Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 48599 times)

Online mr.bluesky

I don’t think that it can be proven, however if you look at the football shirts on sale in your local JD Sports or Sports Direct then you get an idea of how things are going.

Shirts on sale at my local Sports Direct shop and JD sports are of the usual Wankchester Utd, Liverpool , Manchester City and Spurs. No doubt when the Euros start they will be pushing sales of the new England home and away shirts.   (incidently the new England away colours look awful, worse than the grey England shirts of 1996 )

Offline JontyR

(incidently the new England away colours look awful, worse than the grey England shirts of 1996 )
The grey shirts were designed so they could be worn with jeans. Never had one myself but they were popular and they weren't as stark as normal club colours.

Online mr.bluesky

The grey shirts were designed so they could be worn with jeans. Never had one myself but they were popular and they weren't as stark as normal club colours.

Still available to buy from the "scoredraw" retro football shirt company.

Offline StingRay

Police apparently saying that citeh and salford fans should take different routes to wembley - I dont quite understand this as routes to wembley from manchester and surrey are very different!  :rolleyes:

Online mr.bluesky

Hidden Image/Members Only

So Southgate has announced his pre Euros squad with friendlies against Iceland and Bosnia Hertzogova coming up. No place for Rashford or Henderson and rightly so, surprised Grealish is in the squad considering he's not exactly a regular for Man City  :unknown:
Defence and midfield look a bit weak but I'd class Bellingham,  Foden and Palmer as more attacking midfield than out and out Strikers
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 06:56:08 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online timsussex

So Southgate has announced his pre Euros squad with friendlies against Iceland and Bosnia Hertzogova coming up. No place for Rashford or Henderson and rightly so, surprised Grealish is in the squad considering he's not exactly a regular for Man City  :unknown:
Why would you be surprised he stuck with Grealish ? Not exactly the first time Southgate has stuck with someone out of form/favour with his club But at least Henderson and Philips have been left out
I would assume Gordon/Grealish are fighting for one place

Southgate said it was hard picking this squad but the real work starts when he has to reduce it to 26
especially if a couple of key defenders are carrying knocks

Online mr.bluesky

If it came down to a choice between Gordon and Grealish you would have to go with Gordon who's been playing out of his skin since his move to Newcastle. The biggest worry is if Kane picks up a major injury before the Euros. He missed Bayern Munich's last game of the season with a back strain.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 07:32:08 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online WARSZAWA16

Pochettino leaves Chelsea after one season. Strange timing as they hit a bit of form towards the end of the season. Suspect it was therefore decided a while ago, or maybe by De Zerbi leaving Brighton(?).
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 07:40:03 pm by WARSZAWA16 »

Offline shed

« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 07:34:03 pm by shed »

Online mr.bluesky

Pochettino leaves Chelsea after one season. Strange timing as they hit a bit of form towards the end of the season. Suspect it was therefore decided a while ago:

Chelsea must be running out of candidates for that job. Like you say Chelsea hit a rich vein of form towards the end of the season probably down to the form of Cole Palmer but considering the money they have spent they should be a top four team. De zerbi linked with the Bayern Munich job
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 07:50:59 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline southcoastpunter

England doing it at U17 level - 50 minutes gone and its France 0 - England 4 (its on BBC red button)

Online mr.bluesky

England doing it at U17 level - 50 minutes gone and its France 0 - England 4 (its on BBC red button)

Just watching this now, France supposedly a very strong team at this level but are being taken apart by a very good young England team. England in a very strong group with Portugal and Spain
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 07:49:02 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline southcoastpunter

for info - Euro games on (free) TV (date, time and channel):

Online chrishornx

Pochettino leaves Chelsea after one season. Strange timing as they hit a bit of form towards the end of the season. Suspect it was therefore decided a while ago, or maybe by De Zerbi leaving Brighton(?).

it was by mutual consent and Poch has been driving this for a few weeks suggesting he and his team may leave- he couldn't get the input he wanted into the transfer selections.

If it was going to happen then for the best that it happened quickly as it give s Chelsea a head start when shopping for  manager before the inevitable merry go round of manger starts in earnest

good choice available

Online timsussex

yes Poch was making noises a while ago that the owners had stopped talking to him.
Bit of a shame as he appears to have finally got the Chelsea prima-donnas sorted out judging by recent results
perhaps he can do a job at Wankchester ??

Offline lostandfound

Jordan Henderson must be feeling a bit sick. Walks away from generational wealth in Saudi - enough to enrich his family for generations to come - to play in a better standard of league in the Netherlands. And then Gareth Southgate cuts him anyway.

Offline Stevelondon

Henderson would have known his chances of making the Euros were slim anyway. Age, form etc.

