Author Topic: The 2026/27 Football Season  (Read 36601 times)

Offline Iamforreal

He does make valid points as to the +ve things that City have done for both the area around the stadium massive investment benefitting the public & Mcr / the NW
Deftly avoiding the elephant in the room pretty much

Contrast City to Utd
The latter haven't broken any PL rules in some ways what they've done is equally as bad
The Glazers have raped & pillaged Utd & the clues are there for all to see
Not even funds to fix the leaky roof
Such is the state of the dilapidated TONM the stadium ignored for the €uro 2028 tournament, quelle surprise

Still better than being a club who will be remembered as cheaters by financial doping.
The sooner the Glazers go the better, although I don't see it coming  :(
You can't compare the 2 situations really, let's see what the fans are going to sing for City at every ground they are going from now on.
Fuck them and their owners  :hi:


Offline Vice Admiral


Wonder what Pep thinks now? He defended them with so much passion ....

Yesterday's Evening Standard tells us:
External Link/Members Only

It seems to me that, although Guardiola's position remains a little equivocal, he is in danger of putting his extraordinary reputation on the line:

Pep Guardiola has released a defiant message in response to Manchester City being found guilty of breaching the Premier League's financial rules.

The Spaniard took to social media on Wednesday to address the situation and offered a message of support to all those involved with the club.

Guardiola wrote: "I want every single Man City fan to know I am here; more than ever.

"I am, always have been, always will, be behind my club, my owner, my chairman [Khaldoon Al Mubarak], Ferran [Soriano, CEO], the players, staff, Enzo [Maresca, manager] and you, our unique supporters."

Guardiola strongly defended City whenever he was asked about the 115 charges hanging over the club during his time in charge.

In 2022, he said he would walk away if he ever found the club's executives had lied to him about the situation.

“Why did I defend the club and the people? It’s because I work with them,” Guardiola said.

“When they are accused of something I ask them: ‘Tell me about that.’ They explain and I believe them.

"I said to them: ‘If you lie to me, the day after I am not here. I will be out and I will not be your friend anymore. I put my faith in you because I believe you 100 per cent from day one and I defend the club because of that.'"

Offline john122350

A new club crest for Newcastle United for first time since 1988 | NUFC External Link/Members Only


Offline Vice Admiral

Yesterday's Evening Standard tells us:
External Link/Members Only

It seems to me that, although Guardiola's position remains a little equivocal, he is in danger of putting his extraordinary reputation on the line:

Pep Guardiola has released a defiant message in response to Manchester City being found guilty of breaching the Premier League's financial rules.

The Spaniard took to social media on Wednesday to address the situation and offered a message of support to all those involved with the club.

Guardiola wrote: "I want every single Man City fan to know I am here; more than ever.

"I am, always have been, always will, be behind my club, my owner, my chairman [Khaldoon Al Mubarak], Ferran [Soriano, CEO], the players, staff, Enzo [Maresca, manager] and you, our unique supporters."

Guardiola strongly defended City whenever he was asked about the 115 charges hanging over the club during his time in charge.

In 2022, he said he would walk away if he ever found the club's executives had lied to him about the situation.

“Why did I defend the club and the people? It’s because I work with them,” Guardiola said.

“When they are accused of something I ask them: ‘Tell me about that.’ They explain and I believe them.

"I said to them: ‘If you lie to me, the day after I am not here. I will be out and I will not be your friend anymore. I put my faith in you because I believe you 100 per cent from day one and I defend the club because of that.'"


Today’s Times carries a trenchant article by Matthew Syed about City and Guardiola under the heading, “Greatest manager of all time? No, Pep is either a fraud or myopic” and the sub-heading, “It is hard to believe Guardiola was not aware of City’s cheating — his legacy is tainted by revelation the ‘magic’ was performed not by him but by accountants”.

