Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 66909 times)

Offline threechilliman

I'm pretty sure they do check the viewing demographics. It's not only direct cremation, but mobility scooters, over 50s life insurance, rising chairs ( I think one of the programmes is sponsored by HSL chairs)
Don't forget the various animal shelters as well. Dogs, cats, donkey's and the rest.

Offline myothernameis

Don't forget the various animal shelters as well. Dogs, cats, donkey's and the rest.

And all the lottery adverts

Offline chrishornx

The pure cremation adverts. They seem to be on every commercial break at about 4:30 to
6 o clock. They must think that's the time all the old codgers who are about to croak watch tv

I hope that doesn't include you

Offline radioman33

The Sun Life over 50s Michael Parkinson,I think they target around half 4pm once your guard is down,then the starving children in Africa

Offline mr.bluesky


Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
The Sun Life over 50s Michael Parkinson,I think they target around half 4pm once your guard is down,then the starving children in Africa

Parky died in August 2023 - are you sure it's him?

Offline mr.bluesky

Parky died in August 2023 - are you sure it's him?

Perhaps they repeat old adverts on the yesterday channel  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

Parky died in August 2023 - are you sure it's him?
Think they dropped the Parky ones a few years before he croaked  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Think they dropped the Parky ones a few years before he croaked  :unknown:

I wonder if he had a Sun life policy  :D
If I remember correctly if you signed up you got a free pen. Woweee big deal  :sarcastic:

Offline radioman33

Parky died in August 2023 - are you sure it's him?

You’re right he’s dead now,it’s a good earner for the tv faces to do these adverts.

Offline george r

roman kemp doing broadband ads  :angry:  might have posted this before

Offline DouglasReynholm

You’re right he’s dead now,it’s a good earner for the tv faces to do these adverts.
They use Audrey Hepburn to flog Galaxy so why not bring back Parky using CGI/AI? Then he could ask all today's young actresses why they show their tits in films. Like he used to with Helen Mirren, although her's were actually worth showing.

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
They use Audrey Hepburn to flog Galaxy so why not bring back Parky using CGI/AI? Then he could ask all today's young actresses why they show their tits in films. Like he used to with Helen Mirren, although her's were actually worth showing.

This has huge potential and would be a piece of piss to make happen.  Like on Guitar Hero where they had a Kurt Cobain avatar playing 'Welcome to the Jungle' etc  you could have him asking perplexed serious actresses abiout their "equipment"  :D

Offline MissWolf

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 406
  • Likes: 318
  •  
The new KFC advert in the woods, wtaf is it me or was the person creating it on an acid trip

Seriously weird, that last one wasn't much better but this one is something else ffs

Offline myothernameis

The new KFC advert in the woods, wtaf is it me or was the person creating it on an acid trip

Seriously weird, that last one wasn't much better but this one is something else ffs


Seen on another site, someone quoted the advert as "soylent green"

Offline DouglasReynholm

This has huge potential and would be a piece of piss to make happen.  Like on Guitar Hero where they had a Kurt Cobain avatar playing 'Welcome to the Jungle' etc  you could have him asking perplexed serious actresses abiout their "equipment"  :D
It had a Kurt Cobain avatar playing 'Welcome to the Jungle'?!! Did it have a Slash avatar playing 'Come As You Are'?!

You wouldn't need AI for Parky, just a few buttons, to make him say what he normally said "tell us about your book" "you 'ad a terrible experience this year, can you talk about it?" "you don't mind nude scenes do yer?" "I've gorra two-for one deal at the Barnsley Moat 'Ouse, fancy a bunk-up?"

Offline myothernameis

The sunlife advert, and its the one with the guy doing some woodwork, made his own coffin

Offline Blackpool Rock

Virgin media, Walrus driving a fucking speedboat  :dash:

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,774
  • Likes: 384
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
Virgin media, Walrus driving a fucking speedboat  :dash:

WTF is that all about, bizarre 😳

Offline myothernameis

WTF is that all about, bizarre 😳

The other advert takes the goat  :sarcastic:

Online JontyR

WTF is that all about, bizarre 😳
Sounds like a trailer for a reboot of bullseye

Online ZeroCount

They use Audrey Hepburn to flog Galaxy so why not bring back Parky using CGI/AI?

Way too late, they already did (albeit only in voice form).

External Link/Members Only

Offline DouglasReynholm

Way too late, they already did (albeit only in voice form).

External Link/Members Only
Bloody hell, that's scary! I had no idea. I hope someone codes an AI Emu to take him down.

Offline mr.bluesky

Bloody hell, that's scary! I had no idea. I hope someone codes an AI Emu to take him down.

 :D :thumbsup:

Offline myothernameis

Bloody hell, that's scary! I had no idea. I hope someone codes an AI Emu to take him down.


