Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting Funds - how to keep them from prying eyes  (Read 6319 times)

DG

This thread is very much aimed at us married and attached guys, particulalry those like me with a joint bank account.

Given that this is an expensive hobby and I guess most of us aren't Premier League footballers, cash is limited. If I get a big bill in such as a car repair etc, it's noticeable and can affect our family monthly budget. Therefore I have to find a way to keep my punting fund under wraps.

My fairly crude technique is every time I get cash from an ATM or cash back at the supermarket, I syphon off £10 or £20 and put it in my secure location, I mean sock drawer.

Anyone got any better ideas? I thought about setting up another online bank account but there would still be a trace of monies going between account. This is one of only a few cash driven industries remaining after all...

Offline Jimmyredcab

Offline threechilliman

I'm in the same position OP. At our house we get through cash like no tomorrow, but atm visit means 20 for me. Then cashback when buying those bits of groceries through the week. Also buy stuff for work, 40 for me cashback. I'm also paid for a few things in cash, which is pure punting funds. I can easily divert £100 a week. Helps that we're not tight for cash as well. I sometimes wonder if Mrs tcm pays for sex the rate she fuckin spends it.

tcm

Offline cueball

Don't keep your punting fund in your sock drawer op, women are like blood hounds and smell twenty pounds notes at forty paces, open up a new back account, tell Mrs you are organising the lottery for the lads at work.

DG

Don't keep your punting fund in your sock drawer op, women are like blood hounds and smell twenty pounds notes at forty paces, open up a new back account, tell Mrs you are organising the lottery for the lads at work.

My missus doesn't tend to go through my drawers, might stuff the odd pair of socks in but not a rummager. Your idea of a separate bank account actually sounds good now as I'm about to become the treasurer of my works Golf Society, so perfect cover.

Cheers Cueball

Offline Corus Boy

Keep it on a bank coin bag stuffed in your undies, probably the one place your other half ever goes  :D

Offline whats that noise

I guess I'm lucky as I'm self employed and we only take cash. I basically give the Mrs housekeeping. Rest I use to pay bills etc. So I never get questioned

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
Can you not just keep it in your wallet? Surely your partner doesn't ever go into it? 
I am so surprised by the amount of men who have to delete messages and calls or have a secret phone or hide money as the missus might find it.  Why do any of you allow the missus to invade your personal space like this as I bet she wouldn't want you to do the same.  I have never looked in my partners wallet nor have I ever looked at his phone/laptop/mail etc.  I wouldn't dream of invading his space in that way the same as he wouldn't mine
If they are snooping like that then they already suspect something is going on and have no trust in you.
Always keep separate bank accounts for a start as if she does catch you out your bank will be empty within hours.  A separate account means you spend what you want when you want.  Have a joint one for bills and living expenses where you both put x amount in each month but keep one for yourself with your own money in it.

Sailormack

This thread is a great reminder of why not to get hitched.  :sarcastic:

Aspen

Can you not just keep it in your wallet? Surely your partner doesn't ever go into it? 
I am so surprised by the amount of men who have to delete messages and calls or have a secret phone or hide money as the missus might find it.  Why do any of you allow the missus to invade your personal space like this as I bet she wouldn't want you to do the same.  I have never looked in my partners wallet nor have I ever looked at his phone/laptop/mail etc.  I wouldn't dream of invading his space in that way the same as he wouldn't mine

I think you're the exception Dani.

A few years ago I was amazed to discover my OH went through my wallet every time I took a shower. It took 15 years to discover that. She also kept a log of the mileage on my car.

Her sister did exactly the same.

DG

These days I seldom use cash, mostly debit card. So I've never usually got more than about £30 in my wallet. My wallet always sits on the kitchen table and if she saw it full of cash she would want to know what it was for.

Offline CBPaul

I don't keep my punting stash at home, nicely tucked away at work so I can dib into it when necessary. I've learned to get cash whenever I can so at times it can build up to cover a few punts, most lucrative is expenses claimed back in cash but I'm lucky I can do that now and again.

As far as Mrs CBP is concerned it has nothing to do with snooping. We both ask if the other has a spare tenner if we need something and it saves diverting to the cash machine, we've always said have a look in my wallet / purse. Always been happy enough with that because I'm too lazy to go to the cash point and she'll get 50 out instead of 10 and spend the rest on assorted shite she doesn't need. If she suddenly found 300 quid in my wallet she'd be a major pain. Same goes for mobiles, we will use each others if it is easier, hence the punting phone. 

willbred

About 5 years ago, I had saved up about £150 over a few weeks and like a knob put it in a spare wallet in my bedside drawer. Missus found it and I had to say it was for a surprise for her. I nearly cried as she said " that's lovely dear" and put it in her purse for safe keeping. :dash:

I ain't telling anybody where I now stash...even you lot  :D

willbred

If they are snooping like that then they already suspect something is going on and have no trust in you.
Always keep separate bank accounts for a start as if she does catch you out your bank will be empty within hours.  A separate account means you spend what you want when you want.  Have a joint one for bills and living expenses where you both put x amount in each month but keep one for yourself with your own money in it.