Here are three paragraphs:

Did the “great man” know what was going on? Did he know that his club splurged £129.6million in “disguised spending” in 2016-2017, £134.7million in 2017-2018 and other assorted amounts over the relevant period (although how can we be certain that didn’t continue, given the club was being run by the same owners, with presumably the same modus operandi, and given they still insist they did nothing wrong), amounting to about £900million in total?

Well, it seems to me (and call me simplistic) there are two alternatives. Either Pep did know and he is therefore neither a legend nor a visionary but a fraud. Or he didn’t know and he is therefore the most myopic person ever to oversee a transfer budget. I mean, I’m hardly a forensic accountant but I have been questioning the financial machinations of City for more than a decade, despite regular abuse and threats. Did Pep see nothing? Is he blind?

l’d like to hear more from Pep, beyond a single tweet. His one chance at redemption is to offer some overdue candour about the sham of which he was a part. Nothing else will do. No more evasion. No more gaslighting. Otherwise he will always be stalked by bucket-loads of cognitive dissonance — and no small degree of contempt.

Online Stevelondon

Basically all pep is saying. Is that he asked the owners if any of the allegations against the club were true.

They told him no.

He believed them. 🤷🏼. 

In fact he has said NOT MUCH.


Sigh…….. I get fed up listening to comments like “legendary manager”.    “The greatest”


Etc Etc.

If you have huge spending power to buy the best players. That’s a big difference compared to other good managers who haven’t.

Pep managing Brentford or Burnley for instance. Let’s see the titles and cup victories then.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:17:17 pm by Stevelondon »

Offline stampjones


Sigh…….. I get fed up listening to comments like “legendary manager”.    “The greatest”


Etc Etc.

If you have huge spending power to buy the best players. That’s a big difference compared to other good managers who haven’t.

Pep managing Brentford or Burnley for instance. Let’s see the titles and cup victories then.
Exactly. You can't really put him in that category unlike someone like Ferguson for example (who I personally despise) who has proved it at every level. Pep has only ever managed clubs with a mega budget. It definitely helps you win if you have more resources than your competitors


Offline mr.bluesky

Exactly. You can't really put him in that category unlike someone like Ferguson for example (who I personally despise) who has proved it at every level. Pep has only ever managed clubs with a mega budget. It definitely helps you win if you have more resources than your competitors

Not a fan of Fergie either but all credit to him because a lot of Man Utds sucess was down to players who came through their youth academy, like Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs etc and his signings were a lot better than his predecessors who squandered a lot of money on bang average players.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:42:44 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
A second Hull City player has flipped their car over in the road leading to the club’s training ground in the space of less than a month.

After Sorba Thomas’ car overturned last month, Lucas Gourna-Douath did exactly the same on Thursday morning. The black Mercedes of their 23-year-old summer signing was pictured on its side.

now either its an extremely dangerous road or they were traveling far far too fast and AFAIK none of the locals have a problem in driving there

Online WARSZAWA16

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,800
  • Likes: 125
  •  
  • Reviews: 70
 Man City have announced their new accountant.


Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Davey Dykes

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,694
  • Likes: 27
  •  
  • Reviews: 115
Surely the 1 on left of picture is more accurate.



Hidden Image/Members Only

Online Stevelondon

Anybody know a bit more about the Ronaldo thing. He’s left the international camp saying he will give a statement later 🤷🏼

Mind you. I see they are winning at half time against Denmark 😂

Offline webpunter

Man City have announced their new accountant.


Hidden Image/Members Only

Tax advice from the bent ginger growler
Mind you she does have a big set of top bollocks


Hidden Image/Members Only

Online Punting2022

Tax advice from the bent ginger growler
Mind you she does have a big set of top bollocks


Hidden Image/Members Only

Rayner is milfy. You just know shed be a busy escort if ever was a look alike

Online WASA38

A new club crest for Newcastle United for first time since 1988 | NUFC External Link/Members Only

Nice one.

Wish mine would get a new one. FFC's undoubtely the worst in the PL if not the whole football league