Author Topic: A Covid-19 vaccine at last!  (Read 383055 times)

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I am not a troll, it is my conclusion based on my own research. And there is no need for name calling, you can counter what I say, but let's keep it civil.
I've told you if you keep posting bullshit I'll keep commenting on it.

Two questions for you.

1) Have you got any medical training?

2) Do you have any of the respiratory conditions like COPD that would cause the NHS to encourage you to get booster vaccines.

I am speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has has such conditions since long before Covid, whereas you have done some 'research' until you have found some information that fits your agenda and selectively posted that.

Your claim that Covid is no longer an issue has been unequivocally proved to be incorrect, now you are claiming that the vaccine that the NHS and my doctor encourage me to have will make my condition worse, do you thing they are trying to kill me.  :unknown:  BTW I have refused all booster vaccines as well as the flu vaccine.

As it happens I've had Covid twice, the first time I felt a little unwell for one day, the second time it had no effect at all, having said that, just because I had no serious effects does not mean others wouldn't, Covid can be and is a very serious, sometimes fatal condition in some people, which is why, unlike you, I wouldn't dream of dismissing it.

What bullshit are you going to come up with next.   :unknown:

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
I've told you if you keep posting bullshit I'll keep commenting on it.

Two questions for you.

1) Have you got any medical training?

2) Do you have any of the respiratory conditions like COPD that would cause the NHS to encourage you to get booster vaccines.

I am speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has has such conditions since long before Covid, whereas you have done some 'research' until you have found some information that fits your agenda and selectively posted that.

Your claim that Covid is no longer an issue has been unequivocally proved to be incorrect, now you are claiming that the vaccine that the NHS and my doctor encourage me to have will make my condition worse, do you thing they are trying to kill me.  :unknown:  BTW I have refused all booster vaccines as well as the flu vaccine.

As it happens I've had Covid twice, the first time I felt a little unwell for one day, the second time it had no effect at all, having said that, just because I had no serious effects does not mean others wouldn't, Covid can be and is a very serious, sometimes fatal condition in some people, which is why, unlike you, I wouldn't dream of dismissing it.

What bullshit are you going to come up with next.   :unknown:
You can keep posting in response to me, I have no problem with that, but please don't call me an idiot. Incidentally is name-calling against the rules of this website?

I said Covid is no longer an issue, ok, I take that back. What I should have said is Covid is no more of an risk than traditional flu which we have lived with forever.

Why did you refuse the boosters?

1) No
2) No

As for taking advice from the NHS, I am sceptical of taking any Covid related advice from the same organisation who advocated the vaccine for healthy young children where the risks of adverse reactions outweighed the perceived benefits of the vaccine.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
You can keep posting in response to me, I have no problem with that, but please don't call me an idiot. Incidentally is name-calling against the rules of this website?

I said Covid is no longer an issue, ok, I take that back. What I should have said is Covid is no more of an risk than traditional flu which we have lived with forever.

Why did you refuse the boosters?

1) No
2) No

As for taking advice from the NHS, I am sceptical of taking any Covid related advice from the same organisation who advocated the vaccine for healthy young children where the risks of adverse reactions outweighed the perceived benefits of the vaccine.
I refused the boosters for the same reason I refuse the flu jab every year, I don't need it, I do however take the medication prescribed for all of the health conditions I have.

You will have to forgive me if I take the word of the medical professionals who actually saved my life and continue to monitor the various issues I have over some idiot on a punting forum who has proved time and again that he has no clue what he is talking about and posts any old bullshit as fact but just can't accept it.

Check the rules regarding abuse of members or if you think I'm out of order by calling you an idiot hit the report button on the right. Being a mod does not give me immunity to the rules.

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
I refused the boosters for the same reason I refuse the flu jab every year, I don't need it, I do however take the medication prescribed for all of the health conditions I have.

You will have to forgive me if I take the word of the medical professionals who actually saved my life and continue to monitor the various issues I have over some idiot on a punting forum who has proved time and again that he has no clue what he is talking about and posts any old bullshit as fact but just can't accept it.

Check the rules regarding abuse of members or if you think I'm out of order by calling you an idiot hit the report button on the right. Being a mod does not give me immunity to the rules.

I'm not going to report you, I am not a child. I am just asking you to show a little respect and not call me an idiot. I very much doubt you call people idiot to their face in real life, be they acquaintances, work colleagues, friends. Just because you are faceless and I am faceless it doesn't mean you can be rude and insulting.

