Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Is it safe to give my address to Adultworks to buy credits?  (Read 4760 times)

Offline Clanger

I want to buy £5 or £10 credits for Adultworks, but they don't just ask for your credit card number, you also have to provide your home address. I'm wary of giving out personal information that could cause me trouble.

Offline cueball

I'm a nervous tech dinosaur, so, I wouldn't

raylondoner

Your bank may not accept the charge without account number details, even then visa may ask for additional p/w info.

vw

I want to buy £5 or £10 credits for Adultworks, but they don't just ask for your credit card number, you also have to provide your home address. I'm wary of giving out personal information that could cause me trouble.
Pay by text or set up a PG scam

Offline smiths

Check out UKash as it might suit you. I have a principle when trying to locate WGs on A/W, I wont pay a penny in credits for any reason, I most certainly wouldn't trust A/W as in my view they are a bunch of scumbags. I stick to WGs with displayed phone numbers but know that doesn't suit some punters.

Offline Roth

I'm a nervous tech dinosaur, so, I wouldn't

The less AW know about you the better.   :scare:

Just look what some insider cunt is doing with Ashley Madison personal data.  :scare: :scare:

Offline smiths

Just look what some insider cunt is doing with Ashley Madison personal data.  :scare: :scare:

Yes excellent point. :thumbsup:

Offline NIK

I have done so many times without any problems.
I probably will never do so again though. Not for reasons of paranoia, but because it's a bloody waste of money!  :mad:

Offline anyfucker

+1

Offline Roth

I probably will never do so again though. Not for reasons of paranoia, but because it's a bloody waste of money!  :mad:

Fair one but you put your trust in them.  :unknown: Fine if your single and your mates know you punt but a real bummer if you are married with a family and some unhappy worker decides to nick your personal data and out you as is happening supposedly with Ashley Madison.  :scare:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Same here ------------------ I can't remember them asking for my address though.    :unknown:

Offline temudjin

Ukash all the way!

A lot of local shops do it now. Just go in pay them however much in credits you want, click Ukash option on AW and type the code on the receipt into the box.  :hi:

Offline smiths

Ukash all the way!

A lot of local shops do it now. Just go in pay them however much in credits you want, click Ukash option on AW and type the code on the receipt into the box.  :hi:

Yes that's the safest option in my view.

Offline Marmalade

Same here ------------------ I can't remember them asking for my address though.    :unknown:

Me neither. Is this something new?

Offline Jimmyredcab

Me neither. Is this something new?

Could be ---------------------- I have never had a problem using my card, Adultwork are earning a fortune without the need to mess around with card fraud.     :hi: :hi:

Offline Clanger

Could be ---------------------- I have never had a problem using my card, Adultwork are earning a fortune without the need to mess around with card fraud.     :hi: :hi:

In the payment section, on the left it says "credit card details" and on the right it says "customer details". It rejects payment if you don't fill it in. Darn it, I'll have to go back into town and get a UKash (now PaySafe) voucher.

Offline Marmalade

In the payment section, on the left it says "credit card details" and on the right it says "customer details". It rejects payment if you don't fill it in. Darn it, I'll have to go back into town and get a UKash (now PaySafe) voucher.

Is that on an AW page or the clearing house that it redirects you to?

Offline Clanger

Is that on an AW page or the clearing house that it redirects you to?

Ah, good point. It's "emerchantpay.com". I guess it's safe, and I could have saved myself a cycle ride. Thinking about it, I guess it's because no physical product is being sent and  normally I would be giving my shipping/billing address. Oh well, better to have a little paranoia than to make a mistake and regret it later.

Offline Steely Dan

Cards now also check post code number. So if you want to do card but want to lie, you could try the right numbers in postcode but make up other stuff. Depends on place if this will work or not.  Thus if you are RE2 2AB say RE2 2EE and a made up street.  Also if use card use a payg one. Agree UKash just providing a choice.

