Author Topic: Adultwork insisting SPs post full face images or risk deactivation!  (Read 12036 times)

Offline Bat

Apologies if this has been discussed already. I’ve searched but didn’t see anything.

I’ve heard today, from 2 SPs, that AW has told them they have to upload a full face picture without any blurring or covering or their account will be deactivated.

Both of them have had their accounts shut down in under 24 hours. It was a progressive thing with firstly their profiles being shown as inactive and being content providers only on the main site and a partial block on the mobile version, and then a complete deactivation.

It seems only to be for non-UK nationals at the moment.

I can imagine various reasons why they might be doing this, pimping, bait & switch, human trafficking etc but it’s happening to legitimate, fully verified, accounts.

It’s potentially quite dangerous if they force independents to publish face images or lose their main source of marketing / income.

Seriously bad news for punters as well if it takes huge numbers of non-UK SPs out of the simple AW search game.

It feels like this ought to be illegal, and is clearly discriminatory, but I can’t think of appropriate laws that would cover it.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 09:54:24 pm by Bat »

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Non UK nationals having to upload a face pic has been like that for years, it's nothing new.

It's their site so their rules.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 09:59:10 pm by daviemac »

Offline Bat

Non UK nationals having to upload a face pic has been like that for years, it's nothing new.

It's their site so their rules.

Ah, I’ve not seen this before. I have about 50 non-uk nationals on my HL and not a single one has a face pic on their profile (I checked earlier today).

Maybe AW are toughening up on their policies.

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,770
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
It feels like this ought to be illegal, and is clearly discriminatory, but I can’t think of appropriate laws that would cover it.

How is it discriminatory?

Put yourself in the seat of AW.

You're providing a service that is allowing businesses (SP's) to operate and make money (example picture gallery sales). All businesses have an obligation to know who they are trading with - it's part of a wider effort by the authorities to prevent money laundering and tax evasion. I doubt that they fall under FCA rules, but I suspect they need to be whiter than white and one way of doing that is following KYC type protocols.

I doubt you'll find any laws that would show this to be illegal.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Ah, I’ve not seen this before. I have about 50 non-uk nationals on my HL and not a single one has a face pic on their profile (I checked earlier today).

Maybe AW are toughening up on their policies.
I doubt very much that AW are saying an SP must have a face pic which is visible to Joe Public, more likely that they need to upload a face pic for the verification which is now hidden  :unknown:

Logically AW are mopping up profiles which still don't comply  :unknown:

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
I doubt very much that AW are saying an SP must have a face pic which is visible to Joe Public, more likely that they need to upload a face pic for the verification which is now hidden  :unknown:

Logically AW are mopping up profiles which still don't comply  :unknown:

You beat me to it BR  :thumbsup:. When I returned after a hiatus I had to get fully verified and had to provide I think it was my driving license or passport. As you say no, there won’t be a visible face pic.
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  

It feels like this ought to be illegal, and is clearly discriminatory, but I can’t think of appropriate laws that would cover it.

How so?  :unknown:
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,770
  • Likes: 383
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
I’ve heard today, from 2 SPs, that AW has told them they have to upload a full face picture without any blurring or covering or their account will be deactivated.

Both of them have had their accounts shut down in under 24 hours. It was a progressive thing with firstly their profiles being shown as inactive and being content providers only on the main site and a partial block on the mobile version, and then a complete deactivation.

But are AW insisting that the full face picture is in their Gallery or just sent to AW.

My guess is that these SP's could well be using fake pictures and someone has reported it to AW - the process you describe is what AW go through when this happens.

Offline KatieEdinburgh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 140
  • Likes: 71
  •  
You beat me to it BR  :thumbsup:. When I returned after a hiatus I had to get fully verified and had to provide I think it was my driving license or passport. As you say no, there won’t be a visible face pic.

It’s different for non-UK nationals. They have to show a face pic

Think that’s the part that you could say is discrimination, is that Brits get one rule and others do not. But I see both sides: there’s so many fake profiles it’s attempting to prevent them

Offline Bat

How is it discriminatory?

Put yourself in the seat of AW.

You're providing a service that is allowing businesses (SP's) to operate and make money (example picture gallery sales). All businesses have an obligation to know who they are trading with - it's part of a wider effort by the authorities to prevent money laundering and tax evasion. I doubt that they fall under FCA rules, but I suspect they need to be whiter than white and one way of doing that is following KYC type protocols.

I doubt you'll find any laws that would show this to be illegal.

They are only insisting on this for non-UK nationals - surely that’s discriminatory?

Offline SheC

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 4
  • Likes: 4
  •  
Aw new requirements are in place from 23/06.

