Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Car trouble a warning!  (Read 4254 times)

Offline anonyorks

Hello,

Probably preaching to the choir here but I picked up my new car last week from work. I had a punt lined up but luckily decided to stick to my old car for it as I was going somewhere new. Found out today that my boss at work has an app that keeps track of all my trips (for my benefit for mileage) so that is going to curtail my punting somewhat!. It is available if it is a civvy car too so your Mrs could do the same  :scare:

Bloody annoying

Offline Roth

Hello,

Probably preaching to the choir here but I picked up my new car last week from work. I had a punt lined up but luckily decided to stick to my old car for it as I was going somewhere new. Found out today that my boss at work has an app that keeps track of all my trips (for my benefit for mileage) so that is going to curtail my punting somewhat!. It is available if it is a civvy car too so your Mrs could do the same  :scare:

Bloody annoying

Sounds like the cunt is spying on you.  :( :(

Offline tesla

not sure that it is legal to track you with your knowledge, same as cctv must have a warning sign etc

Offline sigmund

not sure that it is legal to track you with your knowledge, same as cctv must have a warning sign etc

Workplace surveillance, i.e. monitoring what your staff are up to, is entirely legal and company vehicles are classed as an extension of the workplace so nothing illegal in tracking a company vehicle.

Similar in some ways to the fact that smoking in the workplace legislation also applies to company vehicles.

Offline nigel4498

They'll soon get round to chipping us humans the way they chip dogs.
Our every move will be monitored.
They'll use the excuse it's for our own safety.
No doubt quoting terrorism.

vw

They'll soon get round to chipping us humans the way they chip dogs.
Our every move will be monitored.
They'll use the excuse it's for our own safety.
No doubt quoting terrorism.

No doubt at all, with pricks quoting the mantra "It you have nothing to hide"  like some did on this forum when the snoopers charter was being discussed !

Offline freeze44

Fuck! How do these apps work?! I got loads to hide!!!!!!

Offline anonyorks

He was up front and made a point of telling me about it. I've got the app myself now, he's no interest and I'm not the only one with a company car. The fact now anywhere I go is now sat on my phone is annoying as fuck as it will limit punting severely. Might say I hate this brand of car as it seems exclusive to it  :lol:

handgun71

"It you have nothing to hide"

fook me love that quote what a load of fudge if you had nothing to hide, there would not be people who need to look, we all have something to hide, It's just a case of timing whether its worth someones while to look and circumstance to how much flak it can cause.

Offline smiths

Hello,

Bloody annoying

Good information though it wont affect me for the moment, could help catch me out if punting was ever a crime though when I would have to decide what to do about it. Among many other technical innovations nowadays they aren't necessarily punting friendly which is why I always advise punting as basic as you can, use an old mobile for example, but if you do use an Android know exactly how it works and whats on it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:25:46 pm by smiths »

Offline zootalors

Get yourself a punting car to go with your punting phone  :lol:

Offline Gordon Bennett

As long as your punting on your own time and your allowed personal use of the vehicle I'm not sure what the issue is?

Offline stevedave

Good info anon. Might be worth buying an old banger, to use when banging some, erm, young bangers!

Glad I've split up from my ex, this is the kind if technology she enjoys. What kind of car is it, you mention it's exclusive to it?

oring123

Its called a tracker and thats what it does !!

Online redt4

My understanding of it was that if you pay tax on it as a perk of the job that legally you should be able to turn it off when using in non work periods...unless its changed recently then employers are not allowed legally to track you outside off work ....might be worth checking where you stand legally on that one is all im saying.

Offline Taggart

My understanding of it was that if you pay tax on it as a perk of the job that legally you should be able to turn it off when using in non work periods...unless its changed recently then employers are not allowed legally to track you outside off work ....might be worth checking where you stand legally on that one is all im saying.

If it's purely a work car with no private mileage allowed, that maybe ok but if the OP has permission the car for private mileage, then that's an invasion of privacy and the employer is taking the piss. For my company car I pay the fuel, the claim back mileage at so much per mile (HMRC rates) but complete a monthly mileage return with post codes for business miles. Saves being taxed more silly than I am at present. Plus my company has a degree of trust with its staff.

With all new cars having to comply with an EU requirement that it sends a signal to the emergency services in the event of an accident or breakdown, that could bugger up some people's punting activities.

Offline anonyorks

Work is fine, point is there is now an app on my phone that states my where abouts with the car so could be snooped upon at anytime

seward

Also be very careful with cars with SatNavs factory fitted as with certain software mods can record vehicle movements, via GPS ,check the hand book and learn how to clear history and cache as a lot of modern tech has the ability to leave a footprint, some insurance companies are proposing trackers as standard in new vehicles.bet it's not long before it's put in for theft prevention, so nobody can argue against it, especially if they offer a bit off premiums.

Offline Moresomes

As long as your punting on your own time and your allowed personal use of the vehicle I'm not sure what the issue is?

+1.

