Author Topic: A Covid-19 vaccine at last!  (Read 382828 times)

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
I’m open to any facts for or against, not bothered about innuendo, and if anyone has any case law please post.

Trawling the Wiki page on it (re: Tim’s point),
Quote
[As of January 2022, more than 2.5 billion doses of the vaccine have been released to more than 170 countries worldwide. Some countries have limited its use to elderly people at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness due to concerns over the very rare side effects of the vaccine in younger individuals.

… A series of events including a deliberate undermining of the AstraZeneca vaccine for geopolitical purposes by both the EU and EU member states including miscommunication, reports of supply difficulties (responsibility of which were due to the EU mis-handling vaccine procurement) misleading reports of inefficacy and adverse effects as well as the high-profile European Commission–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine dispute, have been a public relations disaster for both Brussels and member states, and in the opinion of one academic has led to increased vaccine hesitancy.
(I’ve omitted the references but they’re in the Wiki page.)


I also remember at the time there were shenanigans with the EU. The Wiki also points out supply shortages, one of the main hold ups I remember was Belgium, that supplied one of the ingredients or something fucking us about and claiming priority was to go to the EU on account of need rather than Britain that was actually owed it through a legally binding pre-order, something like that.

Tons of stuff on the Wiki page, most of it too boring to go thru again. Any new details about doctors getting struck off, blackmailed or devious doings always welcome I guess.


External Link/Members Only–AstraZeneca_COVID-19_vaccine

What I find mind-bogglingly awesome is the actual development of the vaccines, almost comparable in some ways to putting a man on the moon. I hope the (many) scientists who achieved what was at first thought impossible in such a short time frame will be duly honoured through history.

Offline METEOR

In that case why would you get vaccinated ????

Pretty sure Joe Biden on TV said that you wouldn't get it if you got the vaccine, probably more said that as well

Offline myothernameis

This is the sad thing, many, many people did the right thing, took the vaccine but are now seriously affected plus had their side effects brushed off. I know of some people who cannot risk another booster because each time within a week they have been rushed to hospital with heart problems. There's judgment out there, and in my opinion the people suffering need recognition and support.

Nov 2021 got my 3rd booster, Dec 2021 came down with covid, and compared it to a really bad flu, aches and pains.  But trying to get answers from my doctor, with regards long covid symptoms, he couldn't give me a direct answer, as he didn't know

When I came down with covid, went on Facebook, and posted my symptoms, so 2 weeks after covid cleared up, on going chest problems, wheezing and cracking can be heard when sleeping, which lasted 3 months plus.  The number of replies from local persons, most of them had the same long lasting symptoms, and like me, now there general health, isn't that great

On holiday notice I couldn't walk as much before, getting tired, usually could walk 4 miles in the evening time, so just walked 1 mile, then back to hotel. Sept 2022, started getting problems with my heart, which still are not resolved.  My heart kept going into a tachycardia rhythm 150 bpm+, not able to function normally, so was given beta blockers.   Still getting problems which will be looked into, next month, so getting a angiogram to check the health of my heart

Now I recently asked the cardiologist, how much of my current problems have been down to covid, and maybe the vaccines, and like, my doctor couldn't give me an answer

Offline PepeMAGA

I’m open to any facts for or against, not bothered about innuendo, and if anyone has any case law please post.

Trawling the Wiki page on it (re: Tim’s point),(I’ve omitted the references but they’re in the Wiki page.)


I also remember at the time there were shenanigans with the EU. The Wiki also points out supply shortages, one of the main hold ups I remember was Belgium, that supplied one of the ingredients or something fucking us about and claiming priority was to go to the EU on account of need rather than Britain that was actually owed it through a legally binding pre-order, something like that.

Tons of stuff on the Wiki page, most of it too boring to go thru again. Any new details about doctors getting struck off, blackmailed or devious doings always welcome I guess.


