Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: 2020/21 football season  (Read 20135 times)

Offline ratedj

Yeah most losing players have always taken their medals off as soon as it goes on nothing new. Bruno Fernandes refused to have the medal put around his neck though and just took it in hand.

Unsurprisingly the older players (Matic, Cavani and Mata) were happy for it be put on and left on. Nothing out of the ordinary

Exactly. A non-story.

Online Blackpool Rock

And all the better that Cunt face Fergie was there as part of the ceremony delegation, he seemed to be smiling; laughing and joking with some guy but must have been grating his teeth and seething inside  :yahoo:

Course he was laughing. His legacy grows stronger by the day!
Thought it was disrespectful of the players to take their medals off. 1 or 2 like Juan Mata showed their class.
Hmmm not so sure about that, he's yesterday's man now and his "Legacy" ended soon after he left as it was on the way down anyway with increased competition close to home.

Just found this article but never realised it got under Fergie's skin this much, must have been double annoying for him as he was the King of spin and playing mind games.
Some of the Fergie comments haven't exactly come true, in fact the opposite i'm glad to say  :drinks:

I flew back into Manchester with a guy from work who was a Man Utd season ticket holder and as we walked into the airport they had this Tevez poster right in your face as you walked through the door, I thought it was funny as fuck but he was proper incensed by it  :yahoo:

External Link/Members Only

Offline ratedj

Hmmm not so sure about that, he's yesterday's man now and his "Legacy" ended soon after he left as it was on the way down anyway with increased competition close to home.

Quite the opposite. His legacy extended beyond the realms of football.

Online Blackpool Rock

Quite the opposite. His legacy extended beyond the realms of football.
Interesting, I was referring to his legacy as in his lasting impact on Man Utd and their success which has waned since he left, I know he has or had interests in horse racing and wine but not sure what his legacy is outside of football  :unknown:

Offline ratedj

Interesting, I was referring to his legacy as in his lasting impact on Man Utd and their success which has waned since he left, I know he has or had interests in horse racing and wine but not sure what his legacy is outside of football  :unknown:

Interesting indeed. His legacy was his unparalleled success, and it extended beyond football in the form of him being invited to lecture at Harvard Business School. Whilst United are currently nowhere near as successful as they have been in yesteryear, his legacy has not waned, but quite the opposite.   

Online WARSZAWA16

Manchester United are going nowhere with Solskjaer as their manager.
He is weak and tactically naive. He should have had the guts to substitute an out of sorts Rashford, and to bring Henderson on for the penalty shoot out.
David De Gea has not saved any of the last 36 penalties he has faced whilst Dean Henderson has faced 15 penalties and conceded just 8.
Suspect the powers that be at Old Trafford are happy with him though as he doesn't rock the boat.
Really can't see why any decent player with ambition would choose to go to Manchester United at the moment.   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:31:18 am by WARSZAWA16 »

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Manchester United are going nowhere with Solskjaer as their manager.
He is weak and tactically naive. He should have had the guts to substitute an out of sorts Rashford and to bring Henderson on for the penalty shoot out.
David De Gea has not saved any of the last 36 penalties he has faced.

I remember thinking last night I've never seen De Gea save a penalty and that stat is unbelievable. I found his technique really odd as well he seemed to dive past or under the ball pretty much everytime.

Compared to Pickford who is a excellent penalty saver (average everywhere else apart from commiting assault on Dutch defenders!) found it really weird to see.

Really hoping there arent penalties in the Champions League final, find it too tense regardless who is playing!

Online Blackpool Rock

Interesting indeed. His legacy was his unparalleled success, and it extended beyond football in the form of him being invited to lecture at Harvard Business School. Whilst United are currently nowhere near as successful as they have been in yesteryear, his legacy has not waned, but quite the opposite.
Sorry but that doesn't make sense, so we're not talking about legacy in terms of money inherited after someone dies but in his case the legacy of his "Aftermath" which is basically what happens after he has left not while he was there.
If Moyes etc had continued to have success and keep them at the top then that would be considered to be a good legacy that he'd passed on however as you say they are not as successful as they were.
On that basis his legacy isn't good but you claim it hasn't waned in fact the opposite, that's at odds with the meaning of legacy and the club results.

