Author Topic: First time in Vietnam  (Read 4389 times)

Offline nuggett70

I am planning to visit Vietnam for the first time in January 2027.
I will be based in Da Nang, can anyone recommend a nice modern appartment near My Khe Beach? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Online Rory B Bellows

I was in Da Nang back in June and really enjoyed it. I did stay at M Hotel right in the beach so don’t know about apartments sadly, also didn’t punt out there as I was visiting friends. One thing to be weary of is that if you are walking along the beach road at night you will 100% get blokes on scooters offering to take you somewhere for “massage” I would not trust this at all. Drink Huda beer and try to get out to Hue and Hoi A while you are there! Nothing in Da Nang seems to be more than 5-10 years old so am sure you won’t have much trouble finding an apartment

Offline nuggett70

I am planning my trip and been looking into what communication is used in Vietnam, eg whatsapp/line etc, but I've noticed that an app called Valo seems to be widely used! Anyone used this? Any advice on any other apps? Thanks chaps.

Offline Fatman

Line, WhatsApp. WeChat? Facebook, instagram, also get grab app for taxis.
Have fun it’s an amazing country the woman are probably the most beautiful in all of Asia.

Offline Dulmenite

If taking any cash , take American Dollar . They don’t like UK currency.

Offline Doormatt

I watched a youtube video only yesterday. The bloke said it was a punting dessert. "It just doesn't happen".
Thoughts ?

Offline Dav618id

I stayed in Hotel on the beach Da nang, had a girl visit me used either wechatt, or thia friendly. Reception phoned to see if I was expecting a guest so no problem there.
Also there's a VIP massage place on the beach road, steam sauna shower massage I had hand job, but more available.
Also if your there Friday Saturday or Sunday to go the Dragon bridge in the evening spectacular. There's a market and street food to enjoy as well as the Dragon.

Offline nuggett70

Thank you for the info, so is thaifriendly used in Vietnam then?

Online southcoastpunter

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Likes: 165
  •  
  • Reviews: 27
Thank you for the info, so is thaifriendly used in Vietnam then?
Yes but not too many girls listed - for example I have just looked on TF for women in DaNang aged 18 - 39 and only 10 came up as active in the last week!

Offline nuggett70

Thanks mate! So any other apps for meeting girls, specific to Vietnam?

Online southcoastpunter

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Likes: 165
  •  
  • Reviews: 27
I can’t help you there - I have only been once , to the Hoi An area ( Which was lovely) but I was with someone so didn’t punt as such- I did have a couple of massages and I think they would have been productive second or third time! Remember our game is illegal in Vietnam and it’s not as open and available everywhere like in Thailand.

I think if I was returning I would try my luck with TF, WeChat, Seeking and massage places!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2026, 08:52:43 am by southcoastpunter »

Offline nuggett70


Offline KirilFromSG

I am planning my trip and been looking into what communication is used in Vietnam, eg whatsapp/line etc, but I've noticed that an app called Valo seems to be widely used! Anyone used this? Any advice on any other apps? Thanks chaps.
for messages all use ZALO (vietnamese messenger), All Vietnamese have one. To register, you need a Vietnamese (NOT TOURIST) SIM card. The easiest way is to buy and register at a Viettel office.
You can use Facebook dating for dating app. Again, all Vietnamese are on Facebook, so the selection of girls there is huge. But as everywhere, there are a lot of scams and fake profiles, so be careful.

Online Bmunda

I'm heading Vietnam in January - got a company event in Ho Chi Minh, got a 3 days afterwards, wondering whether to see whats about or fly 2 hours to Bangkok (I've 5 times this year already!) - should I broaden my horizons? any recommendations for roads to look out for?