Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand average cost for a week?  (Read 5337 times)

Ben4454

Currently planning a week holiday to Thailand in about 6 months time. Wondered what you guys thought the cost would be for everything on average for those have been to Thailand. I have been doing some research and pattaya looks like a destination that would suit my tastes. I am not looking for actual hotels or clubs to go to  (will be included in my research) but just a simple price template of what you guys paid when you went out there.

Looking to stay in a 3 star hotel and planning to party every single night. Planning to punt every single day with a variation of short times and long times. I heard some danger stories about beach girls so will be sticking to thai bar girls, go go girls and BJ clubs. Food wise looking to dine pretty average and plan on buying bottled water instead of drinking the water. Not interested in visiting bangkok but probably will stay in Pattaya. Transportation wise will be using taxi's.  Entertainment wise will be indulging in shopping trips at least once and doing random fun stuff in pattaya.

What do you guys template for a average cost for that type of holiday including flights and insurance ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:43:38 pm by Ben4454 »

JV547845

Offline mrx007

If you're going for a week fly direct with a decent airline like Thai or Eva Air (both That national airlines that fly direct). Otherwise you'll be wasting time on connecting flights.

At the moment you can fly via Dubai or somewhere for £450 or less while direct with Thai Airways is over £600 but it's worth it for the time saved and because they are a great airline.

So even with a £600 flight £900 hotel and spending money goes a long way over there. BTW I've been to Thailand a few times but I'm not a real punter over there - just experienced BJ bars for their appeal and keen to visit Dr BJs!

Gregorysboy

Ben, its a 12 hour flight even direct to Bangkok so don't even consider going round the houses.You'll be fucked when you get there so consider staying a couple of days in BK and then move on to Patts but use the Bell bus service. A week is not long enough so I would do a minimum of 10 days. Choose EVA air who are Taiwanese not Thai. Research the time of year you go as it makes a big difference to the weather and accordingly the prices. They only have 3 seasons. Best time December-February in my view. The country is in the control of the Army atm. Oddly, many Thais prefer this to a (corrupt) democracy. The Army has been active in Patts in the past few weeks shutting down certain of the seedier joints but it will take them years to make any real impact. I saw no evidence of it in BK. With respect to one of the previous posters, £1500 is not really enough to indulge all your proposed activities. Current standard rates for a short time bar girl is 2000 tbt, a touch proud of £40, plus the bar fine which varies. You can still eat very cheaply but the drinks prices are creeping up. Certainly if you go for 10 rather than 7 days you're going to need a budget of more like £2500 I would have thought.

Before Jimmy comes on and tells you that it's all a pile of crock there are is still the odd beauty although the general standard is pretty poor. Bangkok is better in my view.  Some of the GO Go girls are real crackers and the odd freelancer is worth it. Enjoy your trip.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Impossible to give you an estimate on cost because everyone is different, for example you can get a meal for £2 or £20 depending where you eat, some people drink all day and night which is not really cheap for a third world country, a small bottle of local beer is £2 in the main tourist areas.
Same thing with hotels, you can pay anything from £10 a night to £100 a night. To shag the girls you are looking at £20 upwards depending where you find the girl, beerbars are the cheapest option, GoGo bars are the dearest, bear in mind you have to pay a "barfine" to take the girl out of the bar (£6-£12).
The flight should cost around £600 for a direct flight, slightly less if you stopover in the middle east.
In my opinion 7 days is simply not enough especially if your flight lands on the evening of day 1, you should try to aim for at least 10 days but preferably 14 days which would give you a chance to see Bangkok for a few nights.
There are tens of thousands of prostitutes in Pattaya but the vast majority are rough as old boots, please don't take my word for it, go to You-Tube and type in "Pattaya bar girls" ----------- then decide for yourself.

Ben4454

Very much appreciate the advice. The quality of girls is something that is a high priority for me so I may take note of those who know and consider not going to Thailand.

Where do you guys suggest is the best punting location in Europe? I have heard Madrid and Germany are quite good locations.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:49:52 pm by Ben4454 »

Offline george r

its along way to go for just a week . ten days or two weeks would be better .

west8

£1,000 or £1,500 can buy anything from 8-15 top punts here in London.

So other than the sunshine and the cheap beer, what exactly is the point of trekking to Thailand and all the uncertainty that involves?

Not having a go, just wondering as I'm a huge admirer of Thai women myself. Are there really more attractive bar girls than the likes of Patsy, Mercedes, Sylvia, etc and the other Thai agency gems in London?

