The problem with this place now is that a few blokes like to hang out here.
There is regulary 2-3 blokes stood outside smoking and then they all wonder back in. I went in few weeks ago and 2 blokes were sat on sofa's just hanging out. I cant imagine being sorted out by Daisy with a few ole boys having a listen. It sure to put blokes off and go elsewhere.
100% this.
I was sent on a work job in Weston during the heat wave a few weeks back, working just across the road from MMTR. Couldn't go in to check it out as I was with a customer, but I had lunch sat outside at Central Perks caff next door. Noticed various comings and goings in and out of MMTR in the half hour I was there, including what looked like a punter, then five minutes later a fat old guy who went in and stayed inside whilst punter bloke was still in there.
No attempt to shut up shop and no one seemed to greet old fat man.
Also noticed a couple of guys stood right next to the entrance smoking, exactly as you said Insignia, when I finished for the day around 4pm. That alone is going to be enough to put off all but the most brazen punters.
Even if you're only there for a massage, having some random bloke sat outside the room unattended to is an uncomfortable situation to be in. Could easily have been the local fuzz having a listen to activities. Likewise, the two smokers is intimidating and going to put off customers before they even go in, especially as she doesn't seem to bother to lock up shop.
Seriously, whoever runs this place needs to work out if they're running a massage parlour or a community drop in shop. Because it's not going to work as the former if she keeps operating it as the latter. And there's plenty of unemployed randoms with nothing better to do in Weston than hang around and bother you and put off your customers all day until you go bankrupt, it's full of them, and no doubt the reason the big Tesco has a security guard on the door.
No wonder you reported the owner as saying it was slow 18 months back. All of this shows a serious lack of awareness by the owner.
Seriously, makes you wonder how she's made it last so long if there's seemingly so little income walking in through the door.....
