Author Topic: Britannia hotel booking? Beware!  (Read 6613 times)

Offline Kinkylondongent

Police attend protest outside London hotel which will house asylum seekers | UK News | Sky News External Link/Members Only

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,783
  • Likes: 548
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
putting them in a Britannia should be enough to make them go home
 :scare: :scare: :scare:

Offline Momodan38

Damn. Good tip off. It’s the favoured spot for touring brits in the area.

Offline MLawro93

God, I hate that hotel. Refuse to see anyone who works from there.

Offline Ivor Hunch

i wonder if claire/ "curious heights" with her faragiste tendencies will continue to frequent it!

Offline Kinkylondongent

i wonder if claire/ "curious heights" with her faragiste tendencies will continue to frequent it!

Exactly.

Offline ulstersubbie

putting them in a Britannia should be enough to make them go home
 :scare: :scare: :scare:

I've never stayed in a Britannia hotel, there must be the odd decent one surely.   :unknown:

Offline MLawro93

I've never stayed in a Britannia hotel, there must be the odd decent one surely.   :unknown:

Nope. No such thing.  :D

Given that the hotel is notorious for being used by escorts, especially the one near Canary Wharf, it might be problematic if they were to pack in a large number of asylum seekers.

Hopefully the issues don't spill out into the surrounding area, as some nice spots around there.

Online southcoastpunter

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 3,117
  • Likes: 164
  •  
  • Reviews: 27
according to the report quoted above, the hotel is a 4 star - how the hell did a Britannia get 4 stars??

Offline Ivor Hunch

i think now 3 stars is the lowest available ratingl

Online rebelscum

Nope. No such thing.  :D

Given that the hotel is notorious for being used by escorts, especially the one near Canary Wharf, it might be problematic if they were to pack in a large number of asylum seekers.

Hopefully the issues don't spill out into the surrounding area, as some nice spots around there.

The aforementioned groups won't both be in residence at the same time, AFAIK, the hotel will be closed for any other bookings, so no members of the public will be able to book in-thus no WGs working there.  Hence the outcry the other day-members of the public arrived to the hotel only to be informed that their bookings had been cancelled.   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2025, 01:55:05 pm by rebelscum »

Online Rory B Bellows

Haha I saw this on Twitter and though “hmm hope it doesn’t affect any punters” lol

Offline MLawro93

The aforementioned groups won't both be in residence at the same time, AFAIK, the hotel will be closed for any other bookings, so no members of the public will be able to book in thus no WGs working there.  Hence the outcry the other day-members of the public arrived to the hotel only to be informed that their bookings had been cancelled.   

Oooof, now that is harsh. But in this instance, it does save those people from having to stay at Britannia  :lol:

Offline Momodan38

Oooof, now that is harsh. But in this instance, it does save those people from having to stay at Britannia  :lol:
It’s not that bad (anymore), it’s comparable to the Hilton 5 mins away.

It’s a whole lot better then the Chelsea Cloisters  :lol:

Offline myothernameis

Police attend protest outside London hotel which will house asylum seekers

Locally to myself, around 3 hotels, and land have changed hands, and now have new owners, and hotels not open for business.  But it  been reported coaches have been seen arriving at these hotels, and immigrants getting of the coach, and disappear inside

The hotels that have changed hands needed a lot of work, done on them, to make them habitable for the public.  The three hotels seemingly owned by a Asian company, now making a profit out of this, and very little work was done to improve the hotels

The hotels are isolated and out of the way, and no member of the public would be aware of immigrant in these hotels

Offline jamiekinkxxx

God, I hate that hotel. Refuse to see anyone who works from there.

+1

Offline jamiekinkxxx

It’s not that bad (anymore), it’s comparable to the Hilton 5 mins away.

It’s a whole lot better then the Chelsea Cloisters  :lol:

Another bad place that thankfully I have not visited in years!

Offline Stevelondon

I hope these immigrants are getting room service.
Am I right in thinking these are all poor women and children ?

Offline MLawro93

I hope these immigrants are getting room service.
Am I right in thinking these are all poor women and children ?

No idea, but looking at the statistics, probably the majority will be young men. In any case, fairly sensitive topic at the moment and strays to easily into current politics.

Also pretty sure they will want to leave as soon as possible. Can't imagine willingly spending more than a few hours at any Britannia hotel.  :lol:

Offline jamiekinkxxx

No idea, but looking at the statistics, probably the majority will be young men. In any case, fairly sensitive topic at the moment and strays to easily into current politics.