External Link/Members Only–AstraZeneca_COVID-19_vaccine

What I find mind-bogglingly awesome is the actual development of the vaccines, almost comparable in some ways to putting a man on the moon. I hope the (many) scientists who achieved what was at first thought impossible in such a short time frame will be duly honoured through history.
Yes I remember that, they were going to snatch vaccine made for the uk and you had people like Macron shitting on it. Disgusting behaviour.

Same in America with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, you had democrats saying they wouldn't trust it... Then they get in power and suddenly it's safe.

The AZ vaccine probably should have been kept for older people, I think studies showed immunity lasted longer, had a better t cell response etc

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Nov 2021 got my 3rd booster, Dec 2021 came down with covid, and compared it to a really bad flu, aches and pains.  But trying to get answers from my doctor, with regards long covid symptoms, he couldn't give me a direct answer, as he didn't know

When I came down with covid, went on Facebook, and posted my symptoms, so 2 weeks after covid cleared up, on going chest problems, wheezing and cracking can be heard when sleeping, which lasted 3 months plus.  The number of replies from local persons, most of them had the same long lasting symptoms, and like me, now there general health, isn't that great

On holiday notice I couldn't walk as much before, getting tired, usually could walk 4 miles in the evening time, so just walked 1 mile, then back to hotel. Sept 2022, started getting problems with my heart, which still are not resolved.  My heart kept going into a tachycardia rhythm 150 bpm+, not able to function normally, so was given beta blockers.   Still getting problems which will be looked into, next month, so getting a angiogram to check the health of my heart

Now I recently asked the cardiologist, how much of my current problems have been down to covid, and maybe the vaccines, and like, my doctor couldn't give me an answer

Really sorry to hear that, sounds like you are going through a very tough time. I hope you see some improvement.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
@Marmalade, why don't you do your own research? We are not your employees who have to research and present facts to you. You could start by looking at the videos of John Campbell on YouTube External Link/Members Only

And are you implying there was a worldwide conspiracy against the AstraZeneca vaccine? Really? Why then were the UK one of the first to stop using it? It's funny how it was hailed as the Oxford vaccine until things started going wrong, then suddenly the Oxford name was dropped.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
@Marmalade, why don't you do your own research? We are not your employees who have to research and present facts to you. You could start by looking at the videos of John Campbell on YouTube External Link/Members Only

And are you implying there was a worldwide conspiracy against the AstraZeneca vaccine? Really? Why then were the UK one of the first to stop using it? It's funny how it was hailed as the Oxford vaccine until things started going wrong, then suddenly the Oxford name was dropped.

I’m not implying anything. Just interested in facts, data, and I think I’ve posted a fair share. I asked for legal transcripts on the off chance that anyone had them already but it turns out most of the cases have not been reported (ie the proceedings made available in written form). Doc Holliday is one of the few others that have posted data. You understand the word? Not opinions, not innuendos, whether true or not, but facts in the scientific sense or things that would be accepted in a court of law. I do plenty of research. If you don’t like my posts you don’t have to read them. It’s a very Mills & Bhuna type comment by you to say watch this video or read some long thing and then you’ll agree with me and are stupid if you don’t. Basically it means you can’t articulate it properly yourself. I don’t care.  I’m quite surprised as you usually post much better quality comments.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:00:12 pm by Marmalade »

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
@Marmalade, why don't you do your own research? We are not your employees who have to research and present facts to you. You could start by looking at the videos of John Campbell on YouTube External Link/Members Only

This thread contains numerous links to to John Campbell including many posted by myself. Unfortunately he inevitably became somewhat obsessed with his meteoric rise to internet fame and as the pandemic declined and he needed to keep his audience, he lost the plot and went down the Conspiracy rabbit hole. Great shame.

External Link/Members Only)

EDIT you don't appear to have answered my question?

Can you tell me the total number of UK Doctors who had their registration suspended in relation to this?

On that note to my knowledge John Campbell hasn't been suspended by his professional body?

Here is one to start you off

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:32:23 pm by Doc Holliday »

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Can you tell me the total number of UK Doctors who had their registration suspended in relation to this?
Finding the number isn't something I am able to easily find. Here are some examples:

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
This thread contains numerous links to to John Campbell including many posted by myself. Unfortunately he inevitably became somewhat obsessed with his meteoric rise to internet fame and as the pandemic declined and he needed to keep his audience, he lost the plot and went down the Conspiracy rabbit hole. Great shame.

