Looking to stock up on some new fragrances. Which do you recommend? Also list the ones that you’ve been complimented on during a punt.
The ones I already have;
Dior Sauvage
1 million
Armani code
Stronger with you - gets the most compliments!
Creed avantus - surprisingly never get compliments.
Dior, The One
This last year I've taken a deep dive into researching mens fragrances via Youtube. It's a bit overwhelming as reviewers talk about fragrances as if they were a fine vintage wine with it's bouquet and top notes.
Not all that long ago I could walk into my local Boots or Debenhams and try different fragrances to see what I liked. Debenhams has gone and my nearesr Boots (since Covid) removed all sample bottles so you have to ask a member of staff to try each and any fragrance which is a pain. Consequently I have started buying blindly, or at least, based on my research.
I had Dior Sauvage but wasn't crazy about it. It's alright. Projection seemed to be weak though and I think it is THE most popular seller so every man and his dog wears it.
Creed is too expensive for me and as I have no way of knowing how it smells I am not buying it blindly at those prices.
Stronger with You appears in many of the most popular fragrances and I might make that my next purchase.
I recently bough Chanel Bleu de Chanel which isn't bad. Atypical of many of the "blue" fragrances. I haven't really worn it much yet.
One fragrance that has really grown on me is Terre d'Hermes. I didn't like it at all when first applied but after a few minutes I love it.
Another one worth considering is Bulgari Aqua.