A question for you, do you think the NHS were right to recommend all healthy children get the Covid vaccine?

Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
I'm not going to report you, I am not a child. I am just asking you to show a little respect and not call me an idiot. I very much doubt you call people idiot to their face in real life, be they acquaintances, work colleagues, friends. Just because you are faceless and I am faceless it doesn't mean you can be rude and insulting.

A question for you, do you think the NHS were right to recommend all healthy children get the Covid vaccine?

Based on your posts I think idiot is a statement of fact rather than name calling.

I had a lot of sympathy with people in the early days who were worried about the vaccine given the speed of development. I did quite a lot of digging myself to understand the testing etc and decided I was OK with it.

I have nothing but contempt for those who are simply gaining influence or money by spreading lies and conspiracy about the vaccine. They literally have blood on their hands.

We now have a huge amount of evidence and the advice and guidance has been refined and improved. We know it is relatively safe (nothing is 100%) and the benefits far outweigh the risks.  I hoped the debate was over but there are some fools out there who still believe the lies and conspiracy.

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I'm not going to report you, I am not a child. I am just asking you to show a little respect and not call me an idiot. I very much doubt you call people idiot to their face in real life, be they acquaintances, work colleagues, friends. Just because you are faceless and I am faceless it doesn't mean you can be rude and insulting.

A question for you, do you think the NHS were right to recommend all healthy children get the Covid vaccine?
I don't say anything online I wouldn't say to someone's face and if I think what they repeatedly say despite being proved wrong makes them look like an idiot I will say so.

With regard to your question about children I have no personal experience of it, my children are more than old enough to make up their own minds, nor have I had the need to look into it so therefore, as I won't comment on something I know nothing about, I can't answer that.

What I do know from my own personal experience is that I was asked by a doctor to do a Covid test to rule it out, I was sent an email with instruction of what to do if I test positive for Covid and I was sent a new test pack with a link to order more.

I also know from my own personal experience that, because I have a respiratory condition, every so often I get a txt and email reminder from the NHS who have my medical history that the Covid booster is available to me, as a result I find it extremely hard to believe that having the vaccine would cause any weakness in my immune system or make me more susceptible to more respiratory illnesses.

If you actually believe that the vaccine weakens the immune system makes people more susceptible to respiratory illnesses you must also believe that the NHS are trying to kill me, after all I already have a respiratory illness and they are trying to get me to have the vaccine, which according to you will be made worse.

You can't have it both ways, either the vaccine weakens the immune system and they are trying to kill me or the vaccine is safe and they are concerned about my health.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 04:45:26 pm by daviemac »

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Based on your posts I think idiot is a statement of fact rather than name calling.

I had a lot of sympathy with people in the early days who were worried about the vaccine given the speed of development. I did quite a lot of digging myself to understand the testing etc and decided I was OK with it.

I have nothing but contempt for those who are simply gaining influence or money by spreading lies and conspiracy about the vaccine. They literally have blood on their hands.

We now have a huge amount of evidence and the advice and guidance has been refined and improved. We know it is relatively safe (nothing is 100%) and the benefits far outweigh the risks.  I hoped the debate was over but there are some fools out there who still believe the lies and conspiracy.

These are the three points I made in my posts. Which do you agree with and which do you disagree?

1. The Covid vaccine does not prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
2. There is no reliable scientific evidence that masks prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
3. One of the side-effects of the Covid vaccine is auto-immune disorders, an overactive immune system, the body attacking itself. Do you disagree with this?

Which one of these makes me an idiot?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
I don't say anything online I wouldn't say to someone's face and if I think what they repeatedly say despite being proved wrong makes them look like an idiot I will say so.
I find that hard to believe. Who is the last person you called an idiot to their face and why? Did you deliver the comment with the same tone you did to me "You really are an idiot aren't you, either that or you're just a troll"

Quote from: daviemac

With regard to your question about children I have no personal experience of it, my children are more than old enough to make up their own minds, nor have I had the need to look into it so therefore, as I won't comment on something I know nothing about, I can't answer that.

What I do know from my own personal experience is that I was asked by a doctor to do a Covid test to rule it out, I was sent an email with instruction of what to do if I test positive for Covid and I was sent a new test pack with a link to order more.

