Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 46775 times)

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Apparently Tonali was betting on the Newcastle games. It was never to lose though, whether this is good or bad for him is another dilemma.
I don't think it makes any difference what he was betting on, it all happened before the fact he was betting came to light.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I don't think it makes any difference what he was betting on, it all happened before the fact he was betting came to light.
I'd say it makes a massive difference and depending on what bets he actually made it could have influenced the outcome of the game

1st off betting on say Man City Vs Spurs still isn't allowed but at least he isn't on the pitch to influence the game whereas Newcastle Vs Spurs and he can have a direct impact on the end result

If he's bet on Newcastle to win then OK he'll be doing everything to make sure they actually win the game but if he's bet on them to lose or draw that's effectively match fixing or trying to
If he's bet on a correct score like Newcastle to win 2-1 then it potentially affects the result as if Newcastle are 2-0 or 2-1 ahead he'd be doing everything not to score a 3rd goal, likewise at 2-0 he'll also be trying to give a goal away but what if the opposition then score a 2nd goal late on and it ends 2-2
Load of weird bets on Footy that i'm not interested in and a lot of those are the ones that can be easily abused such as the number of corners, imagine being in front of goal and needing lots of corners to win your bet, are you going to try and score or play the ball off of a defender to win another corner
It's been stated before about previous fixing on the time of 1st throw in when someone just hoofs the ball out straight from the kick off AKA Colin Hendry

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I'd say it makes a massive difference and depending on what bets he actually made it could have influenced the outcome of the game
I keep saying I like to go off the facts and not speculation and up to now it's pure speculation what sort of bets he was putting on.

The facts as we know at the minute are he was betting on football matches in Italy, he moved to Newcastle and continued to bet, the Italian FA charged him with breaching betting rules, he fully cooperated and was banned and his betting stopped. The FA have now charged him for betting in this country but this was during the time leading up to the issue coming to light and he is fully cooperating with them, no charges relate to betting after he was banned.

Statement from Eddie Howe's press conference.

"It was no surprise to us. Sandro from day one cooperated and was very honest with us, the club, and the authorities, what he has done and what happened. It was no surprise and we have been supporting him through this process.

"We don’t know is the honest answer (if his ban will be extended). I certainly hope for Sandro that there is no further consequences. He has suffered during this period, he’s sought help, he’s been very honest, admitted he has an issue and the best thing for Sandro would be to resume his career having taken his punishment and learned a lot of lesson.

"That goes without saying; you can’t quantify how much we’ve missed him this season. It’s been frustrating beyond belief. If that ban was extended, we would still be feeling that pain and so would Sandro. He wants to play football.”

Offline radioman33

I’ve watched Eddie Howe on bbc on this issue and I think they will just see it as a someone who is only 23,he’s doing a rehab etc and wrap it all up,no point in adding a ban as he’s seeking help for addiction.
Premier league Football matches have about 100 markets on betting,first throw in,how many shots on target,a player could make money easily,would he be purposely be trying to stop shooting at goal?.Probably just picking out a few teams to win.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I keep saying I like to go off the facts and not speculation and up to now it's pure speculation what sort of bets he was putting on.

The facts as we know at the minute are he was betting on football matches in Italy, he moved to Newcastle and continued to bet, the Italian FA charged him with breaching betting rules, he fully cooperated and was banned and his betting stopped. The FA have now charged him for betting in this country but this was during the time leading up to the issue coming to light and he is fully cooperating with them, no charges relate to betting after he was banned.

Statement from Eddie Howe's press conference.
Davie, you said that you thought it didn't matter what he was betting on however I just gave a few theoretical scenarios that demonstrate how it could have a direct bearing on the outcome of the match

I've not speculated on what he was or wasn't betting on or claimed any opinion as fact

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I’ve watched Eddie Howe on bbc on this issue and I think they will just see it as a someone who is only 23,he’s doing a rehab etc and wrap it all up,no point in adding a ban as he’s seeking help for addiction.
Premier league Football matches have about 100 markets on betting,first throw in,how many shots on target,a player could make money easily,would he be purposely be trying to stop shooting at goal?.Probably just picking out a few teams to win.
Don't forget the ban he received from the Italian FA was 18 months, "with eight months commuted as the player participates in a therapeutic plan and educational programme in Italy." and that "will involve Tonali making at least 16 trips to Italy to talk to players at assorted levels of football about the dangers of betting, in addition to visiting addiction clinics." I don't recall Ivan Toney having to do anything similar during his ban.   :unknown:

That's quite a complicated punishment and I think it would be very harsh for the FA to add any further ban for something that took place before him being banned.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Davie, you said that you thought it didn't matter what he was betting on however I just gave a few theoretical scenarios that demonstrate how it could have a direct bearing on the outcome of the match

I've not speculated on what he was or wasn't betting on or claimed any opinion as fact
That is speculating on what he could have done.  :unknown:

I could list 100's of thing he could have done, there's that many ways to bet on football, all pointless as no evidence has been made public that anything he did affected any match, why not just wait for the facts to come out. 