The fact he has lectured at Harvard and I believe other places about Management isn't a legacy and I always found a strange choice as his style of Management is at odds with how most modern business's would want to operate as it would break their ethics policy

His real legacy is "Fergie Time"

ADDITIONAL SYNONYMS
in the sense of aftermath
Definition
effects or results of an event considered collectively
In the aftermath of the coup, troops opened fire on demonstrators.
Synonymseffects,end,results,wake,consequences,outcome,sequel,end result,upshot,aftereffects

Online Blackpool Rock

Quite a few of the big name managers are on the move which then creates ripples as their positions are filled

I find it a bit strange that Spurs are apparently talking to Pochettino to try and get him back again, I mean exactly why would he want to return to Spurs if Kane looks set to leave and if Kane does go then i'm half expecting Son to also look elsewhere, without those 2 Spurs will be bottom half next season unless they get decent replacements or Bale plays every game all of a sudden

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 04:08:29 am by Blackpool Rock »

Offline mr.bluesky

Quite a few of the big name managers are on the move which then creates ripples as their positions are filled

I find it a bit strange that Spurs are apparently talking to Pochettino to try and get him back again, I mean exactly why would he want to return to Spurs if Kane looks set to leave and if Kane does go then i'm half expecting Son to also look elsewhere, without those 2 Spurs will be bottom half next season unless they get decent replacements or Bale plays every game all of a sudden

Yes very strange for Spurs to go back in for Pochettino who failed to win the French league with moneybags PSG and who failed to reach the final of the Champions league. Apparently Bale is going to make an announcement  after the Euros about his future.  A return to Real Madrid ? especially now that Zidan has quit as manager there. Klinsmann has thrown his hat into the ring saying he would be interested in the Spurs job. Whoever takes over they will have a difficult job if expected Kane leaves. Without him or an adequate replacement Spurs will be a mid table team next season

Offline cideruk

Yes very strange for Spurs to go back in for Pochettino who failed to win the French league with moneybags PSG and who failed to reach the final of the Champions league. Apparently Bale is going to make an announcement  after the Euros about his future.  A return to Real Madrid ? especially now that Zidan has quit as manager there. Klinsmann has thrown his hat into the ring saying he would be interested in the Spurs job. Whoever takes over they will have a difficult job if expected Kane leaves. Without him or an adequate replacement Spurs will be a mid table team next season

Big Sam, perfect fit

Offline nwluvit

Big Sam, perfect fit

Well, he does not want to be Fireman Sam anymore does he!!

Online Blackpool Rock

Big Sam, perfect fit
I know he failed with WBA last season but his appointment was probably a bit late in the day however Big Sam is normally appointed to stop a club getting relegated.
Perhaps that what they need if Kane & Son leave  :unknown:

Offline cideruk

Son leave  :unknown:

Didn't know Son was on the way out too

They'll be rubbish without those two

Online Blackpool Rock

Didn't know Son was on the way out too

They'll be rubbish without those two
That's only my "Theory" but I recon the penny will drop that without Kane Spurs and therefore himself stand zero chance of winning anything, their best chance was about 5-6 seasons ago when Leicester won it but they went all "Spursy"  :rolleyes:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Spurs have won fuck all with Son and Kane. Moving them on and using funds to re-build makes sense I think. Only fly in the ointment is when they re-invested the Bale money a few years back they mostly wasted it on mediocrity so maybe Levy isn't as shrewd as he thinks.

Offline webpunter

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:16:36 pm by webpunter »

Online Blackpool Rock

Excusez-moi  :lol:

Edit - Vorsprung Durch .....

Hidden Image/Members Only
Is that a screen shot from some Fifa football game or presumably some youth cup competition  :unknown:

Last "Major" honour was the Micky Mouse cup in 07/08 but most people wouldn't really even consider it a major honour, they are also proud to detail the charity shield wins which are only contested between 2 teams as major honours.
In fact it's even so long ago they won it that they haven't updated the competition name to the community shield, the name changed in 2002  :sarcastic:

If you want the last major major honour then it's the FA cup all the way back in 91 so 30 years ago yet they are considered one of the premier leagues Big 6, talk about sleeping giant he must be in a fucking coma  :hi:

Offline ratedj

Is that a screen shot from some Fifa football game or presumably some youth cup competition  :unknown:

It's neither. I believe it is tongue-in-cheek on the part of Webpunter. It's the 2019 Audi Cup pre-season tournament hosted by Bayern Munich, where Spurs seemed to take great joy from winning it, leading to plenty of memes, as you can imagine.

Offline mr.bluesky

It's neither. I believe it is tongue-in-cheek on the part of Webpunter. It's the 2019 Audi Cup pre-season tournament hosted by Bayern Munich, where Spurs seemed to take great joy from winning it, leading to plenty of memes, as you can imagine.