External Link/Members Only)


In your opinion what has he said in recent times that is not accurate?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
Finding the number isn't something I am able to easily find. Here are some examples:

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

Thanks for reply. One of those is the one I linked to. One is also Southern Ireland. I think other than those we have both covered there may be one other UK one but the total number is very small perhaps four or five in total.

The reality is a great many health professionals questioned what was happening.

Do you remember this guy? External Link/Members Only

He was mentioned somewhere in this thread at the time and I recall posting he was absolutely spot on with what he said. Very embarrassing for the then Health Sec.  The Govt got this wrong and backed down, but only after they had made it mandatory for care workers adding to the manpower shortage.

That consultant is still working. So is John Campbell (see below)

I am calling into question you statement that Doctors who raised alternative opinions were struck off as a result. Can you not see that the tiny number of those who were suspended fall into the 'total crank and conspiracy' element? I think there were a couple of Nursing staff who were equally bonkers and were suspended from the register but once again a very small number.

Of course if you also believe that the vaccines contained Bill Gates microchips linked to 5G then I can see why you may not agree? ;) :D



Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
In your opinion what has he said in recent times that is not accurate?

Much of that is covered in the Wiki link. I stopped watching his videos when he mistakenly stated that only around 17,000 people had died of Covid in the UK, based on misinterpretation of ONS data from death certificates. That was one of the turning points at which he became a hero of the covid deniers and he gained a whole different audience and it was a slippery slope from then.

Once again I covered it somewhere in this thread  :hi:

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Thanks for reply. One of those is the one I linked to. One is also Southern Ireland. I think other than those we have both covered there may be one other UK one but the total number is very small perhaps four or five in total.

The reality is a great many health professionals questioned what was happening.

Do you remember this guy? External Link/Members Only

He was mentioned somewhere in this thread at the time and I recall posting he was absolutely spot on with what he said. Very embarrassing for the then Health Sec.  The Govt got this wrong and backed down, but only after they had made it mandatory for care workers adding to the manpower shortage.

That consultant is still working. So is John Campbell (see below)

I am calling into question you statement that Doctors who raised alternative opinions were struck off as a result. Can you not see that the tiny number of those who were suspended fall into the 'total crank and conspiracy' element? I think there were a couple of Nursing staff who were equally bonkers and were suspended from the register but once again a very small number.

Of course if you also believe that the vaccines contained Bill Gates microchips linked to 5G then I can see why you may not agree? ;) :D



Hidden Image/Members Only

So based on one mistake by John Campbell (I assumed he corrected the record, did he?) you are prepared to ignore everything else he has to say? Surely not. There must be more to it, what else has he said that is not accurate?

As I said the details of who was supended/struck-off and the numbers is not easy to come by. But even one medical professional being struck off would cause a ripple of fear to spread through the profession and dissuade anyone else from expressing doubt. Do you want to live in a world where doctors have to follow the line of the WHO and Government and anyone who raises questions is cancelled? It is not a very healthy place to be, pun intended.

By the way, I see your tactic of attempting to link a crackpot theory (the 5G one) to genuine concerns in an attempt to discredit them.

If you are firmly in the camp of "Covid was extremely dangerous, lockdowns were entirely justified, the vaccine was 100% safe, effective and necessary", and your mind is closed to any other opinions, then I am afraid we will never see eye to eye and there is little point in conversing any further. You will not change my mind and I will not change yours.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:52:07 pm by PumpDump »
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5

If you are firmly in the camp of "Covid was extremely dangerous, lockdowns were entirely justified, the vaccine was 100% safe, effective and necessary", and your mind is closed to any other opinions, then I am afraid we will never see eye to eye and there is little point in conversing any further. You will not change my mind and I will not change yours.

Where have you got the perception that I am in that camp? Not at all.