They make non British ladies post a non blurry picture of their face on their profile , that has nothing to do with verification process.
I did upload my verification documents today and my account was deactivated with the explanation my face is non visible on my profile picture ( either 1,2,3 ).
So yes you can be verified as many times they decide it’s appropriate but what’s inappropriate is to make non uk citizens ( with legal rights to live and work in uk ) reveal their faces.

These are two different matters according to my correspondence with aw from 9am this morning throughout the day.

Offline Bat

But are AW insisting that the full face picture is in their Gallery or just sent to AW.

My guess is that these SP's could well be using fake pictures and someone has reported it to AW - the process you describe is what AW go through when this happens.

My understanding is that it’s a full face pic posted as one of the three main profile pics and has to match the image that’s been used for the original profile verification process.

It’s certainly happening to SPs with fully verified profiles.

Post directly above appears to clearly confirm this.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:33:36 pm by Bat »

Offline AffAlchemist

Aw new requirements are in place from 23/06.

They make non British ladies post a non blurry picture of their face on their profile , that has nothing to do with verification process.
I did upload my verification documents today and my account was deactivated with the explanation my face is non visible on my profile picture ( either 1,2,3 ).
So yes you can be verified as many times they decide it’s appropriate but what’s inappropriate is to make non uk citizens ( with legal rights to live and work in uk ) reveal their faces.

These are two different matters according to my correspondence with aw from 9am this morning throughout the day.

Ive also seen on Twitter non UK girls having there accounts permanently deleted if they haven't added a non blurred face photo
e.g.
External Link/Members Only

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
They are only insisting on this for non-UK nationals - surely that’s discriminatory?
Write to your MP then but it isn't our problem, you should be glad they're trying to get rid of the fake profiles.

2 Service Providers
This site allows service providers to be members, but zero tolerance for touting, flirting, attention-seeking and negative attitude toward punters. Service providers must respect the ethos of the site. This site is neither a chat platform between clients and service providers nor a support site for service providers. All service providers / non-punters must reveal their working identities - no 'anonymous WGs'.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:35:54 pm by daviemac »

Offline alabama1

I read somewhere on here that it's happened to 'Sweet_Lisa_xxx, Polish girl, South West area. She is now on Adultseek instead, according to what i read.

Offline SheC

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 4
  • Likes: 4
  •  
We all glad to try to get rid of fake profiles , the problem comes when their touch the verified one aka real ones in addition to that some reviews in here too.

Let’s see how’s the market from now on ..

Offline KatieEdinburgh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 140
  • Likes: 71
  •  
Write to your MP then but it isn't our problem, you should be glad they're trying to get rid of the fake profiles.

But… Surely there are also lots of not fake SPs that would rather not show their face? In fact it is so common to not show face it means a lot of (possibly your favourites) will also be culled. Will you mind then?

Their profiles will be removed simply because they’re not British. Whereas UK nationals can continue to have discretion I know of several ladies this will affect them (although not me)

Either not have Adultwork or be forced to reveal their identity seems harsh  :unknown:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:42:06 pm by KatieEdinburgh »

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
But…. Surely there are also lots of not fake SPs that would rather not show their face? In fact it is so common to not show face it means a lot of (possibly your favourites) will also be culled. Will you mind then?

Their profiles will be removed just simply because they’re not British. Whereas UK nationals can continue to have discretion I know of several ladies this will affect them

Either to not use Adultwork or be forced to reveal their identity seems harsh
I agree that not all on AW are dodgy and I agree it is harsh but it is something escorts have to take up with AW, no matter what is said on here it will not affect AW and this isn't really the site to discuss it on.

Is there nothing on SAAFE about it? 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:44:19 pm by daviemac »

Offline KatieEdinburgh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 140
  • Likes: 71
  •  

Is there nothing on SAAFE about it?

Well I’ve been aware of this for 2 weeks, and I’m not here for a support platform. I’m replying to how it’ll affect you punters when suddenly a lot of profiles disappear

There was misinformation previously and I’m letting you know what’s going on. A lot of SPs will either have to quit AW or go face out. Might affect you guys too  :thumbsup:  :rose:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:50:32 pm by KatieEdinburgh »

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
Well I’ve been aware of this for 2 weeks, and I’m not here for a support platform. I’m replying to how it’ll affect you punters when suddenly a lot of profiles disappear

There was misinformation previously and I’m letting you know what’s going on. A lot of SPs will either have to quit AW or go face out. Might affect you guys too  :thumbsup:  :rose:

Then a couple of weeks later when AW see the huge drop in revenue they will reverse their decision. Remember AW trying to force signing up as a member before they could see our phone numbers, email etc a couple of years ago? They soon reversed their decision on that one swiftly.
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Bat

Write to your MP then but it isn't our problem, you should be glad they're trying to get rid of the fake profiles.

