Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Planning a Thailand holiday, help required...  (Read 3448 times)

Monmouth

I fancy a trip to Thailand but don't know the best way to go about it, do you book a package with one of the main tour operators or do you book your own flights, hotel and transfers?

Offline Jerboa

If you want to pay through the nose book a package, from my first trip to Los I just got a flight and didn't book a hotel, in this day of the internet there is no need to use a tour agent, where are you planning on going and how long you will be in country?

Offline Jimmyredcab

No, you don't book a package.
I would normally book my flight first and then start to sort out hotels, the advantage is that you can choose your flight times and are not restricted to 7 or 14 nights.
Transfers are not a problem, taxis are very cheap in Thailand.
My favourite booking site is Expedia, I have just booked a trip to America at a very good rate.
You can also check out hotels on Trivago.
Don't change up any currency in the UK, the banks are open 24/7 at Bangkok airport.

almc

Where you going? Maybe someone could give you a heads up.
I never book a hotel when going to Thailand, I arrive and have a regular hotel I use, Thailand can change fast and construction could be right outside your window, ask to see the room b4 you part with money and have a scout around to make sure your happy. if your arriving late book for one night and take it from there, you should also ask for a discount if your happy, most will give you a free night if your booking 10 to 14 nights. Also security box access, is it secure? is it in the lobby and are the hinges visible on the outside? Do they charge for ladies staying overnight? Is there a night watchman?

Offline Uniformad

Just book a flight and sort the rest out when your there, if you have specific questions on hotels, locations etc post and I will try to answer. In my view it's a place everyone should visit even though it's rising in cost and not the same as years ago it's still the best place on the planet for a filthy holiday

Offline Marmalade

Bangkok is indeed pretty plug-and-play but in case the OP is completely new to long haul asian 3rd world it's probably worth suggesting have at least a short list of hotels grubbed from Lonely Planet or something before you go. If your taxi driver tells you its awful and wants to show you a better one, firmly insist he does not (a common con trick: you will be ripped off if you believe it). On the other hand if you are an experienced traveller and just turn up with a backpack, then by all means just head for your RLD of choice and walk around till you see a room you like at a price you like, which is basically what I do, though I rarely bother with Thailand these days if I can help it. To borrow Jimmy's immortal phrase, "they all look like they've been whacked in the face with a wok." (Not that that stops him going back again and again.) You practically need a DNA test-kit to tell them apart sometimes (though that might be handy for avoiding ladyboys duh). Don't forget to do all the main tourist stuff as well -- all pretty spectacular. And if you have enough of the fumes and crowds, jump on a bus to Pattaya or further, or a plane to anywhere else (there's lots of good punting locations within an hour or so flight).

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just book a flight and sort the rest out when your there.

Bad advice for a Newbie.   :thumbsdown:

You will be very tired on arrival plus you will have no idea where to head for.

Book a room for the first couple of nights at least, if you are not happy with the room you can then shop around for something better, there are hotels for all budgets from £10 to £100 a night.   :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

To borrow Jimmy's immortal phrase, "they all look like they've been whacked in the face with a wok." (Not that that stops him going back again and again.)

I will give you the same challenge that I have given many others ----------

Find me a clip on You-Tube that shows beautiful girls in Pattaya.

Most are rough old dogs, not all obviously.     :hi: :hi:

Offline Jerboa

The OP hasn't logged in since he started this thread, if he wants some advice then maybe he should return.

Offline Uniformad

I will give you the same challenge that I have given many others ----------

Find me a clip on You-Tube that shows beautiful girls in Pattaya.

Most are rough old dogs, not all obviously.     :hi: :hi:

Granted you may struggle to find video clips but I have had many stunners, more pricey form gogo bars but there about and if you learn a little thai that also gets a much better service in my humble opinion

Offline Jimmyredcab

Granted you may struggle to find video clips but I have had many stunners, more pricey form gogo bars but there about and if you learn a little thai that also gets a much better service in my humble opinion

With the utmost respect, your idea of a stunner may be slightly different to mine, even Go-Go girls are ugly bitches once they wash off the makeup.    :hi:

Offline Uniformad

With the utmost respect, your idea of a stunner may be slightly different to mine, even Go-Go girls are ugly bitches once they wash off the makeup.    :hi:

As with every girl thai, english, American it's all down to who personal choice.

I agree with you there are a lot of ruff and average gogo bar girls.

Offline Uniformad

As with every girl thai, english, American it's all down to  personal choice.

I agree with you there are a lot of ruff and average gogo bar girls.

Offline Marmalade

Prostitutes look so much better in artificial light. I remember in the days of safe SW pickups in Glasgow (many many years back), you could find a tolerable looking prossie on the edge of Blytheswood Square one evening and walk back to your car with her without it feeling like a complete walk of shame. Do the same thing in daylight down near the Meadows and People's Palace and you'd look around like she wasn't with you.

It's not that all prossies are ugly. An awful lot are just very average in the looks department. In civvy street, what makes a girl attractive owes a great deal to her interests in life, the way she talks, her body language, sparkling personality, taste in clothing, hair, make-up, music and other people, and the things and people that she cares about.