Offline Vivago

So other than the sunshine and the cheap beer, what exactly is the point of trekking to Thailand and all the uncertainty that involves?

Its a great holiday. Sun, sea, great food and drink and all the cheap pussy you want. All in one place. But I'd never make the long trip out there from UK for anything less than 2 weeks although I believe that it has become a quite popular destination for stag weekends.
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Jerboa

Can you only get away for one week? As the others have said, it's a long way to go, still doable though, yes try to get a direct flight to save you precious time, EVA have some decent prices right now, yes stick to Pattaya, no point going to Bkk for a couple of days with only 6-7 days.
Budget wise, how long is a piece of string? Some guys drink like fish everyday, only eat in expensive farang restaurant and book 2000bht a night hotel rooms, as a newbie also you will more than likely spend more on things, just because you are unsure of the ropes, if you like to drink in the bars and gogos, eat western food and BF gogo dancers your budget will need to be higher, better to take more cash than you need, say 10,000 baht a day including hotel, You probably won't spend that much everyday, but then no worry about counting every 5 baht. I can get a clean AC room for 500-800 a night.  :thumbsup:

Ben4454

£1,000 or £1,500 can buy anything from 8-15 top punts here in London.

Not having a go, just wondering as I'm a huge admirer of Thai women myself. Are there really more attractive bar girls than the likes of Patsy, Mercedes, Sylvia, etc and the other Thai agency gems in London?

Yeah I have thought about this actually but I am not going just for a punt I am looking for to be a bit of a holiday as well. I decided I am going to go to Frankfurt Germany instead and just punt everyday.

Offline bbj1980

you will love frankfurt

Been twice, not done Thailand myself yet. Got a gf now and cant make an excuse to go

Ben4454

After doing some research OASE and THE PALACE FKK clubs will be on the list of places to visit. Might go to a few parlours as well. I would say it is going to be 65% a punting holiday and the rest sight-seeing and random adventuring.

Do you recommened any other parlours, FKK clubs or punting establishments around frankfurt? Agencies welcome to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:26:13 pm by Ben4454 »

west8

Wondering whether Stuttgart might be a better choice than Frankfurt .. for the Paradise club. :drinks:

Offline Jerboa

Yeah I have thought about this actually but I am not going just for a punt I am looking for to be a bit of a holiday as well. I decided I am going to go to Frankfurt Germany instead and just punt everyday.

What's made you change your mind about Thailand? Frankfurt is a good choice, but it's a total different experience than Patts, ok you won't have to spend £500 on a flight to get there, but costs will soon add up for hotels, food, club entry and a few pints a day.

Offline Jerboa

Wondering whether Stuttgart might be a better choice than Frankfurt .. for the Paradise club. :drinks:

Why? Because it's been on telly? Frankfurt is a better option than Stutgart imo.

west8

Why? Because it's been on telly? Frankfurt is a better option than Stutgart imo.

Never done the German brothel thing yet. Looks like a lot of fun though. Slightly deterred by the 15K guys the girl at Paradise claimed to have serviced in her short career, but we all know the reality is not a pretty one.

Offline Stickitin

I usually do about £150 a day in Patts...

Offline riskytimes

stick to Thailand much cheaper better assortment of girls and you can walk around all night choosing !!!! if going to Pattaya you MUST go to the soapy bath house choose a stunner and just let her do her thing on you !!!  I go to one on the last day of the trip so I can play it back over and over again on the plane in my mind lol !!

stay away from the beach freelancers too dodgy , try a night club they are packed with girls who work in shops and stores during the day but make a few quid at night and they are usually better dressed than a bar girl. there is nothing worse than finding a good bar girl and bar fining her to take her out for the evening when she is still in jean hot pants and a silly slogan t shirt. when they dress up thet dress up !

I cant wait for November for my next trip staying with my mate who lives there so cheaper for me but hey you can get a room for 6bht a night enjoy enjoy enjoy  :dance: 

Offline Nutsack

Pattaya has steadily got more expensive and IMHO the scene has declined somewhat, but i would still make the effort, nothing comes close to the first trip to Pattaya.

My last recent trip was my most expensive, budgeted 10k Bht per day which included nice hotel, food a short time most days and a gogo tart at night.

There is a good freelancer scene there now, discos/after hours bars that a lot of the younger guys go for, not my cup of tea but can work out considerably cheaper if it floats your boat.