I think he left the sand wealth simply because he really couldn’t stand it there. A trip yes. Living there totally different.

Offline Stevelondon

Police apparently saying that citeh and salford fans should take different routes to wembley - I dont quite understand this as routes to wembley from manchester and surrey are very different!  :rolleyes:

Hoy………. Watch it mate. I live in Surrey don’t you know. Don’t mix me up with those red supporters.

Offline webpunter

Offline webpunter

Rashford can get on with his partying over the summer + stacking motors

No idea what Southgate has against Tomori  :unknown:
Edit:  and Ben White, who is rapido

Reece James a miss IMO tho he's only just come back from injury maybe match fitness an issue
& getting sent off for a petulant kick out might have sealed his fate
Refs in the euros / world cup especially those from 'lesser' country leagues can react to the slightest thing dishing out cards 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:08:54 pm by webpunter »

Online mr.bluesky

for info - Euro games on (free) TV (date, time and channel):

I guess that means Scotland will be home by June 24th then  :D

Online WARSZAWA16

Refs in the euros / world cup especially those from 'lesser' country leagues can react to the slightest thing dishing out cards
And that's before VAR rears it's ugly head. I watch the highlights of a lot of the major European Leagues (and France  :D), and the refereeing and over use of VAR often leads to some bizarre decisions with penalties and red cards often given at the drop of a hat.   

Online mr.bluesky

Quote from: webpunter
[/quote

Not forgetting it is held in Germany home of the international school of diving (with Jurgen Klinsmann as its patron.) Even with VAR I still expect the referees to get the majority of decisions wrong. I just hope Southgate has had his boys practicing penalties come the knockout stage
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 05:47:46 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hidden Image/Members Only

Defence and midfield look a bit weak but I'd class Bellingham,  Foden and Palmer as more attacking midfield than out and out Strikers
Only 6 midfielders in that list which doesn't seem enough especially if you field 4 at the start of a game then need to sub a couple, surely they must all be looking at the list and be confident about not only going but actually getting game time.
Could be fucked if a couple of midfielders pick up injuries  :unknown: I mean there are 4 goalkeepers named

I'd have thought Harry MuckupGuire will be dropped for the final cut  :unknown:

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

It’s a provisional squad of 30 which has to be cut to 26 before the start of the tournament so I imagine a goalkeeper will go as part of the cut.

We have some fantastic, world class forwards but we are poor in defence and the goalkeepers are bang average. I’d love us to win the tournament, as a proud Englishman why wouldn’t I? But we need a healthy dose of realism here, I don’t think that it will happen because we are just not solid enough in defence. Imagine a game where our forwards play against our defenders, it would be carnage!

Online mr.bluesky

It’s a provisional squad of 30 which has to be cut to 26 before the start of the tournament so I imagine a goalkeeper will go as part of the cut.

We have some fantastic, world class forwards but we are poor in defence and the goalkeepers are bang average. I’d love us to win the tournament, as a proud Englishman why wouldn’t I? But we need a healthy dose of realism here, I don’t think that it will happen because we are just not solid enough in defence. Imagine a game where our forwards play against our defenders, it would be carnage!

Have to agree, we have a strong midfield in Bellingham,  Foden and Palmer,  (although I can't see how they will all fit in the team) a striker in Kane who has been banging in the goals in Germany but a very suspect defence and a very average first choice goalkeeper.  If Kane picks up an injury before the tournament starts we are well and truly fucked. I think England can reach the semi final or Final but I just see us falling short again but it would be great to be proved wrong.

Offline catweazle

With the managerial  merry go round starting, one thing that always puzzles me is that Club A sacks their manager- he's  has a poor season, stuck in mid-table etc.  Club B then hires him.

In what other industry would a manager be sacked for substandard performance,  then a rival business think "oh, look who's available! Let's hire him!" ??

Offline Bangman

I'm a united fan and I'm very happy that Rashford is NOT in the squad, His been Nothing but Shit this year and inconsistent all these years anyway. I would of picked Solanke over him.

I'm very happy for Palmer, deserves to play. Very happy for Watkins, Eze, Gordon, Bowen, Branthwaite and Mainoo who have all played well this year.

Offline Bangman

I hope Gareth plays attacking Football. We got the squad for it.

Foden, Kane, Saka, Bellingham and Rice should be main starters.

I doubt they will, after Man city and Arsenal, its Everton that's had the best clean sheet record this year.
Pickford and Branthwaite have been superb and should start in my opinion. Man city's Stones barely played this year.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Not bad, 78,419 to watch Newcastle v Spurs in Australia.

Neither side knew there was going to be penalties and both side had changed the entire team including Newcastle putting the 4th choice 'keeper on, he did save the first penalty to secure the win though.

