Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Another TV show Looking to find punters  (Read 5170 times)

blubon

**With Permission of Admin**

Hi my name is Kevin; I’m a junior developer at a Television company called Zig Zag External Link/Members Only.

I can already feel half of you rolling your eyes at this so I’m just going to cut straight to the point. We want to make a one off documentary for Channel 4 (yes, I know they have a bit of a shitty reputation when it comes to representing sex workers but hear me out). The show is called “Yes, I Pay for Sex” and as you can guess it’s about people who pay for sex. Now, before you all go jumping down my throat (pun unintended), this show is focused on more than just the average punter. We want to look at ALL the types of people who pay for sex, men, women, transgendered, young, old, rich, poor, disabled, gay, straight, bi, single, married, couples and widowed.

This show is about disputing the stereotype people have of punters and instead give the actual people who pay for sex a platform to genuinely share their reasons & experiences of using a prostitute. We’re not interested in judging or condemning the practise, there’s already 100 shows that do that shit. This is about trying to understand.

We’ve already been in contact with a few contributors who are interested in taking part in the show. For example, George Muppet (who I’m sure most of you already know) and Unit 8 massage parlour in Sheffield; as they can help put us get in contact with their disabled punters, especially military veterans handicapped due to combat. We’re also talking to Dr Sarah Kingston at Lancaster University, an advocate for legalising sex workers, who’s currently conducting a nationwide study on women who pay for sex. There’s a whole bunch of people we’re working with and I’m just using these examples to show that we’re genuine about shedding a different and diverse light on the subject.

Before you ask; no we can’t pay anyone for their time, this is a documentary, paying contributors compromises the validity of the programme or some shit like that.  If you would want to promote something RELATED to the subject, that may be a possible but at most you could just mention the product or the service, you couldn't specifically advertise as that would be product placement. And of course, if you don’t want to reveal your identity then you can appear on the show anonymously. And no, I've never been with a sex worker myself, but I it's support decriminalisation.

I know that television is seen as the great Satan on here and that it has the reputation of being untrustworthy. Speaking around to the people who were involved in A Very British Brothel, I get that a lot of people felt misrepresented. I don’t know what the producer’s intentions were for that show, but I can tell you ours, to know why people pay for sex, straight from the horse’s mouth.

We gain nothing from sugar coating or censoring what any of you have to say.  In fact, I’m not going to lie, the more honest you guys are the better it is for our ratings and publicity, because that’s what television is all about. I can’t promise you that everything you say will make it on air. The reality of the matter is we’ll focus on the most surprising and outlandish stuff, but we won’t misrepresent you or take what you said out of context. We’re not interested in reinforcing stereotypes because the truth is, no one is going to watch a TV show that just tells them what they already suspect, people want to watch a show that surprises them. Besides, Zig Zag already has a history of making controversial TV so we’re prepared for the backlash we may get for representing unpopular opinions.

So if after the barrage of justifiable insults and put downs I’ll get on this message board, there are still some of you who are genuinely interested or you have any questions, then please contact me either by email at kevin.muyolo@zigzag.uk.com or you can Zis Zag on 020 7017 8755 and ask for Kevin.

Cheers

Kevin

Diehard

Hi my name is Kevin; I’m a junior developer at a Television company called Zig Zag External Link/Members Only.

I can already feel half of you rolling your eyes at this so I’m just going to cut straight to the point. We want to make a one off documentary for Channel 4 (yes, I know they have a bit of a shitty reputation when it comes to representing sex workers but hear me out). The show is called “Yes, I Pay for Sex” and as you can guess it’s about people who pay for sex. Now, before you all go jumping down my throat (pun unintended), this show is focused on more than just the average punter. We want to look at ALL the types of people who pay for sex, men, women, transgendered, young, old, rich, poor, disabled, gay, straight, bi, single, married, couples and widowed.

This show is about disputing the stereotype people have of punters and instead give the actual people who pay for sex a platform to genuinely share their reasons & experiences of using a prostitute. We’re not interested in judging or condemning the practise, there’s already 100 shows that do that shit. This is about trying to understand.