Seriously you think this is about attempting to change peoples minds? Rather like the Ukraine thread and many others on UKP, there are 161 pages of this thread with people attempting to do that and it is a total waste of time.

It is supposed to be a discussion providing alternative views and balance. You stated that Doctors were being struck off for questioning Covid. I wanted to clarify and quantify the reality.

Many thousands of Healthcare professionals have raised concerns about many aspects of Covid, but the only ones who have been sanctioned are a tiny number of what are IMO 'extremists'.

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Where have you got the perception that I am in that camp? Not at all.

Seriously you think this is about attempting to change peoples minds? Rather like the Ukraine thread and many others on UKP, there are 161 pages of this thread with people attempting to do that and it is a total waste of time.

It is supposed to be a discussion providing alternative views and balance. You stated that Doctors were being struck off for questioning Covid. I wanted to clarify and quantify the reality.

Many thousands of Healthcare professionals have raised concerns about many aspects of Covid, but the only ones who have been sanctioned are a tiny number of what are IMO 'extremists'.

I got the perception because you have dismissed everything John Campbell said based on one mistake. Is that it? Or are there other things he said that are untrue?

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind. I agree with you that people don't change their minds very easily and I have better things to do.

You know as well as I do that people speaking out against the official story were cancelled and shut down. People on social media were kicked off. Even stating you didn't believe that the virus originated in a wet market in China got you kicked off social media. If you questioned the effectivity of masks you were cancelled. Today at the Covid Enquiry Jenny Harris (from Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation) admitted there was no evidence masks were effective. Do you think that pressure didn't extend to doctors? Do you know any doctors? Ask them. The ones who were cynical were also scared of losing their careers so kept their mouths shut. I don't know why you are disputing these things.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
I don't know why you are disputing these things.

Other than your statement about Doctors being struck off and my view that John Campbell lost his way, I wasn't aware I had engaged in disputing anything else with you? I have just reread my posts to check.

I'm done  :hi:

Offline willie loman

A lot of people have conveniently forgotten the positions they held as we went into lockdown, an episode of mass hysteria, a view i held from day one.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Personally, I don't take a single doctor's blog, or in the case of John Campbell, nurse educator or whatever, or even one medical paper as biblical. I remember seeing Campbell's blog at the time. I saw him very much as a sort of DM trigger: some of his ideas were worth looking into, that's all. I subscribed to CDC and numerous medical journals for updates. Something is not 'true' because a voice of authority says so, but because it's backed up by data. The size and quality of a study being one indicator, or lab tests being another (I remember wading through those to find how long the virus would last on different surfaces, and going through lots of manufacturer and lab information on the different qualities of masks).

Sometimes there's not enough evidence anywhere, so we look at expert opinion. I don't know why people get so upset about such things, or get so attached to an opinion before it's known how well-substantiated that opinion is. Some supposed facts can be tested or refuted by common logic. At other times one just did one's best to survive the pandemic and, where possible, care about one's loved ones.

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
A lot of people have conveniently forgotten the positions they held as we went into lockdown, an episode of mass hysteria, a view i held from day one.

Is that aimed at me Willie?  ;) :D

Offline willie loman

Is that aimed at me Willie?  ;) :D

If the cap fits,,just joking, not going to argue with big brains on the forum.

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
If the cap fits,,just joking, not going to argue with big brains on the forum.

 :D I guess we both survived to tell the tale!

Online cunningman

Sometimes there's not enough evidence anywhere, so we look at expert opinion.

Surely this is the crux of the issue?  What would we want to happen next time?  Opinions are cheap, and not fact.

There is a lot of 'I told you so' around lockdowns and the side effects of vaccines that in normal circumstances would have been experimental.

I feel that's all missing the point - there was no dataset to do the normal analysis on.  There would not be one for a long time and even then there would be only one - not a selection from different courses of action.  The 'scientific process' is slow, and reactive, and combative, and retrospective.

Decision making in the face of worstening data is not easy - but it has to be done and has to favour caution or catastrophe could result.  Hindsight is a luxury that is only possible for survivors.  Its just risk management.