Dan Ashworth's dropped a bollock. -

Dan Ashworth sent an email to a Newcastle United address inadvertently revealing he was being tapped up by incoming Manchester United chief executive Omar Berrada, who was still on gardening leave from Manchester City.

It is an embarrassing blunder and error of judgement on the part of the two men who will be charged with restructuring Man United by new co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe, and could be looked at by the Premier League.

We can reveal the pair had a conversation in early February and Ashworth followed that up by sending an email to Berrada - at an INEOS account - making it clear he wanted to accept the opportunity of becoming Man United’s sporting director. However, Ashworth sent a blind copy to his own Newcastle email address, clumsily disclosing to the club the covert negotiations with Berrada. Man United, at this point, had not informed Newcastle of their interest in Ashworth.

Berrada does not officially start at Old Trafford until July 13 and he had been on gardening leave from Man City for less than a month when engaging with Ashworth, potentially breaching the terms of his contract.

Ashworth, we understand, also disclosed details to Berrada of the agreement between Newcastle and Brighton that took him to St James’ Park in the summer of 2022. This would likely be a breach of confidentiality to each of Newcastle and Brighton.

Online timsussex

At last we know what our PM thinks of Englands chances - he's called an election on July 4th to cash in on the euphoria of Englands last 16 win before the disappointment of a qtr final loss  :rolleyes:

Offline Blackpool Rock

At last we know what our PM thinks of Englands chances - he's called an election on July 4th to cash in on the euphoria of Englands last 16 win before the disappointment of a qtr final loss  :rolleyes:
Scotland will already be on the plane home but they weren't going to vote for him anyway  :D

Offline webpunter

No bumford?  :yahoo:

Never sure what to read into Leeds Live & other websites
I'd rather Mateo Jospeh play
Things might have been different had Pascal Struijk not got injured on boxing day

Offline webpunter

Not bad, 78,419 to watch Newcastle v Spurs in Australia.

Neither side knew there was going to be penalties and both side had changed the entire team including Newcastle putting the 4th choice 'keeper on, he did save the first penalty to secure the win though.

Dan Ashworth's dropped a bollock. -

If DA is being paid by Newcastle on gardening leave this might cause some issues, oh dear

Offline webpunter

Man City reserve goalkeeper Scott Carson, 38, is 'KICKED OUT of their title celebrations' at 4am by security after 'trying to fight a fellow partygoer'\

Me thinks Pep will take a dim view of such behaviour
Especially a reserve reserve player
His 5 years at City might be coming to a close

Tho Pep tolerated Walker being in a bar wasted & getting his knob out & swinging it around for all to see
& Grealish passed out in Mendy's house whilst he was out up to no good

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
If DA is being paid by Newcastle on gardening leave this might cause some issues, oh dear
I think this is going to cause major issues for those involved and who knows what effect it will have when DA takes Newcastle to arbitration and claiming he's been sacked.

I presume he's still getting paid so can't have been sacked though they can't let him continue in his job when he's going to work for a rival.

Online timsussex

I think this is going to cause major issues for those involved and who knows what effect it will have when DA takes Newcastle to arbitration and claiming he's been sacked.

I presume he's still getting paid so can't have been sacked though they can't let him continue in his job when he's going to work for a rival.

that was the conclusion when this was reported 2 days ago in The Times
"Dan Ashworth’s email blunder could cost Manchester United millions
His email to incoming Old Trafford chief executive Omar Berrada saying he wanted to accept offer to become sporting director was also sent to his own Newcastle address"

this combined with his failure to uncover Tonali's betting probe really makes me wonder if he really is that good.
Probably ideal for OT though

Offline webpunter

Newcastle's lawyers will be rubbing their hands together
There is mention that he sent a blind copy to his Newcastle email address
You would think that as on garden leave his access to the Newcastle email will have been blocked
So he might not have realised that he sent it
Someone at the club will have been monitoring his emails
He might have set a password however easy to overide this
His case against Newcastle has taken a torpedo below the waterline
I wouldnt be surprised if Newcastle & City's lawyers are co-operating
There is a common adversary

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Newcastle's lawyers will be rubbing their hands together
There is mention that he sent a blind copy to his Newcastle email address
You would think that as on garden leave his access to the Newcastle email will have been blocked
So he might not have realised that he sent it
Someone at the club will have been monitoring his emails
He might have set a password however easy to overide this
His case against Newcastle has taken a torpedo below the waterline
I wouldnt be surprised if Newcastle & City's lawyers are co-operating
There is a common adversary
This happened in early February before he told Newcastle he wanted to leave and well before Man U made an approach and the copy was sent by accident.

