Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: American hospitals "honor walk"  (Read 224 times)

Online catweazle

I recently stumbled across a YouTube video of the "honor walk" in an American hospital.

When someone is technically  dead ( presumably  brain stem dead), and are also organ donor willing, they will be kept "alive" ( heart beating, respiration etc mechanically performed).

Then when the organ recipient is ready, the "dead" patient is wheeled along in their hospital  bed to the operating theatre, and the staff all line the corridor to "honor" the donor.

I find this unsettling and slightly macabre.   I know the donor is actually  already dead, in most senses of the word   but seeing them wheeled along to be 'switched off' and harvested is upsetting.

Certainly  organ donors should be praised for the selflessness of the donation, but it feels wrong somehow  -take this person into an operating theatre and  effectively terminate their life, while dozens of hospital  staff look on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:39:36 am by catweazle »

Online RandomGuy99

I recently stumbled across a YouTube video of the "honor walk" in an American hospital.

When someone is technically  dead ( presumably  brain stem dead), and are also organ donor willing, they will be kept "alive" ( heart beating, respiration etc mechanically performed).

Then when the organ recipient is ready, the "dead" patient is wheeled along in their hospital  bed to the operating theatre, and the staff all line the corridor to "honor" the donor.

I find this unsettling and slightly macabre.   I know the donor is actually  already dead, in most senses of the word   but seeing them wheeled along to be 'switched off' and harvested is upsetting.

Certainly  organ donors should be praised for the selflessness of the donation, but it feels wrong somehow  -take this person into an operating theatre and  effectively terminate their life, while dozens of hospital  staff look on.
I think it's more for the dead person's family. 

The person has already died and their body is just being kept alive so they can harvest the organs.

Offline standardpostage

Also called a hero walk.

Just a sign of respect, that's all.