There are, of course, many issues with these hook-up sites:
- Fake profiles, or old profiles that are made to appear active by sending out automatic messages.
- Genuine profiles but scammers behind them, i.e. there is someone actively using the site, but they're after taking your money whilst giving you nothing in return (not even meeting) and might not even be the person behind the profile.
I did have some luck on SB, a lot on WYP, and haven't been a paid member on SA since my first month. With WYP, there are no fake profiles as such, because they have to actively bid with you, and the site doesn't do that automatically. You can find that after opening the conversation you don't agree terms with them, but consider that almost a saving as then you don't pay them the agreed amount. Many of them will meet you for that amount, albeit meeting a 25-year old girl for drinks and giving her £50 only for her to block me the next day (albeit I probably wouldn't have bothered continuing anyway) is a bit of a waste. Perhaps I should have been more particular though about who I was meeting but I was quite excited about her yellow doc-marten boots in her photo. (She didn't wear them when we met though, she wore trainers, not the most flattering ones. Had a lot of tattoos).
I may well have found a good one on there - close to my age but only wants payment for the first meet-up and after that, happy to meet up with me just paying for the date. No guarantee of sex but I guess if we really get on, it's something we'd do without any payment.