We’ve already been in contact with a few contributors who are interested in taking part in the show. For example, George Muppet (who I’m sure most of you already know) and Unit 8 massage parlour in Sheffield; as they can help put us get in contact with their disabled punters, especially military veterans handicapped due to combat. We’re also talking to Dr Sarah Kingston at Lancaster University, an advocate for legalising sex workers, who’s currently conducting a nationwide study on women who pay for sex. There’s a whole bunch of people we’re working with and I’m just using these examples to show that we’re genuine about shedding a different and diverse light on the subject.

Before you ask; no we can’t pay anyone for their time, this is a documentary, paying contributors compromises the validity of the programme or some shit like that.  If you would want to promote something RELATED to the subject, that may be a possible but at most you could just mention the product or the service, you couldn't specifically advertise as that would be product placement. And of course, if you don’t want to reveal your identity then you can appear on the show anonymously. And no, I've never been with a sex worker myself, but I it's support decriminalisation.

I know that television is seen as the great Satan on here and that it has the reputation of being untrustworthy. Speaking around to the people who were involved in A Very British Brothel, I get that a lot of people felt misrepresented. I don’t know what the producer’s intentions were for that show, but I can tell you ours, to know why people pay for sex, straight from the horse’s mouth.

We gain nothing from sugar coating or censoring what any of you have to say.  In fact, I’m not going to lie, the more honest you guys are the better it is for our ratings and publicity, because that’s what television is all about. I can’t promise you that everything you say will make it on air. The reality of the matter is we’ll focus on the most surprising and outlandish stuff, but we won’t misrepresent you or take what you said out of context. We’re not interested in reinforcing stereotypes because the truth is, no one is going to watch a TV show that just tells them what they already suspect, people want to watch a show that surprises them. Besides, Zig Zag already has a history of making controversial TV so we’re prepared for the backlash we may get for representing unpopular opinions.

So if after the barrage of justifiable insults and put downs I’ll get on this message board, there are still some of you who are genuinely interested or you have any questions, then please contact me either by email at kevin.muyolo@zigzag.uk.com or you can Zis Zag on 020 7017 8755 and ask for Kevin.

Cheers

Kevin

:dash: :dash: :dash:

Dick4snowqueens

Really?!
George Muppet  :thumbsdown:
Mr Kevin just quit while u are ahead

Quesadilla

I was kind of intrigued by your pitch until I saw your mention of George Muppet, which instantly dropped much of your credibility, but then I went to your company website to see what kind of programs you make. Where to start?

"Troy" - yet another show about a stage magician impressing the gullible on the streets. Ho hum
"Too fat to fly", a ridiculous sensationalisation of the issue of overweight people flying - could have been a decent piece of journalism - failed miserably.
"Scam city" another show about rip offs - ironically a rip off itself of genuinely good shows like "The Real Hustle" - but here's what the Independent had to say about it "Whereas most consumer watchdogs investigate scams at the instigation of aggrieved parties, in Scam City presenter Conor Woodman, travels the world looking for trouble and – what's more pitiful – often fails to find it."  :sarcastic:

Oh and my personal favourite - "I wanna marry Harry" where a bunch of sad American women are conned into believing they have a chance with Prince Harry.  I don't think this was ever aired in full it was so bad.

In short, you guys have a pretty piss poor track record of making good TV so for that reason - I'm out!

Offline PLeisure

or some shit like that.

Do you feel the need to appeal to us on a street level, Kevin ?  :sarcastic:

Offline Cuntminion

Danny dyers deadliest men?!?

:lol:

fenderstrat31

I was kind of intrigued by your pitch until I saw your mention of George Muppet, which instantly dropped much of your credibility, but then I went to your company website to see what kind of programs you make. Where to start?

"Troy" - yet another show about a stage magician impressing the gullible on the streets. Ho hum
"Too fat to fly", a ridiculous sensationalisation of the issue of overweight people flying - could have been a decent piece of journalism - failed miserably.
"Scam city" another show about rip offs - ironically a rip off itself of genuinely good shows like "The Real Hustle" - but here's what the Independent had to say about it "Whereas most consumer watchdogs investigate scams at the instigation of aggrieved parties, in Scam City presenter Conor Woodman, travels the world looking for trouble and – what's more pitiful – often fails to find it."  :sarcastic:

Oh and my personal favourite - "I wanna marry Harry" where a bunch of sad American women are conned into believing they have a chance with Prince Harry.  I don't think this was ever aired in full it was so bad.