It's not as if the tracker's going to show you as being nuts deep in some nubile young thing. you could be visiting your granny for all it knows. I travel around in my job, and have enjoyed many a punt in company time. Adds to the pleasure of the punt.

TheNewSeeker

+1.

It's not as if the tracker's going to show you as being nuts deep in some nubile young thing. you could be visiting your granny for all it knows. I travel around in my job, and have enjoyed many a punt in company time. Adds to the pleasure of the punt.

Personal data is fucking personal; if you can't imagine any scenarios where your company knowing where you are in your private life might fuck you up you're short of grey cells.

If you have a company car which by definition you're allowed to use for your private life then you should be allowed to turn it off. This fucking surveillance society sucks

ClarkeOfTheCourse

If his boss has access to his movements, that also means he knows when it's safe to pop round and podge his wife.  :lol:

pierrot

Offline nigel4498

You need one of these and yes they do work

External Link/Members Only
Because of a loop hole in UK tracker legislation it is legal to buy GPS and phone jammers but it's illegal to sell or use them ( work that one out )
£5,000 pound fine if caught and prosecuted.

Offline maxxblue

You need one of these and yes they do work

External Link/Members Only

They may well work, but why would you need one?  :unknown:

Punting is not illegal. It's a bit like going to Tesco's in a ninja suit to buy some Rice Krispies - it's not against the rules, so why bother?

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Has anyone checked the legislation   :unknown:

Legally Tracking Business Vehicles That Are Used Privately

It is permitted to track vehicles that are also used privately by employees, provided the tracking does not continue outside of working hours. This can be managed using a vehicle tracker with a privacy button, which allows the employee to turn off data transmission outside of working hours, or with an agreement to not collect tracking data at this time.

In cases where the tracker does not have a privacy button, data tracking must be disabled by the fleet manager. If a company car has been given to an employee to use outside of working hours, the employee must be confident in the fact that his movements are not being tracked during private hours.

The only exception to this are cases where the employer is required by law to track the vehicles, such as fitting a tachograph in a lorry.

As long as you're not punting while you're supposed to be working there's no problem.  Haulage / courier firms have used vehicle tracking for ages.

Offline threechilliman

+1.

Yes, I've enjoyed the 'company' of many ladies on company time. Adds to the pleasure - knowing that you're being paid for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

tcm

Online RedKettle

Yes, I've enjoyed the 'company' of many ladies on company time. Adds to the pleasure - knowing that you're being paid for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

tcm

same here - but being self employed it is not quite the same  :D :D :D

Offline TheBerkshirehunt

Unless the address/postcode brings up the words sauna/massage parlour/brothel in the first page of a google search, I really can't see the problem; unless your boss knew the address for the same reason as you were visiting.... Anyway, for all they know, you simply popped round to see a friend for a chinwag - they don't know it was the sort of friend you rent by the hour, and the chinwag was her chin wagging as she wrapped her lips round your spam javelin....

However, you might like to look at clearing recent addresses from any search facility within the device, so the other half doesn't ask why you needed directions to Knockingshop Road, or wherever it was...

Offline Johnbean

Hello,

Bloody annoying

Watch out for iPhones as well, mate of mine was tracked with the 'find my iPhone' function by his Mrs. You can turn it off in settings. Thanks for the heads up, glad my can is an old banger anyway...

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:47:26 pm by Johnbean »

Offline iPad3

Why not drive to the closest legitimate location and then take public transport / a cab, simples.

Offline sigmund

Watch out for iPhones as well, mate of mine was tracked with the 'find my iPhone' function by his Mrs. You can turn it off in settings. Thanks for the heads up, glad my can is an old banger anyway...

And that is why I'm the only one in the family without an iPhone.

Offline anonyorks

Unless the address/postcode brings up the words sauna/massage parlour/brothel in the first page of a google search, I really can't see the problem; unless your boss knew the address for the same reason as you were visiting.... Anyway, for all they know, you simply popped round to see a friend for a chinwag - they don't know it was the sort of friend you rent by the hour, and the chinwag was her chin wagging as she wrapped her lips round your spam javelin....

However, you might like to look at clearing recent addresses from any search facility within the device, so the other half doesn't ask why you needed directions to Knockingshop Road, or wherever it was...

So I've just checked now and it tracks time and distance so if I delete anything it will stand out like a sore thumb. It also tracks each journey down to which streets I took  :scare:. Luckily for me a coworker has a different car and isn't getting on with it so I'm swapping in the morning. This one has no app!  :drinks:

Offline Stalinator

Just checked my phone history and it has both the Frankfurt walkups in the location history.  :thumbsdown:

Offline MrMatrix

Can you track android phones in the same way as the i phones.

oring123

Offline anonyorks

Yes you can. I'm on android and found out about it. My phone had the time and date of every punt plus where I had made in the last 6 months in google maps history. EG on the 19th of June I went to x then came home. It is now firmly switched off.

Offline Stalinator

You need to go into your google account and disable tracking there.