Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Things you think are over rated  (Read 5635 times)

Offline mr.bluesky

I apologise: it was a trivial comment

But you are at least consistently illiterate. It is misspelled or misspelt.

That's what dyslexia does for you.

Offline Zebedee70

Led Zeppelin. Self indulgent muso back slapping. Give me Teenage Kicks  4 times in a row than stairway to heaven once

Online David1970

Spelling and grammar, if people know what you mean what’s the issue, except some some people being pedantic.

Offline mr.bluesky

Spelling and grammar, if people know what you mean what’s the issue, except some some people being pedantic.

:thumbsup: well said. You'd think some people would have better things to do than worry about someone's spelling and grammar but hey-ho if it makes them happy.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:52:53 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline JontyR

At risk of turning into "things I don't like" thread.

I think that you don't have to hate something to think it's over rated. You can appreciate it, just not get why others rave about it.

I think Ant and Dec are overrated. I don't hate them, I just don't see why they are considered so good at what they do. To me they seem competent, nothing more.

DonnaX. 

I don't think Greggs is overrated. I don't know anyone who rates it massively anyway.

Peter Kay I thought was overrated. Didn't hate him, just didn't get why folks raved about him.

Brand specific beer glasses in pubs.

Dubai.

High end indian restaurants.

Offline I like natural boobs

Dr.Who

Yes!. Thank you. I thought I was the only man on planet Earth who doesn't like Dr. Who. I think it's totally over-rated.

Offline I like natural boobs

I agree that most American comedy shows aren't that good but to be fair to the americans  at least they were able to recognise that Robbie Williams isn't that good.

Offline webpunter

Sorry I didn't realise this was an English examination  :dash:
I bet you're a retired English teacher.
( but you missed the fact that Blackpool Rock also miss spelt overrated in the subject title  :sarcastic:)

Shakespear is boring
Innit
Yeah did it in school blah blah
I'm thinking failed english teacher, side shifted to drama
Those who can do, those who cant teach

Offline Corus Boy

Dinner at a  restaurant, and they way they serve the food, skimpy portions, but also over priced, so main course will cost you £50

I prefer a restaurant where you get a wholesome meal, and and at good price

And not served on a Slate, Shovel or Roof Tile!

Also not a plate with items served in individual pots.

Offline mr.bluesky

Yes!. Thank you. I thought I was the only man on planet Earth who doesn't like Dr. Who. I think it's totally over-rated.

Used to love watching it as a kid but after a succession of poor choices of actors picked to play the part and too woke story lines and characters  it is now well past its  "sell by date"

Offline sir wanksalot

I agree that most American comedy shows aren't that good but to be fair to the americans  at least they were able to recognise that Robbie Williams isn't that good.

Very much a question of personal taste.

America has been the home of some great comedy shows over the years.........which I loved anyway!

Garry Shandling show
Home Improvements
Seinfeld
Cheers

and many more

Online PilotMan

Used to love watching it as a kid but after a succession of poor choices of actors picked to play the part and too woke story lines and characters  it is now well past its  "sell by date"

As a kid those Daleks scared the shit out of me  :scare: :sarcastic:

Offline Blackpool Rock

At risk of turning into "things I don't like" thread.

I think that you don't have to hate something to think it's over rated. You can appreciate it, just not get why others rave about it.

I think Ant and Dec are overrated. I don't hate them, I just don't see why they are considered so good at what they do. To me they seem competent, nothing more.

DonnaX. 

I don't think Greggs is overrated. I don't know anyone who rates it massively anyway.

Peter Kay I thought was overrated. Didn't hate him, just didn't get why folks raved about him.

Brand specific beer glasses in pubs.

Dubai.

High end indian restaurants.
I'm not sure how it's passed anyone by, various articles all over the web about how they have achieved "Cult" status and this one even talks about them being an "Icon", more branches than McDonalds

External Link/Members Only

Offline berksboy

Football

!00%  :drinks:  Seeing so called grown up men crying over a game of football is beyond pathetic.

