Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 50090 times)

Offline timsussex

I don't know which is worst
1) footballer deliberately getting booked
2) someone betting on a booking
3) someone accepting a bet on a booking

While its been a long time since I placed a bet I really don't see the attraction in some of these bets like time of first throw in, corner etc but I suppose some people will bet on anything

Offline mr.bluesky

While its been a long time since I placed a bet I really don't see the attraction in some of these bets like time of first throw in, corner etc but I suppose some people will bet on anything

I can only assume footballers do it for the profability of others. Its not as though they are short of a few bob themselves . They should throw the book at them. There seems to be more and more instances of this coming to light.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:00:15 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

Brazilian website Globo reported that the bets had been made on Betway, West Ham’s sponsor, via accounts by people linked to Paqueta and Henrique of Real Betis.
In September La Liga’s president, Javier Tebas, referred to the Luiz Henrique and Paquetá investigation, saying it was “a cross-match bet with a Premier League player involving yellow cards, which are the in-thing.

Online chrishornx

2 and 3 are far worse than 1 which doesn't necessarily relate to betting.

the fact you can bet and the fact that people accept bets is dispicable

Offline webpunter

What a 🔔🔚 he is

"Paqueta, who joined West Ham from Lyon for an initial £36.5m in August 2022, said he was "extremely surprised and upset" by the charges"
I 'bet' he was, especially when getting collared
The FA aren't going to go public unless their case is rock solid
Especially as this has been going on for 9 months

It would take an organised betting scam to reap material proceeds
He cant bet himself, obvs, so needs to do it via associates
The associates will all want their cut & me thinks he'll be benefitting not a lot
How to blow a £150k a week contract which runs until 2027  :rolleyes:

The FA could come down very hard on him
Given what the bets are linked to
There's a big difference with Pacqueta & other players
Other players betting on their team to win
Or on matches they arent playing in for example if they happen to know that a key player is injured however this isnt public knowledge
Hence more advantageous odds

Betting on being yellow carded can have material impact on the outcome of the match
A deliberate yellow followed by an accidental second yellow a mis-timed tackle etc
Down to ten men & the match can change

I'm presuming that the FA have been doing their research
Soon as the matter is made public other stuff can surface
If only coz people are crapping themselves & want to try & put themselves on the right side of things

The Irons seeing one of their most expensive signings @ £51m & best players potentially facing a lengthy ban will impact the club
Nearly an impact expensive per match as the loan fee that West Ham paid City + the wages for KP
For the square root of FA

Offline timsussex

Apparently CITEH were considering triggering his £85Million release clause

I really see no excuse, unlike Tonali & Toney who can claim their betting was an addiction and didnt harm their club directly, previous players have got 10 year bans so if proven he will be out for a while.
Frankly I can't see West Ham team mates exactly welcoming him back with open arms

Offline mr.bluesky

Have the owners of Plymouth Argyle completely lost the plot. There is talk of Wayne Rooney taking over as manager. They only just avoided relegation this season and they want a bloke who virtually took Birmingham City down.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Have the owners of Plymouth Argyle completely lost the plot. There is talk of Wayne Rooney taking over as manager. They only just avoided relegation this season and they want a bloke who virtually took Birmingham City down.
Pilgrims progress or not as the case may be  :hi:

Offline lostandfound

The Guardian has an "Exclusive" that Utd have decided to sack Ten Hag.

Quote from: The Guardian
Manchester United decide to sack Erik ten Hag regardless of Cup final outcome
  • Move is most significant made by Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his allies
  • United’s eighth-placed league finish their lowest since 1990
  • Live updates as Ten Hag heads for the exit at Old Trafford

External Link/Members Only

Offline Blackpool Rock

The Guardian has an "Exclusive" that Utd have decided to sack Ten Hag.

External Link/Members Only
Well Rooney was mentioned a couple of posts up so perhaps he could take over  :unknown:

Obviously an ex player so Utd are in his blood (Forget the once a blue always a blue crap he came out with before he joined  :rolleyes:)
They previously had an ex player take over and got shot as it didn't work out but they would probably settle for having him back right now  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Well Rooney was mentioned a couple of posts up so perhaps he could take over  :unknown:

Obviously an ex player so Utd are in his blood (Forget the once a blue always a blue crap he came out with before he joined  :rolleyes:)
They previously had an ex player take over and got shot as it didn't work out but they would probably settle for having him back right now  :D

Perhaps he could lace up his boots and become a player manager 🤔
On second thoughts seeing how fat he is now , it looks like since he was sacked he spent all his compensation on buying ( and eating) pies. He's fucking huge now  :scare:

Offline shed

ETH was informed of his de recruitment just before the Arsenal game. Cup final to be his last game. McKenna will more than likely be the replacement.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 08:11:44 pm by shed »

Offline timsussex

ETH was informed of his de recruitment just before the Arsenal game. Cup final to be his last game. McKenna will more than likely be the replacement.