Spurs like to "big" themselves up as one of the elite 6 teams of the Premier league unfortunately they have not won any trophies recently to back up this claim. Even Leicester City have been more successful than Spurs with a Premier league title and FA Cup win.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:34:14 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

TIC, moi ?

One of their sponsors is Dulux, who ripped it out of them
" don't be silly, surfaces should be dust free before painting "
Brilliant  :lol:

Online Blackpool Rock

Brentford 1-0 up through a penalty after 8 minutes in the "Richest game in football"

Online Blackpool Rock

And now 2-0 on the counter attack

Offline mr.bluesky

And now 2-0 on the counter attack

No team since Bolton in 1995 have come from 2-0 down to win a play off final  :hi:
Swansea now down to 10 men. Not looking good for them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:29:53 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
Brentford win 2-0 and take their place in the Premier League, Swansea I thought were poor even before they went down to 10, failed to register a shot on target all match

:drinks:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Brentford win 2-0 and take their place in the Premier League, Swansea I thought were poor even before they went down to 10, failed to register a shot on target all match

Yes. Swans had an opportunity to get it back to 1-2 just after HT but Ayew headed wide when he really ought to have put it in, or at least on target. Given the importance of the game and money involved why didn't they have VAR? Swans sending off seemed very harsh given it was entirely accidental, a coming together and a slip. Can't see it ultimately made much difference given out toothless Swans were though.
Reckon that's it for Swansea and Cardiff now... both of them are shit out of parachute money next season and will be drastically cutting their wage bills.

Online Blackpool Rock

Chelsea 1-0 at half time, quite a good 1st half for the neutral, more action in the 1st 10 minutes than the whole 2 hour durge that was the Europa final

Offline ratedj

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:03:44 pm by ratedj »

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
Yes. Swans had an opportunity to get it back to 1-2 just after HT but Ayew headed wide when he really ought to have put it in, or at least on target. Given the importance of the game and money involved why didn't they have VAR? Swans sending off seemed very harsh given it was entirely accidental, a coming together and a slip. Can't see it ultimately made much difference given out toothless Swans were though.
Reckon that's it for Swansea and Cardiff now... both of them are shit out of parachute money next season and will be drastically cutting their wage bills.

They haven't used VAR in the Championship this season so it wasn't used in the Final

Online Blackpool Rock

Yeah most losing players have always taken their medals off as soon as it goes on nothing new. Bruno Fernandes refused to have the medal put around his neck though and just took it in hand.

Unsurprisingly the older players (Matic, Cavani and Mata) were happy for it be put on and left on. Nothing out of the ordinary
Well what a contrast, just watched the City players go up to collect their runner up medals and only saw one take it straight off and one take it in his hand, Pep even kissed his medal.

So what's the difference between Utd and City mentality, one team are sportsmen and the other are spoilt brats, this just backs up everything I and Millions of others hate about Man Utd  :hi:

Offline ratedj

Well what a contrast, just watched the City players go up to collect their runner up medals and only saw one take it straight off and one take it in his hand, Pep even kissed his medal.

So what's the difference between Utd and City mentality, one team are sportsmen and the other are spoilt brats, this just backs up everything I and Millions of others hate about Man Utd  :hi:

It's okay for you to hate Man United, but maybe it is a bit presumptuous to act as the spokesperson for others.

Offline Londonpunter30

Wasnt what I saw.  Several of them took it off straight away

Online Blackpool Rock

It's okay for you to hate Man United, but maybe it is a bit presumptuous to act as the spokesperson for others.
But Millions do hate them and for the sort of reasons I stated, anyway it appears i'm not on my own  :hi:

Online Blackpool Rock

I'm sure the video is out there somewhere, had a quick look but can't find it and i'm happy to stand corrected if it shows most of them taking them off however I specifically looked to see what they did and as I say I saw 1 take it off and 1 take it in his hand

Was a bit surprised to see Pep kiss his medal though and looks like it's raised a few other eyebrows

Online Blackpool Rock

OK so here we go then, 1st up are the officials followed by Pep who kisses his medal, the next 6 players accept it round their neck and the video doesn't show them taking it off, the 7th takes it straight off, 8 9 and 10 all take the medal round their neck without taking it off before 11 refuses, the next 7 take it then the last 2 take it off

So of 21 people including Pep the video only shows 1 person refusing it round their neck and 3 taking it straight off.

The video did cut away so perhaps there were a few players who weren't captured on film and perhaps i've mis counted or missed a player but it looks to me that over 80% of them didn't take it straight off

Sportmanship; respect; honour and magnanimous in defeat  :drinks:

Online chrishornx

Congratulations to Chelsea, their moment of victory shouldn't be spoilt by the thread focusing on the petulance of United and their reluctance to take a medal

credit to City and very well done Chelsea

Offline The0neAnd0nly

If you hate a team/ individual you hate them regardless of what they do with their medals.

