Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand: Deadly Destination!  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Corus Boy

Thailand 'one of the most dangerous tourist destinations on Earth': Ex-pat investigation lifts lid on dark side of the Land of Smiles

Thailand: Deadly Destination penned by Australian author John Stapleton
 Writer says tourism boom has created hatred and contempt for foreigners
 Death rate of tourists is ‘worst scandal in the annals of modern tourism’
 Murder of British backpackers followed military coup in May this year
 Ministry of Tourism forecast 25m visitors in 2015, down from 30m last year

Daily Mail article, but I loved the background on one image.

External Link/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Jerboa

Tell me something I don't know, most Thai people are harmless, it's the few who would murder you in a heart beat that you've got to be wary about. As for the back packers that were murdered on the island, it wasn't the two Burmese guys, they've been proper scapegoated, Koh Tao is run by five different local mafia gangs, Hannah & David where no doubt murdered by a couple of these gangsters, who knows why, could of simply been the two pissed them off, or the thugs wanted to rape a pretty farang girl, and had no qualms to kill them both.

Offline Jimmyredcab

The Daily Mail are simply pointing out what is contained in a new book ----------

A new book has branded Thailand one of the world’s most dangerous tourist destinations.

Australian author John Stapleton suggests that widespread police corruption, violence and crime are all blighting a country once commonly referred to as the ‘Land of Smiles’.

My experience of Thailand (over 25 visits in the last 13 years) does not reflect the views of this author. 

The police are crooked as fuck, no doubt about that, but my worst experience was to have my pocket picked in Bangkok, even then I only lost 1000 baht (£20).

If you step out of line you will get a beating, Thai people stick together, you might be a tough guy back home but you will lose in Thailand, that I guarantee.

I don't know the figures for tourist murders but I would imagine Thailand is no worse than America or anywhere else, sometimes it is a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don't even think of insulting their King.    :scare:

Offline Jimmyredcab

As for the back packers that were murdered on the island, it wasn't the two Burmese guys, they've been proper scapegoated.

I agree, they just wanted some arrests to avoid damaging the tourist industry.   

Offline snowbum

I have visited Thailand quite a few times and has seen some of the real attitudes of Thais.

They believe they and their country are superior to all others and that it is grossly unfair that farangs have more money than them and have no compunction in relieving them of it :(

This is obviously a generalisation but as Thais tend to hide their real feelings it can be difficult to tell.

Thailand can be a great place to visit, but as tourist numbers increased so did their  contempt.

Have fun, but dont leave yourself vulnerable by getting drunk or trusting too much.

Offline Vivago

Thais generally despise confrontation and an 'in your face' attitude so the recent vast increase of tourists from India, China and Russia cannot have helped the situation.  Speaking to Thai friends on my recent trip, they have a particular loathing for the boorish Ruskies whereas Indians are generally considered cheap and the Chinese stupid and ignorant.  As mentioned already, Thais are extremely xenophobic. Behind the smile, they harbor real feelings of superiority and a detestation of the detrimental effects the influx of foreign hordes has had on their wonderful culture.
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Tailpipe

The Daily Mail are simply pointing out what is contained in a new book ----------

A new book has branded Thailand one of the world’s most dangerous tourist destinations.

Australian author John Stapleton suggests that widespread police corruption, violence and crime are all blighting a country once commonly referred to as the ‘Land of Smiles’.

My experience of Thailand (over 25 visits in the last 13 years) does not reflect the views of this author. 

Thing is Jim you know the rules and what to do and not to do ,
I have to say it's always been on my to do list , but after looking at the ytube links you posted on another thread , I do not think its the place for me.

I will stick to Dubai ,the port in Spain and Argentina .

Offline Jerboa

Thing is Jim you know the rules and what to do and not to do ,
I have to say it's always been on my to do list , but after looking at the ytube links you posted on another thread , I do not think its the place for me.