Fair comment Dani, but there's one rule for us and another for our OH's. Problem with Bank accounts is letters / e mails and potential to catch us out

DG

About 5 years ago, I had saved up about £150 over a few weeks and like a knob put it in a spare wallet in my bedside drawer. Missus found it and I had to say it was for a surprise for her. I nearly cried as she said " that's lovely dear" and put it in her purse for safe keeping. :dash:

I ain't telling anybody where I now stash...even you lot  :D

That's my defence should she ever discover my stash; pathetic isn't it..

Offline claretandblue

i think the difficulty is the joint account,my wife and i have never had one although it has been mentioned a few times,i just make sure i keep her account topped up so she has no reason to really need a joint account

DG

Joint account is something we've always done so to change it now would also raise suspicions.

john_n

A few years ago I was amazed to discover my OH went through my wallet every time I took a shower. It took 15 years to discover that. She also kept a log of the mileage on my car.

That is what I would call invading your privacy. Can't be normal to do that, almost obsessive. Then again I'm free and single, so haven't got a clue at what length wives go to find out what her husband is up to.

Offline RedKettle

my wife does seem from time to time to find an excuse to get something from my wallet - never trust them!  :scare:

Offline socks

Why was her sister keeping tabs on you too? Comparing notes?  :lol:

Offline sticko

My missus and I both work and we have separate accounts from which we pay into a joint account that covers bills and so on.  As long as I pay a good chunk in every month my account stays private.

S

Offline threechilliman

I don't keep my punting stash at home, nicely tucked away at work so I can dib into it when necessary. I've learned to get cash whenever I can so at times it can build up to cover a few punts, most lucrative is expenses claimed back in cash but I'm lucky I can do that now and again.

I keep all my stuff at work in my office, secretly stowed. Money, punting phone, tablets, flashdrive with hotlist and contact details. I make sure I divert some cash at every opportunity. Expenses are the big-hitters though!

tcm

Offline Marsh777

I like to gamble (football mainly), which the missus knows about and is fine with, but I never tell her when I win! (She thinks I always lose!) We have a joint account but winnings go straight into my old individual bank account, which I can then draw out without her knowing.

Problem is... I don't win often enough!!!

I have also sold a few bits and bobs on ebay - old clothes etc. - which also goes straight into my bank account to pay for it.

justfornow

This thread is a great reminder of why not to get hitched.  :sarcastic:

laughed so hard at that :)

I'm single and i find punting very exciting but by reading this forum i actually realized how "exciting" it gets when you're married.

You guys are constantly on a fucking spy mission...secret phone, secret bank account, secret meetings.
The fact that people put up with this is either a proof marriage is amazing and worth putting up with all this or it is some sort of a trap.

Although i don't have to hide form anyone i do keep it anonymous. Got the punting phone and i have small spare wallet for punting cash which is hidden out of sight.
Having a spare bank account requires a very good excuse. Even if you opt for no physical mail you will eventually get something through the post.

west8

Easy fix: close any joint bank accounts.

I've ever had any shared accounts with the wife and never will. Fuck that.

My £ is my £ and her £ is her £. All domestic expenses are split evenly at the end of each month.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28

Are they on Mumnset?

Offline smiths

Are they on Mumnset?

Problem with this type of thread is mumsnetters can pick up free info to catch punters out from it.

Offline maxxblue

It's bad enough your wife going through your wallet and keeping a log of your mileage, but for her sister to go through your wallet and log your mileage is very worrying.

Offline smiths

It's bad enough your wife going through your wallet and keeping a log of your mileage, but for her sister to go through your wallet and log your mileage is very worrying.

I assume he meant her sister did the same with her partner.

Offline maxxblue

sorry smiths, it was my attempt (obviously unsuccessful) at being humorous.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:15:29 pm by maxxblue »

Offline smiths

sorry smiths, it was my attempt (obviously unsuccessful) at humour.

No worries, the lack of a smiley made me think it wasn't. ;)

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
You guys could buy a stash can shaped as a lighter or torch and keep it in your car. Hardly a big espionage operation.

Sailormack

laughed so hard at that :)

I'm single and i find punting very exciting but by reading this forum i actually realized how "exciting" it gets when you're married.

You guys are constantly on a fucking spy mission...secret phone, secret bank account, secret meetings.
The fact that people put up with this is either a proof marriage is amazing and worth putting up with all this or it is some sort of a trap.

Although i don't have to hide form anyone i do keep it anonymous. Got the punting phone and i have small spare wallet for punting cash which is hidden out of sight.
Having a spare bank account requires a very good excuse. Even if you opt for no physical mail you will eventually get something through the post.

With a little imagination you could "pretend" you're married..... roleplay.

