I have had a case of EAS in the past. I think a lot of it is down to the way the SP behaves and often they are crossing the boundaries a bit.
I have also known that these SPs have got into relationships with clients. In my case she did just as she had added me to her "social circle" and when that ended she actually texted me to say she is working again and I had actually moved on but got hooked in at that point.
Relationships between SPs and clients can happen but you have to be very careful and it's probably best avoided unless you 1. really have enough disposable money and 2. are happy with the fact you'd be dating a SP.
Since feelings are something that is difficult to control, I believe that every punter has experienced such a situation before. However, the older you are, the less there is a risk imho, older donkeys (like me, for example) know how to live together with his great love after the initial fire only still glows a wee bit, many relationships only exist because of children, debts after buying a house, habit. At some point the children are out of the house and you have nothing to say to each other, that's it, then divorce. You pay off your, hopefully, good friend, end of the sad story.
Therefore, the old wise man no longer wants relationships, neither with friends in everyday life, nor with girls that he has to pay. That is my very personal view and not a wisdom of life.

Incidentally, I came on this thread after a forum member assumed for fun EAS after my comment.