I will stick to Dubai ,the port in Spain and Argentina .

So you think Los is not for you because Jimmy posted a few YouTube videos of ugly birds?

Offline Jimmyredcab

So you think Los is not for you because Jimmy posted a few YouTube videos of ugly birds?

Hi Mate  :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

You are more than welcome to post some You-Tube videos of beautiful Pattaya girls to redress the balance ---------- not still photos, anyone can find pretty girls on the internet.    :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Well I would if I had the time, as I've said many times, no one says all Thai bargirls look like miss Thailand, but you can find many good lookers, telling guys who've never been that most bargirls look like they've been smacked in the face with a wok just scares them off.

Offline Stiltskin

If you step out of line you will get a beating, Thai people stick together, you might be a tough guy back home but you will lose in Thailand, that I guarantee.

Hard to believe when you see the size of these people.

Offline Vivago

Hard to believe when you see the size of these people.

Have you ever seen them little fuckers fight Muay Thai?  Besides, you think you are fighting one and six more will join in on his side.  You cannot win.

Offline Jerboa

Yes Muay Thai is the national sport, as Vivago says you won't be fighting one, the national mentality is that every other Thai is their brothers and sisters, most times if you fight a Thai total strangers will jump off mopeds or come out of nowhere to help their brother, and participate in the second national sport of boxing a farang. Though sometimes if the Thais see the other guys acted unprovoked or is out of order they will stand back, but don't expect any help.

vt

Yes Muay Thai is the national sport, as Vivago says you won't be fighting one, the national mentality is that every other Thai is their brothers and sisters, most times if you fight a Thai total strangers will jump off mopeds or come out of nowhere to help their brother, and participate in the second national sport of boxing a farang. Though sometimes if the Thais see the other guys acted unprovoked or is out of order they will stand back, but don't expect any help.

A Thai leg has far more reach than a drunk western guy's fist!

Even the girl's kick butt...    :dancegirl:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Well I would if I had the time, as I've said many times, no one says all Thai bargirls look like miss Thailand, but you can find many good lookers, telling guys who've never been that most bargirls look like they've been smacked in the face with a wok just scares them off.

I feel it is only right to point out that the vast majority of Pattaya bargirls are rough beyond belief, of course they don't have to take my word for it, I invite them to go to You-Tube and type in ------

Soi 6 Pattaya
Pattaya bargirls.
Walking Street Pattaya

Or anything similar, they can then make up their own mind.    :hi: :hi:

Offline Tailpipe

The place looks like Soho on a Bad night in the late seventies , the ytube link just gives a outline to what its like
Blackpool on a hen weekend.

Each to there own but , this style of punting just does nothing for me any more.

Plus spotting one that does not look like a robbers dog seems hard work.   

Offline Vivago

There are plenty of hot tarts knockin' around as well.  The thing with Pattaya  is the sheer number of available women, literally thousands.  Something for every taste, preferred perversion and pocket from the 300 baht grannies who have been surfing Beach Road almost since the Vietnam war to the astonishingly beautiful young dancers found in top GG's.

But if you are not into Thai girls, none of this will entice you out here for a beach holiday with a difference.  Ask JRC.  He has only been to Thailand 15 times in 10 years (or so he claims) so it might be interesting to hear the motivation?  Can't be the skanks and the sun, sand, great food and ambiance can be found in plenty of other holiday destinations closer to home.

Offline Jimmyredcab

There are plenty of hot tarts knockin' around as well.  The thing with Pattaya  is the sheer number of available women, literally thousands.  Something for every taste, preferred perversion and pocket from the 300 baht grannies who have been surfing Beach Road almost since the Vietnam war to the astonishingly beautiful young dancers found in top GG's.

But if you are not into Thai girls, none of this will entice you out here for a beach holiday with a difference.  Ask JRC.  He has only been to Thailand 15 times in 10 years (or so he claims)

Are you calling me a liar.    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The correct figure would be nearer to 25 times since 2001, in 2004 I went to Thailand 4 times when it was far cheaper than today and before the Russians discovered Pattaya.