Offline Stickitin

stick to Thailand much cheaper better assortment of girls and you can walk around all night choosing !!!! if going to Pattaya you MUST go to the soapy bath house choose a stunner and just let her do her thing on you !!!  I go to one on the last day of the trip so I can play it back over and over again on the plane in my mind lol !!

stay away from the beach freelancers too dodgy , try a night club they are packed with girls who work in shops and stores during the day but make a few quid at night and they are usually better dressed than a bar girl. there is nothing worse than finding a good bar girl and bar fining her to take her out for the evening when she is still in jean hot pants and a silly slogan t shirt. when they dress up thet dress up !

I cant wait for November for my next trip staying with my mate who lives there so cheaper for me but hey you can get a room for 6bht a night enjoy enjoy enjoy  :dance:

Meh I go clubbing all the time in Thailand and in most of the clubs in Patts especially are just mostly full of the same hookers or girls that only freelance the nightclubs, not too many shop workers there, if there are any they are still out hooking most nights so aren't any different to the full timers.

Need to go places like RCA/Route 66 in Bangkok to find 'normal' girls easier.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Need to go places like RCA/Route 66 in Bangkok to find 'normal' girls easier.

That option is only for guys who are young and good looking ------------------ most Thailand lovers are neither of those.   :hi:

Offline Stickitin

That option is only for guys who are young and good looking ------------------ most Thailand lovers are neither of those.   :hi:

Well that is partly true, but the boundaries are shifted from what is possible at home. I'm late 30's and can still get decent 20 something normal birds from the clubs, the best I would do at home is a slightly above average 30 yo probably  :mad:

Also for any young lads they don't need to be good looking at all, the fact they are white is generally enough as long as they aren't obese and hideous :D

The fact is everyone will get a better bird in Thailand than they would at home, I'm talking non hookers here.

Also there are tons of young lads in Thailand, they may be in the minority in Patts (even there the numbers are increasing), but go to other places like Phuket, Samui etc and they are possibly even in the majority.

Offline riskytimes

take the bus or train to Hui Hin they have a smaller bar scene but big enough to get lost in , also there is a dark side just other side of railway station where the punts are cheaper too. Hui Hin has a great beach and non of the masses that pattaya attract. you will love it im having 2 weeks there and 2 weeks in pattaya :thumbsup:

Ben4454

Decided on going to frankfurt for 3 days on a mega punting trip.

Bud$

Don't miss out on going to Devil's Den, LK Metro, while you're there. I averaged £600 a week last time I was there, just on 'spends' - stayed in a guest house (£380 for the month) and I ate well, mainly western food.

Ben4454

Thanks for the future reference. I might go to thailand next year.

Offline stevecsm

Guys

Only saw this thread when looking for something else but here is a link to an article i did for the stickman column on the relative costs of Bangkok Vs a staycation. Just a rough guide but Bangkok still has a lot to offer!

External Link/Members Only

Offline Bangers and Gash

I was looking at Pattaya holidays earlier tonight and saw 10 nights + direct flights in early March for around £700 odd quid, staying at a Flipper Lodge type hotel.

I realise the veterans can do it cheaper by rocking-up and going door-to-door, but it doesn't sound too bad for a newbie who likes a bit of comfort.

:hi:

Offline Vivago

I was looking at Pattaya holidays earlier tonight and saw 10 nights + direct flights in early March for around £700 odd quid, staying at a Flipper Lodge type hotel.

I realise the veterans can do it cheaper by rocking-up and going door-to-door, but it doesn't sound too bad for a newbie who likes a bit of comfort.

:hi:

Its a good deal particularly if the direct flight is with BA to Bangkok Airport. From there, I imagine, you would then be transferred by minibus to your Pattaya hotel. If I were you, before booking, I would check on the exact location of the hotel otherwise you might find yourself in Jomtien or somewhere up near Sukhumvit Road and miles from where it happens.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Its a good deal particularly if the direct flight is with BA to Bangkok Airport.

Why does it have to be with BA.  :unknown:

You can also go direct with Eva Air or Thai International, there is very little difference, I have used all three.

£700 all in sounds very cheap to me, March is still high season, the flight alone should be £600+

Offline Vivago

Why does it have to be with BA.  :unknown:

You can also go direct with Eva Air or Thai International, there is very little difference, I have used all three.

£700 all in sounds very cheap to me, March is still high season, the flight alone should be £600+

I've just checked on Skyscanner for random dates in March and their are some excellent deals on direct return flights.