Offline JontyR

I'm not sure how it's passed anyone by, various articles all over the web about how they have achieved "Cult" status and this one even talks about them being an "Icon", more branches than McDonalds

External Link/Members Only
I'm not saying that they aren't prolific. I'm just saying that I don't think swathes of people are going off about how great they are...you know...overrating them. They are a functional addition to the high street. Like Boots.

Kids a few years ago used to go on about a "cheeky Nando's" is there anything equivalent for Greggs?

Offline mr.bluesky

You only had to run up a flight of stairs to escape them though. :D
I think modern day daleks can hover now  :dash:

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Women across the globe fly to Britain to have sex with British men. People rate the British man's economy at the very least. Nobody does sex tourism for British women.
It was meant to be a light hearted joke. Sort of to back up the disrespectful and misogynist tone of the original post I think I quoted.
But your point about the economy is interesting.
Women may come to Britain to snag an affluent British male .
I doubt that wealthy American and European women are scouring the streets of Clacton, Rochdale , Merthyr Tydfil or East Kilbride for said lotharios.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Dr Who
Star Wars
Lager
Champagne
Reality TV
Soap Operas
The Apprentice
Dragons Den

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Daleks didn't bother me tbh.
Give me a dalek over Jimmy Savile any day.
Now he was hide behind the settee material

Offline catweazle

I know this is all subjective, and the title is things YOU think.....", but I love the early Star Wars trilogy ( episodes 3 -5).

I was heavily into sci-fi when the first film came out in 1977, and actually got invited to a prerelease screening  in a cinema  on Tottenham Court Road.

The audience ( admittedly all scifi fans,) actually  applauded  the titles.

What struck me at the time was that, unlike so many  previous sci-fi films,  things in this film looked used - like Luke's battered speeder.

The films started going downhill  when they got Jim Henson and Frank Oz involved - Jabba's lair is a glorified  Muppet Show.

Online Dickled

Theatre shows - I think I've seen over 100 shows in my life and I reckon there were 5 I enjoyed.
I agree with this.
There's something about watching something on a big screen or a little one, and I find it easy to suspend disbelief, and really immerse myself if it's something I'm really into.
When it comes to theatre though, where there's no medium of cinema or TV screen involved, I'm just aware I'm watching real people on a stage, I find suspension of disbelief impossible, and my level of enjoyment is much reduced.
Also football. Do I think it's overrated? Yes. The way some footballers and ex-footballers are worshipped borders on idolatry.
Great athletes but great men?

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'm not saying that they aren't prolific. I'm just saying that I don't think swathes of people are going off about how great they are...you know...overrating them. They are a functional addition to the high street. Like Boots.

Kids a few years ago used to go on about a "cheeky Nando's" is there anything equivalent for Greggs?
I've heard plenty of people wax lyrical about the place, one opened up in a petrol station about a mile down the road from where I worked a few years ago and one guy was almost having an orgasm about it.
I stated that it was cheap shit and appeared to be in the minority of 1 as apparently everyone thought it was great and quite a few would drive down there on their break just to buy a sausage roll but take orders for anyone else who wanted anything.

The main response to me saying it was shit was for a few people to simply maintain "No but it's Greggs", I believe that a lot of people have actually jumped on this bandwagon across the country

Online PilotMan

I agree with this.
There's something about watching something on a big screen or a little one, and I find it easy to suspend disbelief, and really immerse myself if it's something I'm really into.
When it comes to theatre though, where there's no medium of cinema or TV screen involved, I'm just aware I'm watching real people on a stage, I find suspension of disbelief impossible, and my level of enjoyment is much reduced.

It shows how we all have different feelings about things, I love the Theatre and go quite frequently.

I really enjoy the live performances and feel fully immersed in a good performance. I never have an issue thinking that they're just actors on stage.

I appreciate the variation of the art form and, just like TV, if the show is good I get lost in it, the converse is also true for me on both mediums.

Offline shed

!00%  :drinks:  Seeing so called grown up men crying over a game of football is beyond pathetic.

You into hockey 🏑🏒 or bowls,  :lol:

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Dr Who
Star Wars
Lager
Champagne
Reality TV
Soap Operas
The Apprentice
Dragons Den

Yes to all of those and I will add

Ugg boots
Branded clothing that has their logo sprawled all over the front of it, I refuse to pay to advertise for them.
Nandoes,  expensive chicken and chips done badly
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 05:03:38 pm by MissWolf »

Offline mr.bluesky

Jazz music, sounds like half a dozen musicians all playing  different tunes on different instruments  :unknown:

Offline Jomoore

So what (apart from this thread  :rolleyes:) do people just don't "Get" and think is over rated  :unknown:

Plastic tits. I always avoid them when known in advance, and if they emerge when mid-appointment, they usually cause me to lose wood.  Why do girls do this to themselves?

Offline berksboy

You into hockey 🏑🏒 or bowls,  :lol:

Boxing and rugby , thats why i fine football a joke someone takes a light touch and hes down like hes been shoot !

Offline Blackpool Rock

Jazz music, sounds like half a dozen musicians all playing  different tunes on different instruments  :unknown:
There is actually a very good reason for this.................. It is  :hi:

Online ulstersubbie

I am an afficianado, inherited my love of the genre from my father but I appreciate it's not for everybody. I also enjoy classical music, again for a lot of people it's an acquired taste. Personally I can't stand rap, hip hop and other associated noise. 

Offline Blackpool Rock

I am an afficianado, inherited my love of the genre from my father but I appreciate it's not for everybody. I also enjoy classical music, again for a lot of people it's an acquired taste. Personally I can't stand rap, hip hop and other associated noise.
Just wonder how you feel about Trance  :unknown:
Personally I like it and a lot of it is based on Classical music, i'm actually thinking of seeking out some classical to listen to  :thumbsup:

Offline chrishornx

Offline mr.bluesky

I 100% agree on rap, hip hop and garage,  classical music is fine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:49:09 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline PepeMAGA

Women across the globe fly to Britain to have sex with British men. People rate the British man's economy at the very least. Nobody does sex tourism for British women.
Where are these women?

Offline PepeMAGA

Martin 'know it all' Lewis
I think he has some good tips in his newsletter but has a weird energy on TV.

Offline sir wanksalot

I always thought Robbie Williams' sex appeal was over rated.

As a hetero bloke I can still see why women find most male "sex symbols" attractive but with Robbie I never really got it

Offline SonofAJohn

• Temp ban until
    23/05/24 @ 19:14
  • Reviews: 18
Where are these women?
Foreign, non English-speaking women are reviewed everyday on here.

Offline PepeMAGA

Foreign, non English-speaking women are reviewed everyday on here.
Ah ok, you mean prostitutes, not civilians

Offline Thephoenix

As a hetero bloke I can still see why women find most male "sex symbols" attractive but with Robbie I never really got it

Same for Rod Stewart?? :unknown:

Offline Ghost89

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

You’re missing the point. Robbie Williams is overrated end of.

Offline Corus Boy

Offline mr.bluesky

You’re missing the point. Robbie Williams is overrated end of.

As Noel Gallagher described him " the fat dancer from take that"  :lol:

Offline berksboy

I think he has some good tips in his newsletter but has a weird energy on TV.

Its his none stop shouting i cant stand.  :timeout:

Offline sir wanksalot

Its his none stop shouting i cant stand.  :timeout:

She is. I always thought he sounded gay

Online WARSZAWA16

Talking of Daleks
“Fancy a cuppa?”
“Go on.”
“I’ll stick the Dalek on.”

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline berksboy

So called influencers and deranged idiots and their life hacks on tic tok. Was some good stuff on there but in the end  i just delete it and X and the same time.FB had a look and thats gone as well.Other SM just cant be arsed with it.