Offline claretandblue

I have bought awork credits in the past so they will have my address details, do you reckon it's possible to delete the card details I have given awork somehow or is that a futile exercise?

Offline anonyorks

Join click and buy and get click and buy vouchers with cash from your local shop (they work in a similar way to phone top up vouchers). That's how I top up on AW credits, no trace.

Offline Marmalade

I have bought awork credits in the past so they will have my address details, do you reckon it's possible to delete the card details I have given awork somehow or is that a futile exercise?

They probably don't store your card details, just set up an account with the card clearance house. Someone else might have more info.

vw

They probably don't store your card details, just set up an account with the card clearance house. Someone else might have more info.
Think first time you use a card it needs the address to validate through EPOC system, some sore of age validation/payment system.  Its probably asking you in an iframe so net even adultwork asking you.

charming_red

Get a UKASH voucher. A lot of petrol stations do them.

You pay by cash and theres no trail left behind.

I wouldn't ever give credit card details to AWank.

Offline The_Don

UKASH is very easy, no details required.

Buy > Add > Use  :)

JupitersBurning

Does anyone know how to remove credit card details from AW? I've been trawling through but can't find anything on it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:09:39 pm by JupitersBurning »

Offline Clanger

Does anyone know how to remove credit card details from AW? I've been trawling through but can't find anything on it.

I think Marmalade is right. The details are given to the money-processing service so AdultWorks don't have those details.

btw, if anyone has UKASH credit left, spend it or exchange it now! UKASH vouchers will no longer be valid after August.

Offline tictacs

I've done it before. Hope it's safe but too late for me if it isn't!

JupitersBurning

I think Marmalade is right. The details are given to the money-processing service so AdultWorks don't have those details.

btw, if anyone has UKASH credit left, spend it or exchange it now! UKASH vouchers will no longer be valid after August.

I emailed AW to check, yours is basically a succinct version of their email. Although they were also banging on about money laundering and needing to know who they were dealing with.

Offline claretandblue

I emailed AW to check, yours is basically a succinct version of their email. Although they were also banging on about money laundering and needing to know who they were dealing with.
good to know,,thanks

Offline CheeseYa

When did they announce this?!

As I see that they still have the option to purchase credits using UKash External Link/Members Only and my Credit Statement has no expiration warning  :unknown:

vw

When did they announce this?!

As I see that they still have the option to purchase credits using UKash External Link/Members Only and my Credit Statement has no expiration warning  :unknown:

Looks like they are changing their name External Link/Members Only

Offline CheeseYa

Looks like they are changing their name External Link/Members Only

Ah cheers for the link.

UKash ends on the 31st of October but I assume any credits I've already purchased on AW will continue to be valid.
Please remember: Ukash will only be available in Great Britain until 31/08/2015 and may only be used until 31/10/2015.

Hopefully this paysafecard doesn't charge lots of fees like the last prepay credit card I used.

vw

I assume any credits I've already purchased on AW will continue to be valid.
Your right to assume that, in the same way if you changed credit card the credits would still be paid for on aW.

Offline temudjin

my paysafecard also lets your pay by simply entering your username and password.

I'm not sure what details you need to give them to set up an account but it seems like (just like everything else) they want to take the anonymity away. Kind of takes away from the point of it don't you think?  :unknown:

I could be wrong....I only had a quick glance at it.

Offline Jeff_withpetersen

It's been pointed out several times on this thread now that AW don't get your name/address details - when you buy credits, it links through a card verification process that sits outside of AW. This is in keeping with the general e-commerce principle that the seller should only receive the information they 'need' to know about you, in this case nothing.

And I don't see how this is the same as ashley madison at all - in that example, people have willfully signed up to a site specifically designed for cheating on their partner. In the case of AW, even if someone were able to get your details (they can't), they don't know if you're single, married, open relationship, whatever and besides what are they going to do - print out a list of all your transactions, emails and feedback for every single member and send it addressed to 'the lady of the house' on the off-chance of causing shit? Publish it all online, where it could easily be just branded bullshit?