I don't need to tell lies on a prostitution forum.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Vivago

Well if the cab fits.  You now say that you have been 25 times in 13 years and not 15 times in 10 years. So that's the truth now?  I believe you.  I know how loaded you cab drivers are.

You must have loved the place when you thought things (including the tarts presumably) were cheaper over there.  Odd that you now consider cheapness amongst WGs in UK to be a sign of skankiness.

BTW nobody tells the whole truth on a prostitution forum (or any forum).

P.S  I've just spent a month in Pattaya and I think that, all things considered, prices have not risen that much and my daily budget, allowing for inflation, is not a great deal more than it was 10 years ago. Now if you said 20 years, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You now say that you have been 25 times in 13 years and not 15 times in 10 years. So that's the truth now? 

Please provide the link where I claimed to have been there 15 times.    :unknown: :unknown:

The correct figure is 25 times ----
3 Jan 2001
13 June 2001
7 Jan 2002
9 Jan 2003
6 Jan 2004
1 June 2004
2 Jan 2005
5 May 2005
17 Aug 2005
18 Oct 2005
3 Jan 2006
2 May 2006
3 Oct 2006
16 April 2007
1 Oct 2007
12 Feb 2008
5 May 2008
25 Apr 2009
13 Oct 2009
8 Mar 2010
8 Feb 2011
10 May 2011
14 Feb 2012
12 Feb 2013
24 Feb 2014

Some people tell lies on the internet, I have no reason to tell lies.    :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

P.S  I've just spent a month in Pattaya and I think that, all things considered, prices have not risen that much and my daily budget, allowing for inflation, is not a great deal more than it was 10 years ago.

It is now a lot more expensive than 10 years ago, I used to get 72 Baht to the pound, in January this year I struggled to get 48 to the pound, that makes a huge difference on a 14 night holiday.    :thumbsdown:

Offline Tailpipe

Vivago

It does appear that Jims has kicked you ass on this one  :D

James999

2 Jan 2005
5 May 2005
17 Aug 2005
18 Oct 2005

Did you have a special lady/boy out there at that year  :sarcastic:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Vivago

I am happy to let our moderator (NIK) check my passports when I next meet him in London ---------- the current one and the expired one.     :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

The correct figure would be nearer to 25 times since 2001, in 2004 I went to Thailand 4 times when it was far cheaper than today and before the Russians discovered Pattaya.

That should read 2005.      :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline Vivago

How so? I did tell him that I believed him. Why go to so much trouble?

I was just perplexed as to why someone who claims to find women in Pattaya to be largely comprised of skanks, should want to spend so much time and money in constantly returning there?  But then again maybe he went white water rafting or bungee jumping in Northern Thailand or backpacking down the islands.  Or on a cultural and historical jag in Ayuthaya, Kanchanaburi or Lopburi. Or just stayed in Krung Thep and breathed exhaust fumes.  The possibilities are endless. :D

Offline Jerboa

I was just perplexed as to why someone who claims to find women in Pattaya to be largely comprised of skanks, should want to spend so much time and money in constantly returning there?  But then again maybe he went white water rafting or bungee jumping in Northern Thailand or backpacking down the islands.  Or on a cultural and historical jag in Ayuthaya, Kanchanaburi or Lopburi. Or just stayed in Krung Thep and breathed exhaust fumes.  The possibilities are endless. :D

Myself and others have been asking Jimmy that question for years, he complains about the country but still keeps going back.

Offline Jerboa

It can also be dangerous for bargirls, a Rainbow 4 girl was found in a suitcase floating in the river near Kanchanaburi, there are some sick cunts out there.

Offline Tailpipe

Think he tells it the way he sees it which can appear harsh but clearly there are aspects of the place he likes , As he would not go as often as he has.

