Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Reviews  (Read 2402 times)

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I'm obviously not privy to that information, policing the site must be hard enough  :hi:
We keep saying if anyone comes across a member asking question or making comments about punting but not reviewing report it and we'll look at it and take the necessary action.

Lurkers are a fact of life on any forum, there's nothing much can be done about it.

Offline gbyld87

We keep saying if anyone comes across a member asking question or making comments about punting but not reviewing report it and we'll look at it and take the necessary action.

Lurkers are a fact of life on any forum, there's nothing much can be done about it.

One can only hope a lurker becomes a contributor when they feel ready.  Not everyone jumps in with their dick out and leaves a string of reviews off the bat.  For many it'll likely be a slow process to build up to their first go I expect.  Or maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

Offline Uk765

Simple solution, if you come across something like that then report it and the mods will look into how often they use the site and if appropriate ask why they haven't reviewed, if they don't give a suitable answer or ignore the question the 30 day countdown to a ban will be started.

The mods can't look at every post or thread so we rely on post reports from those members who do see them.

All explained here - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=395270.msg4009481#msg4009481 - procedures are in place to cut down on lurkers all you have to do is use them.

Thanks for letting me know this  :thumbsup:
I think it was mentioned in the link above with Davie posted, someone suggested looking at the member's who are logged in on the main page.... I've just clicked on a couple of the names on there. Straight away members for year's, no post's and no reviews. Hard to police by the mods, when they already monitor post's and reviews.

Yeah a few times I've clicked a few random names in the 'online now' section and saw 2 or 3  accounts that were 7-8 years old with 0 posts.

Offline Iloveoral

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 387
Interesting thread, I’d like to add, the rating chosen by the reviewer imo is their choice, I’ve had a few reviews that have been mildly light greens, thought questionable as neutral or negative, my choice was my choice for various reasons.
We all rate things differently and thats what keeps this place fresh, opinions.

Offline chipsdigme

Yeah I’m getting tired handing over large sums of money and getting average service. I always think after I could have had a wank and used that money for something else. Thinking of knocking the sex on the head. Might have the odd massage with he but prices are getting crazy and putting me off booking

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Thanks for letting me know this  :thumbsup:
I think you have the wrong idea about lurkers, as of today this site has 137,454 members, how many of those do you suppose contribute regularly?

You've sent me a list of who you claim to be lurkers but the first one I looked at hadn't posted at all and the second had only posted twice in 2017, I didn't look at any more as they aren't doing any harm and we are not going to take action against that type of member.

I'll try and explain again, lurkers are a fact of life on any forum, there's nothing anyone can do about it. However if you come across anyone asking questions or making it obvious they punt but don't review then report those ones by clicking the 'report to moderator' link on the right hand side of the post they have done so on.

If the site owner, admin or any of the mods were that way inclined we can look at the membership list and see who has posted and who hasn't but it is the ones who use the site by asking questions etc that we will take action on.

I've explained the way it works so do not send me any more messages, if and when you come across a member as described above report it in the way detailed.

Offline spicyweasel

Yeah I’m getting tired handing over large sums of money and getting average service. I always think after I could have had a wank and used that money for something else. Thinking of knocking the sex on the head. Might have the odd massage with he but prices are getting crazy and putting me off booking

I feel you, most of the time I'd rather be pampered and let the girl do all the work which is guaranteed from a massage. IMO some of the best services going around here are massages from natblack in Derby and jasmine thai in Notts, both not too expensive. Seems most decent FS providers are hiking their prices at astonishing rates and not offering anything more for it.

Offline Mansfieldman

I think this thread has taken a turn since my original post…. I totally agree that alot of the better punts are the Thai or just massages….
I’ve returned off holiday and the first day back I was straight to my reagular for a lovely massage, good banter and a first class oily handjob… all for £50.. and she takes card!
Anyway I’m certainly way more picky with my punts …

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I think this thread has taken a turn since my original post…. I totally agree that alot of the better punts are the Thai or just massages….
I’ve returned off holiday and the first day back I was straight to my reagular for a lovely massage, good banter and a first class oily handjob… all for £50.. and she takes card!
Anyway I’m certainly way more picky with my punts …
You haven't explained what you think is funny about you trying to dictate how people rate their reviews or the time a mod has wasted explaining it is something we are trying to get away from.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Can’t remember now
Well maybe I should give you a two week break to refresh your memory.

Offline Mansfieldman

Oh no, what will I do with myself.. ban me for forever mate .. literally couldn’t give a flying fuck …

Offline hunkybc

guys, at the end of the day....we all have different expectations and attractions.  What I enjoy, may be not what the next guy enjoys! Reviews are individual, but the whole point is that we get an "idea" of what the punt was like!

Offline Uk765

I think you have the wrong idea about lurkers, as of today this site has 137,454 members, how many of those do you suppose contribute regularly?

You've sent me a list of who you claim to be lurkers but the first one I looked at hadn't posted at all and the second had only posted twice in 2017, I didn't look at any more as they aren't doing any harm and we are not going to take action against that type of member.

