Hi all,
A regular WG I've seen around a half dozen times is now saying I have to park on her drive when I visit. I've always been averse to this but in this instance, she is an English independent WG who I have no indication at all has a 'Sergei' on the scene to break in to car/threaten to out me or anything like that. Never given me any indication that she could present trouble and frankly even if she did 'hunt me down', so what ... I'd politely state how flattered I was she'd come to visit me and ask her for in a cup of tea rather than shatting my pants, what's the issue?
I prefer to maintain complete security by parking a street or two away but if I park on the drive, even if she takes my license plate, what can she actually do with it? I know that a person can request details from DVLA for £2.50 but I'm finding it hard to believe the DVLA just give it out - if they did, any nutter who sees a hot woman in a supermarket car park would be £2.50 away from knowing exactly where she lives, or someone who thinks you've pulled out on them and experiences major road rage could track you down, surely that's not actually how the world works?
Anyone know what someone can actually do with a license plate? I'm assuming if a person has someone on the inside at the DVLA then that's a different kettle of fish but is it really such a security risk in this life to have someone know your license plate?