The approach and his subsequent replies breaks all kinds of rules whick I think the FA are going to look into.

Offline webpunter

This happened in early February before he told Newcastle he wanted to leave and well before Man U made an approach and the copy was sent by accident.

The approach and his subsequent replies breaks all kinds of rules whick I think the FA are going to look into.

Some more insight:
External Link/Members Only.

Newcastle want 20 mill
Wankchester offered 3 mill
The solution will be somewhere in the middle
On 3 mill if i were Newcastle i'd pay DA gardening leave for 18 months
Just to fuck over him & Wankchester
Given where Wankchester are Ratcliffe will want him installed & sooner rather than later
They need to sort out their squad, not much
If DA is ruled out for the rest of this year & most of 2025 this will mean appointing someone else to do his role
Recruiting anyone half decent will be difficult as they will just figure only a temporary position until DA is released from moving his lawn
Edit:  and it wont help player signings either

Newcastle hold the cards especially after DA's blunder
& the 57 old farts at the FA getting involved wont help Wankchesters & DA's position, illegal approaches etc
& breaching confidentiality re Brighton to boot
Tangled webs & all that ...

Wanna see Wankchester get taken to the cleaners on Saturday 🤞
Their already -ve goal difference for the season increases
& Newcastle get european footy
If the fans want this & the travelling support to the likes of Copenhagen suggests this to be the case
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:16:38 pm by webpunter »

Online mr.bluesky

Some more insight:
External Link/Members Only.

Newcastle want 20 mill
Wankchester offered 3 mill
The solution will be somewhere in the middle
On 3 mill if i were Newcastle i'd pay DA gardening leave for 18 months
Just to fuck over him & Wankchester
Given where Wankchester are Ratcliffe will want him installed & sooner rather than later
They need to sort out their squad, not much
If DA is ruled out for the rest of this year & most of 2025 this will mean appointing someone else to do his role
Recruiting anyone half decent will be difficult as they will just figure only a temporary position until DA is released from moving his lawn
Edit:  and it wont help player signings either

Newcastle hold the cards especially after DA's blunder
& the 57 old farts at the FA getting involved wont help Wankchesters & DA's position, illegal approaches etc
& breaching confidentiality re Brighton to boot
Tangled webs & all that ...

Wanna see Wankchester get taken to the cleaners on Saturday 🤞
Their already -ve goal difference for the season increases
& Newcastle get european footy
If the fans want this & the travelling support to the likes of Copenhagen suggests this to be the case

I want to see Wankchester score a late winning goal only to have it ruled out by a controversial offside decision then loose on penalties ( now that would be Karma) it should have been a clash of the sky blues on Saturday  :cry:

Offline webpunter

I want to see Wankchester score a late winning goal only to have it ruled out by a controversial offside decision then loose on penalties ( now that would be Karma) it should have been a clash of the sky blues on Saturday  :cry:

Indeed it should have been
I feel for you & Cov
Know where you are coming from, Karma indeed
Usually i like to see a gripping end to end full on match with seemingly the outcome shifting one way & the other several times
In this instance i'd like to see Wankchester battered
Like a 5-0 & in the second half bring on young players like Ricoh Lewis & Oscar Bobb
The Wankchester fans can head out early well before the final whistle, most of em should be home by 6-7pm

Edit:  i wonder if Ashworth will be at the match, a guest of Wankchester ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 12:49:56 am by webpunter »

Online mr.bluesky

Indeed it should have been
I feel for you & Cov
Know where you are coming from, Karma indeed
Usually i like to see a gripping end to end full on match with seemingly the outcome shifting one way & the other several times
In this instance i'd like to see Wankchester battered
Like a 5-0 & in the second half bring on young players like Ricoh Lewis & Oscar Bobb
The Wankchester fans can head out early well before the final whistle, most of em should be home by 6-7pm

Edit:  i wonder if Ashworth will be at the match, a guest of Wankchester ?

:drinks: I hope it's a better game than last years final. I will obviously be rooting for the  "other Sky blue team" and will happily settle for a 7-0 tonking  :D. I'm sure Newcastle fans will be cheering for them too.

Online timsussex

Now here is someone who deserves to have the book thrown at him (assuming the charge can be proved of course)

West Ham's Paqueta has been charged with allegedly getting booked deliberately "for the improper purpose of affecting the betting market".

Offline radioman33

Now here is someone who deserves to have the book thrown at him (assuming the charge can be proved of course)

West Ham's Paqueta has been charged with allegedly getting booked deliberately "for the improper purpose of affecting the betting market".

He’s got himself booked each time late in the game rather than early to avoid affecting things too much like a sending off,the outcome will be an online paper trail,Brazilian dodgy mates betting.