Apparently his bonus (should they win and therefore qualify for Europe) will determine how many £££££££s he will be due in compensation So it is a big game tomorrow for him at least

Offline shed

Apparently his bonus (should they win and therefore qualify for Europe) will determine how many £££££££s he will be due in compensation So it is a big game tomorrow for him at least

His present contract is up to 2025

Offline radioman33

Man U 8/1 to win a cup final,sad times. :sarcastic:

Offline toon972

Online chrishornx

Man U 8/1 to win a cup final,sad times. :sarcastic:

depends on your point of view I suppose

Offline mr.bluesky

I've never heard of the sack being called "de-recruitment" before  :D

Offline webpunter

Perhaps he could lace up his boots and become a player manager 🤔
On second thoughts seeing how fat he is now , it looks like since he was sacked he spent all his compensation on buying ( and eating) pies. He's fucking huge now  :scare:

Looks like he's also spent some of the dosh that his missus made winning Wagatha & from the documentary
He was looking more trim in the documentary
Now he's like a fat Captain Birdseye
Tho i did like his analysis of Wankchester in recent TV appearances

Offline radioman33

Leeds v Southampton On Sunday,Leeds lost at home to them in early May,I think it’s such a close call but will go with Southampton who aren’t favourites.

Offline southcoastpunter

Leeds v Southampton On Sunday,Leeds lost at home to them in early May,I think it’s such a close call but will go with Southampton who aren’t favourites.

i hope you are right - but - if Leeds play like they did against Norwich in the 2nd leg of the semi final then they are going to be hard to beat. But Norwich didn't stop them playing the way they wanted to play but Saints did in the last game of the season. Wasn't pretty but effective. So maybe not be the best game to watch but hopefully we can do a repeat!

But in the meantime we have the prospect of City tearing MU apart this afternoon!

Offline mr.bluesky

i hope you are right - but - if Leeds play like they did against Norwich in the 2nd leg of the semi final then they are going to be hard to beat. But Norwich didn't stop them playing the way they wanted to play but Saints did in the last game of the season. Wasn't pretty but effective. So maybe not be the best game to watch but hopefully we can do a repeat!

But in the meantime we have the prospect of City tearing MU apart this afternoon!

I can't understand why the play off final is the day after the FA cup final. Usually its on the bank holiday Monday. As my Sky Blues were robbed of a chance of playing in todays FA cup final I will be cheering on the other Sky Blues

Offline timsussex

Outbreak of insanity at Plymouth confirmed

Rooney is the new manager

Offline mr.bluesky

I'll give less than 2 months before Plymouth see the error of their ways  :unknown:

Offline southcoastpunter

I'll give less than 2 months before Plymouth see the error of their ways  :unknown:

2 months? - that's before the football has even started? lol

Offline Blackpool Rock

Didn't their shirt sponsor used to be Ginsters  :unknown:

By the looks of the fat fucker he's had a fair few already  :D

Online chrishornx

poor sods

Offline Blackpool Rock

Poachers goal following a mistake, could Utd be about to upset the apple cart  :unknown:

Online chrishornx

Poachers goal following a mistake, could Utd be about to upset the apple cart  :unknown:

bloody hope not

Online chrishornx

the Geordies amongst us must be getting nervous ..

Online mills_and_bhuna

Not sure what the hate against Rooney is all about.
Surely we should be supportive of a fellow punter

Offline Blackpool Rock

the Geordies amongst us must be getting nervous ..
Very now it's 2-0 at half time but City may be like a wounded tiger in the 2nd half and they normally come back strong

Offline StingRay

Not sure what the hate against Rooney is all about.
Surely we should be supportive of a fellow punter

Grannies especially!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Congratulations to Man Utd and all the Utd fans on here who have taken stick all season, IMO the best team won today  :drinks:  :hi:

Offline StingRay

Congratulations to Man Utd and all the Utd fans on here who have taken stick all season, IMO the best team won today  :drinks:  :hi:

Quite, I'm wondering why citeh didn't play hahaland?

Offline mr.bluesky

2 months? - that's before the football has even started? lol

:D I mean two months into the season

Offline shaft10

I can't understand why the play off final is the day after the FA cup final. Usually its on the bank holiday Monday. As my Sky Blues were robbed of a chance of playing in todays FA cup final I will be cheering on the other Sky Blues

at least you can say your team were beat by the eventual winners  :thumbsup:

Offline mr.bluesky

at least you can say your team were beat by the eventual winners  :thumbsup:

True  :cry: Newcastle fans will be disappointed by today's outcome too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 09:34:14 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
True  :cry: Newcastle fans will be disappointed by today's outcome too.
We shouldn't have been in the position of relying on others for us to get into Europe. This season we have been losing games we were either drawing or winning last season and that's what's made the difference.