The balance of posts from other members give members who have not been the chance to read between the lines and form there own views as to weather it would suit them.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Think he tells it the way he sees it which can appear harsh but clearly there are aspects of the place he likes , As he would not go as often as he has.

The balance of posts from other members give members who have not been the chance to read between the lines and form there own views as to weather it would suit them.

Thanks for your comments.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let me tell you something about Thailand lovers, they are very loyal towards the ladies out there and won't have a bad word said against them, some guys get so carried away they come home and start talking about their "girlfriend", some will even send money out to her on a regular basis ------------ pure madness.   :crazy:

All I try to do is bring a bit of reality to the debate, it is a good destination for a single guy and in Pattaya you will have thousands of girls to choose from but the quality is very poor, I have thrown out this challenge many times without success ---- find me a You-Tube clip with beautiful bar girls in Pattaya, there are hundreds of clips to choose from.

The reason I have returned so many times is probably because I enjoyed my first half a dozen visits and I have simply got into a rut. Every single guy should visit Thailand at least once in their life.    :hi:

James999

Let me tell you something about Thailand lovers, they are very loyal towards the ladies out there and won't have a bad word said against them, some guys get so carried away they come home and start talking about their "girlfriend", some will even send money out to her on a regular basis ------------

And these same guys defend their girl with a passion, time after time I've heard "she's different" "she's from a village and not a pro$$ie" and time after time eventually they realise they were just a walking wallet to the girl.

The problem is the dustman living in Solihul can save up and act / feel like a king in thailand for a couple of weeks, and the girls will swarm around any farang they feel they can milk for cash.

These same guys who marry a 25 year old"lovely thai bride" also tend to be the ones that have not had a girlfriend previously, despite being 40 years old.

Offline Jimmyredcab

These same guys who marry a 25 year old"lovely thai bride" also tend to be the ones that have not had a girlfriend previously, despite being 40 years old.

Indeed, and once the girl gets settled here she will leave the old bastard and find someone her own age, luckily the authorities make it very hard to bring Thai girls into the UK.    :hi:

Sailormack

I would say that in all my years of going to Thailand I have never had a problem finding attractive girls. I would agree that the majority are lower quality but could you not say the same of any country, particularly the West with the obesity epidemic?

If you can afford to go (time and money) then my advice is go, and you will never look at life the same again. :yahoo:

There is something about that first trip that will stay with you forever but FOLLOW THE FUCKING RULES AND ADVICE OF THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELLING AND LIVING IN THAILAND  :hi:

Offline Vivago

The reason I have returned so many times is probably because I enjoyed my first half a dozen visits and I have simply got into a rut. 

:lol: ..so you returned another 19 times?  Fuck me, that must be the Grand Canyon of all ruts. :sarcastic:

You ought to try The Philippines.  More of a GFE.  Or do you think Filipinas are skanks as well?

James999

Indeed, and once the girl gets settled here she will leave the old bastard and find someone her own age, luckily the authorities make it very hard to bring Thai girls into the UK.

From the cases I've heard of the girl has stayed with the guys in the UK, but leached off them without mercy and became very cold towards them (little / no sex) and Thai women don't age well.

Sailormack

From the cases I've heard of the girl has stayed with the guys in the UK, but leached off them without mercy and became very cold towards them (little / no sex) and Thai women don't age well.

That's why you should fuck them and not marry them. :cool:

Women are valued mostly on their sexual value and this depreciates over time  :hi:

James999

I agree, but many of the guys have never had a girlfriend before and fall for all the bullshit they are dished up, and fall in love and bring them back, or sponser them  :sarcastic:

Sailormack

I agree, but many of the guys have never had a girlfriend before and fall for all the bullshit they are dished up, and fall in love and bring them back, or sponser them  :sarcastic:

Yes, perhaps it is us who try to help the unhelpable are the real fools  :cool:

Offline Jimmyredcab

You ought to try The Philippines.  More of a GFE.  Or do you think Filipinas are skanks as well?

