Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Eurovision 2024  (Read 815 times)

Offline standardpostage

Eurovision 2024.

I wonder why we never won  :unknown:

Offline Jonestown

I think one newspaper pundit said The UK had brought cottaging to the Eurovision stage with a set depicting a public toilet.

Offline standardpostage

I think one newspaper pundit said The UK had brought cottaging to the Eurovision stage with a set depicting a public toilet.
:)

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
I avoided it as I do every year, however,  who one  :unknown:

Online scutty brown

I avoided it as I do every year, however,  who one  :unknown:

Some Spanish bloke (?) in a pink skirt and feather stole

Online scutty brown

Can we have Toyah & Robert next year?

Offline David1970

Which 5 countries pay for Eurovision?
The group was first formed in 2000 when a rule change saw the chance to pay to get to the grand final. For 11 years the Big Five consisted of just four, with the UK, Spain, France and Germany, but in 2011, Italy joined the group

I believe the British contribution is about £15 million a year, what a waste of money.

Online RandomGuy99

UK was awful. Didn't really use the size of the stage and vocals were bad.

I wanted Austria or Slovenia to win. Partly influenced by them both being hot.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:12:55 am by RandomGuy99 »

Online mr.bluesky

It's time this farce is axed, its not about music anymore its like a big gay jamboree   the acts are getting ridiculous every year. The UK are not likely to ever win it again as every fucker in Europe hates us although after recent events that title will probably go to Israel now.
Didn't watch it last night so as regards the UK entry sounding awful live its no surprise as most performers are only used to miming.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:52:35 am by mr.bluesky »

Online RandomGuy99

It's time this farce is axed, its not about music anymore its like a big gay jamboree   the acts are getting ridiculous every year. The UK are not likely to ever win it again as every fucker in Europe hates us although after recent events that title will probably go to Israel now.
Didn't watch it last night so as regards the UK entry sounding awful live its no surprise as most performers are only used to miming.
Israel did quite well.

The UK got lots of cheers, but I suspect they might have come from all the UK people in the stadium.

The UK never has any decent entrants and no decent UK acts really want to be associated with it as they'll probably lose.

Offline Jonestown

The UK has the performer talent and the musical & stage production expertises to turn up and be miles away the best on the night, but alas all the decisions are made by the BBC.

Offline simon07

The public vote (not sure how that is ranked for country population, voting bias etc) has a massive influence.

Uk got nul point from the public.
I preferred Croatia and France.

Online scutty brown

The public vote (not sure how that is ranked for country population, voting bias etc) has a massive influence.

Uk got nul point from the public.
I preferred Croatia and France.

It should have been obvious to BBC management that no-one is going to vote for a bunch of Dorothy's friends feeling each other up in a public toilet (or was it a gay sauna?). No chance of getting anywhere.
An excellent example of how the BBC is so fucked up at management level that it bears no relationship or affiliation with its audience

Offline ulstersubbie

An excellent example of how the BBC is so fucked up at management level that it bears no relationship or affiliation with its audience

+1

Offline David1970

It should have been obvious to BBC management that no-one is going to vote for a bunch of Dorothy's friends feeling each other up in a public toilet (or was it a gay sauna?). No chance of getting anywhere.

I personally think it’s shit, never watched it for years, waste of money but it was the 3rd most watched program, some people must like it.
External Link/Members Only

Offline southcoastpunter

i don't watch it anymore (not for about 15 years now) but some people have a "eurovison party" - inviting friends around, dressing up and drinks of course.

Its got so bad that its good!!!!(for a laugh or whatever)r

ps- and isn't our entry chosen by the public from a shortlist presented (by the BBC)?? It  used to be for quite a few years!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 12:57:43 pm by southcoastpunter »

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Never watched it for years.
It keeps the culture wars alive though.
GBNews seems very concerned for some reason.
And even more bizarrely Sky News Australia

Offline southcoastpunter

Never watched it for years.
It keeps the culture wars alive though.
GBNews seems very concerned for some reason.
And even more bizarrely Sky News Australia

thats probably because somehow, Australia got included as "Europe" - at least as far as Eurovision was concerned and got itself an entry to the song competition (not sure if it still is)

Online RandomGuy99

thats probably because somehow, Australia got included as "Europe" - at least as far as Eurovision was concerned and got itself an entry to the song competition (not sure if it still is)
They didn't make it past the semi-finals this year.

Offline StingRay

Oh no, I missed it watching for Northern Lights! That was fucked too!