I thought the most telling thing so far from the public inquiry was BJ saying 'Lockdown ... was the only lever I had'.  I'm glad we are arguing with hindsight that he did pull it, and squabbling over whether he pulled it at the right time.  Because if he (and others) hadn't, and the virus had mutated differently, we might not be having the debate.

I also remember Prof Gupta on UnHerd External Link/Members Only and for me it did illustrate how the whole notion of 'the science' is simplistic at best - there was disagreement.  Also how it is possible to have models that show different things - and that they are not predictors - but a basis for decision making with slightly more information than no models.

It will be interesting to see how public opinion goes after the inquiry ends - it wil almost certainly shape a future government's handling of a future pandemic (or even local epidemic, or emerging issue).  I fear a reaction that is overly cautious and waits for the full 'scientific process' will be a coin toss between 'thank god' and unthinkable harm.

I honestly don't know how the inquiry can possibly come up with something that is particlarly concrete in terms of protecting us and our descendents - its not clear at all how to structure an algorithm or process.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 08:01:17 pm by cunningman »

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac


Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
What is the point of that link.

Gives you a flavour of the complete hysteria at the time. Media presenter one after another falsely stating the vaccine prevents transmission, prevents you getting Covid, prevents you getting ill. I'd forgotten how hard they pushed it, how they ostracised the unvaccinated and looking back they were talking a whole load of bollocks.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
Gives you a flavour of the complete hysteria at the time. Media presenter one after another falsely stating the vaccine prevents transmission, prevents you getting Covid, prevents you getting ill. I'd forgotten how hard they pushed it, how they ostracised the unvaccinated and looking back they were talking a whole load of bollocks.

You are talking as if the vaccine does nothing - you do know it helps with all those?  There is a question around how much and obviously at the start there was limited data.  I think there was also some inherent optimism amongst many in the media and public because we all so badly wanted to get out from under Covid, which the vaccine achieved.

Offline PepeMAGA

You are talking as if the vaccine does nothing - you do know it helps with all those?  There is a question around how much and obviously at the start there was limited data.  I think there was also some inherent optimism amongst many in the media and public because we all so badly wanted to get out from under Covid, which the vaccine achieved.
Yes I think people see things about the pandemic differently in hindsight post vaccine, post weaker variants.
That's not to say things would have been done differently, but need to check our own reality sometimes.
Personally I wanted it over with because it was a disaster in a bunch of ways and I had the vaccine asap.
Didn't mean things couldn't have been better with the messaging around it

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
You are talking as if the vaccine does nothing - you do know it helps with all those?  There is a question around how much and obviously at the start there was limited data.  I think there was also some inherent optimism amongst many in the media and public because we all so badly wanted to get out from under Covid, which the vaccine achieved.

I am sceptical it helps with any of those. Most of the people I know who had the vaccine got Covid, especially since having the booster(s).

If you watch that video I linked to you will see Bill Gates, Fauci and others say the vaccine will stop you getting Covid and from transmitting it.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
I am sceptical it helps with any of those. Most of the people I know who had the vaccine got Covid, especially since having the booster(s).

If you watch that video I linked to you will see Bill Gates, Fauci and others say the vaccine will stop you getting Covid and from transmitting it.

You are just showing your lack of understanding with the first statement.

Offline Strawberry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 1,836
  • Likes: 137
  •  
Campbell was very interesting not too long ago, published a video about human trafficking and slavery. During the presentation he really put across a specific opinion about sex workers and punters. His message was 'do not harm women and girls'. Soon after he released an episode of an interview and discussion with Russell Brand. Not a word when the allegations about Brand were made a few weeks later.

Some of Campbell's statements about particular statistics were recently pulled apart by R4.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 08:38:53 am by Strawberry »

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
You are just showing your lack of understanding with the first statement.

And my second statement? What was that, their lack of understanding of the vaccine?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Campbell was very interesting not too long ago, published a video about human trafficking and slavery. During the presentation he really put across a specific opinion about sex workers and punters. His message was 'do not harm women and girls'. Soon after he released an episode of an interview and discussion with Russell Brand. Not a word when the allegations about Brand were made a few weeks later.

