I listened today to a long interview with Shabana Mahmood (Home Secretary) on The Rest is Politics Leading. For those interested in faith in politics, issues around immigration and also Palestine Action I believe it is an interesting and worthwhile listen, well worth the time.
It was great to hear a front line politician being so open and answering each question asked and I found the discussion around being a muslin in Britain interesting.
I appreciate that for the haters on here, especially the most frequent posters above, this will just be fuel on the flames. I respectfully suggest you simply ignore this post.
If anyone listens I would be interested in your views.

I also thought it was a interesting podcast. That Shabana says Islam is the most important thing in her life is a problem for me and many others, not because of her personal faith, but because she says that and is in government.
She talked about antisemitism, where is the rise of antisemitism coming from? From blokes called John or is it from fellas called Muhammed?

She talked about the rise of Islamophobia, what rise? criticism of the ideology of Islam is legitimate, the Home Secretary should not be using that made up word to protect her faith from criticism.
She called the Patriot Platform far right, with zero evidence of her claim, and she's a lawyer apparently? But admitted that PP stayed on the right side of the law.
Campbell asked her what she thought about all those on the far right he says Shabana is the only one who gets it, and she said they would kill her in a moment, unclear if she means the actual far right lunatics who would have her dead or deported, or does she mean anyone who disagrees with mass immigration.
She said maybe in the future they could help minorities in the Middle East to gain asylum like gays and women, I wonder what ideology in the Middle East would these folk be persecuted from?

She was right about not giving a free pass to foreign workers, to many work visas for low skilled workers has been abused.
She talked about the pro pally groups who abused her and her team during election, if that was the far right those would have been nicked in a heartbeat.
Rory & Alistair where their usual smarmy hypocritical selves, if they were interviewing a openly Christian government minister, who said their faith was the most important thing, they would not have been loving that, they would be condescending and be ridiculing.

Shabana wants to stop the boats does she? Here she is 11 years ago is Lesbos welcoming in the doctors & engineers to Europe.
External Link/Members Only