Author Topic: ITVX  (Read 247 times)

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
I have and use numerous streaming services  - BBC iPlayer. Netflix, Prime, Paramount + etc etc, but ITVX really is awful.   
Firstly, you get 2 or 3 adverts. Then you get 2 or 3 sponsor adverts. Then you get ITX recommends. Then a couple more adverts before you get to the actual programme.

Some programmes appear cloudy and washed out.

I still get previous problem whereby you fast forward through adverts and it jumps to the end of the programme.

....and heaven forbid you finish one programme, and want to go to another ITVX programme straightaway.


Offline The0neAnd0nly

Yup... its definitely one of the worst media playing sites out there. Sometimes trying to watch something thats been on ITV previously on Sky box and rather then it playing on there... automatically opens the ITVX app instead. So annoying 😑

If anyone works for ITV and reading this, take it upstairs please  :lol:

Online scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
I've got uBlock Origin installed on Microsoft Edge and and that seems to block the adverts and popups quite well if you're viewing from the ITVX archive. Though not if you're streaming live - then the adverts are part of the stream and still appear
Similar browser addons like Privacy Badger should also work

Offline qarma

It's all part of the plan - they intentionally piss you off with ads so you'll pay extra to go ad free.

Offline Andy4567

It's all part of the plan - they intentionally piss you off with ads so you'll pay extra to go ad free.

Yeah, It would be ok to pay for a quaility service but ITV have been shite for years.  They'v at times had exclusive of the England football and Rugby world cup coverage.  Neither were in UHD!  The cameras and coverage is UHD but they won't pay for the broadcasting infrastucture.  I've messaged ITV several times on the subject.  Most people will have large TVs now and will have had for many years.  UHD really is not new and should be the default for major sporting events and other live coverage.

Offline Stevelondon

I can’t seem to get any of these things on my rediffusion black n white.

Online scouting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 7,418
  • Likes: 292
  •  
  • Reviews: 183
I agree completely. If I want to watch something on ITVX I start it playing, do a few chores and periodically come back to fast forward to the next set of ads. Keep doing that then bring it back to just after the start and it runs through without the ads as they have already been "viewed".

Caution though, if you let the programme get to the end and restart it doesn't work, you would have to do it all again. All a PITA but personally I prefer it to having to view the ads.

Offline Andy4567

I can’t seem to get any of these things on my rediffusion black n white.

 :D :lol: :yahoo:

Just bought back one of my early memories.  I was about six. It was a Sunday and ITV were showing Thunderbirds on a 1pm.  My favourite program.  Only thing is I had to get through an hour of Brian Walden and Weekend World!  Now, an hour is a massive time when you are six.  Still, Nantucket Sleighride has the absolute BEST final chord. IYKYK...

...so I'm waiting for Thunderbirds.  Just then my mum comes in and decides to water the spider plant (remember these from the 70s?). Only thing is, its on top of the rental B&W TV!  Even at six, I knew this was a bad idea. Poof! and a puff of magic smoke.  Mum, bless her.

 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:12:32 pm by Andy4567 »

Offline spiralnotebook

Quote
I can’t seem to get any of these things on my rediffusion black n white.


Ditto  :lol: :lol:  :thumbsup:

Offline Doc Holliday

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,071
  • Likes: 323
  •  
  • Reviews: 5
I can’t seem to get any of these things on my rediffusion black n white.

Hi Rod .... perhaps you should get up on the roof and try adjusting your aerial? Do be careful though.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hi Rod .... perhaps you should get up on the roof and try adjusting your aerial? Do be careful though.
And you know what he was watching at the time  :unknown:

Online scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Hi Rod .... perhaps you should get up on the roof and try adjusting your aerial? Do be careful though.

Rediffusion was a primitive analogue cable system, no aerial needed. Primarily midlands area.
Though they did lease out conventional TVs in some areas

Offline Paul9144


ITVX really is awful.   
Firstly, you get 2 or 3 adverts. Then you get 2 or 3 sponsor adverts. Then you get ITX recommends. Then a couple more adverts before you get to the actual programme.

Some programmes appear cloudy and washed out.

I still get previous problem whereby you fast forward through adverts and it jumps to the end of the programme.

....and heaven forbid you finish one programme, and want to go to another ITVX programme straightaway.

I concur, it's terrible.

I only use ITVX to watch the English Football League highlights. Other than that, I try to avoid it because of the ridiculous volume of adverts.

@scutty brown appears to have a decent solution in place though.

I've got uBlock Origin installed on Microsoft Edge and and that seems to block the adverts and popups quite well if you're viewing from the ITVX archive. Though not if you're streaming live - then the adverts are part of the stream and still appear
Similar browser addons like Privacy Badger should also work

Thanks for sharing, as I'll be looking to install and use this myself 👍🏻

Offline jumpjockey76

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Posts: 66
  • Likes: 4
  •  
My5 is truly awful.Loads of adverts.keeps freezing so you start again. I only watch one programme on it and its 22mins long with about 2mins opening credits. Takes between 40 and 45mins to watch programme.Dont pause or fast forward as its more adverts.


Online scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,798
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
My5 is truly awful.Loads of adverts.keeps freezing so you start again. I only watch one programme on it and its 22mins long with about 2mins opening credits. Takes between 40 and 45mins to watch programme.Dont pause or fast forward as its more adverts.

same solution: try installing uBlock Origin in the browser