I also know from my own personal experience that, because I have a respiratory condition, every so often I get a txt and email reminder from the NHS who have my medical history that the Covid booster is available to me, as a result I find it extremely hard to believe that having the vaccine would cause any weakness in my immune system or make me more susceptible to more respiratory illnesses.

If you actually believe that the vaccine weakens the immune system makes people more susceptible to respiratory illnesses you must also believe that the NHS are trying to kill me, after all I already have a respiratory illness and they are trying to get me to have the vaccine, which according to you will be made worse.

You can't have it both ways, either the vaccine weakens the immune system and they are trying to kill me or the vaccine is safe and they are concerned about my health.

You are deliberately attempting to trivialise this by suggesting I believe they are trying to kill you, which I don't. There is a very real risk from the vaccine. You can read the yellow card reports and see the number of people who have had immune system problems. Here is the link: External Link/Members Only. Click on "Reaction Profile"

Maybe in your case, with your health issues, the risk to reward makes sense to take the vaccine, but for the section of the population with no health issues there was no need to impose this vaccine on them, nor to restrict their liberties if they didn't want to take it.

In your personal case, do you consider the risk from Covid equal to the risk from traditional flu? Does your doctor?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 05:11:24 pm by PumpDump »
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline contentguy

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,454
  • Likes: 35
  •  
  • Reviews: 41
These are the three points I made in my posts......


I'm not trawling all of your points but you also said this today:

Another name for long covid is vaccine injury.

Which I pointed out in post #7897 is total bollocks.

Out of interest, where are you getting your info from, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or TikTok?


Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
I'm not trawling all of your points but you also said this today:

Which I pointed out in post #7897 is total bollocks.

Out of interest, where are you getting your info from, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or TikTok?

Are you're not going to answer?
Quote from: PumpDump
These are the three points I made in my posts. Which do you agree with and which do you disagree?

1. The Covid vaccine does not prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
2. There is no reliable scientific evidence that masks prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
3. One of the side-effects of the Covid vaccine is auto-immune disorders, an overactive immune system, the body attacking itself. Do you disagree with this?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I find that hard to believe. Who is the last person you called an idiot to their face and why? Did you deliver the comment with the same tone you did to me "You really are an idiot aren't you, either that or you're just a troll"
You are showing yourself to be even more of an idiot with every post, what kind of question is that that I've highlighted.  :wacko:  For what it's worth it was someone similar to yourself who kept on spouting a load of bollocks that he knew nothing about.

Look mate like I said you can't have it both ways either the vaccine does harm and induces respiratory illness or it doesn't, which is it. Not a hard question.

If you still maintain it does how do you explain the NHS offering it to me. Again not a hard question.

Offline contentguy

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,454
  • Likes: 35
  •  
  • Reviews: 41
Are you're not going to answer?

Not sure why I would want to bother :unknown:

What are the questions relevant to   :unknown:

The COVID jabs enabled us to come out of lock down and start leading normal lives again  :thumbsup:

I'm not taking medical advice from a barebacker  :dash:




Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Not sure why I would want to bother :unknown:

What are the questions relevant to   :unknown:

The COVID jabs enabled us to come out of lock down and start leading normal lives again  :thumbsup:

I'm not taking medical advice from a barebacker  :dash:

Funny how you won't answer the questions. The reason, I suspect, is because you agree with my statements. You now believe what the so-called "anti-vaxers" believed 12 months ago. It's difficult to admit you were wrong, but admirable if you can bring yourself to do so.

Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
You are showing yourself to be even more of an idiot with every post, what kind of question is that that I've highlighted.  :wacko:  For what it's worth it was someone similar to yourself who kept on spouting a load of bollocks that he knew nothing about.

Look mate like I said you can't have it both ways either the vaccine does harm and induces respiratory illness or it doesn't, which is it. Not a hard question.

If you still maintain it does how do you explain the NHS offering it to me. Again not a hard question.

I will return to my question, is calling another poster "an idiot" or other insult against the rules or not? I am asking you as a moderator. I would like to know if I am allowed to call posters "idiots" if I don't agree with them.

The vaccine does harm some people, it is not as safe and effective as we were led to believe. The yellow card reports prove this. My guess is you are offered it because your doctor believes any benefit outweighs the risk in your case. You admit you have not taken up the boosters, so you are overruling the advice of your doctors. Do you know better than them?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 06:30:01 pm by PumpDump »
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I will return to my question, is calling another poster "an idiot" or other insult against the rules or not? I am asking you as a moderator. I would like to know if I am allowed to call posters "idiots" if I don't agree with them.