Some of Campbell's statements about particular statistics were recently pulled apart by R4.

What is R4? Do you mean Radio 4? How do you know they were pulled apart accurately? Who pulled them apart? Which statements by Campbell?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Strawberry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 1,836
  • Likes: 137
  •  
What is R4? Do you mean Radio 4? How do you know they were pulled apart accurately? Who pulled them apart? Which statements by Campbell?

I will try to find them I am quite busy today.

He basically made a comment something to do with the number of deaths in those receiving boosters BUT (and this is what I thought when I heard them on his channel), the boosters were being given to people in 'vulnerable' categories therefore more likely to die of other illnesses or just age anyway.

Yes BBC R4 a programme on in the morning or around lunchtime. It was a good pull apart in my opinion because I had already spotted the holes in Campbell's analysis.

Quick Google here is the programme More or Less;

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 09:38:41 am by Strawberry »

Offline cunnyhunt

Gives you a flavour of the complete hysteria at the time. Media presenter one after another falsely stating the vaccine prevents transmission, prevents you getting Covid, prevents you getting ill. I'd forgotten how hard they pushed it, how they ostracised the unvaccinated and looking back they were talking a whole load of bollocks.
But what you linked to was the USA news feeds.  If you might care to remember they Had a president who stated that drinking bleach would stop you getting covid.
I’m not from the UK but I’d never compare what it was like here to the US.

Offline cunnyhunt

I am sceptical it helps with any of those. Most of the people I know who had the vaccine got Covid, especially since having the booster(s).

If you watch that video I linked to you will see Bill Gates, Fauci and others say the vaccine will stop you getting Covid and from transmitting it.
Your first point illustrates your lack of understanding of the vaccine, it didn’t stop you getting it but lessened the severity.
As for your second point. What vaccine is Bill Gates talking about, considering his push for vaccines in the third world it’s easy to find clips like that to patch into a narrative you want to push.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 09:52:25 am by cunnyhunt »

Offline dubs


Has anyone who has had covid (and maybe suffering long covid) noticed a difference in their refactory period? I used to be easily able to get two pops in an hour meeting but now I find it hard to even get a semi after I've cum once.  Maybe its related to losing fitness during lockdown and then not getting back into an active lifestyle?

I guess the demographic on this forum is uniquely positioned to study this issue, as very few guys in "ciffy" life will be trying to cum twice in an hour and notice the problem

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Your first point illustrates your lack of understanding of the vaccine, it didn’t stop you getting it but lessened the severity.

That's not what we were told. We were told they prevent transmission, you won't get Covid if you have the vaccine. Here is Fauci stating it, in fact he couldn't be much clearer External Link/Members Only. Here is the CEO of Pfizer saying it is 100% effect in preventing Covid External Link/Members Only. Biden himself said “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”



As for your second point. What vaccine is Bill Gates talking about, considering his push for vaccines in the third world it’s easy to find clips like that to patch into a narrative you want to push.
So many clips of many people in the same video saying the same thing. U think they are talking about something else and not Covid?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Has anyone who has had covid (and maybe suffering long covid) noticed a difference in their refactory period? I used to be easily able to get two pops in an hour meeting but now I find it hard to even get a semi after I've cum once.  Maybe its related to losing fitness during lockdown and then not getting back into an active lifestyle?

I guess the demographic on this forum is uniquely positioned to study this issue, as very few guys in "ciffy" life will be trying to cum twice in an hour and notice the problem

Are you vaccinated? Boosted?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
But what you linked to was the USA news feeds.  If you might care to remember they Had a president who stated that drinking bleach would stop you getting covid.
I’m not from the UK but I’d never compare what it was like here to the US.

Haha, he didn't say that, and the fact you parrot it shows you are completely disingenuous and not someone to be taken seriously.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline cunnyhunt

Haha, he didn't say that, and the fact you parrot it shows you are completely disingenuous and not someone to be taken seriously.
My mistake, I was trying to remember Trumps quote without bothering to look it up.