Offline toon972

Great tactics by Man U stifled Man C and caught them on the break. I could not see Man U scoring until the Onana mistake.

Offline webpunter

Indeed this happened
City didnt turn up until it was too late

No requirement to post on the same
Such commentary 'congrats' IMO is worthy of a week ban

What are you like ?  :rolleyes:

Offline timsussex

Great tactics by Man U stifled Man C and caught them on the break. I could not see Man U scoring until the Onana mistake.

Agreed a tactical masterpiece, park the bus get 10 men behind the ball and a man with pace to chase the clearances/hit them on the break/hope for a mistake. Unfortunately that only works when you are playing a the better teams team it doesnt pay dividends when teams come to Old Trafford for a point

Offline webpunter

We shouldn't have been in the position of relying on others for us to get into Europe. This season we have been losing games we were either drawing or winning last season and that's what's made the difference.

With numerous players in the hospital ward
& the deflating experience of the CL fiddle with the PSG owner sitting next to the head of the CL [chief fiddler], the ref was like a rabbit in the headlights & bottled it, didn't help 
Thankfully the cheating * french cunts didn't progress
How many times did they hit the woodwork ?
It wasnt meant to be
Karma  :hi:

* cheating in matches thanks to the officials incl. VAR
& also on FFP / PSR or whatever the Euro equivalent is
Utter bollox
Anyways Ligue 1 is boring & shite which typifies the french cunts

& BTW France is by a significant margin the worst country in europe for punting
Given that we've dug the surrender monkeys out of the shit [only twice] they can fuck off the lot of em

Online Fac51

Didn't their shirt sponsor used to be Ginsters  :unknown: correct fella  :thumbsup:

By the looks of the fat fucker he's had a fair few already  :D

The Central Element will be over the moon at this appointment.... NOT

After the fat punters dire showing at St Andrews as manager, the regulars at Home Park are going to be somewhat pissed off at this  :dash:

They only just avoided relegation the other week.....

Offline Blackpool Rock

Indeed this happened
City didnt turn up until it was too late

No requirement to post on the same
Such commentary 'congrats' IMO is worthy of a week ban

What are you like ?  :rolleyes:
Indeed I was feeling in a generous mood as I backed both teams on both the half time and full time correct score bets so picked up on Utd 2-0 at half time plus the 2-1 full time  :drinks:

If City hadn't got a late goal and it finished 2-0 then it would have been even more but I can't complain as it's very rare to get both half time and full time results go your way. Double Bubble that's where you make the serious money  :thumbsup:
It means I finish the season with a profit of about £850 whereas I was showing a loss before that game so lumped on big money chasing the losses and this time it paid off for once

It also means I go into the Euros with a decent size punting (gambling) war chest in my Betfair account  :music:

Offline mr.bluesky

It also means I go into the Euros with a decent size punting (gambling) war chest in my Betfair account  :music:

No doubt you will be lumping it all on England to win the tournament,
Harry Kane to be top scorer
Jude Bellingham to be voted player of the tournament
Scotland to finish top of their group with hosts Germany failing to make the knockout stage.
( hang on a sec- forget the last one)  :D

Offline Thephoenix

I wish him well, as I would to any fellow punter.

After all his shenanigans he seems to have settled down as a good dad and family man.
Coleen's obviously a tough Scouse girl and has proved to be a formidable young woman.

Offline Thephoenix

I'm glad United won.
The manager got the tactics right.

I can't help feeling sorry for guy.
He seems an honest and honourable man.

Mind you I feel sorry for all their managers post Ferguson.
The whole weight of the fawning media has been on their shoulders as well as the fan's entitled expectations.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
With numerous players in the hospital ward
& the deflating experience of the CL fiddle with the PSG owner sitting next to the head of the CL [chief fiddler], the ref was like a rabbit in the headlights & bottled it, didn't help 
Thankfully the cheating * french cunts didn't progress
How many times did they hit the woodwork ?
It wasnt meant to be
Karma  :hi:

* cheating in matches thanks to the officials incl. VAR
& also on FFP / PSR or whatever the Euro equivalent is
Utter bollox
Anyways Ligue 1 is boring & shite which typifies the french cunts

& BTW France is by a significant margin the worst country in europe for punting
Given that we've dug the surrender monkeys out of the shit [only twice] they can fuck off the lot of em
We can't blame injuries too much mate, yes we had more than our fair share but we also scored a record 85 goals, conceded 62 though compared to 33 last season.

Last season we only won 1 more than we did this year, it was the number of losses against draws that's cost us. Last year W19  D14 L5 this year W18 D6 L14. If we'd drawn as many this year we would've been 4th again.