Then you have the all the gain without the pain  :cool:

Offline cueball

I am so surprised by the amount of men who have to delete messages and calls or have a secret phone

Not every prossie is as honourable as you dani, the secret phone stops unwelcome texts and phone calls at awkward moments

Offline Indigo

My wife never goes through any of my stuff so I could hide it anywhere really but quite conveniently I have a separate bank account (my old sole account from years ago) that I use for betting (I actually do quite a bit of sports trading as a secondary income and it got aggravating doing it through the joint account with so many debits and credits).

richie

Second attempt at a post... Fat thumbs strike again....

Cash back on the shopping won't show as a separate transaction so it's the easiest way to squirrel away funds for me, I then keep them either at work or in my garage under lock and key! I don't have any excuses if she finds them as I've got much worse things hidden away! A roll of tenners getting found is the least of my worries  :D

richie

Almost forgot this little gem....

Buy something expensive you can make out you need but she'll never use or see like car parts, tools, DIY stuff for example. Use your joint account or better still, her account to pay.

Next day go back for a refund stating it wasn't needed for the job and get either a cash refund or use your own account to receive the money into. Effectively she ends up paying for your punt  :thumbsup:

Offline Boundless

These days I seldom use cash, mostly debit card. So I've never usually got more than about £30 in my wallet. My wallet always sits on the kitchen table and if she saw it full of cash she would want to know what it was for.

Absolutely. I know Dani thinks it's unusual but it isn't in our house. If my Mrs needs cash and hasn't got any she'll go in my wallet and then tell/ask me afterwards. if there's more than about 30 quid in there it would be suspicious. I'd do the same with her purse if I need cash urgently. We've got a joint account too, always have had. I think that if there were any other arrangements it would certainly arouse suspicion.

west8

Next day go back for a refund stating it wasn't needed for the job and get either a cash refund or use your own account to receive the money into. Effectively she ends up paying for your punt 

Jesus, that's a good idea but also probably the most devious way to 'trick' wifey into paying for you to get your end away.

aerofan5

The safest thing is an old, thickish book that the other half would be unlikely to look at and you don't mind destroying.

Cut the centre out of some middle pages and replace with banknotes.

If your other half were to find it, you just claim security reasons, and after that it's easy to check the placement of notes to see if she is being sneaky.

It's the best simple safe, as even if you were burgled, villains are not going to spend time riffling through books.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
The safest thing is an old, thickish book that the other half would be unlikely to look at and you don't mind destroying.

Cut the centre out of some middle pages and replace with banknotes.

If your other half were to find it, you just claim security reasons, and after that it's easy to check the placement of notes to see if she is being sneaky.

It's the best simple safe, as even if you were burgled, villains are not going to spend time riffling through books.
Better still don't cut a hole in it. Just hide a few notes in the middle pages. If you use a Gideon bible and are caught you could say you are trying to buy your way into heaven; it's not a lie.

west8

If the woeful tales of punters being neglected by wifey are anything to go by, any book about 'Sex in Marriage' would be a wise choice!

richie

^^^^^^^^^^^^ we so need a facebookesque like button  :thumbsup:

Offline KidCandyShop

In the early days of my relationship with OH she had a row about some of my statements she had seen, I just explained to her that I would not dream of telling her how to spend her money or run her accounts and if she could not afford me the same decency she best finish it. As long as all joint bills are paid and no debt brought into household IMO she has no right to tell me how to use my money and I would never dream about questioning her taste in expensive boots, which to be honest makes one of my punts look cheap. :hi:

Offline pianodave

As a single man, this kind of thread is a real eye-opener.

The concept of ever having to justify £10 or £20 or my own spending to another person is just out of this world to me.

I guess you guys must have got married young and not be used to any other way of life. To me it is just unthinkable. If I ever contemplate getting married I shall revisit this thread :D

jcdmj12

As a single man, this kind of thread is a real eye-opener.

The concept of ever having to justify £10 or £20 or my own spending to another person is just out of this world to me.

I guess you guys must have got married young and not be used to any other way of life. To me it is just unthinkable. If I ever contemplate getting married I shall revisit this thread :D

You're not alone - I can't imagine having joint finances with my other half.  It's insanity.

bensonhedges20

Throw it inside a game, dvd case, bluray. Leave it in open sight. They would never attempt to open it

Offline Corus Boy

My £ is my £ and her £ is her £. All domestic expenses are split evenly at the end of each month.

If you consult a solicitor you may find;

Her £ is her £, and half of your £ is her £.  :drinks:

squeezebox

Leave the cash in a toolbox or anything DIY related. 

The only problem is, if she finds it and guesses what it's for, her revenge could be painful..

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Herges Adventures

We have a shared account for bills and stuff but still have our own accounts and cards, thank f*ck. One shared account sounds like a mare, that I had a taste of this week - lost my account debit card so had to transfer money into the shared account and take out in one hit at the atm the next day... just about convinced that it was to 'cover me' whilst the new card arrived...