In short, you guys have a pretty piss poor track record of making good TV so for that reason - I'm out!

Love your comment Ques, and may I agree with you and also say - I'm Out!

johnnyboy61

Unfortunately for you Kevins don't have a great deal of credence on this forum (along with the programmes your company makes according to Q's very informative posting).

From UKP's Wiki pages:
"Kevin: Popular phrase on UKP when referring to an English Pimp"

Perhaps change your name to something more UKP friendly such as Michelle, Ameera, Lindsey or Khloe and you may receive a less hostile reception.

Offline NIK

Cheers

Kevin

This has been done time and time before. I fairly recently had an interview with a producer from the previous effort who assured me it would be different. No it wasn't.
I declined to take part as basically, as in all such programmes, you are simply wanting to use people to further your own careers. There is absolutely nothing in it for the participants and you are dependent on peoples' bizarre (to me) and insatiable desire to appear on television. People like Muppet are happy to do that and having him is no great coup seeing as he has appeared many times before. Doubtless he will keep his cap on.  :rolleyes:

I have had a book out about my punting experiences for over three years now. I was told there would be no payment. Fair enough I asked but what about a bit of publicity for the book then? No we can't even guarantee that I was told. Fair enough, stuff you I thought. Why should I help TV people to further their careers if there is absolutely nothing in it for me?

Good luck to you, but I like to think the majority of UKP members aren't as naïve as most of the idiots who are regularly willing to make dicks of themselves on 'reality documentaries' in order to further someone else's career.

Publicise my book or pay for half a dozen punts for me and I might reconsider.  :D

Big Cat

About a year ago my work arranged for me to go on Channel 4 to record a pre-taped interview about something related to our industry. They ended up using a portion of the interview where what I said was taken out of context and used to further their argument that a company I was discussing was going down hill (the opposite is actually true). I felt a right wally, but lesson learned.

Based on that experience I can't trust TV producers, not that I'd want to discuss my punt life on TV anyway, anonymous or not!

KingAlpha

Any punter taking part in a telly programme like this has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Just another media production company looking to generate content, publicity and revenue. Foxtrot Oscar.

Offline RedKettle

Thanks Q - like you "for that reason I am out"

vw

Hi my name is Kevin; I’m a junior developer at a Television company
Well sending a junior to negotiate with the best punters in the world, not a wise move.  Afraid My Long list is more pressing, and just added rimming various ladies to make it longer.

Good Luck

VW

Offline Cuntminion

The thing is the carrot or lack of and the cynicism and mistrust means they won't get the people who represent punting and end up with fucking numptys

But they did try and get genuine punters , so they did try, so when this show airs I half expect a ten page thread on what a load of shit it is

Personally I enjoy channel 4 and their adult documentaries not on an informative level but bottom of the barrel humour

The dogging one was funny

Offline arkenciel

i suppose if the producer is willing to come up with some cash pool to hand out to punters to pay for the sex service, they might land someone who is willing to partake.

i aint bothered either way.

Offline Cuntminion

i suppose if the producer is willing to come up with some cash pool to hand out to punters to pay for the sex service, they might land someone who is willing to partake.

i aint bothered either way.

It's like Jeremy kyle they say they don't pay but they do, hotel , feed em, wine em

Now if zigzag can do that and leave a couple sp's in said hotel there might be more interest

blubon

Publicise my book or pay for half a dozen punts for me and I might reconsider.  :D

Nik if you wanted to come on and talk about your book, we'd be happy to do that!

blubon

Offline Cuntminion

.....If Carlsberg did punting  :D

Carlsberg is probably one of the worst beers

My offer as it stands
Hotel
Free tab
Line the room with wg's or one decent overnight  :D

Offline LoneWolf2020

i pay for sex when i dont feel like a wank.

Why do people that dont do it need an insight? it doesnt affect them so dont worry about it.

oh, and why is george Muppet going on it? that bastard's never paid for sex in his life

blubon

Carlsberg is probably one of the worst beers

My offer as it stands
Hotel
Free tab
Line the room with wg's or one decent overnight  :D

Would you settle for a paid transport and a free lunch instead?