Teaching your grandmother to suck eggs ----------------------------- again.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have been to Manila and Angelis City, November 4th 2008, some quality in the capital but Angelis City was indeed full of skanks.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Some simply can't settle here, they hate the weather, the food and want to get back to their family ------------ after they have drained the guy of his wealth obviously.    :thumbsdown:

Offline Vivago

Teaching your grandmother to suck eggs ----------------------------- again.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have been to Manila and Angelis City, November 4th 2008, some quality in the capital but Angelis City was indeed full of skanks.

Get sucking, granny J. :lol: As I own property in The Philippines and winter here every year, I think that I can claim a little bit more knowledge than you, about the place.  For example, it is Angeles City, not Angelis.

Are you a bottom feeder maybe?  It is easy to find skanks if you are fishing in the cheaper end of the pool.  Yes, there are plenty of skanks in Angeles as there is in Pattaya (and on AW), but there are also stunners to be found in both places.  And you don't have to look that hard.

But I fear that I waste my breath as a punter who see's skanks everywhere he looks, is obviously a burnt out hopeless case and ought to jack the hobby in. OMHO.  :hi:

James999

Get sucking, granny J. :lol: As I own property in The Philippines

It's not "top trumps" you saddo, and often people who have a "property" in a third world shit hole are bias to the place and try and talk it up, the reality is if you sold the "property" out there it wouldn't generate enough cash to buy a 5 year old fiat in the uk  :sarcastic:

Offline Vivago

It's not "top trumps" you saddo, and often people who have a "property" in a third world shit hole are bias to the place and try and talk it up, the reality is if you sold the "property" out there it wouldn't generate enough cash to buy a 5 year old fiat in the uk  :sarcastic:

What do you know about the property market in The Philippines?  Not a lot is my guess if your inane and stupid comments are any gauge.  Talking out your arse again but the forum seems to be endlessly forgiving.

And there is nothing more pitiful than a saddo who appears to spend most of his waking hours trolling a paid-sex consumer site and yet when it comes to hard info, contributes the square root of fuck all. :sarcastic:

JRC – that doesn't even remotely look like a Filipinan landscape or house.  Couldn't you have tried a bit harder and found a stock photo of a Manilan slum or a barrio nipa hut.  God knows, there are enough of them. 1 out of 10 for effort.

Offline Jimmyredcab

What do you know about the property market in The Philippines? 

I know absolutely nothing about property in The Philippines, what I do know is that it is a dangerous poverty stricken third world shithole.
Even the convenience stores have armed security guards.  :scare:

James999

What do you know about the property market in The Philippines?

From your reaction it is obvious that my comment touched a nerve, you may think you're billy big balls with the rice farmers in a third world shithole, but in the real world that shit doesn't wash, now go and fix your tin roof  :sarcastic:

Offline Vivago

From your reaction it is obvious that my comment touched a nerve, you may think you're billy big balls with the rice farmers in a third world shithole, but in the real world that shit doesn't wash, now go and fix your tin roof  :sarcastic:

Yawn..you are so predictable. Insult someone and when they respond in kind, say 'oh, I must have touched a nerve' and spout some more ill-informed shite. You really ought to try and read beyond page one of your Idiots Guide to Trolling. :D

BTW .... are you two a double act? :lol:

Offline Vivago

Living in a 'dangerous poverty stricken third world shithole' can have its compensations. :yahoo:

A recent friend.  Less than 30 squid for 3 hours, unlipops, CIM etc. No anal sadly. Quite a skank, huh? ;)

Offline Vivago

Are they your thai "girlfriends"  :sarcastic:

:lol: Is that the best brain fart that you could come up with? Pretty feeble and adolescent isn't it, even by your none too exacting standards. 

Does your Dad know that you are using his computer? :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:42:15 am by Vivago »