Offline bigden40

Israel did quite well.

The UK got lots of cheers, but I suspect they might have come from all the UK people in the stadium.

The UK never has any decent entrants and no decent UK acts really want to be associated with it as they'll probably lose.

It was only 2 years ago that Sam Ryder was robbed a massive public sympathy vote for Ukraine.

It’s not because people hate us, it’s because our entries have been shite. 

This year's entry would not have made the cut for a Years and Years album, yet the Years and Years singer went with it anyway.

Offline Ahalfa Carling

I was speaking to a gay friend earlier, and his opinion of the "staging" of the song, was that having it set in a scruffy shower area has done nothing at all for the LGBTQ community at all, and if anything it will set back the views/opinions of the non gay community something like 20 years as to the general perception/behaviour of gays.

I tend to agree.

Personally speaking, I'd like to see the UK start a campaign to get "Jeux Sans Frontieres" up and running again; it's been long enough to forget about the controversy with Mr Hall, and we would at least stand a chance of beating the Belgians!!

It would be better family night entertainment than Michael McIntyre!!

Online mr.bluesky

Personally speaking, I'd like to see the UK start a campaign to get "Jeux Sans Frontieres" up and running again; it's been long enough to forget about the controversy with Mr Hall, and we would at least stand a chance of beating the Belgians!!

It would be better family night entertainment than Michael McIntyre!!

Germans would probably win it every week, The French would throw a strop if they didn't win and we'd be gallant runners up every week. The Italians would be shit but would always look stylish.  :D

Offline Ahalfa Carling

Germans would probably win it every week, The French would throw a strop if they didn't win and we'd be gallant runners up every week. The Italians would be shit but would always look stylish.  :D

maybe we would lose every week, but at least it would be because we were shit, and not because the rest of Europe hates us.

Offline radioman33

Watched 10 minutes,was terrible,the favourites Croatia were a joke,it’s hardly family viewing with the way they dress.

Offline GreyDave

Who would have the biggest bouncest Tits ? That would be great combined with the water games  :D :D :D

Online RandomGuy99

Need more acts like Gina G or an Ed Sheeran.

Offline standardpostage

Offline myothernameis

I liked Finland song, No Rules, and a catchy song, and a brilliant and crazy performance.  Think in one of the rehearsals windows 95, penis popped out of his pants   :scare: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Boom-Banga-Banga-Boom... B-O-R-I-N-G

This pile of crap should be put down and out of its misery!...

Offline diver ted

Still going back to Poland's entry in 2014!
1m32s; 2m12s; 2m50s - you get the idea!

all beautifully parodied by Mel Giedroyc nine years later with Hannah Waddingham front and centre...

Offline GreyDave

That is not the smell of Elizabeth Arden was this an entry

Should of been  :hi: :hi: Im gonna do one "There`s cat shit in my Garden"  I reckon id do better than this years :D :D :D

Just Checked it was Danish in 1982 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 08:39:39 am by GreyDave »

Online RandomGuy99

Still going back to Poland's entry in 2014!
1m32s; 2m12s; 2m50s - you get the idea!

all beautifully parodied by Mel Giedroyc nine years later with Hannah Waddingham front and centre...
This one is a fuller version of Poland's entry

Offline bozzyman

The gays have turned it into a depraved celebration of being a poof.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Any reason for the homophobic post?

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The question I asked requires an answer.

Offline Private Parts

The question I asked requires an answer.
Davie M. Can we bunch these idiots with the misogynist mob and just say thanks but no thanks.
Apols if I’m treading on someone’s toes. :hi:

Offline DastardlyDick

Who would have the biggest bouncest Tits ? That would be great combined with the water games  :D :D :D

Those were the two reasons for watching "It's a Knockout" or "Jeux Sans Frontiere", especially if the water was a bit chilly!

Offline DastardlyDick

The "somehow" is simple - the Aussies handed Eurovision suitable amounts of wonga!I

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 12:46:57 pm by DastardlyDick »

Offline DastardlyDick

I believe the British contribution is about £15 million a year, what a waste of money.

Which is why the UK gets a place in the Final every year, and why the Beeb can enter any  old shite.

Offline DastardlyDick

Need more acts like Gina G or an Ed Sheeran.

I agree, but Gina G is actually Australian, so hardly an example of "home grown talent".

Online RandomGuy99

I agree, but Gina G is actually Australian, so hardly an example of "home grown talent".
Ssshh!! We don't tell people that.