Author Topic: Pun Pun; Croydon.  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Dead Wood

Punt didn't happen - ghosted.

Her green light went on at 9am, I messaged shortly after, received the usual response listing services and prices.  I responded immediately and asked to meet at 3.30pm.  I didn’t get a response to this, which perhaps should have rung alarm bells.

I then made my way to Croydon.  I got there about 45 minutes early - i messaged saying I was around if she was free, but otherwise I would see her at 3.30pm.  No response.  I messaged again at 3.25pm from outside the block she is working from - nothing.  Then I called - and then messaged again.  Nothing.  I gave it 20 mins and left. 

So frustrating.  I was primed and ready.  I was really looking forward to firing a week of pent-up 'Xmas Man Custard' over her - by all accounts, particularly lovely - Thai boobies.

I wandered down the high street/Church Street to the Thai massage place, which screams ‘Rub and Tug Joint’ from the outside.  But there was a ‘we are busy – come back later’ sign on the door.  I was royally fucked, and not in the way I was hoping.

So, I got on the train and went home.   

I did get to walk around Croydon, which I have only ever driven through, or gone through on the train. I’d seen the forest of new tower blocks from afar, I knew there was a Box Park, so I assumed I would find a bustling, prosperous London suburb, a bit like the ‘Elephant and Castle’.  Good people of UKP – I must report that nothing could be further from the truth.  The gods of urban planning have long given up on Croydon and gone home.  Instead, the vagaries of commerce have vomited a hellish mix of nail bars/mobile phone accessory shops/crappy ethnic F&B outlets/frankly weird independent food shops all over the once thriving streets of Croydon.  I guess all the good shops have upped and gone to the retail park by Ikea.  There was even a sprinkling of derelict properties – I genuinely thought London didn’t do derelict anymore.  Anyway, I can confirm Croydon is not a place to take the wife for a weekend city break.  I actually tried to go to the Museum - not only was it closed, but the entrance was also literally invisible.  Bizarre. 

External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only+

Offline anonymouse72

So you never actually had a confirmed booking?

Offline JonasG

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 3,279
  • Likes: 69
  •  
  • Reviews: 135
Never take that generic list of Thai services text as gospel of a booking.

It's just a copy and paste.

When they send that, reply back saying you confirm your initial enquiry.

And then that will prompt a response.

Offline scouting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 7,362
  • Likes: 286
  •  
  • Reviews: 183
Sorry for your disappointment mate, her recent reviews have been good. However as she didn't confirm your appointment I'm afraid this can't be reviewed and must be moved to discussions. Better luck next time.

Offline tp69

Sucks fella.

You’re experienced, so you know this anyway, but the maid for the Thai’s are generally Thai and also relatively limited. I always make it very clear that I’m booked in and confirm the time.

You prob just took the chance assuming the maid was on the ball, and it slipped through the cracks.

I actually just remembered something that happened to me a month ago. I can’t remember which of the 3 Thai girls I was booking as it was all within a week of each other, but one evening, the maid’s messages weren’t coming through to me at all. She was sending them but I wasn’t getting them. She ended up calling me to confirm because I was getting annoyed and she worked out I obviously wasn’t getting her replies. Not sure if that’s remotely relevant in this case. But a call sorted it out.

Still sucks. Nothing annoys me more than the wasted time. It’s actually why I punt Thai’s because bookings tend to be so reliable.

Offline Dead Wood

More wise words, TP - I should have called.  Always call, I reckon.

Online LLPunting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 17,551
  • Likes: 192
  •  
  • Reviews: 360
I would not travel to an area without confirmation of a booking unless I had other business and made contact with other SPs so a plan b was in place.
I would call or at least ring and hang up after 3+rings so whomever is manning the phone knows an enquiry was attempted and can see my unreplied to messages.  This is usually enough to get things back on track.

Croydon is plenty busy in the High St area and around the stations.  It's actually good that it is quiet and safe to walk some of the interconnecting streets near these busy places.  The hazard is perhaps the residential areas prowled by troublemakers and perhaps avoid the busses when the teens are swarming.  It's no worse than the likes of Tooting, Clapham, Stockwell, Brixton, Camberwell, Elephant, New Cross, ,catford, Bromley, Lewisham, Sidcup, Wimbledon, New Malden, Kingston, Hammersmith, Ealing, Shepherd's Bush, Stratford and a bunch of other punting locales.

Offline Darren101

No confirmed booking so not really ghosted?  Anyway, Croydon town centre keeps getting more fast food joints more than anything else.

Oh but there are other Thai SPs in the area you could have gone for as a Plan B. There’s also another massage place (Silk Road, Tui Na Treatment Centre) up the road nearer East Croydon end. Never been but I think they got more staff than the one you tried.

Offline Dead Wood

I would not travel to an area without confirmation of a booking unless I had other business and made contact with other SPs so a plan b was in place.
I would call or at least ring and hang up after 3+rings so whomever is manning the phone knows an enquiry was attempted and can see my unreplied to messages.  This is usually enough to get things back on track.

Thanks for the coms advice, LLP.  A senior moment on my part.  :)

Happy new year to all.   :drinks: