Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Condom broke. Advice please.  (Read 7463 times)

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
You should use the search facility, top right of the screen. Already several threads in relation to this..... The mist recent being https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=392127.0
Merged.

Offline nickcrowne666

Hey All,

Hope everyone is enjoying 2024 so far.  Long Story short, the condom broke during sex with an SP and we did not realize until the end (accidental creampie)...

She was surprisingly calm and reassured me that she never does it without condoms and does monthly check ups.  I am still quite worried and went to a clinic for advice on HIV PEP.  I was also surprised by how surprisingly low the risk is for HIV transmission in unprotected inserted vaginal sex (0.04% to 0.08%).  The clinician took a bunch of info and mentioned that in my situation, it is generally not recommended for the PEP.  I am still within the 72 hours window should I go tomorrow and I am still assessing whether this is a prophylactic measure that I should take.

Anyone has got any experience with something similar?  Should I or should I not go for the PEP (I live with a regular partner and popping 84 pills in the next 28 days may raise some red flags).  Any input would be appreciated!

Bear in mind the 0.08% is the risk to women and the 0.04% is the risk for men.

Yes a very low risk, I still think I would’ve been better taking PEP than living with the paranoia of the last 4 weeks (still a little until I re-test a little later) as all my joy was sucked out by this. I take lots of supplements and vitamins and could’ve hidden it there.

Anyway, even if you don’t it sounds like a very low risk scenario. Stay positive while you wait.

Offline JontyR

Hey All,

Hope everyone is enjoying 2024 so far.  Long Story short, the condom broke during sex with an SP and we did not realize until the end (accidental creampie)...

She was surprisingly calm and reassured me that she never does it without condoms and does monthly check ups.  I am still quite worried and went to a clinic for advice on HIV PEP.  I was also surprised by how surprisingly low the risk is for HIV transmission in unprotected inserted vaginal sex (0.04% to 0.08%).  The clinician took a bunch of info and mentioned that in my situation, it is generally not recommended for the PEP.  I am still within the 72 hours window should I go tomorrow and I am still assessing whether this is a prophylactic measure that I should take.

Anyone has got any experience with something similar?  Should I or should I not go for the PEP (I live with a regular partner and popping 84 pills in the next 28 days may raise some red flags).  Any input would be appreciated!

I had cause to take a course of PEP, I certainly don't remember it being anything like the regimen you describe here, either in terms of the number of tablets in a day or the length of the course. (my only real recollection though was that the tablets were pretty chunky).  In terms of the window, there may be 72 hours but the earlier you commence the better.

You are correct in terms of the lower risk profile for the "active" rather than "receptive" partner.  The risk after all is zero if the other partner isn't carrying anything.

Did you detail to the clinic that the incident was with a sex worker? They may have profiled you differently if you had. 

Offline caesarhomer20220

Thanks for the advice!  Yes, I have mentioned that the partner was a sex worker and the clinician even followed up with her nationality and whether she is based in the UK.  The risk level with SW and civi women in UK is apparently more or less the same.

I will prob take the course then so I don't have to live in the shadow of constant fear for a couple of weeks.  I can live with chlamydia or something else that can be addressed relatively quickly by antibiotics.  Glad to know that I am not the only paranoid one here

Offline caesarhomer20220

Hi all,

OP here - just had an 'all clear' from this batch of tests. I'll likely do it again in 2 months to ensure it's 100% for things like Syphilis and Hepatitis - but this it's definitely a big relief for now.
SP seems to be working lots and hasn't been in touch (if she could find me...), so my paranoia is slightly fading...

Thanks all

Really glad to hear this!

Offline PumpDump

Hey All,

I took PEP before, I was fucking a SP bare and when I withdrew I realised I had a small tear on my foreskin and there was blood everywhere! The nurse told me the risk was so low he didn't advise PEP but I took it anyway. However looking back I was being paranoid and I would not take it again.