Also pretty sure they will want to leave as soon as possible. Can't imagine willingly spending more than a few hours at any Britannia hotel.  :lol:

 :lol:

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,783
  • Likes: 548
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
External Link/Members Only

I think all four of their Blackpool hotels have been handed over to asylum seekers.........
Their Norbreck Castle Hotel is the only place where I've seen a queue of customers lining up to have an argument with reception over crap service
« Last Edit: July 23, 2025, 10:03:35 pm by scutty brown »

Offline Stevelondon

I was being sarcastic just in case anyone else quotes me.  :hi:

Offline Mariokoko

I've never stayed in a Britannia hotel, there must be the odd decent one surely.   :unknown:

I Have plenty and isnt one

Offline Iloveoral

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 20,907
  • Likes: 567
  •  
  • Reviews: 513
No idea, but looking at the statistics, probably the majority will be young men. In any case, fairly sensitive topic at the moment and strays to easily into current politics.


Totally agree, please take note gents  :drinks:

Offline Mstar86

Police attend protest outside London hotel which will house asylum seekers | UK News | Sky News External Link/Members Only


I’m 100% certain that ALL of these men protesting are punters worried about the hotel becoming a place where people sleep instead of a place where people fuck!  :lol:

Offline gurds

I didn't mind Britannia hotel, what was so bad about it?

Offline MLawro93

I didn't mind Britannia hotel, what was so bad about it?

Rundown, dark, and dingy. Windowless rooms are a big issue for me as I come across a few. If there are any good experiences, worth sharing but general consensus is always avoid the Britannia  :D

Offline Barneypunt

I didn't mind Britannia hotel, what was so bad about it?

Agreed, it’s been pretty decent especially in the last year

Offline Barneypunt

Rundown, dark, and dingy. Windowless rooms are a big issue for me as I come across a few. If there are any good experiences, worth sharing but general consensus is always avoid the Britannia  :D

The solution to that is to not book the windowless room. You have a choice  :D

Offline bigden40

The Britannia has been invaluable as a low-cost option in Canary Wharf.  The ability to get a room for under £100/night when everything else around is £200+ (and then some sometimes) is useful.

You get what you pay for but it’s always been good cheap option for a serviceable hotel.

Offline gurds

Even Travelodge nowadays is close to 100 per night  :lol:

Offline Bum Lovin Criminal

I didn't mind Britannia hotel, what was so bad about it?

Agreed! I like it.  I've had some fantastic punts in this Hotel.   Floors o' whores, above and below you....(mainly  Chinese and Tourers).

Although the Hilton  and that Wardian next  door are nicer,   you can't beat a bit a filth.. :D

Offline Barneypunt

The Premier inn near me used to be so cheap (£40 a night on Sundays), and the room quality was always great. In the last couple of years they’ve caught on and now the prices are crazy

Offline Barneypunt

Agreed! I like it.  I've had some fantastic punts in this Hotel.   Floors o' whores, above and below you....(mainly  Chinese and Tourers).

Although the Hilton  and that Wardian next  door are nicer,   you can't beat a bit a filth.. :D

I would always hear sex noises from multiple rooms without fail whilst walking to my room. Loved it

Offline myothernameis

I would always hear sex noises from multiple rooms without fail whilst walking to my room. Loved it

London Heathrow in the mid 70's, and as a family we had an early flight, taking of to Italy at 06:30.  So my dad had booked a hotel near the airport, and no key-cards, just the good old key, and a keyhole to look through

Turns out the walls in this hotel were thin, and you could hear everything that was going on in the next room, luckily my mum and dad were a few rooms down, and couldn't hear the noise.  My older brother said, sounds like a German couple going full at it, and he even had a peak through the key hole.   My brother had to explain to me what was going on in the next room, and not to tell mum or dad, with us being good Catholics

Offline MrWelly

I've never stayed in a Britannia hotel, there must be the odd decent one surely.   :unknown:
Spowston Manor near Wroxham in Norfolk is not a bad Britannia hotel although I wouldn’t eat there as they got a 1 star food hygiene rating from the Food Standards Authority in February this year. Guess you could figure now is a good time to eat there as that 1 star requires urgent action. The executive bedrooms are nice though, there’s a good bar, nice pool/sauna/steam room and it has a great golf course on site  :thumbsup:

Offline thatsaint

according to the report quoted above, the hotel is a 4 star - how the hell did a Britannia get 4 stars??

there's not really an official star rating, you can really call your hotel what you like rating wise

Offline ulstersubbie

Spowston Manor near Wroxham in Norfolk is not a bad Britannia hotel although I wouldn’t eat there as they got a 1 star food hygiene rating from the Food Standards Authority in February this year. Guess you could figure now is a good time to eat there as that 1 star requires urgent action. The executive bedrooms are nice though, there’s a good bar, nice pool/sauna/steam room and it has a great golf course on site  :thumbsup:

Speaking of Britannia hotels, check this video out.

External Link/Members Only


Offline Herts_Outcaller

Had a terrible experience at Britannia Hotels where I was rumbled by reception just trying to get to the room to see Chessie Kay a while back.