EVA    £451
BA      £459
Thai    £461

So £700 for a package including transfer and a budget hotel is about right.

Offline Jerboa

Agree 700 squid is good price for 10 nights and flight, as accommodation can be 10 to 20 quid a night for average but decent room. But before booking you need to do homework on whether its guest friendly, most hotels in Patts obviously are, but there are a few that are aimed at families, so you might get daggers off the old trouts when you go breakfast with a hot 21 yr old hooker, also location is important, as long as it's close to the beach road 2nd road baht bus route, it will be easy access to most of Patts.

Bud$

Or try a guest house; no desk (security), take 2 girls back (some hotels charged extra for 2 'guests or don't allow it at all), big rooms, usually bedroom, shower and living room, often cooking facilities (cuts down on cost) and cheaper - e.g. £350 - 380 for one month in low season, not that you have to stay for a month.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Or try a guest house; no desk (security), take 2 girls back (some hotels charged extra for 2 'guests or don't allow it at all), big rooms, usually bedroom, shower and living room, often cooking facilities (cuts down on cost) and cheaper - e.g. £350 - 380 for one month in low season, not that you have to stay for a month.

Are you serious, if my budget was that tight I would rather stay at home.  :thumbsdown:

Bud$

"Wondered what you guys thought the cost would be for everything on average for those have been to Thailand.
Looking to stay in a 3 star hotel. I heard some danger stories about beach girls so will be sticking to thai bar girls, go go girls and BJ clubs. Food wise looking to dine pretty average and plan on buying bottled water instead of drinking the water. Entertainment wise will be indulging in shopping trips at least once and doing random fun stuff in Pattaya." Ben

Ha! Nice one - I was replying specifically to Ben's post, namely the above points he makes. A 3 star hotel isn't any better than a good guest house, actually worse, facility-wise. I like to keep as much money aside as possible for having fun. You can find some good BR girls, Ben. Pattaya is an ever changing town. I've been 8 times and usually stay for a month and have seen a shift in standard of girls/experience. Last time I took back 1 BG (not very good), picked up another in a club (off her head), none from Go-Go's, one from BR (pretty good), 3 Devil's Den 'experiences' (amazing) and several, maybe 10, from Massage shops - I negotiated for them to come back to my room - 2 times, 2 at once - and they were top notch in attitude, services, cost-effectiveness and looks. Everyone's different though, but one of the reasons, I'm sure, was that I'd put plenty of dosh aside to be able to actually pay these girls more than they asked - unusual, I know, but because of that they were much, much better than they otherwise would have been. It's ALL about money in Patts, Ben.

Offline Jerboa

Are you serious, if my budget was that tight I would rather stay at home.  :thumbsdown:

Think about it Jimmy, 18k thb for a monthly rental, that's not scraping the barrel, it's sensible, bargirls for example might be paying 5-8k for a room.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Think about it Jimmy, 18k thb for a monthly rental, that's not scraping the barrel, it's sensible, bargirls for example might be paying 5-8k for a room.

This is what I was referring to  ------------

" often cooking facilities (cuts down on cost)"

You can buy street food for £2 or less.     :hi: :hi:

Offline Jerboa

This is what I was referring to  ------------

" often cooking facilities (cuts down on cost)"

You can buy street food for £2 or less.     :hi: :hi:

100 baht! You big spender, can get street food for 40 baht.

Hoolapatang

I will be in Pattaya in January, will be staying 5 nights only. Flight and hotel have cost me £750. I have budgeted for about 10000 bht per day. I know this is a lot but I always try to put in allowances for unforeseen circumstances. If anyone going to be in Pattaya between 9th and 14th Jan let me know, would be cool to hook up for drinks

Offline Jerboa

I will be in Pattaya in January, will be staying 5 nights only. Flight and hotel have cost me £750. I have budgeted for about 10000 bht per day. I know this is a lot but I always try to put in allowances for unforeseen circumstances. If anyone going to be in Pattaya between 9th and 14th Jan let me know, would be cool to hook up for drinks

5 nights is so short, by the time you've blinked it's time to go home, 10k is a lot, but better to have to much than not enough, and obviously if you like a drink, and want several ST and a LT with gogo girls it will soon add up, have fun. I'm thinking about a return in February, not been in Feb for years, least it's cooler than May.

Offline Stickitin

You will have a blast on 10k a day mate, I usually do in the region of 6-8k most days with the odd one topping 10k  :wackogirl: