Author Topic: Central London Strip Pubs - Advice needed please  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Bounce master

Hi everyone,

I've never been to a strip club before, and I'll be visiting central London this week for some sightseeing. I have always fancied visiting a strip club as a bucket list activity, and I'm considering visiting a strip pub - most probably in the afternoon as due to commitments I'll need to leave by 8pm.

I'll be visiting by myself, and some of the reviews I've read online of normal strip clubs being scams have scared me.

I came across a thread here that 'Strip pubs' exist, which are essentially pubs with dancers in them - I'm curious already. I love to have a drink in a pub, so seeing beautiful women dancing is a extra perk. Apparently strip pubs are much more friendly and less intimidating?

From posts on this forum, two places have been recommended. One being Browns strip pub and the other being The Griffin.

My questions:

1. Apparently each place you need to pay £1 per dance to put onto a jar - Do I need to go get a load of £1 coins from somewhere, or do they take card? (If they do indeed only accept £1 coins, can I get this from the bank? I've been cashless for years)

2. As a nervous punter in general, are these literally normal pubs with strippers in them? Some of the stories I've read of normal clubs like Platinum lace extorting punters £300 for simply walking in has scared me - especially as I'll be going solo.

3. Apparently over Xmas and New years they charge a cover fee, how much is this normally?

4. Any other friendly strip pubs to in visit central London?

If you have any other tips of words of advice, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2025, 12:07:48 am by Bounce master »

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,723
  • Likes: 381
  •  
  • Reviews: 210
There's already a whole thread on this that will probably answer your questions.

Try the search button.

Offline molecork

The easiest thing to do is to get some cash out of an ATM, then enter Browns or the Griffin, go to the bar and order a drink, when you pay for it they will give you £1 coins in your change.  You then find a seat/standing point with a good view of the stage and wait.  Girls will come up to you both with a pound pot pre dance (and will offer change if only notes) and also to ask if you are interested in a private dance (around £20).  You shouldn't get any issues in either of these pubs, as regards cover charges I would check their web sites


Offline Jeffers77

Browns > The Griffin. But both a shadow of former selves.

Offline Zanderpanda

they are absolutely friendly. Browns in particular. The only similar one I know is the nags head but its horrible compared to browns and griffin. apparently the rainbow sports bar is also £1 in the jar but ive not been there and it looks more like a strip club setup to me.

Dont worry about £1 coins. they thought of that. all change at the bar is in £1 coins by default. You won't need to bring your own. They do take card but there is a 10% fee and obviously in many cases its not great to have that on your bank statement. Take in banknotes and change it down at the bar. The ladies give change too if you need them to. There are cashpooints nearby as well and as its free entry you can come and go as you please.

£1 per stage show, about 5-6 an hour. The quality varies a lot. There are some girls there who can really dance and are basically atheletes who take there clothes off. one lady is amazing and spends 15 mins cleaning all the poles etc at the start of her shift because she throws herself around a lot its really impressive. and there are others that stand there and wiggle a bit and dont even try to use the poles. Some look bored, some of them love it. then private dances are £20 and last about 5 mins. The girls all stick to the rules. Some talk dirty but that's about as far as I have seen them go. They used to be £15 before 5pm but that stopped now. They will all offer a "naughty £40" but there is no point. These places are legit and the dances are definitely noncontact in both directions. The Axe was very  different but thats closed for years. Browns and Griffin are the last two standing really and that maybe cos they stick to the rules. There is also a £300 VIP area but Ive never been in and cant see the point. If you are going in you dont have to buy a private dance but it seems a bit rude not to buy at least one. I have only  ever paid an entry fee once at that was at the horns which was teh sister club to browns. genearlly its free to enter.

I really like browns. its a little community and ive seen the girls be really kind to some of the older men who visit (not in a sexual way but more just being really nice hosts and helping them out with carrying stuff etc). Its good value and sort of wholesome. some of the girls are students and study while its quiet. some just want to chat (i have offered to buy them drinks but they don't want it some of them just like to chat). Ive also seen couples in there and the dancers are happy chatting to the  wifes. I am sure its not always like that and ive seen it when its busy and you do get some weirdos in there but really it is just a pub with sky sports and a stage and hot naked women.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2026, 04:42:40 pm by Zanderpanda »