The vaccine does harm some people, it is not as safe and effective as we were led to believe. The yellow card reports prove this. My guess is you are offered it because your doctor believes any benefit outweighs the risk in your case. You admit you have not taken up the boosters, so you are overruling the advice of your doctors. Do you know better than them?
Give it up will you, no I don't know better than them but I do know my body and just to point out something else you don't know, they have to offer me the flu vaccine and the Covid booster, they can't not offer it. They know what my answer will be and I've even told them to take my name off the list of who gets offered it but they can't do that.

Now you're telling me what my doctor thinks, idiot doesn't even come close. The various medical professionals who deal with me are in regular contact and are happy with me refusing the booster, so they know far more than you.

I'm going to leave you in your own little world, I can only tolerate idiots for so long.

OH to answer your question, there's a link to the rules at the bottom of every page, but calling people idiots is best saved for those who are actually idiots and not just because you disagree with them.

Online finn5555

I will return to my question, is calling another poster "an idiot" or other insult against the rules or not? I am asking you as a moderator. I would like to know if I am allowed to call posters "idiots" if I don't agree with them.


Its in the rules:
23 Abuse towards other members
Discord must be kept civil. Excessive abuse/swearing is not acceptable. "You're acting like a twat" is not excessive. However, "you're a fucking inbred cunt" is excessive and is not acceptable. Bullying will result in a ban. Abuse of the Mod or Admin Team will result in a ban.

I am not sure if calling a Mod an idiot is abuse, you could try it and see  :D

Offline contentguy

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,454
  • Likes: 35
  •  
  • Reviews: 41
Funny how you won't answer the questions. The reason, I suspect, is because you agree with my statements. You now believe what the so-called "anti-vaxers" believed 12 months ago. It's difficult to admit you were wrong, but admirable if you can bring yourself to do so.

Why would I want to answer your questions  :unknown:

I commented on the bollocks you posted regarding long COVID and vaccines, I cited a responsible source.  You’ve not countered with anything remotely intelligent so I can only assume you agree with me that you were talking bollocks  :hi:

You seem to now be baiting Davie so I’ll withdraw and enjoy the thread from a distance with my bowl of popcorn.   :music:


Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
These are the three points I made in my posts. Which do you agree with and which do you disagree?

1. The Covid vaccine does not prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
2. There is no reliable scientific evidence that masks prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
3. One of the side-effects of the Covid vaccine is auto-immune disorders, an overactive immune system, the body attacking itself. Do you disagree with this?

Which one of these makes me an idiot?

Answers
1) It reduces the rate of transmission and also reduces the effects and symptoms of infection
2) I would disagree because your statement is wrong
3) Auto-immune side effects are statistically insignificant and can be largely avoided by selective use of vaccine type
4) All of your questions make you an idiot as they've all been thoroughly discussed and debunked before.

Idiots like you are a risk to the population's health. Idiots like you kill people with your insane ramblings.
FFS stop posting shit that worsens other peoples lives. If you want to fuck off and die from covid then fine. Just don't try taking others with you

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
These are the three points I made in my posts. Which do you agree with and which do you disagree?

1. The Covid vaccine does not prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
2. There is no reliable scientific evidence that masks prevent transmission. Do you disagree with this?
3. One of the side-effects of the Covid vaccine is auto-immune disorders, an overactive immune system, the body attacking itself. Do you disagree with this?

Which one of these makes me an idiot?

I was clear in my post that I researched the process for developing and testing vaccines. I am not a scientist or doctor and I am intelligent enough to know that there is more to this than reading a few papers on the internet and making my own judgement.  I trust the process.

Turning to your questions the second one is nothing to do with vaccines.  However my view at the time was that despite there being no reliable scientific evidence it seemed common sense that it might help.  Given that it was easy to do and non invasive I thought then, and still do, that only an idiot would object.  The fact that it was people like Trump who objected really supported that view.

Question 1 I believe is incorrect because you have made a mistake with the question.  Nobody has ever claimed that it prevented transmission, just that it reduces it.  There were a number of good reasons given for that.  Again I believe anyone not understanding that is an idiot.

I am not qualified to answer 3, and I doubt you are qualified to ask it or understand it. With that caveat my understanding is that such a side effect would be rare and/or small in impact.  You need to understand statistics and scale here, overall the benefits far outweigh side effects such as the one you say.  If you think that the regulatory bodies released a vaccine that would cause widespread harm in that way you are again an idiot.

So to answer your last question I believe all three show it.

 :hi:

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Looks like it's ok to call people you disagree with idiots now. So I can go on threads and call the guy who paid £50 for a HJ an idiot? Is that the way this website wants to operate? Daviemac, can you answer this?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Looks like it's ok to call people you disagree with idiots now. So I can go on threads and call the guy who paid £50 for a HJ an idiot? Is that the way this website wants to operate? Daviemac, can you answer this?
I've already answered that, but if you want to break the rules by criticizing other people's reviews then that is up to you.

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
I've already answered that, but if you want to break the rules by criticizing other people's reviews then that is up to you.

You didn't answer, you dodged answering. Is it ok to call other members "idiots"? Yes or no?
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
You didn't answer, you dodged answering. Is it ok to call other members "idiots"? Yes or no?
Read my posts and you will see the answer, last warning unless you want a 2 week break leave it.

The rules have also been pointed out to you as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:24:54 am by daviemac »


Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Answers
1) It reduces the rate of transmission and also reduces the effects and symptoms of infection - there is no reliable evidence that it reduces rate of transmission
2) I would disagree because your statement is wrong - If there is any reliable studies that masks reduce transmission please let me know. You won't find them because it no such studies exist
3) Auto-immune side effects are statistically insignificant and can be largely avoided by selective use of vaccine type - They are not statistically insignificant when the vaccine is given to health individuals and children who are at no risk of covid. The risks of severe side effects outweigh any benefits of the vaccine
4) All of your questions make you an idiot as they've all been thoroughly discussed and debunked before.

Idiots like you are a risk to the population's health. Idiots like you kill people with your insane ramblings.
FFS stop posting shit that worsens other peoples lives. If you want to fuck off and die from covid then fine. Just don't try taking others with you
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
Looks like it's ok to call people you disagree with idiots now. So I can go on threads and call the guy who paid £50 for a HJ an idiot? Is that the way this website wants to operate? Daviemac, can you answer this?

You seem intent on continually proving the point.

It is not generally OK and indeed on the Philip Schofield thread I did it and was called out and I apologised.  Sometimes we all get things wrong and should stop, take a moment and then accept responsibility.

In your case you are consistently making utterly stupid points and are unable to understand the responses that you are getting.  Also the sort of comments you are making killed people when we were in the middle of Covid.  So I have reflected on calling you an idiot and simply cannot see any reason to revise that opinion and indeed think that stronger language would be appropriate.  However unlike you I understand the rules here and believe I know where to draw the line so as not to be abusive.

Offline puntingking

Looks like it's ok to call people you disagree with idiots now. So I can go on threads and call the guy who paid £50 for a HJ an idiot? Is that the way this website wants to operate? Daviemac, can you answer this?


idiot means a stupid or foolish person. I don't think a guy who pays £50 for a hj makes him a stupid person.

also - using the word idiot I would not take that as excessive.

23 Abuse towards other members
Discord must be kept civil. Excessive abuse/swearing is not acceptable. "You're acting like a twat" is not excessive. However, "you're a fucking inbred cunt" is excessive and is not acceptable. Bullying will result in a ban. Abuse of the Mod or Admin Team will result in a ban.

regardless daviemac is a moderator and He has warned you to not carry on or he will temporary ban you for 2 weeks. I would leave it be unless you want a holiday away from ukp.
 :hi:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 10:20:24 am by puntingking »

Offline contentguy

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,454
  • Likes: 35
  •  
  • Reviews: 41
@PUMPDUMP I see you're taking your COVID ramblings to the David Icke thread.

And you've been kind enough on that thread to reveal your "sources" and compare the COVID jab to Thalidomide.

Here you go.
COVID Vaccine Thalidomide:  External Link/Members Only
Dr John Campbell: External Link/Members Only

You keep showing yourself to be an idiot who's spouting bollocks!

Offline hendrix

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,673
  • Likes: 582
  •  
  • Reviews: 64
Very interesting study on the efficacy of Metformin on Long Covid complications:

External Link/Members Only

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44

idiot means a stupid or foolish person. I don't think a guy who pays £50 for a hj makes him a stupid person.

also - using the word idiot I would not take that as excessive.