2 Service Providers
This site allows service providers to be members, but zero tolerance for touting, flirting, attention-seeking and negative attitude toward punters. Service providers must respect the ethos of the site. This site is neither a chat platform between clients and service providers nor a support site for service providers. All service providers / non-punters must reveal their working identities - no 'anonymous WGs'.

I can appreciate what you’re saying but, in my case, it does potentially become a problem because I tend to see more non-UK SPs than British ones. Maybe 2/3 of the women I’ve met.

Many of them have been entirely due to reviews here which have been cross-referenced to others using AW profiles. This, in turn, has allowed me easy access to their profiles, full range of prices and preferences, images and videos, and contact details.

If these women are forced out of AW then we’ll lose a lot of the current UKP usability to find, cross-refer, and contact them.

I realise, of course, there’s little we can do but, if followed through by AW, then it will affect a lot of members here :(

Offline Silva21

This confirms what I've heard too.

My concerns are how it affects us punters when 50% of the SP's disappear over the space of a few weeks.

Offline KatieEdinburgh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 140
  • Likes: 71
  •  
Then a couple of weeks later when AW see the huge drop in revenue they will reverse their decision. Remember AW trying to force signing up as a member before they could see our phone numbers, email etc a couple of years ago? They soon reversed their decision on that one swiftly.

Good point. I hope it is reversed
and Brits can set their profile to hidden as a way to be in solidarity with those who are deactivated so they lose even more money / take notice faster !

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I've quoted the rules and pointed out it is an escort's problem and there is nothing anyone on here can do about it.

However in the interest of fairness.

Bat
What do you propose we do about it.

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
This confirms what I've heard too.

My concerns are how it affects us punters when 50% of the SP's disappear over the space of a few weeks.

They will likely go over to the god awful Viva Street
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
I've quoted the rules and pointed out it is an escort's problem and there is nothing anyone on here can do about it.

However in the interest of fairness.

Bat
What do you propose we do about it.

It’s being discussed over the road Bat should pop over there
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline alabama1

They will likely go over to the god awful Viva Street
It's good to have a bit of competition. Keep you on your toes.  ;)

Offline SheC

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 4
  • Likes: 4
  •  
As much as it’s escort problem as much as punters problem !
Works both ways , without us this forum won’t exist , without you guys we won’t be able to make a dollar.

I believe the idea of the post was to warn the rest of the punters.
The fact there are SP actively involved in this thread is simply confirming what’s been said over aw correspondence.

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
It's good to have a bit of competition. Keep you on your toes.  ;)

That makes no sense to what I was saying 🤷🏻‍♀️
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline alabama1

That makes no sense to what I was saying 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes it does. You are slagging it off. Maybe 'god awful' to you, but it's another welcome option for us punters.  :drinks:

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
It’s being discussed over the road Bat should pop over there
Yes I know, it was mentioned that it was discussed on SAAFE as well.  Punters and SPs can chat all they want over there.

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
As much as it’s escort problem as much as punters problem !
Works both ways , without us this forum won’t exist , without you guys we won’t be able to make a dollar.

I believe the idea of the post was to warn the rest of the punters.
The fact there are SP actively involved in this thread is simply confirming what’s been said over aw correspondence.
Yes I agree it will affect punters and I've given Bat the opportunity to put forward what he thinks we should do about it.

Escorts have SAAFE to discuss it on and both escorts and punters have EH to chat about it as for long as they wish.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 11:26:02 pm by daviemac »

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
Yes it does. You are slagging it off. Maybe 'god awful' to you, but it's another welcome option for us punters.  :drinks:

You will find a lot of us are of the same opinion (both SS & SPs) Anyway I digress, I’ll leave it there.
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline KatieEdinburgh

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 140
  • Likes: 71
  •  
Yes I agree it will affect punters and I've given Bat the opportunity to put forward what he thinks we should do about it.

To be fair punters can write to Adultwork to complain about the change just as much as SPs can

Offline RandomGuy99

Sounds totally wrong to me. No SP should be forced to have a non-blurried face pic visible to the public.

I think they will change their policy. In the meantime they'll lose a lot of members.

Offline Jonestown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,830
  • Likes: 144
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
A quick search this morning showed that in the London area there are 98 Chinese girls listed of which only about 20 are not showing someones full face photo, of which about 10 are set to distribute content only and probably due for the chop anytime now.

I'm surprised how high the compliance appears to be.

Online Strawberry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 1,836
  • Likes: 140
  •  
A quick search this morning showed that in the London area there are 98 Chinese girls listed of which only about 20 are not showing someones full face photo, of which about 10 are set to distribute content only and probably due for the chop anytime now.

I'm surprised how high the compliance appears to be.

