Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 228174 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Alan Lancaster, original bass guitar player with Status Quo. R.I.P
I remember when Rick Parfitt died the rumour was as they were lowering his coffin down into the ground that a Status Quo song was played "Down Down" deeper and down  :rolleyes: 

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Alan Lancaster, original bass guitar player with Status Quo. R.I.P

In 2021  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

In 2021  :unknown:

He died in Australia, news has only just reached me  :dash:
( it was the 5th aniversary of his death)

Offline bigden40

In 2021  :unknown:

Thank you.  When I saw the post I was sure he had died some time ago.

Worth revisiting Quo - End of the Road 84 though, with Lancaster and at their best.

External Link/Members Only

Offline ulstersubbie

The author Peter May has died aged 74. Best known for his Lewis series of crime novels.

Offline mr.bluesky

Thank you.  When I saw the post I was sure he had died some time ago.

Worth revisiting Quo - End of the Road 84 though, with Lancaster and at their best.

External Link/Members Only

Used to like a bit of Quo back in the day ( still wear the denim  :D) Francis Rossi is doing a uk tour playing past, present  Quo songs. He's appearing at the Warwick university Arts centre on Saturday 7th November  :hi:

Offline Bertiebeenthere


Offline RandomGuy99


Offline Spike1

BBC News - External Link/Members Only
Dame Esther Rantzen dies aged 86 - BBC News

After being diagnosed with stage four lung cancer in January 2023, Rantzen went on to become a prominent campaigner in support of assisted dying.

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
BBC News - External Link/Members Only
Dame Esther Rantzen dies aged 86 - BBC News

Must admit in her early days  I couldnt stand her but later she did some good work for some great causes

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,770
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
Must admit in her early days  I couldnt stand her but later she did some good work for some great causes

I feel the same, I just didn't warm to her, but I cannot take away from what she contributed to society during her lifetime.

She was a living legend, and still one now.

Offline Thephoenix

After being diagnosed with stage four lung cancer in January 2023, Rantzen went on to become a prominent campaigner in support of assisted dying.

Such a shame that she didn't live long enough to see the 'End of Life's bill passed, after being obstructed by a small group of peers, despite multiple major opinion polls showing that roughly two thirds to three quarters of the British public support the legalisation of assisted dying.
 

Offline mh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,000
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 53
Such a shame that she didn't live long enough to see the 'End of Life's bill passed, after being obstructed by a small group of peers, despite multiple major opinion polls showing that roughly two thirds to three quarters of the British public support the legalisation of assisted dying.

Yes a real shame she didn't live long enough to be able to choose to die early.  :sarcastic:

I am actually in agreement with you, I just couldn't resist.



Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
« Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 02:22:21 pm by scutty brown »

Offline Jerboa

I feel the same, I just didn't warm to her, but I cannot take away from what she contributed to society during her lifetime.

She was a living legend, and still one now.

She certainly did good in her life, however during covid she stated that the unvaccinated were selfish and should not receive medical treatment from hospital if they won’t take the experimental injection like everyone else. Then she banged on about her body autonomy over euthanasia, hypocrisy.

Offline Spike1

Author and former politician Jeffrey Archer dies aged 86

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:56:08 pm by Spike1 »

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Author and former politician Jeffrey Archer dies aged 86

...

wonder if any member will cease to post

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36

Offline Malvolio

He wrote prison diaries, so perhaps there will be punting diaries issued posthumously.

Offline fredhiggins

Ringo Starr famously remarked that a young Jeffrey Archer "is the kind of bloke who would bottle your piss and sell it" after Archer arranged for The Beatles to support a charity fundraiser in Oxford in 1963

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Ringo Starr famously remarked that a young Jeffrey Archer "is the kind of bloke who would bottle your piss and sell it" after Archer arranged for The Beatles to support a charity fundraiser in Oxford in 1963

Aint that the Simple Truth.

Offline advent2016

Loved his books, disliked the man.

His plots were so believable because you knew a lot of them were true especially the ones about his characters infidelity

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Loved his books, disliked the man.

His plots were so believable because you knew a lot of them were true especially the ones about his characters infidelity

Not least as he employed ghost writers.

My favourite reported indiscretion of his was when a journalist turned up at his riverside flat to do an interview and he got her confused with who else was supposed to be coming that morning, so said to her "In there, take your ckothes off, I'll be in shortly."  :D