23 Abuse towards other members
Discord must be kept civil. Excessive abuse/swearing is not acceptable. "You're acting like a twat" is not excessive. However, "you're a fucking inbred cunt" is excessive and is not acceptable. Bullying will result in a ban. Abuse of the Mod or Admin Team will result in a ban.

regardless daviemac is a moderator and He has warned you to not carry on or he will temporary ban you for 2 weeks. I would leave it be unless you want a holiday away from ukp.
 :hi:

Yes I will leave it now. I know you guys will be bitterly disappointed not to be able to continue the debate  :D

BTW you might also want to watch out, you could be accused of breaking the wannabe mod rule.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline kuck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,160
  • Likes: 46
  •  
  • Reviews: 38
@PUMPDUMP I see you're taking your COVID ramblings to the David Icke thread.

And you've been kind enough on that thread to reveal your "sources" and compare the COVID jab to Thalidomide.

Here you go.
COVID Vaccine Thalidomide:  External Link/Members Only
Dr John Campbell: External Link/Members Only

You keep showing yourself to be an idiot who's spouting bollocks!

Nurse Campbell started off as quite an honest and informative channel. He was quite good at around the start of the pandemic. At some point he realised that he could 100x his views by pandering to conspiracies. He's been hilarious ever since.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 11:49:34 am by kuck »

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Yes I will leave it now. I know you guys will be bitterly disappointed not to be able to continue the debate  :D

BTW you might also want to watch out, you could be accused of breaking the wannabe mod rule.
You just can't help your self can you, not only posting bollocks on this thread you've taken it to another one, we'll see if a couple of weeks break will settle you down, if you come back with the same attitude the ban will be 60 days if not permanent.

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I've just received an appointment letter for a routine check at hospital, enclosed was the info below. All I can say is thank the lord Covid isn't an issue otherwise who knows what I would have to do.   :wacko:
 

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline kuck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,160
  • Likes: 46
  •  
  • Reviews: 38
I've just received an appointment letter for a routine check at hospital, enclosed was the info below. All I can say is thank the lord Covid isn't an issue otherwise who knows what I would have to do.   :wacko:
 

Hidden Image/Members Only

Be careful. The font alignment on that letter looks like a clever WEF/Pfizer/lizard people/remoaner/Soros/deep state/microchip plot to me.

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Be careful. The font alignment on that letter looks like a clever WEF/Pfizer/lizard people/remoaner/Soros/deep state/microchip plot to me.
Nah, I think that was contained in the bit I missed off telling me I might need a covid test before any procedures.   :hi:

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
FFS why are people still picking at this trying to find problems with a success story that has literally saved millions of lives and allowed us to get back to normal.

There is no problem with it, we have the advantage of choice and they all have slightly different pros and cons.  If you were in a developing country you would choose the one that as you say does not need cold storange etc.

The one we now use is slightly more effective.

The whole blood clot story did put some people off because as on this thread it was misunderstood and weaponised by the usual idiots.  However it remains an excellent vaccine and much better than the Russian and Chinese shit.

Well well well, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so...

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only



Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lostandfound

Well well well, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so...

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

Someone with more patience than me is better placed to explain it to you, but still I cannot help but say that you are just as wrong as you have ever been.


Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Well well well, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so...

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only
FFS what is wrong with you, you're quoting a post from May to try and score some brownie points over someone.   :wacko:

I wouldn't care but you are still wrong. 

As an aside, I feel I should apologise for calling you an idiot in the past, it could easily be construed as extremely insulting to idiots.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 06:04:24 pm by daviemac »

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
FFS what is wrong with you, you're quoting a post from May to try and score some brownie points over someone.   :wacko:

I wouldn't care but you are still wrong. 

As an aside, I feel I should apologise for calling you an idiot in the past, it could easily be construed as extremely insulting to idiots.

Well let's see shall we. The flood gates are about to open and people will realise how bad these vaccines really were and how many healthy people who didn't need to take them had their lives destroyed.

Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Although there can be questions over fine tuning snd at least one company it’s suggested claimes the vaccines were safer than they were, the calculations still show that the vaccines saved vastly, vastly more lives than if they had not been used.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 06:40:27 pm by Marmalade »

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Well let's see shall we. The flood gates are about to open and people will realise how bad these vaccines really were and how many healthy people who didn't need to take them had their lives destroyed.
Reviving a 6 moth old post to continue an old argument and spout more crap, there's something wrong with you.

