Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: UK Punting Podcast - Forum Posts being read  (Read 4092 times)

Heston

I listen to a few podcasts, one of them is Lou reads.  An American who reads bizarre and amusing posts from strange and weird forums.  He's usually quite funny but I was surprised to see he's reading posts from Ukpunting on his latest show.  Might be worth a listen.

Offline Turtle Z

I thought this post would be better with a link...

External Link/Members Only

fredpunter

That book he's advertising for $16 looks good value  :cool:

Offline Turtle Z

:drinks:

I got a mention though he called me Turtle Zee, completely missing the pun.

Offline PLeisure

I fully expected him to read my handle out the American way, ie. P+Leeshure, but he went with Pleasure. The portmanteau is deliberate, so could have gone either way, I guess  :cool:

He chose some fun ones - hope he revisits the forum again. Good spot, OP.

Offline NIK

Great find this. Great publicity for UKP and even for my book.  :yahoo:
Some of the posts sound really funny read out loud and even funnier with some of the British vernacular spoken with an American accent. Seems peculiar even hearing the word 'bloke' spoken by a yank. Also amusing when he had to 'translate' some of the references.

However does he make a living from this?  :unknown:

fredpunter

The commissions he gets every time someone buys your book VIA his site  :thumbsup:

Offline NIK

The commissions he gets every time someone buys your book VIA his site  :thumbsup:

That will be a big fat zero then.   :D

LL

That was funny to listen to. I particularly liked James Rockford's review.
Do you think the presenter was making fun of us? :D

Offline rthunderbird

That was funny to listen to. I particularly liked James Rockford's review.
Do you think the presenter was making fun of us? :D

Who cares? If you can't laugh at yourself then what can you laugh at?

Offline Cuntminion

"Teeth, you like teeth!!!"

:lol:

Offline rthunderbird

Just finished listening to it, that was hilarious. Although if the guy ever comes back to the forum and reads this, I must point out to you that punting in the UK is different to Amsterdam. You get a lifeless effective sex doll in Amsterdam whereas here you can actually get a very good service. Hell sometimes they might even enjoy it. So its definitely not the same thing, but you have to take the good experiences with the bad experiences I suppose.

Offline Cuntminion

I gave up after 15 mins will listen to rest later

vw

Funny as fuck, love it.  Thinking of using a text reader on here in future !

spkmstr48

Likewise and FTAOD it's Spunkmaster not Spankmaster. Although lately he could have a point

Rolling around laughing emoticon

Chuckman

I thought this post would be better with a link...

External Link/Members Only

Thanks for the link. Will download it for my MP3 player.

Offline DanDingle

Just listened and it's hilarious - partly down to Lou and his selection of material but more so the outstanding work of the UKP members. Am now off to read all of James Rockfords reviews  :thumbsup:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I cannot make it work, I am curious, any HP reviews in there? thanks

yorkshire123

Unfortunately not, I did get the impression that he couldn't believe what he was reading.
I only wish he would have mentioned more of Frank's cracking comments (other than the you will want to bum me one) as they would have had him sniggering like a schoolboy.

Aspen

Just go to the link and hit play. I couldn't get it to download, and no there weren't any HP reviews. He picked a couple of awful ones and was amused by the graphic and creative descriptions, and the responses.

I thought he sounded much like the late and great Frank Zappa and how he would have reacted to seeing the same stuff. Maybe he's from Maryland as well, the voice and accent are so similar.

Some of his interpretations brought in a new dimension and were quite funny. For example he seized on the term "hobbyist" and related it to people who are keen on model train sets - he would not be able to think of them in the same way again ~ or words to that effect.

Kinda shows what a crazy world we live in and how people who are logical in the way they seek and find outlets for their feelings and interests appear totally bizarre to the rest of the population.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:26:05 pm by Aspen »

LL

I've never liked the term hobbyist. I haven't ever heard it used here anyway. That was terminology used by the Mac-wearing creeps on the other forum.
Also some of the things the narrator picked up on as odd things to say or ask, I also picked up on as odd, even as a punter. For example the guy who claimed it was unlikely he would catch herpes even if the WG had open sores. Another point, when laughing at his favourite post - another guy asking, "why won't she look at me?!".

Yes the descriptions we use are fairly graphic and I think we all just kind of get used to that. Perhaps for people reading reviews here for the first time they might be a little taken back about how graphic we can be.

More than that I think the narrator was perhaps surprised to find such very well written reviews here, particularly the review from James Rockford which was thoroughly entertaining too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:55:12 am by LL »

jimbobwood

This was hilarious! It's amazing how much bullshit we come up.  :lol:

This forum has always been good value. There is so much content here you can deconstruct. Hopefully this guy makes a few more audios.

jimbobwood

I've never liked the term hobbyist.

First time I've heard this term for punting! :D

I've always thought a hobbyist was a trainspotter, modelmaker, arts and crafts - not fucking prossies.

Punter is closer to the truth, gambling on prossies. I don't like the american term "John".

Offline Dime

Out of interest, I decided to listen to it, and of course who's post does he pick as his first? Mine!  :unknown:  I do get the impression he was a little taken aback by some of the posts though.  "Cos you is fugly".  :lol:

Offline Juankerr

This is hilarious to listen to :lol: Great find  :hi:

Offline LanceVance

I liked the podcast quite a bit. It did show how peculiar punting and punters can be at times. People say that I can be a bit odd and I am sure I am not the only one on this forum that can be said about. The topics raised in the podcast brought that into focus in a really funny way. I loved that he couldn't help but go 'eww' at the thought of JamesRockford's damp towel in his review. I hope he revisits us at some point, the podcast was really entertaining.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
"Quote unquote a rude nobhead". Good to see the puntingwiki guides getting mentioned. I can see how if someone listened to the podcast it would put them off for life.

Offline SamLP

Who else thinks he's punted before but doesn't want to admit to it?  :D

LL

Who else thinks he's punted before but doesn't want to admit to it?  :D
Well he spoke fondly of the whores of Amsterdam and clearly had experience of the red light district there but he only visited for the journalistic research opportunity surely ;)

OldAdmin

I note an increase of new members (and posters) from USA since this thread about the podcast.
Mainly in the London section and asking for info.

LL

I note an increase of new members (and posters) from USA since this thread about the podcast.
Mainly in the London section and asking for info.

They come out with funny phrases like, "monging" and to them all punters are called John!

Offline PLeisure

They come out with funny phrases like, "monging" and to them all punters are called John!
WTH is "monging"  :lol:

Maybe they've confused it with mingin' 

spkmstr48

WTH is "monging"  :lol:

Maybe they've confused it with mingin'

Think that should be "mongering" as in pussy mongering.

:drinks: :diablo: :lol:

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Well he spoke fondly of the whores of Amsterdam and clearly had experience of the red light district there but he only visited for the journalistic research opportunity surely ;)
You don;t stumble upon this site by accident.

Offline NIK

You don;t stumble upon this site by accident.

Someone once asked me how I found it.   :rolleyes:

fredpunter

Buggered if I can remember how I found it .... don't suppose I'm alone in that.

Offline cueball

Just had a listen, hilarious, hearing our nics with an American accent ha ha