Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Romanian sex workers challenge UK immigration policy  (Read 1770 times)

Offline lostandfound

Quote from: The Guardian website
Women targeted by Operation Nexus, which aims to deport foreign offenders, say they are legitimately self-employed

A policy aimed at deporting “high-harm” EU-national criminals and those not entitled to remain in Britain is to be challenged by Romanian sex workers who maintain they are self-employed.

Several women fighting deportation are now being supported by the English Collective of Prostitutes (ECP). “There was a raid which was supposed to be saving victims from trafficking,” explained one young woman who wished to remain anonymous.

“The police took paperwork and money. I asked for a receipt. They said I was being cheeky. They wanted to know if had been trafficked and asked the client if I was taking drugs. He said no.

“They didn’t arrest me but said I should be deported and asked me to go to the police station. I went along with a lawyer and showed a letter from a course proving that I was studying English.” The threat to remove her was eventually dropped.

External Link/Members Only

Offline easyp123

This made me angry.

Niki Adams, a spokeswoman for the ECP, said: “This deliberate policy of deportation and destitution targets immigrant women, who because of the criminalisation and stigma associated with sex work, will find it harder to defend themselves.

“All the women are mothers who went into sex work because wages in other jobs were too low to feed and clothe their children or because they faced racism from employers.”

No.The main reason they do it is greed.

Offline XTC2

So after the failures of Pentameter and Pentameter 2 we see the real, dark side of trafficking police work - using it as a pretext to harass, threaten and deport those they consider to be "undesirables". The joke is that they supposedly have to "demonstrate that someone poses some risk to society in order to justify a deportation", what risk to society does a Romanian prostitute with no evidence of any illegal acts pose can anyone tell me? What a ridiculous waste of time and money, and one that blatantly stamps on worker's rights too.

Offline fairfield

This made me angry........

No.The main reason they do it is greed.

Why? isn't "greed" sposed to be the motivation of all of us in this glorious capitalist society of ours?

OP, thx for info. 'Nexus' sounds like a bunch of pervy peeping toms. Still the only two half decent cops i have ever met were guys taking issue with their own colleagues actions.

I hope any deported girls just treat it as a 'free' trip back home and return with their student papers whenever they like.

Never thought i would be sympathizing with Rumainian WG's.

Offline Jimmyredcab

"A policy aimed at deporting “high-harm” EU-national criminals and those not entitled to remain in Britain is to be challenged by Romanian sex workers who maintain they are self-employed".

Self employed my arse.     :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Are they registered with HMRC ----------------- of course not.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

James999

Most of the ROmanian pro$$ies haven't even seen their AW profile and know what services they are supposed ot offer, let alone obtaining a NI Number and registering as self employed  :thumbsdown:

Offline fairfield

Are they registered with HMRC ----------------- of course not.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haha, 40 years ago had a job 'helping' with London cabbies tax returns. Painted themselves as the poorest of the poor. They shudda won the Nobel prize for fiction, but were probably too busy counting all their lolly.
Imagine the WG's put a lot of business the cabbies way - as doubt many of them drive.

Offline iPad3

"A policy aimed at deporting “high-harm” EU-national criminals and those not entitled to remain in Britain is to be challenged by Romanian sex workers who maintain they are self-employed".

Self employed my arse.     :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Indeed jimmy, I assume your tax affairs are fully up to date and that every penny of that cash that you take every day is declared??

What's say you do a "Dave" and publish that tax return??

Offline Jimmyredcab

Indeed jimmy, I assume your tax affairs are fully up to date and that every penny of that cash that you take every day is declared??

What's say you do a "Dave" and publish that tax return??

How about revealing what YOU do for a living.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I pay my fair share of income tax, my accountant is happy with my figures and so is HMRC.

To compare me with a Romanian pro$$ie is total bollocks, and you know it.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

Most of the Romanian pro$$ies haven't even seen their AW profile and know what services they are supposed ot offer, let alone obtaining a NI Number and registering as self employed  :thumbsdown:
How do you know? iI you have visited some please share your experiences with us and write some reviews.

Offline XTC2

How do you know? If you have visited some please share your experiences with us and write some reviews.
And regardless, quizzing prostitutes about whether they've obtained an NI number and filled out the required paperwork to register as self employed seems like some pretty shit pillow talk to me. But whatever puts lead in your pencil, I guess.

Offline latecomer

TheNewSeeker

No. The main reason they do it is greed.

WTF, greed! We all try to earn much as we can; it's up to punters to reality check the price; there's plenty of other fish. Do you want them to do it for less, or because they like you!

It's paid sex FFS, a financial transaction. You decide what it's worth.

:dash:

JV547845

Haha, 40 years ago had a job 'helping' with London cabbies tax returns. Painted themselves as the poorest of the poor. They shudda won the Nobel prize for fiction, but were probably too busy counting all their lolly.
Imagine the WG's put a lot of business the cabbies way - as doubt many of them drive.

pmsl