Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 228178 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Really still in shock at the last 2 days, first Dolly who I was an absolute fan of, I met her once very briefly in the early 80s when she stayed in the posh London hotel I was chaimbermaid in, she stayed in my section of rooms and stopped to talk to me and thank me for doing my job as she left her room that morning,  so beautiful,  her smile lit up the place and she looked like a beautiful porcelain doll, RIP

And Tim Curry, what to say about him, omg the RHPS is without doubt my favourite movie and stage show, I'm into double figures for seeing the stage version from the early 80s to a few months ago.
Tim in stocking, basque and suspenders is still the sexiest image of a man I have seen 😍 I'm genuinely 💔 RIP
This is what i'm picking up from all the eulogies that she did seem to be a genuinely nice woman who despite all the fame and fortune had her feet firmly on the ground and treated other people with respect
Born as she described "Dirt poor" she dragged herself out of the gutter but then did charitable work including helping children to read and clearly never forgot her roots.


Offline Private Parts

Dolly's help and contributions to the covid vaccine development was an instant and invaluable exhibition of a wonderful lady's giving back.
RIP inspirational woman.  💔

Offline Blackpool Rock

Dolly's help and contributions to the covid vaccine development was an instant and invaluable exhibition of a wonderful lady's giving back.
RIP inspirational woman.  💔
Her involvement probably also got 1000's of people to actually get the vaccine who would otherwise have been persuaded by all the anti vax noise that was going on so she will have undoubtedly saved many lives too.

People like Meatloaf on the other hand were against the vaccine, ironic that covid killed him  :dash:

Offline mills_and_bhuna

"People think I'm a dumb blonde. Well, I ain't dumb, and I sure ain't blonde." Fabulous.
Audience member - "I LOVE YOU DOLLY"
Dolly - "I love you too honey. But I asked you to stay in the truck".

Interviewer - "how long does it take to do your hair? "
Dolly - "I don't know. I ain't there "

Offline Stevelondon

For someone who listens mainly to rock music I agree Islands in the stream is a great song.  :thumbsup:

Another song penned by the Bee Gees.

Online john122350

Peter Cullen, the voice actor of Optimus Prime in Transformers, has passed away at 85.

Offline mr.bluesky


Offline puntingking

BBC broadcaster Dame Jenni Murray died days after being involved in a car crash in which she was dazzled by headlights, an inquest was told.


External Link/Members Only

Offline puntingking

Japanese polka dot artist Yayoi Kusama dies aged 97

Japanese avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama, who became famous for her colourful polka dot-covered sculptures and installations, has died at the age of 97.

Offline alabama1

Japanese polka dot artist Yayoi Kusama dies aged 97

Japanese avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama, who became famous for her colourful polka dot-covered sculptures and installations, has died at the age of 97.
That's interesting 

Offline RandomGuy99

Good news. Ratko Mladic, the 'Butcher of Bosnia' has died.

BBC News - The monstrous crimes of Ratko Mladic, the 'Butcher of Bosnia'
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 08:54:05 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Good news

BBC News - The monstrous crimes of Ratko Mladic, the 'Butcher of Bosnia'
External Link/Members Only

we need a "burn in hell" thread

Offline Blackpool Rock

we need a "burn in hell" thread
Agreed, I almost started one recently when some paedo (think it was Ian Huntly) got sorted out.

Think most would agree on him but the problem is that others would be put on there who would / could split opinion and no doubt politicians would feature prominently bringing into conflict with the rules

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Agreed, I almost started one recently when some paedo (think it was Ian Huntly) got sorted out.

Think most would agree on him but the problem is that others would be put on there who would / could split opinion and no doubt politicians would feature prominently bringing into conflict with the rules

I did suggest a while ago that RIP = Rot in Hell for some individuals
but yes in just about every case someone will disagree IIRC some people even pointed out that Huntley wasnt sentenced to Excruciation

Ratko Mladic, the 'Butcher of Bosnia' is a hero in some parts. Hitler was elected and I suspect would have had a massive majority in 1940 even if elections were scrupulously fair

Offline myothernameis

Peter Cullen, possibly best known for the voice of Optimus Prime, in the transformer movies, has passed away at  85 years old

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Peter Cullen, possibly best known for the voice of Optimus Prime, in the transformer movies, has passed away at  85 years old

as noted earlier today  ON THIS VERY PAGE only 9 posts before yours
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 10:24:12 pm by timsussex »

Offline alabama1

Peter Cullen, possibly best known for the voice of Optimus Prime, in the transformer movies, has passed away at  85 years old
You need to set your alarm mate  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline RandomGuy99

I saw him in the original Rocky Horror stage show at a Kings Road theatre in the early 70’s. RIP
Born in Warrington. Died in LA. He did well

BBC News - Susan Sarandon leads tributes to Rocky Horror Picture Show co-star Tim Curry
External Link/Members Only


Offline Dickled

Richard O'Sullivan has died.
Man About the House is one of my all time favourite comedy series.
RIP.

Offline RandomGuy99

Richard O'Sullivan has died.
Man About the House is one of my all time favourite comedy series.
RIP.
At the age of 82 External Link/Members Only

Offline george r

Richard O'Sullivan has died.
Man About the House is one of my all time favourite comedy series.
RIP.

just seen this very sad , man about the house was one of my favourites too, still funny now

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
He'd been ill for quite some time. The press occasionally ran quite heartless stories about his decline compared to his heart throb years. RIP

Offline RandomGuy99

He'd been ill for quite some time. The press occasionally ran quite heartless stories about his decline compared to his heart throb years. RIP
He had a stroke in 2003 and had been living in a home for the last 23 years.

