Author Topic: France - Transcash - DONT DO IT - don't get scammed  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Vaass82001

Have alway wanted to do Le Man 24hr - what an amazing event, what an amazing weekend, if you are into Motorsport just do it!!!

Anyway 7 of us went, 5 of us decided it would be rude not to have a dabble, 2 of us where successful and 3 of them, YES 3 of them were scammed, myself and Ben tried and tried to tell them but no they new better!!!

The scam is that the so called Escort say they don't accept cash the only accept a Transcash Top Up Voucher. Transcash is like a loadable credit card that you can top up much like you top up your pay as you go punting phone.
They ask you to go to a Tabac, buy a Top Up, send a photo of the voucher with the last two numbers of the verification code covered and this will confirm your appointment.
Now I'm no mathematician but  I know there are only 100 combinations for two numbers which o did explain!!! Any way all three were scammed, once photo sent, basically radio silence.
So they thought that's ok we will go and buy a card, load it with our vouchers and use it to buy beer. Cam bought a card, all three voucher were invalid, ie they had been used.
Total loss 500euro.
Meanwhile I had a rather pleasant hour with a French lady called lisecandy006
Cash will always be king.

Offline Mr Garmin

They sound greener than the greenest grass.

I always get slightly angry when I hear people falling for obvious scams, not with the scammer, but with the mark.  It perpetuates the problem and makes life harder for the rest of us being bombarded by the scammers.  A bit like your neighbour doing nothing about his rat problem so it eventually also becomes your problem.

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,770
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
Their little heads must really be ruling their big heads.

I went to Lemans in 2011 - I didn't see much racing  :D

It's just an excuse for loads of blokes to go on a boys weekend  :D

Offline Vaass82001



Well I suppose I should have expected the critical comments, the reason I did the post was genuinely to let people know about the prolific use of Transcash in France, and what an absolute nightmare it is.
As you can imagine between the five of us we contacted quite a few escorts and while a cannot be a 100% sure as far as I know the only girl that came back with a cash offer was the Chinese one that Ben saw.
I've just been through my texts and WhatsApps, I contacted 13, got 2 no replies and the rest after pushing for an answer went down the Transcash route including the girl I eventually met.
She actually started by asking for an "on site" balance transfer which I refused, then went to Transcash which I refused by which time she realised I was from the UK. Some decent banter in English was then had. She eventually agreed cash because apparently she likes cheeky English Men who are always clean rather than smelly French Men.
However the issue is that you will be pushed down the Transcash route again and again and again, one girl even sent me a pic of her ID card which matched her profile picture to, apparently demonstrate, she was honest but while attempting to arrange to meet me in Le Man her location changed to Frejus.
The other interesting fact, and I have been trying to find her profile, one of the scammers had pages of positive reviews from punters who had done numerous reviews.
It is hard work in France so as the previous reply's have said, don't be green and don't let little head rule big head
Happy Punting

Oh yeah Le Man is a mega piss up, but I did actually manage to see quite a bit of the racing. Three in the morning, pissed, the noise, the headlights, the speed, the burger ... just recoved
 

Offline Bru1901

Cash is gold in any country. If they dont accept just walk

Offline brandnewday75

Interesting story. Thanks for the warning. I travel to France every so often but haven’t met this payment request yet.

I’m afraid I’m one of the boring ones :sarcastic: I go to Le Mans for the racing and Motorsport as I love it and I don’t drink alcohol anymore anyway but yeah I’ve seen plenty of sunburnt English blokes sleeping in ditches surrounded by beer bottles. lol.

I’m just curious about how you managed to find any escorts in the area? Which website did you use? I’ve never found anything decent nearby. I’ve had a few meetings in Paris with Russian stunners but that’s it for France so far.

I don’t think I’d bother whilst general camping as it’s seriously difficult to keep yourself clean, especially if the weather is hot and dusty.

But once before I did stay in a glamping setup and that was a great situation. 37 degrees Celsius that year, I think I was having three or four showers a day. lol.

Already booked by tickets for WEC at Silverstone next April. Hoping to pay a visit to Annabella’s if any of the ladies are tempting.  :)

Offline Vaass82001

Wouldn't say boring, my best mate doesn't drink and he is a nightmare, but yep I do like a bit of Motorsport.
The web site I've used is sexemodel.com and once you find a girl who doesn't want to use Transcash it's been ok.
I was there 2 years ago and punting was easy, this Transcash issue is something recent for me