Author Topic: Men’s Fragrance’s  (Read 4091 times)

Offline mr.bluesky

Good grief man!
What's happened to mankind?


Hidden Image/Members Only

  :lol: they have all turned into flowery smelling big Jessie's phoenix.   :D
Before I go on a punt it's a shower and a Liberal coating of Johnson's baby powder* that usually brings out the compliments  (perhaps it brings out the motherly instinct in them )  ;) * and my skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:17:21 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I never really understand threads like this. Our own pheromones means that every aftershave will smell slightly different on each of us regardless of what expensive marketing campaigns tell us.

Offline sir wanksalot

For everyday use now & again i try 'inspired by' products
They vary as to how close they are to the real thing, most are pretty good
The key difference is that they dont last as long
& the price maybe 20%-25% depending on what you like
However they are cheap enuf to whack it on & also transfer some of the copy to a small travel size / pocket spray
& more than fine for your average SP not to know the difference, or care
Tho only originals for civvys
The copies also seem to work ok using the original when heading out then a pocket spray of the copy as top up
Keep the real ones in a cupboard / in the box out of the light
Crikey this reads like something from our bestie friends over @ M-net  :lol:  :scare:

 :D

I realised this a long time ago and I fully embrace it!

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
You reckon?
Say Herod to me and I think of the "slaughter of the innocents." Probably not the first image I want to portray when indulging...

And did you know that Herod the Great died of gangrene of the bollocks and penis?
External Link/Members Only "Herod's disease"

daft thing to name a perfume after

Offline Mr Sinister

Looking to stock up on some new fragrances. Which do you recommend? Also list the ones that you’ve been complimented on during a punt.

The ones I already have;

Dior Sauvage
1 million
Armani code
Stronger with you - gets the most compliments!
Creed avantus - surprisingly never get compliments.
Dior, The One

I'll be honest your list is quite generic now all those fragrances are played out, not surprised you don't get compliments for Creed since every guy up square mile wears it.

What I've been wearing lately -

Diptyque EAU Duelle - Been loving vanilla/Powdery scents lately gets compliments with ladies

Crayon Sand Service - Quite creamy, sandalwood


Maison Margiela - Autumn vibes, nice woody fragrance

Zara Surfing Puerto Escondido - I do like a high st fragrance, this one is very interesting since it's sweet and floral more like a women's perfume but I get regular compliments on this

I like to experiment with my fragrances, I long moved away from the masculine designer fragrances since you just end up smelling like every other guy out there. The only issue with my collection is that every civvy that comes to my place likes to have a spray
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:34:30 am by Mr Sinister »

Offline JontyR

And did you know that Herod the Great died of gangrene of the bollocks and penis?
External Link/Members Only "Herod's disease"

daft thing to name a perfume after
every day is a school day.

Offline threechilliman

I never really understand threads like this. Our own pheromones means that every aftershave will smell slightly different on each of us regardless of what expensive marketing campaigns tell us.
I'm inclined to agree. One of mine that attracts more comments than all the others put together but it's one pf the less expensive one's.

Offline sir wanksalot

I'll be honest your list is quite generic now all those fragrances are played out, not surprised you don't get compliments for Creed since every guy up square mile wears it.

What I've been wearing lately -

Diptyque EAU Duelle - Been loving vanilla/Powdery scents lately gets compliments with ladies

Crayon Sand Service - Quite creamy, sandalwood


Maison Margiela - Autumn vibes, nice woody fragrance

Zara Surfing Puerto Escondido - I do like a high st fragrance, this one is very interesting since it's sweet and floral more like a women's perfume but I get regular compliments on this

I like to experiment with my fragrances, I long moved away from the masculine designer fragrances since you just end up smelling like every other guy out there. The only issue with my collection is that every civvy that comes to my place likes to have a spray

Yeah there's a lot of boutique type fragrances which are supposed to be good but how do you test them or are you just blind buying?

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,754
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
Yeah there's a lot of boutique type fragrances which are supposed to be good but how do you test them or are you just blind buying?

I used to read the reviews on Basenotes.com but that site has declined to oblivion.

External Link/Members Only is quite decent for reviews

Offline Mr Sinister

Yeah there's a lot of boutique type fragrances which are supposed to be good but how do you test them or are you just blind buying?

I usually pop down the west end and go to John Lewis, Selfridges and there's some boutique lifestyle shops that stocks these so I test them there before I buy

Offline Razor Boy


Always wear Aqua Di Parma's Mirto di Panarea when punting, have had loads of compliments from the girls about it.

Others I generally wear are...

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
Tom Ford - Noir
Hermes - Terre de Hermes
Aqua Di Parma - Sandalo ( Great in the Autumn )

How these perfume companies are selling stuff with the lack of samples being offered in places beats me. Prices are on the up and up and you can't guess what the smell is like or how it reacts on your skin unless you can try before you buy.

If I can get into London at all during the year I'll visit Selfridges and head to their department, I think it's the best of the lot for trying things and getting samples.
I then usually buy from allbeauty.com as they discount prices or sell a large bottle for the standard bottle price.