I think people are being over-paranoid here.

TheNewSeeker

I think people are being over-paranoid here.

No they're not.

Despite AW using an external portal for online payments, customer details, including full name on credit cards will be returned to AW servers, and in all likelihood saved on the AW database. Most ecommerce sites which use outsourced card handling will do this. I used to do this and its completely legal! When AW state they need to keep track of money launderers, they probably mean, they keep card details.

So, if AW got hacked, you'd be in far worse trouble than with AshMad debacle. And do not doubt AW is a target for the hacker community. Fortunately AW will know this, and be on their guard.

But you're far safer never, ever, using a card with your real name. Best bet on AW is SafePayCard.

Offline lostandfound

Zero chance of me using anything other than anon payment with AW. AM was an example of just how much an adult site cared about customer privacy. They should care because a breach could destroy their business overnight. But do I trust them to care, and be competent? No way! Thankfully paysafecard is readily available.

Offline bigjohn1987

when you use your cc, on your statement it says Adultwork.com  :(

Offline Marmalade

As CitizenFour pointed out, when it comes to online security, you have to balance the hassle you are willing to go to against a) how much you need or want to use that service, and b) what would be the consequences for you personally if security went astray. The answer will probably be different for everyone.

For instance, say you are punting in America, which is probably illegal, and you use a VPN to protect your emails; but then you are only 'half' protected if the other end doesn't use a VPN. Or even if she did you realise some VPNs keep logs so you could in theory be traced. So instead you use one of the commonly used referral services to keep your data secure and verify you to the prossie (as is frequently required). But then what if the referral service got hacked?

There is no such thing as total enduring online security. When Edward Snowden leaked the extent of government tapping of private data, he used the highest level of security possible to communicate with Laura Poitras, the investigative journalist who made the movie (and bear in mind that such things were his speciality); yet he himself predicted how long he would have before he was tracked.

For me, the hassle and penalty if caught punting in America is not worth it. The only time I think it's ok is down the hood where there's no checks and the warning systems are good enough mostly to stop you getting busted (added to the fact that the police don't really give a shit cos there's worse stuff to worry their sorry ass than some some damn prossie and her john). But for a nice civilised shag in nicer surroundings I'd rather jump a plane ticket than run the gauntlet and paying big bucks into the bargain.

You have to think, if AW got hacked, what would the hacker do with it? If your name's Prince Philip that's big time baby, but if it's Joe Blogs what Sunday Paper's gonna pay for that? Not meaning it csnt happen but get realistic over possible consequences and what it means to you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:12:26 pm by Marmalade »

Offline lostandfound

You have to think, if AW got hacked, what would the hacker do with it? If your name's Prince Philip that's big time baby, but if it's Joe Blogs what Sunday Paper's gonna pay for that? Not meaning it csnt happen but get realistic over possible consequences and what it means to you.

They could make it available online for anyone to look at. Didn't something like that happen with the AM data?

I listened to a broadcast about the hack, and a security expert being interviewed was pretty sure it was an inside job - suggested most likely a disgruntled employee, who presumably succeeded in wrecking their business. By the by it did expose what shits those running AM were. Something like 90% of the "women looking for men" messages were put there by AM themselves.

TheNewSeeker

. . . if AW got hacked, what would the hacker do with it? If your name's Prince Philip that's big time baby, but if it's Joe Blogs what Sunday Paper's gonna pay for that? Not meaning it cant happen but get realistic over possible consequences and what it means to you.

Fair points but, as LAF intimates, you do not really know where stolen data ends up, and you will never know when and how the leak will rear its ugly head and impact on your life. In other words it's more than difficult to get realistic over the impact, unless, as some have stated, they do not care who knows what they do, and will never care.

THe best bet is to not let AW have personal details. Use a punter phone, email account and safepaycard.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:55:00 pm by TheNewSeeker »