Such things quickly become atrophied in prossies. As they do in wives that have "given up hope", career schemies and long-term jobless. They have little joy left for anyone including themselves so they fake it. A prostitute sells her fanny (or "rents" it). Which at least is offering a service. If she puts what heart and soul that she can into providing a good service she may achieve a sense of self-worth through doing her job well, for herself and others, over and above financial reward.

Anyone can do this. Even a shelf-stacker in Poundland. I've sometimes watched such people enjoying stacking a shelf faster, more efficiently,  better than might be required and take my hat off to them. Or a bartender who polishes everything behind the bar in odd moments, getting all the beer bottles facing the same way and unused glasses sparkling. He/she has a genuine love-for-oneself as a good human being with enough left over to give a genuine warm smile to the next person that works in, relate personally rather than mechanically, and pour a pint with skill.

Compare that to most prossies and no, they don't give a shit. Being ugly is just part and parcel of not having a fucking life, and not necessarily the cause.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:15:14 pm by Marmalade »

Offline Marmalade

Last day of the KLM sale (so they say). Bangkok £399 including taxes.

Offline Jerboa

Last day of the KLM sale (so they say). Bangkok £399 including taxes.

That a good price, as Klm is usually pricey, I got Emirates for 430.

bigone

Just booked again
Thai air 474 direct
Never seen it this cheap for direct flight

Offline Bangers and Gash

Just booked again
Thai air 474 direct

Are their planes staffed by cute little Thai women?

If so then I'd have to keep the table down for the duration of the flight.  :blush:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just booked again
Thai air 474 direct

It is no longer peak season, you can't get cheap flights in Jan/Feb.

Don't forget your umbrella.     :hi:

Offline Bangers and Gash

It is no longer peak season, you can't get cheap flights in Jan/Feb.

Ah... so that'll be why my flight dates are around £740.

Offline Jerboa

Just booked again
Thai air 474 direct

That is cheap as chips, especially with Thai, when are you going? 6 days till wheels up for me.  :dance:

Offline Marmalade

Fuck me, a holiday in Thailand is plug-n-play ffs. Go on Skyscanner, insert credit card, drink free booze on plane, shag prostitutes, come home happy.

Offline Jerboa

Fuck me, a holiday in Thailand is plug-n-play ffs. Go on Skyscanner, insert credit card, drink free booze on plane, shag prostitutes, come home happy.

Yes but before you go read up to date info, especially if you're a newbie, so you don't get ripped off.

Offline Marmalade

Yes but before you go read up to date info, especially if you're a newbie, so you don't get ripped off.
Indeed. And I think I said a similar thing earlier in the thread. Yet the thread is still going. A bit like someone who asks advice on a punt and then keeps coming back to ask more advice instead of getting on with it. So I think, all part of the initiation.

Monmouth

Thanks for the info, can you suggest some cheap but not too grubby hotels in Pattaya?

Offline Jerboa

Thanks for the info, can you suggest some cheap but not too grubby hotels in Pattaya?

Welcome back, after posting this thread two weeks ago you return, I thought you got lost  :drinks: Yes I know plenty of cheap and un-grubby hotels, where in Thailand do you want to go?

Offline Marmalade

Whynot just get grubby. Have you booked a ticket yet or just using the forum to think out loud. No harm in that. But there are endless threads of 'wondering' and it would be nice to know how far you've got (if anywhere).

bigone

Offline Marmalade

Trivago I think is quite good. The first two I mostly use are Skyscanner and Kayak. I run those two first for the cheapest price. They offer all sorts of options for dates, times, cheap vs convenient and also compare prices over say a week of different departure dates. Once you've got the best price, note the flight details. Now you know the exact flight you are looking for, you can try to book for the same price direct with the airline and this has advantages.

You can also set up email alerts for when a route becomes available below a certain price. If a flight looks expensive and is not a direct flight, check the price of the individual flights (this can save up to 100% occasionally).

For dedicated hackers or those that like the comfort of booking through a local travel agent, you can try the matrix/amadeus software by google, free online, which will give an exact print-out of all the techie stuff you can plonk on the agent's desk (it's the software that feeds them their prices). An agent can sometimes help with things like, is there enough time to change planes between two flights.

Offline driver

monmondo is good like skyscanner for flights.

And for hotels hard to beat hotelscombined.com and for apartments airbnb.com

Offline Jerboa

The OP asks a question, then disappears again, pointless answering his questions if he can't be bothered to reply here, shame as I'm in Los right now.

Offline Uniformad

shame as I'm in Los right now.
[/quote]

How I wish I was there now, I need to return soon..

Offline Marmalade

I smile every time i look at the thread. "Help" required for a shag in Thailand reminds me of a Monty Python sketch where someone asks how to insert a penis in a vagina.  :rolleyes: :D

Marmite

There is some very helpful high quality information on this thread for anybody wishing to source competitively priced flights and accommodation.

I have been visiting Thailand for many years through work and for pleasure.   I would advise anybody going there for the first time to do some tourist type stuff there is lot more to the LoS than bars and girls, it is a fascinating country.    A smile and good manners are useful assets in any foreign country but it is especially true in Thailand.     

Here's a link to a site I have found most useful over many years.

External Link/Members Only