Quesadilla

If lunch is coke and pussy a la Lord Sewel you might actually get some takers!  :sarcastic:

Offline Cuntminion

Hmmmm not much of a counter offer

In all honesty though I hope you get decent people and do a good job

You didn't pull punches and straight to the point , you knew you were going to get stick

I look forward to watching  :hi:

Offline Fishface

I hear Lord Sewel's looking for a gig.
Banned reason: No reviews in 7 years and refusing to explain why.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Gordon Bennett

OP just needs to find some fame hungry zeroes who dream of being the next Joey Essex and feed them some lines/scenarios, y'know, sort of "scripted reality" cobblers.
Can't see any possibility of genuine punters biting whatsoever - will only attract cranks and fantasists but I suspect OP won't give a toss about veracity of his subjects as long as he can scratch 15 mins of content together that he can string out into a 60 min documentary.

Offline cunnyhunt

Ok Kevin for sure some friends know I punt but would I put myself on national TV and commit career suicide.

No fucking way.

For information if HP offers himself don't open any links to his "girls"  :vomit: :lol:

Offline johnny34

We’ve already been in contact with a few contributors who are interested in taking part in the show. For example, George Muppet

I stopped reading at this point Kevin as you just lost any credibility you had (not that you had any to start with). George Muppet has a vested interest & is not therefore independent.

Offline anyfucker

... you are dependent on peoples' bizarre (to me) and insatiable desire to appear on television.
+1
We live in an age when people are desperate to be celebrities to the extent they will appear on television and be made to look stupid/greedy...
As the OP said they're looking for sensational not run of the mill everyday punts.

Offline Stapler

We’ve already been in contact with a few contributors who are interested in taking part in the show. For example, George Muppet (who I’m sure most of you already know)

Before you ask; no we can’t pay anyone for their time. If you would want to promote something RELATED to the subject, that may be a possible but at most you could just mention the product or the service......

Unfortunately you have made a mistake by including Muppet in your programme and an even bigger mistake mentioning that fact to us!

He will want to promote his 'Muppets Guide' and that is the sole reason he has agreed to come onto your programme! All he is after is freebie as he does with the girls in exchange for putting them in his guide!

..S....
Banned reason: For having fuck all useful to say
Banned by: Head1

Offline cueball

Well Kevin, I punt for the thrill.

There's no fuckin way I'm going on tv though, you can keep that.

I'm sure you'll get a suitable amount of nutters to stand up and look a twat, after all, that's the sort of tv your going to produce

vw

Hi my name is Kevin; I’m a junior developer at a Television company called Zig Zag

Lies already, your a business partner of zig zag according to your website. And role Kevin Utton - Chief Operating Officer External Link/Members Only

You have negative credibility left why misrepresent who you are ?

After spending a brief time in the independent sector working with the likes of Chrysalis, Sunset & Vine, Wall to Wall he then set up Zig Zag in 1999 with his business partner Kevin Utton.   External Link/Members Only  

Offline Stapler

Lies already, your a business partner of zig zag according to your website. And role Kevin Utton - Chief Operating Officer External Link/Members Only

Good find VW!

Owned!   :sarcastic:

..S...

Offline NIK

Nik if you wanted to come on and talk about your book, we'd be happy to do that!

To be fair you probably aren't aware of the history of UKP and the fact that there are many crazy and / or evil people involved in this business.
The 'sisterhood' (do some research) would cream their jeans if I appeared on national TV!  :scare:

Offline mh

Ditto. If he's in then, to quote another programme, "I'm out".

<edit> I see RedKettle beat me to it ;)

Offline mh

Actually, I'm angry about this. How did George Muppet become the goto person for TV companies looking at punting? He doesn't fucking pay for sex, he misleads WGs into letting him fuck them to get in a guide that only the utterly deluded would refer to.

Any TV production company that includes him in anything are demonstrating they have no interest in anything other than titilation of the general viewing public. They are promoting a charlatan, worse than a charlatan.

Nik, at least if they promoted your book there's a chance those interested would get some genuine information.