Case in point - Mourinho throwing winning medals the the crowd. If you like him hes the coolest and most cult icon manager of all time for doing so. If you dont like him hes a arrogant and disrespectful twat doing so.

If I was a player I'd show my respect in congratulating the winning team and going up to get the medal but it would be coming straight off. Wonder if a player/manager has ever refused to go up to actually receive a losing medal as that would be the most disrespectful thing IMO?

Congratulations to Chelsea deserved it on the night. Man City will have their time again I'm sure but Peps tactics to not playing a CDM definitely backfired.
He also seemed overly calm and zen the whole build up to the match which is not like him at all, maybe this shifted the mentality of his players.

Offline ratedj

I'm sure but Peps tactics to not playing a CDM definitely backfired.

It certainly did. I found it interesting that City felt the need to make such a bold tactical change. Having Gündoğan as the most defensive-minded midfielder negated his third-man running instincts, and I don't think Foden was able to influence the game from the areas that he normally would until KDB went off. I fully believe that Chelsea anticipated City opting for a false nine. Say what you want about Werner, but in his defence he did a great job in occupying both Dias and Stones.

From watching the NFL I've come to realise that there are certain teams that can create a matchup nightmare for a particular opponent. Currently, Chelsea are a matchup nightmare for City, which is why I felt they would win. Tactically, Tuchel was once more spot on, utilising the space between midfield and defence, as well as the space behind the defence, which is where the goal came from. There were plenty of Chelsea players who had a great game, but none more so than N'Golo Kanté, who was simply sensational. In terms of what he does, quite frankly there is no one better. In the coming years I fully believe that people will make reference to the Kanté role in the same way that they did for Claude Makélélé.

Offline Denhamhoop

Thought Pep got virtually everything wrong last night no holding midfielders and playing both Mahrez and Bernardo and Foden and Sterling just smacked too much of round pegs in square holes for me

Online Blackpool Rock

Didn't initially think the clash was that bad when Kevin De Bruyne went down injured but clearly when he walked off he was in serious trouble, fractured nose and eye socket 2 weeks before the Euros is damn bad luck

Offline mr.bluesky

Didn't initially think the clash was that bad when Kevin De Bruyne went down injured but clearly when he walked off he was in serious trouble, fractured nose and eye socket 2 weeks before the Euros is damn bad luck

Bad luck for Belgium but not for any team that has to play them.

Offline mr.bluesky

Tangerine Army  :drinks:

A well deserved win. Poor Lincolns record in the play offs are as bad as Brentfords (until yesterday's victory)

Offline Rick2468

Tangerine Army  :drinks:

Congratulations. I was neutral going into that one. A playoff final must be nerve-racking. I have had a few last game nailbiters when my team was battling relegation.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

It certainly did. I found it interesting that City felt the need to make such a bold tactical change. Having Gündoğan as the most defensive-minded midfielder negated his third-man running instincts, and I don't think Foden was able to influence the game from the areas that he normally would until KDB went off. I fully believe that Chelsea anticipated City opting for a false nine. Say what you want about Werner, but in his defence he did a great job in occupying both Dias and Stones.

From watching the NFL I've come to realise that there are certain teams that can create a matchup nightmare for a particular opponent. Currently, Chelsea are a matchup nightmare for City, which is why I felt they would win. Tactically, Tuchel was once more spot on, utilising the space between midfield and defence, as well as the space behind the defence, which is where the goal came from. There were plenty of Chelsea players who had a great game, but none more so than N'Golo Kanté, who was simply sensational. In terms of what he does, quite frankly there is no one better. In the coming years I fully believe that people will make reference to the Kanté role in the same way that they did for Claude Makélélé.

Agree with the analysis and that Kante was the best player on the night. In regards to Werner he reminds me of one Diego Forlan (at MUFC) cant score for toffee but will never stop trying or shooting which is fair play.

Obviously Tuchel stands by him as hes played consistently under him. Werner is now a Champions League winner which is more then can be said of Sergio Ageuro (not a dig at Aguero I'm a huge fan).

Kante is one of 6 players now that has won PL, World Cup and Champions League. Can you guess the others (I only got 3 or 4 out of 5 before Kante.)

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Looked like a broken orbital as soon as it happened as remember similar for Kell Brook (against GGG) and a UFC fighter recently. Shame as think KDB is thr best player in the World and had he won CL, would have been voted it I think.