External Link/Members Only

Offline RandomGuy99

BBC News - Man About the House star Richard O'Sullivan dies aged 82
External Link/Members Only

Online Colston36

Born in Warrington. Died in LA. He did well

BBC News - Susan Sarandon leads tributes to Rocky Horror Picture Show co-star Tim Curry
External Link/Members Only

I remember seeing him in that show when I don't think either were expected to become minor legends

Offline Dickled

just seen this very sad , man about the house was one of my favourites too, still funny now
Indeed it is, and Sally Thomsett is my favourite sexy young actress from that era. Sadly, she doesn't look well nowadays.

Offline Stevelondon

Yep RIP Richard.
I shared a flat in the 70’s with three girls (one better)
Although similarly, I had about as much luck as Richard did 🤷🏼😂

Offline myothernameis

Don't know who Einar Méndez, but according to google, he is a celebrity personal trainer in Mexico.  He passed away suddenly with a heart attack, and aged 48 year old

Being a personal trainer, and assume he took care of him self, but to suffer a heart attack and die, just shows you, even if you live active life, your still at risk

Offline petermisc

Don't know who Einar Méndez, but according to google, he is a celebrity personal trainer in Mexico.  He passed away suddenly with a heart attack, and aged 48 year old

Being a personal trainer, and assume he took care of him self, but to suffer a heart attack and die, just shows you, even if you live active life, your still at risk
Leading an active life significantly decreases your risks of some conditions.  But it does not remove all risks, and may even increase the risk of some.  You can still have an underlying medical condition, for example.

Offline puntingking

Open All Hours and Coronation Street actress Stephanie Cole dies aged 84 :hi:

Offline puntingking


Offline petermisc

Open All Hours and Coronation Street actress Stephanie Cole dies aged 84 :hi:
I best remember her for Waiting for God and Cabin Pressure.

Offline RandomGuy99

I best remember her for Waiting for God and Cabin Pressure.
External Link/Members Only

She must have had a rough time recently with Alzheimer's.

Offline mr.bluesky

I best remember her for Waiting for God and Cabin Pressure.

Always remember her in " open all hours" with Ronnie Barker as one of his regular customers.

Offline RandomGuy99

BBC News - Presley Gerber, Cindy Crawford's son, dies aged 27
External Link/Members Only


Offline WARSZAWA16

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,802
  • Likes: 126
  •  
  • Reviews: 70

Offline george r

BBC News - Presley Gerber, Cindy Crawford's son, dies aged 27
External Link/Members Only

another young life wasted through drugs again

Offline george r


Offline mh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,000
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 53
I best remember her for Waiting for God and Cabin Pressure.

Cabin Pressure so, so good and she was a strong part of the cast. As were the whole cast of course!

Offline mr.bluesky

D-Day veteran Kenneth Hay aged 101.
R.I.P. Sir.
External Link/Members Only

Can't be many WW2 veterans left now.
I know there was one of the last surviving Dam busters 617 squadron airmen recently passed away.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2026, 03:38:52 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,073
  • Likes: 324
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
Can't be many WW2 veterans left now.
I know there was one of the last surviving Dam busters 617 squadron airmen recently passed away.

Google tells me that Royal British Legion estimate was circa 8000 in 2025. Aged between 98 and 110. Current AI estimate for now is suggested as 5000/6000 but will of course decline increasingly rapidly in the next few years.

Offline mr.bluesky

Google tells me that Royal British Legion estimate was circa 8000 in 2025. Aged between 98 and 110. Current AI estimate for now is suggested as 5000/6000 but will of course decline increasingly rapidly in the next few years.

Wow, as many as that  :thumbsup: I thought there would be less than a hundred if that many.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2026, 08:24:21 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline nwluvit

Wow, as many as that  :thumbsup: I thought there would be less than a hundred if that many.

They were/some still are a tough bunch!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Wow, as many as that  :thumbsup: I thought there would be less than a hundred if that many.
Checked earlier and there was obviously about 27 years between the end of the 1st and 2nd WW's

Harry Patch was 111 when he died and he was names the last "Tommy", he died in 2009 (Can't believe it was that long ago as I still remember watching it on the news with my parents) but that was 17 years ago so logically we still have another 10 years left for the remaining WW2 survivors to match old Harry

Bearing in mind just how many people were involved in the war and increased life expectancy then the numbers perhaps aren't that high  :unknown:

Offline myothernameis

Former Bay City Rollers guitarist Neil Henderson passed away at 73 yr old

No cause of death has been made known, but Neil had been ill for some time and was fighting to recover from a stroke a few years ago

He was with the bay city from 1970 - 72, when he left, and just before Rollermania broke out

Nel joined another successful band, Middle of the road, where they had a hit single called Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

Offline Stevelondon

Former Bay City Rollers guitarist Neil Henderson passed away at 73 yr old

No cause of death has been made known, but Neil had been ill for some time and was fighting to recover from a stroke a few years ago

He was with the bay city from 1970 - 72, when he left, and just before Rollermania broke out

Nel joined another successful band, Middle of the road, where they had a hit single called Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

I think when you say successful. You mean the management behind these kind of bands. 🤷🏼

Offline mr.bluesky

I think when you say successful. You mean the management behind these kind of bands. 🤷🏼

I will have to break out my half mast tarten trousers in honour of him
« Last Edit: September 25, 2026, 06:00:13 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Former Bay City Rollers guitarist Neil Henderson passed away at 73 yr old

No cause of death has been made known, but Neil had been ill for some time and was fighting to recover from a stroke a few years ago

He was with the bay city from 1970 - 72, when he left, and just before Rollermania broke out

Nel joined another successful band, Middle of the road, where they had a hit single called Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

'Tweedle Dee' often gets shown on the Now 70s channel  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

Alan Lancaster, original bass guitar player with Status Quo. R.I.P