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
I doubt you will get many jump at the chance once you state you have Mr Muppet onboard.  This guy is far from being a punter as a punter pays for sex where as he does not pay.  He tries to convince girls to give him free sex in return for a good review.  Its why the ebst reviews are from parlours as they can afford to give a freebie out when he basically demands it.  If like me they refuse they end up with a crappy review stating services they don't offer.  So its a case of basically give him free sex or else and you want your programme associated with him.  That shows you are not looking for a genuine punter outlook.
I am also rather shocked that any agency will be putting you into contact with their disabled clients.  That is not the done thing at all.  I am sure now you have named them a lot of people will be avoiding them like the plague.

Offline NIK

Actually, I'm angry about this. How did George Muppet become the goto person for TV companies looking at punting? He doesn't fucking pay for sex, he misleads WGs into letting him fuck them to get in a guide that only the utterly deluded would refer to.

Any TV production company that includes him in anything are demonstrating they have no interest in anything other than titilation of the general viewing public. They are promoting a charlatan, worse than a charlatan.

Nik, at least if they promoted your book there's a chance those interested would get some genuine information.

Possibly.

However I totally agree about George Muppet. I only saw him once on a programme many years ago, although I believe he has appeared regularly on TV. Seeing him once was enough for me. With his cap and I believe he kept his socks on too it just looked both stupid and seedy. Also I believe he only goes to parlours and doesn't see other types of prossies. You can't imagine him shelling out £500 for a 'high class courtesan.'  :D  So you would only be getting one aspect of the paid sex scene from him.
And a stupid and seedy aspect too!  :thumbsdown:

Offline maxxblue

How have you linked the OP (Kevin) with Kevin Utton, as the email address indicates that the OP's surname is Muyolo - am I missing something?

Offline Stapler

Like he's gonna use his REAL email address!  :rolleyes:

..S...

Offline maxxblue

Like he's gonna use his REAL email address!  :rolleyes:

..S...

Firstly, I didn't say that it was his real email address - I asked how the link was made between the OP, who calls himself Kevin, and Kevin Utton, the Chief operating Officer.

Secondly, if he is a serious journalist, it wouldn't be unreasonable to give a real email address - after all, he did give a real telephone number for ZigZag Productions.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:18:07 pm by maxxblue »

Offline Cuntminion

Good find
External Link/Members Only

Owner according to this

Offline purple_t

If you hadn't cursed in the OP, if there weren't grammatical errors, and had you not got George Muppet on board I may have considered your offer (very big maybe)...

That said I genuinely wish you the best of luck with this project and hope the show really does have the honest intentions you describe. Though I have my doubts

Offline LoneWolf2020

would you even trust them to blank out your face if you asked? i wouldn't.

Offline Tiger63

Don't think this going as well  as  Kevin hoped  :lol:

Offline mf_1101

would you even trust them to blank out your face if you asked? i wouldn't.

Well I am fairly sure you can sue if they don't...so I would trust them to do that at least.

Everything else? I considered this for about 0.5 Milliseconds, nothing to gain, everything to lose. But say...if you could cover my next punt I might reconsider (I should say my next punt is going to be an overnight with a high class "courtesan"  :lol:

Offline Stapler

......he did give a real telephone number for ZigZag Productions.  ;)

But only the general office number. Not his own or even his ext. number!

..S...

blubon

Believe it or not, we do have more than one Kevin who works here. If you look at the email I provide at the end, my last name is Muyolo, not Utton.

Easy mistake to make  :)

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
We’ve already been in contact with a few contributors who are interested in taking part in the show. For example, George Muppet (who I’m sure most of you already know) and Unit 8 massage parlour in Sheffield
Why Sheffield again? Why not a classy parlour like HoD or Sandys, of course they don't need the publicity.

blubon

Also, I'm getting a lot of negative feedback saying that we shouldn't go with George Muppet. If he really is as poor a reflection of the average punter then we won't go with him.

We want to portray as accurately as possible the real clientèle of WGs, not necessarily someone with their own agenda.

Like you guys have been saying, we are very naive about this industry but we want to change that and we're taking all that you say on board, whether you wish to participate or not.

vw

Believe it or not, we do have more than one Kevin who works here. If you look at the email I provide at the end, my last name is Muyolo, not Utton.

Easy mistake to make  :)
Easy mistake to make, one I won't make is come anywhere near your studio.