I'll try and explain again, lurkers are a fact of life on any forum, there's nothing anyone can do about it. However if you come across anyone asking questions or making it obvious they punt but don't review then report those ones by clicking the 'report to moderator' link on the right hand side of the post they have done so on.

If the site owner, admin or any of the mods were that way inclined we can look at the membership list and see who has posted and who hasn't but it is the ones who use the site by asking questions etc that we will take action on.

I've explained the way it works so do not send me any more messages, if and when you come across a member as described above report it in the way detailed.

Fair enough. Thank you for telling me. All I will say is this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm when it comes to writing the next review.  :timeout:

Offline PilotMan

Fair enough. Thank you for telling me. All I will say is this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm when it comes to writing the next review:timeout:

There's gonna be lurkers and leaches, there's no getting away from that.

We have to rise above that and do our best to make this a place where people want to contribute, participate and get good intel.

As for @Mansfieldman, it was clear that he put his foot in his mouth and was guilty of the very thing of which he was complaining about at the start of the thread. Then he took offence to having this pointed out and instead of acknowledging his error, he tried to turn the tables on everyone and claim that his original post was a wind-up.

I actually got more the impression that he was criticising other's reviews because he wasn't happy about the price they paid, rather than the actual quality of the punt. He more or less said so in his responses.

He continued on, and like an immature child he decided to throw his toys out of the pram, which led to his ban.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 12:19:51 pm by PilotMan »

Offline PilotMan

guys, at the end of the day....we all have different expectations and attractions.  What I enjoy, may be not what the next guy enjoys! Reviews are individual, but the whole point is that we get an "idea" of what the punt was like!

Exactly that.

It's always been the case here that it is solely the reviewer that decides the rating. On a rare occasion a reviewer changes his mind, but that's what constructive feedback and dialogue is all about.

I sometimes read a neutral, or even a negative review, and think that I would still like to punt the SP. We're all different, and the better for it.

Offline nuckingfuts

.. literally couldn’t give a flying fuck …

Mhmm. Yup. Suuure. Real convincing  :thumbsup:
Keep telling yourself that, and you might just believe it.

Bon chance 🫶

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Fair enough. Thank you for telling me. All I will say is this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm when it comes to writing the next review.  :timeout:
What do you suggest we do? You haven't been here long enough to know about the time OldAdmin brought a rule in that members had to post or they got banned, he also gave forum helpers the power to freeze accounts of those not contributing, it was an unmitigated disaster and was soon dropped and every frozen account unfrozen.

Fortunately most members accept that lurkers are a fact of life and continue to use the site in the way it is intended and unselfishly post reviews to benefit everyone.

The ethos of the site now is to encourage, guide and help members whether new to the site or new to posting and the facility is in place to encourage contributions.

There are members here with a review count in double figures but didn't post one for sometimes over a year from joining, what a sad loss they would have been if they'd been banned as lurkers during that initial time.

Offline Newtothisstuff

I agree.  There are some well known contributors who simply take a break from punting for a while.  I'm not in that category, but I did take a break for quite a while when I was ill. Not many SPs do outcalls to hospitals, so it was an enforced break.  By the old rules, I'd have been banned or had the account frozen. Now I'm better and back to my dirty old ways, I post on here again.
This forum is great for sharing knowledge. But, some will be nervous to post because the more you post, the more you risk giving enough information to identify yourself. An SP may recognise you from your review etc.  So some people prefer to lurk. I don't have a problem with that. Think of all the times people post warnings about scams, closet barebackers and robbers. At least they're able to see the threads and the warning messages get out there.
As long as enough people post reviews and comments to make reading the forum worthwhile, what does it matter if others lurk in the background?

Offline Iloveoral

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 387
The forum is a much better place now, been hard work for all involved but a fantastic difference  :drinks:

Offline Mutinyonthecounty

The forum is a much better place now, been hard work for all involved but a fantastic difference  :drinks:

I would agree pal.

I’ve been here since 2013 and I saw what it was like previously.

It was a place where there was constant bickering and conflict between members and even between different regions.

It could get quite intimidating if you were new to all this. It was a place which didn’t particularly encourage new members to raise their heads, for fear of getting shot down. It is a far healthier place now and far more supportive of new members contributing.

It takes time and hard work to turn things around I guess, but it feels like a better place now.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:30:39 pm by Mutinyonthecounty »

Offline ulstersubbie

I agree. When I joined back in 2018 the atmosphere on the forum was quite intimidating, and I admit I did get into the odd spat with other members, so I am not totally blameless. Nowadays though, the forum is much more user friendly and less toxic and hopefully will continue that way.

Offline Newtothisstuff

Definitely. I've been here since 2015 and it's a far better place than it used to be.  There were too many people looking for arguments or to score points against each other. New members were treated with derision at times. It wasn't a "bad" forum before. It just wasn't as friendly and it felt as though some girls were protected by aggressive fan boys.  No forum is ever going to be perfect, but there has been a definite change for the better. As the previous owner admitted himself on more than one occasion, the site had grown faster than his ability to monitor and police it and it was taking too much of his time.