You keep quoting US links of no relevance to the UK, I could quote Finnish which gave different advice but they would have no relevance to this thread, much like yours.

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
My mistake, I was trying to remember Trumps quote without bothering to look it up.

You keep quoting US links of no relevance to the UK, I could quote Finnish which gave different advice but they would have no relevance to this thread, much like yours.

Here is Boris Johnson saying it reduced transmission by 67% External Link/Members Only and External Link/Members Only

EDIT: Here is Matt Handycock saying "We already know vaccines save lives and this study is the most comprehensive real-world data showing they also cut transmission of this deadly virus," : External Link/Members Only

And a Government press release saying the same thing: External Link/Members Only

So what is your point? Are you saying the vaccine never reduced transmission? Are you saying we were never told the vaccine reduced transmission?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 12:35:53 pm by PumpDump »
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Haha, he didn't say that, and the fact you parrot it shows you are completely disingenuous and not someone to be taken seriously.

he suggested injecting disinfectant or at least investigating it or using UV light "getting it into the body in some way"

External Link/Members Only

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
he suggested injecting disinfectant or at least investigating it or using UV light "getting it into the body in some way"

External Link/Members Only

Yes he asked the medical guy at the press conference if there was some way they could use (not inject) disinfectant or UV light to kill the virus. To say he told people to drink bleach is, at best, being disingenuous.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Yes he asked the medical guy at the press conference if there was some way they could use (not inject) disinfectant or UV light to kill the virus. To say he told people to drink bleach is, at best, being disingenuous.

which is such a stupid idea - disinfectants work by killing cells - and of course we know that some Trump supporters take everything he says as Gospel
such that a lot of US sites had to discourage it
External Link/Members Only
although I don't know of any deaths

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
Yes he asked the medical guy at the press conference if there was some way they could use (not inject) disinfectant or UV light to kill the virus.

Did you watch the short clip? He actually uses the term injection?

If I agree with you that we were given misinformation about some aspects of the vaccine including that it did not stop transmission, will you just let this die down again and move on to perhaps discussing the future, rather than repeat the confrontations that were done to death over and over again since 2020?

Offline PepeMAGA

But what you linked to was the USA news feeds.  If you might care to remember they Had a president who stated that drinking bleach would stop you getting covid.
I’m not from the UK but I’d never compare what it was like here to the US.
He didn't say that, Biden said that he said that, which is untrue

Offline mh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,000
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 53
...the USA news feeds.  If you might care to remember they Had a president who stated that drinking bleach would stop you getting covid.

How dare you misrepresent such a giant of politics, medicine and a devout Christian leader? He suggested injecting the bleach.

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Did you watch the short clip? He actually uses the term injection?

Ok, you are right, he asks the medical guy is there some way we can get it in to the body, by injection or other means. It was a question, granted a stupid one, but not an instruction to the nation to drink bleach! He would have been better to keep his mouth shut and ask the question in private. Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and look like you don't know what you're talking about rather than open your mouth and confirm it.  :D  But the point is to say he advocated drinking bleach is a gross misrepresentation of what he actually said and something used to try to discredit him by his opponents.

Quote from: Doc Holliday
If I agree with you that we were given misinformation about some aspects of the vaccine including that it did not stop transmission, will you just let this die down again and move on to perhaps discussing the future, rather than repeat the confrontations that were done to death over and over again since 2020?
Actually my replies were direct to cunnyhunt, not you. But happy to discuss the future. Perhaps we can start with what is causing the increased death rate of between 10 - 20% in western countries and why it is not even being acknowledged, nevermind investigated.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and look like you don't know what you're talking about rather than open your mouth and confirm it. 

I suspect there are a few readers of this thread who like me are having a quite smile at you putting that particular sentence in a post. 

Offline kuck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,160
  • Likes: 46
  •  
  • Reviews: 38
I suspect there are a few readers of this thread who like me are having a quite smile at you putting that particular sentence in a post.

I am smiling, but also a bit annoyed that diapermectin hasn't been mentioned yet.