.

Offline RedKettle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,195
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 103
Well let's see shall we. The flood gates are about to open and people will realise how bad these vaccines really were and how many healthy people who didn't need to take them had their lives destroyed.

Go back down the rabbit hole.


Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Every medical procedure has risks
Injecting 20 million people with similar amount of pure water would result in lots of reports of side effects, lots of sore arms and everything else, even deaths following the jab (not necessarily caused).
If you then use anything which will really change your body then there will be more side effects.
Despite all of the tests and trials; any medicine until it has been used for at least 5 years all of the side effects arent known. Look at the history of the Polio sugar lump vaccine.

I would never buy a newly announced car or anything else - let others be the guinea pigs and iron out the faults. But I had the vaccine as soon as I could; the risks of COVID were much higher and there wasnt an older fully tested alternative

But in regard to COVID - yes there were side effects and we will see more of them rearing their ugly heads but millions of lives were saved.

The only question would be a moral one - if the risk of COVID is lower in under 30s and the vaccine risk is significant (big ifs) then was the government right in pushing vaccines to reduce the spread of COVID and its deadly effect on the older population?

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Every medical procedure has risks
Injecting 20 million people with similar amount of pure water would result in lots of reports of side effects, lots of sore arms and everything else, even deaths following the jab (not necessarily caused).
If you then use anything which will really change your body then there will be more side effects.
Despite all of the tests and trials; any medicine until it has been used for at least 5 years all of the side effects arent known. Look at the history of the Polio sugar lump vaccine.

I would never buy a newly announced car or anything else - let others be the guinea pigs and iron out the faults. But I had the vaccine as soon as I could; the risks of COVID were much higher and there wasnt an older fully tested alternative

But in regard to COVID - yes there were side effects and we will see more of them rearing their ugly heads but millions of lives were saved.

The only question would be a moral one - if the risk of COVID is lower in under 30s and the vaccine risk is significant (big ifs) then was the government right in pushing vaccines to reduce the spread of COVID and its deadly effect on the older population?

Your last line hits the nail on the head. It should never have been offered (almost mandated) on healthy young people. They even encouraged kids to take it. And the potential risks were never explained. It is "safe and effective" was parroted over and over when the truth is they didn't know if it was really safe.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PumpDump

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 1,349
  • Likes: 156
  •  
  • Reviews: 44
Reviving a 6 moth old post to continue an old argument and spout more crap, there's something wrong with you.

.

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

In another six or twelve months, or perhaps 24 months, when the truth is even more obvious, I will drag this thread up again to remind you.
Banned reason: Habitual troll type posts after assuring that sort of thing would stop.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PepeMAGA

Your last line hits the nail on the head. It should never have been offered (almost mandated) on healthy young people. They even encouraged kids to take it. And the potential risks were never explained. It is "safe and effective" was parroted over and over when the truth is they didn't know if it was really safe.
Yes agree with that, children shouldn't have been included. it (and other aspects of COVID measures) became cultish, where everyone had to be vaccinated, regardless.
I also think the strength of the Moderna could have been dialled down, closer to the Pfizer dose.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

In another six or twelve months, or perhaps 24 months, when the truth is even more obvious, I will drag this thread up again to remind you.
Oh FFS please don't  :dash:
Hasn't all this shit been done to death already  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Oh FFS please don't  :dash:
Hasn't all this shit been done to death already  :unknown:

Apparently not, time to break out the tin foil hats again

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
This isn't about Covid per se but is about compensation and the woeful inadequacy of the Government scheme put in place to cover the emergency use of a vaccine, which had not been tested on large numbers of people. It was inevitable the vaccine would harm some people.

As I posted somewhere very early on in this thread, UK Government has history with this and it comes as no surprise that we are now at this juncture where court action against the vaccine manufacturer is the only option left to those people who have been harmed as they have been let down again by the politicians.

In medical compensation terms £120K is a joke for severe and permanent life changing injuries.

Can we move on again?


Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

In another six or twelve months, or perhaps 24 months, when the truth is even more obvious, I will drag this thread up again to remind you.
I very much doubt that, the way you are going you won't be here that long. Trolls seldom do last very long.

BTW we are NOT getting into politics.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 09:50:01 am by daviemac »