There could be some already 'chopped' this has been rolled out slowly for a while, now seems to have rapidly gained momentum.

Online scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
A quick search this morning showed that in the London area there are 98 Chinese girls listed of which only about 20 are not showing someones full face photo, of which about 10 are set to distribute content only and probably due for the chop anytime now.

I'm surprised how high the compliance appears to be.

It won't be real photos for those chinese girls though

Offline Bat

I've quoted the rules and pointed out it is an escort's problem and there is nothing anyone on here can do about it.

However in the interest of fairness.

Bat
What do you propose we do about it.

As per my earlier post, I don’t believe there’s much we (punters) can do about it unfortunately.

My original post, as someone else mentioned, was merely intended to bring this news to the attention of people here. Had I not screengrabbed contact details from one SP I would have lost all means of contact with her as I’ve only ever communicated via AW messaging and booking requests :(

Offline Bat

There could be some already 'chopped' this has been rolled out slowly for a while, now seems to have rapidly gained momentum.

I know of two personally - and I’m clearly a very small sample group. Both are completely respectable, high quality independent SPs.

Online scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 549
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
I've got half a memory that they tried this before - I'm sure I've read complaints on one of the other forums 12 months or more ago about it happening to SOME EE girls, possibly as a trial

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,218
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
As per my earlier post, I don’t believe there’s much we (punters) can do about it unfortunately.

My original post, as someone else mentioned, was merely intended to bring this news to the attention of people here. Had I not screengrabbed contact details from one SP I would have lost all means of contact with her as I’ve only ever communicated via AW messaging and booking requests :(
You keep insisting it should be illegal and that it's discriminatory and those are things that should be taken up with AW, have you done what KatieEdinburgh suggested and complained to AW?   :unknown:

Offline Bat

You keep insisting it should be illegal and that it's discriminatory and those are things that should be taken up with AW, have you done what KatieEdinburgh suggested and complained to AW?   :unknown:

I didn’t think I had insisted anything. I’ll re-read my own posts.

Yes, I used AW’s ‘human’ response form. No reply yet.

Offline Punting2022

Reduces chances of scams, also if we see faces then we can filter between ugly and not. I like some agencies because they show the face pics.
Hate when you book a girl walk in and shes ugly

Offline RandomGuy99

Reduces chances of scams, also if we see faces then we can filter between ugly and not. I like some agencies because they show the face pics.
Hate when you book a girl walk in and shes ugly
But if that is the rule it should apply to ALL SPs not just non-UK ones.

It's a really bad policy and will just force SPs off AW, so they've shot themselves in the foot.

This may place SPs at more risk of "bad experiences" occurring.

Offline MissWolf

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 406
  • Likes: 318
  •  
But if that is the rule it should apply to ALL SPs not just non-UK ones.

It's a really bad policy and will just force SPs off AW, so they've shot themselves in the foot.

This may place SPs at more risk of "bad experiences" occurring.

It will also expose them to stalkers, ex partners, family members who don't know they are SPs, work colleagues,  employers and lots of other dangerous situations.

It will drive them away to other sites or they will bow out of the game

Offline RandomGuy99

It will also expose them to stalkers, ex partners, family members who don't know they are SPs, work colleagues,  employers and lots of other dangerous situations.

It will drive them away to other sites or they will bow out of the game
If enough people complain then they will have to change their policy. It's a breach of an individual's privacy.

But at the moment it's a case of their site, their rules. You don't have to use it, but they know they're the big site in the market.

Offline Jonestown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,830
  • Likes: 144
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
But at the moment it's a case of their site, their rules. You don't have to use it, but they know they're the big site in the market.

Wait till they demand registered service seekers have to provide full frontal photos or face reregistration.

In the past CraigsList became overbearing with their demands and spur of the moment rules, must have cost them a fortune to loose all that business.

Offline RandomGuy99

Wait till they demand registered service seekers have to provide full frontal photos or face reregistration.

In the past CraigsList became overbearing with their demands and spur of the moment rules, must have cost them a fortune to loose all that business.
I can't really see the need for non-UK SPs to do this unless there's a concern of SPs sharing profiles or bait and switch complaints. A face photo would allow a SS to be sure the person they see matches the profile photos.

Perhaps AW think they're losing out on revenue by people doing this or maybe there's a concern about trafficking or under age SPs.

I can't see that there's a need to make these photos public. They should do handled as part of the SP sign up process for AW accounts.

Offline Silva21

If enough people complain then they will have to change their policy. It's a breach of an individual's privacy.

But at the moment it's a case of their site, their rules. You don't have to use it, but they know they're the big site in the market.

For me AW just gets some very basic stuff right which other sites fail with.

I hope they have a change of heart because I don't fancy taking pot luck by booking through other sites.