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,754
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
I usually pop down the west end and go to John Lewis, Selfridges and there's some boutique lifestyle shops that stocks these so I test them there before I buy

As above - plus some brands have direct stores - Tom Ford have a couple of shops in London (Covent Garden and Sloane Street)

Bloom perfumery in Covent Garden is a good place to check out unusual stuff, like "Fat Electrician" for example.

"The Fragrance shop" only sells the bog standard stuff (pun not intended :lol:).

Offline royal_male


Crayon Sand Service - Quite creamy, sandalwood


I just came across, What has your experience been with logevity of this one? I am thinking of getting a bottle.

Offline sir wanksalot

I usually pop down the west end and go to John Lewis, Selfridges and there's some boutique lifestyle shops that stocks these so I test them there before I buy

The "West End". Ooo la de dah!  :D

Just messing. I live in a big town but high street options are rapidly disappearing.

I may sometimes order a sample from Ebay but I can never be sure they're authentic.

You'd think there'd be an official place to order samples. Even own brand fragrances don't make it easy for you to buy a small vial as a sample.

Offline mr.bluesky



Crayon Sand Service - Quite creamy, sandalwood




Sounds more like a "real ale" your describing  :D

Offline Steely Dan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,548
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 154
Davidoff Cool Water
The scent unfolds with aromatic notes of mint and lavender, blended with the sensuality of amber. A unique composition that delivers an immediate freshness.

Offline mr.bluesky

Davidoff Cool Water
The scent unfolds with aromatic notes of mint and lavender, blended with the sensuality of amber. A unique composition that delivers an immediate freshness.

Good God man, you must work in advertising to come up with that  :D
There's a good clip on Youtube by Lee Mack on fragrance  advertising, he sums it up perfectly.  If I knew how to post the link I would but look it up yourselves  :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:38:29 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Davidoff Cool Water
The scent unfolds with aromatic notes of mint and lavender, blended with the sensuality of amber. A unique composition that delivers an immediate freshness.

Sounds more like a mixer to go with gin or vodka, would be easy to knock up

Offline Colston36

Looking to stock up on some new fragrances. Which do you recommend? Also list the ones that you’ve been complimented on during a punt.

The ones I already have;

Dior Sauvage
1 million
Armani code
Stronger with you - gets the most compliments!
Creed avantus - surprisingly never get compliments.
Dior, The One

I prefer pussy fragrances - with no apostrophe.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 02:37:10 am by Colston36 »

Offline IceColdSeas

Prefer Bvlgari 'Man in Black' as a daily, and Tom Ford Noire extreme as and when galavanting out and about.

Offline Mr Sinister

I just came across, What has your experience been with logevity of this one? I am thinking of getting a bottle.

Longevity is pretty good all day to the next I found, it's not as strong or recognisable as Le Labo Santal 33 which is a classic scent smelt everywhere.

Continental is another Crayon scent which is nice however really strong to the point a week later after spraying my jumper was still smelling of it

The "West End". Ooo la de dah!  :D

Just messing. I live in a big town but high street options are rapidly disappearing.

I may sometimes order a sample from Ebay but I can never be sure they're authentic.

You'd think there'd be an official place to order samples. Even own brand fragrances don't make it easy for you to buy a small vial as a sample.

Not all but some brands do sample sets for £20-30

Sounds more like a "real ale" your describing  :D

A real ale scent would be interesting not sure if there's ever been one think a nice hoppy scent would go down a treat, smelt scents of liquors like rum and whiskey.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 02:33:12 pm by Mr Sinister »

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
A real ale scent would be interesting not sure if there's ever been one think a nice hoppy scent would go down a treat, smelt scents of liquors like rum and whiskey.

Who needs a "scent"?
Just wipe your face armpits and bollocks with something like Robinsons "Old Tom"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 03:31:17 pm by scutty brown »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Who needs a "scent"?
Just wipe your face armpits and bollocks with something like Robinsons "Old Tom"
Or seeing as it's a punting site how about "Old Roger"  :drinks:

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Or seeing as it's a punting site how about "Old Roger"  :drinks:

Do Marstons still sell that? Not seen it in years

Offline Blackpool Rock

Do Marstons still sell that? Not seen it in years
I believe so however I don't think it's as strong as it used to be

Edit - Yes a quick Google indicates it used to be 10% but is not either 7.4 or 7.6, also looks like it must have been discontinued and reintroduced possibly at the same time as the drop in strength

Offline akauya

Never wear any. Just use shower gels / body wash / soap.

Leaves me smelling fresh and clean  :)

I sometimes get them for birthdays and Christmas. Use them once, then they just gather dust.

The bottles look very nice though  :)

That's me to a T.  :D

I have a small collection of "scents" in my bathroom cabinet some opened some not, gathering dust. I keep meaning to sell the unopened ones on eBay but never get round to.

Offline Xtro

I've got myself a new aftershave called Bread Crumbs!......  The birds love it!!   ;)




Offline PepeMAGA

I've got myself a new aftershave called Bread Crumbs!......  The birds love it!!   ;)
Was it cheep?

Offline Xtro