Unless you do a prenup it’s not worth getting married,it’s dying out.Kevin Costner case is pretty nasty one.
Short sighted, and to most everything comes down to money.
I first got divorced @ 23, we had 2 houses, and a business I helped her start with her mother, so she could work around the kids, lets just say what she said. Great father, useless husband "

.
I walked away from the business, let her handle the sale of one house, I know she sold it for more than she said

, she was given the other, I carried on working hard and playing even harder. had a few relationships but they were never going to work, not the way I was living life.
The deal with this was not getting chased, or asked for regular cash for her, of course the child was looked after, so were her subsequent ones and cousins, treated like my own, holidays, clothes etc, believe it or not, taking more than 1 child on holiday is much easier than 1, I often had 7, for most of the School summer holidays with me, and subsequently the second wife, in Ireland.
We have remained good friends, and I was with both her subsequent husbands, and the children from those.
Just last week the youngest and her BF, handed their car over to valet parkers, who refused it once they had left, because the mot expired, I took the truck to the airport, paid to get it out of short term, took it for an mot, bought the 2 new tyres it needed, so it was ready for their return.
5 years or so later, met the second wife, married maybe 9 years later, how the fuck she put up with me

, joining in was the only way. Along the way though, she persuaded me to buy another house, stop renting, and as I got older, the lifestyle got harder to recover from, the playing away though, was a different matter.
More than 30 years after meeting, we are still married, but separated around 8 years now, I am living in the house we bought, a time will come when divorce is required, and I will HAPPILY, without any fight, hand over half the money, at the moment I pay half her rent her credit card, which she does not abuse, and help out financially in other ways if required.
We too, are very good friends, as I am with both of their families, though I think I posted this before, the first wives mother, meeting me at a funeral and suffering from dementia, took one look at me and said " please tell me you are not back with my daughter "

The truth is I may not be here, or a right fucking mess, the way I lived my life, I certainly would not be living in a bought and paid for house, it is not just one partner that pays for it or looks after it.
I do tend to look back with no regrets in anything, cannot change the past, and the future will throw up whatever it does.
Always going to be a one sided view on a mostly male forum, so another view on the subject from someone who has experienced the subject

.
Not once has a solicitor been involved, there have been no fights or battles, communication is always the key, so is admitting when you are wrong, I might be odd, but I cannot understand hatred for someone you have spent a lot of time with

, Maybe just been lucky, like to think it is more. Though I do not get hung up on monogamy
