Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Chelmsford GUM Clinic  (Read 2478 times)

Offline daveyjones

No doubt like many of you, I get tested regularly just to check all is well.  My own rule is that I go every three months but for whatever reason, I realised I hadn't been at all this year so decided it was time to go! 

I normally use the Chelmsford Clinic so gave them a ring to discover the service has been taken over by Provide Health Care who are running it for the NHS.  I gave them a bell and it was annoying to have to re-register having previously been given my own ID number (which I'd memorised) which made life easier.  I was impressed that they now offer free home testing kits, but they'll only post them to you, there's no option to pick one up.  Even though I was assured they're in plan packaging, there's still the risk that somebody else at home would open it and even if they didn't, the package would raise questions again.  So, an appointment was the best option for me.  As always, I booked the earliest time of day I could.

So today was the day of the check-up.  Unfortunately they've moved from their building near the bus station.  While this was always a high traffic area it did always feel very discrete.  Once in, I always felt "safe" with separate male and female waiting areas and you always felt that if you bumped in to anyone you knew they'd be no worries that they'd let-on they'd seen you as you're both there for the same reason.  The new location is in the middle of a housing estate near the old St Johns Hospital.  There are multiple clinics taking place at the same time so there is a mix of people in the waiting room.  Several people came in wanting a "walk in" appointment but were turned away (if only they had home test kits they could've handed out) as they were too busy.  I really felt sorry for these guys, especially the younger ones as it wasn't at all discrete and one of the receptionists on the desk wasn't very subtle in asking what clinic people were there for.

I was eventually seen an hour after my appointment time, by which time I was busting for a piss having not "passed water" for two hours prior to my appointment time.  I have a hamster bladder and three hours was agony!  The nurse I saw used to work at the old place and she did recognise me as an old patient.  She explained all of the old records are "securely stored" so every patient has to give over all of their details again.  This took an age to complete and while I'm now comfortable to admit to them I visit prossies I can imagine some wouldn't like having to go through all of this again.

I did ask her if the service would remain in that location as it didn't seem suitable.  She said they were worried that it probably would and agreed that it wasn't suitable.  She said they had raised all of this but the "management" can't get their heads around it.  The GUM medical staff are worried people won't get tested and treated if needed as the place is not discrete and not designed for the purpose like the old building.  Once the tests were done I was given a glossy card emblazoned with "Essex Sexual Health Service" and a list of the services they offer with my new unique ID number!  Hardly subtle!

Not really sure why I'm posting this... just wanted to have a rant about an important service being ruined and couldn't really rant to a civvy about it!   If you do go there to be tested and haven't been since the move, you have been warned!

Offline cunnyhunt

Not really sure why I'm posting this... just wanted to have a rant about an important service being ruined and couldn't really rant to a civvy about it!   If you do go there to be tested and haven't been since the move, you have been warned!

Glad you did as it is a reminder for others that do not bother as they think they are safe. Earlier I posted that a WG I had seen and presumed to be safe is possibly providing BB proving that you have to be screened regularly.  :thumbsup:

Offline Wilson85

They sent me to Orsett Hospital, which was very good and discreet (and had the fittest, prettiest nurse yet). Certainly more discreet than the new Chelmsford one sounds.
I phoned them up and they sent me there based on my postcode, so I'm not sure you can pick and choose where you go.

Offline Mikepboro

Presumably you don't have to give your real address...or name for that matter?

Offline sxman

I was only at the Chelmsford one about 8 weeks ago by the bus station, I thought that was fairly new and not long been open, costing millions, sounds like another great example of the NHS waste of money.

Thanks for the heads up, think I will find another clinic for the future.

Offline TheBSG

Anyone had any luck finding an alternative GUM clinic?

Had my first visit to the new Chelmsford one last week and won't be going back as it's not at all discrete

Offline sxman

Anyone had any luck finding an alternative GUM clinic?

Had my first visit to the new Chelmsford one last week and won't be going back as it's not at all discrete

I been going to the one at Southend Hospital, I always make afternoon appointments to avoid the busy morning walk in rush, quick and discrete.

Offline daveyjones

For my most recent check up I decided to try one of the home tests that they offer, you can order them here:-

External Link/Members Only

It arrived quick and it was in plain packaging. All of the tests were easy to do and I had my results text back in three days!

Obviously this relies on you being able to receive a package with out being opened or questioned as to what it is. I wish there was an option to pick up a kick from somewhere.

Offline sxman

For my most recent check up I decided to try one of the home tests that they offer, you can order them here:-

External Link/Members Only

It arrived quick and it was in plain packaging. All of the tests were easy to do and I had my results text back in three days!

Obviously this relies on you being able to receive a package with out being opened or questioned as to what it is. I wish there was an option to pick up a kick from somewhere.

Just tried to order my free kit to give it a try but unfortunately not available in my area.

You need to get 16 drops of blood into a tube from a pin prick  :(

Offline daveyjones

The blood test was actually quite easy to do and the drops of blood aren't as much as it sounds.

It certainly sounded worse than it was!

Freddyrocks

If you can. Go to soho walkin.  All automated and instant results for everything apart from the obvious tres smart.   

Offline robboflam

Hmmm wish i had read the earlier post about the Chelmsford clinic moving !. I visited the "new" Chelmsford location in early Dec, sat around for 75 mins beyond my appointment (with all sorts of folks in for general stuff as its a generic clinic.... it was Deaf Clinic day so lots of shouting patient names out a few times before anyone moved!)
Check up by the doc, swab down the todger, handed a jar to pee in....queue for the toilet, in i go, filled, hand jar to student nurse and we go into a room where a very young girl was just finishing up a discussion with another doc...eek...quickly went back into the corridor!
Nobody sure whether i am supposed to see the doctor again, but they cant find him to ask....so they suggest I'm free to go.
Today i rang the appointment number to find out where my results have gone...."we have not texted you as we are still waiting on the swab result". "However the blood and urine results are fine. Let me see if i can chase up the swab"
10 mins later they ring me back...."The lab never received your swab for testing."

So in summary the clinic isnt suited to the task, that they "lost" a swab somewhere along the way is poor, plus they would never have sent me any results as they would never have got them all (which i guess triggers the notification process).

Oh joy, the thought of going back and sitting around for over an hour, and hoping the swab gets tested this time. The home testing route sounds like a good option, though if that involves sticking a swab down your own todger then not so sure i fancy it!!