Just wait for the Jimmy Saville AI, now thats scary  :sarcastic: :scare: :sarcastic:

Offline Corus Boy

Is your door in the bloody draw?

Offline nwluvit

Is your door in the bloody draw?

Oh bugger! I forgot to enter the Postcode Lottery. Is someone knockin at the door!!

I hate it too.
Was init to winit for 2 years. Won nowt!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Oh bugger! I forgot to enter the Postcode Lottery. Is someone knockin at the door!!

I hate it too.
Was init to winit for 2 years. Won nowt!
Needless to say it didn't ring your bell  :rolleyes:

Offline ProjectFun

Can't stand the Pepto Bismol one,especially the idiot saying diarrhea.Always comes on when I'm trying to eat my dinner  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

Can't stand the Pepto Bismol one,especially the idiot saying diarrhea.Always comes on when I'm trying to eat my dinner  :dash:

Yes it is a bismol advert .

Offline ProjectFun


Offline DouglasReynholm

Bloody hell, that's scary! I had no idea. I hope someone codes an AI Emu to take him down.
Or an AI Muhammad Ali to call him a stupid white app.

Offline Blackpool Rock

The latest M&S advert or more specifically the music track that goes with it, just looked online and apparently it's 1 thing by Amerie released in 2005, I do remember it from back then and didn't like it 20 years ago either.
OK so it's not my style of music but it's one of those tunes that gets inside my fucking head and won't go away, in parts it's what I think is just a wailing screech that goes right through me and now it's in my head again and I can't get rid of it no matter how much I keep hitting my head against the wall  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

The KFC advert with the people in the jungle with the giant egg and then the bloke gets picked up and " dipped" in the water. What the fucks that all about  :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

The KFC advert with the people in the jungle with the giant egg and then the bloke gets picked up and " dipped" in the water. What the fucks that all about  :unknown:
Presumably KFC are doing sides of battered garlic magic mushrooms  :D

Offline MissWolf

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 406
  • Likes: 318
  •  
The KFC advert with the people in the jungle with the giant egg and then the bloke gets picked up and " dipped" in the water. What the fucks that all about  :unknown:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=299964.msg4242176#msg4242176 I'm 2 weeks ahead of you on this one, it's like some weird cult sacrifice shit.
Whoever came up with this needs therapy ffs, it's put me right off KFC 🍗

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,802
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=299964.msg4242176#msg4242176 I'm 2 weeks ahead of you on this one, it's like some weird cult sacrifice shit.
Whoever came up with this needs therapy ffs, it's put me right off KFC 🍗

As I've said before........
KFC = Kompletely Fucked Chicken

Offline Ali Katt

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 10,971
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 28
The latest M&S advert or more specifically the music track that goes with it, just looked online and apparently it's 1 thing by Amerie released in 2005, I do remember it from back then and didn't like it 20 years ago either.
OK so it's not my style of music but it's one of those tunes that gets inside my fucking head and won't go away, in parts it's what I think is just a wailing screech that goes right through me and now it's in my head again and I can't get rid of it no matter how much I keep hitting my head against the wall  :dash:
Actually I do know the song, had no idea who it was by; I always presumed Jamelia.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Blackpool Rock

Actually I do know the song, had no idea who it was by; I always presumed Jamelia.

External Link/Members Only
I only knew who it was because I googled it but I thought it was Beyonce or possibly Jamelia

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Microsoft Co-Pilot, purely for 'Things That Make You Go Hmmm'.

Offline myothernameis

The new Lynx advert lower body spray, for your balls and arse crack

Online timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Not exactly hate but how much more has  Meg Ryan  aged than Billy Crystal in the Hellmans mayonnaise ad 36 years after When harry met sally

Offline Punterperson1971

The new Lynx advert lower body spray, for your balls and arse crack
The one with the lassie dog who who fights the ladies boyfriend is funny

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,774
  • Likes: 384
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
The gambling advert featuring Chris Rock  :angry:

Offline Corus Boy

The new Lynx advert lower body spray, for your balls and arse crack

+1

Also another brand for similar smelliest!

Offline DouglasReynholm

Not exactly hate but how much more has  Meg Ryan  aged than Billy Crystal in the Hellmans mayonnaise ad 36 years after When harry met sally
Why is that advert so short? It's 10 seconds long. Bet they got paid a million dollars for it anyway.

The gambling advert featuring Chris Rock  :angry:
Settle down Will. He'll take BetMGM's name out of his mouth soon enough.

Offline mr.bluesky

The O2 advert with the baby and Sean Bean doing the voice over ( he seems to do the voice over on every advert ) I don't hate this advert for its content mearly hate it because it seems to be shown every commercial break ,especially on Sky sports  :dash:

Offline myothernameis

The Simply Business advert, to the tune of simply the best, hate this one, and hate the tune even more

Offline PepeMAGA

The holiday extras and with a policeman in swimming trunks. Might just be on YouTube tbh