Doing something that afects the outcome of a match is match fixing and he hasn't been charged with that.

Offline Blackpool Rock

That is speculating on what he could have done.  :unknown:

I could list 100's of thing he could have done, there's that many ways to bet on football, all pointless as no evidence has been made public that anything he did affected any match, why not just wait for the facts to come out. 

Doing something that afects the outcome of a match is match fixing and he hasn't been charged with that.
It's showing the distinction that there is potential for someone to affect the outcome if they are playing in the actual match they are betting on which potentially makes the betting issue worse, that's not specific to him but also applies to any player betting on the match they are playing in.

So he hasn't been charged with match fixing however plenty of holes can be picked in that statement too -
We don't know whether or not he will or won't be charged with that at some point partly as we don't know whether or not they know the specifics of the bets he made
However your statement is surely speculating that he hasn't bet on something that could affect the outcome otherwise he would have been charged accordingly

It's all semantics and no point in either of us picking holes etc, as you say let's wait for thye facts and for it to run it's course, anyway a good 4-3 win today after being 3-1 down with only about 7 minutes to go  :drinks:

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
anyway a good 4-3 win today after being 3-1 down with only about 7 minutes to go  :drinks:
Good result, just a pity about more injuries.

Offline StingRay

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
and the red card!
That was just stupidity, he's let other players, the club, the fans and most importantly himself down. Delay the game these days and it's an automatic booking.

Maybe he didn't fancy playing his home town club?

Offline Stevelondon

Hi watched The Toon game in the pub.
After the game a cockney drinking at the same table said something along the lines of,
“I bet those Newcastle supporters who left the ground when your team was 1-3 down……. Are kicking themselves now”

I looked at him straight faced and said,
“Nobody would have left halfway through the match. That’s St James Park mate……not Old Trafford”  😂

Offline StingRay

That was just stupidity, he's let other players, the club, the fans and most importantly himself down. Delay the game these days and it's an automatic booking.

Same as players that take their shirts off, especially when already on a yellow card. Yes, you may have just scored the winning goal but, guess what, you won't be doing it in the next match!

Offline radioman33

Some good games today,have to feel for Luton just can’t hang on,Villa back with a nice win but unreal win for Newcastle,unable to see the highlights on YouTube until later on,I thought a draw was looking good.

Offline mr.bluesky

Jumping Jack will be a happy chappie tonight, the Villans beating " The Dingles" in the West Midlands Derby.

Online webpunter

Hi watched The Toon game in the pub.
After the game a cockney drinking at the same table said something along the lines of,
“I bet those Newcastle supporters who left the ground when your team was 1-3 down……. Are kicking themselves now”

I looked at him straight faced and said,
“Nobody would have left halfway through the match. That’s St James Park mate……not Old Trafford”  😂

Ex-fucking-actly
There's no leaving Bell End either

Online webpunter

Lets take a wild guess as to which match is 1st on MOTD

Offline StingRay

Lets take a wild guess as to which match is 1st on MOTD

I hope it's toon since it's the only one I want to watch - if not, it's iPlayer tomorrow with the added benefit that I can fast forward past jug ears! ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:59:18 pm by StingRay »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I hope it's toon since it's the only one I want to watch - if not, it's iPlayer tomorrow with the added benefit that I can fast forward past jug ears! ;)
Loads of highlights on YouTube mate and interviews with both managers and players.

Online webpunter

Everyone loves a late late happy ending
Brentford mounting Wankchester

Toney was on 🔥
If it is two strikers to go to the euros Watkins can go on hoilday

Offline Blackpool Rock

Everyone loves a late late happy ending
Brentford mounting Wankchester

Toney was on 🔥
If it is two strikers to go to the euros Watkins can go on hoilday
What's the odds on Toney going then  :rolleyes:

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Jumping Jack will be a happy chappie tonight, the Villans beating " The Dingles" in the West Midlands Derby.

Yes. Good always overcomes evil, especially at Easter!

Offline WARSZAWA16

Now German shirt issues it would appear. Don't mention 44. Starting to wonder now if Nike and Adidas are now working on the basis that there is no such thing as bad publicity:

External Link/Members Only

Online webpunter

Whilst Adidas have banned fans from buying shirts numbered 44 it'll be easy for so inclined fans to buy a shirt without & add the numbers afterwards
Independent shirt printers will no doubt pick up the demand

Offline timsussex

extract in The Times from Maurice Watkins (ManU solicitor and director) book "Legally Red"
The true story of how SvenGoran Eriksson almost succeeded Ferguson after Wenger turned the job down however Ferguson then changed his mind about retiring in December 2001
 Eriksson was expecting the sack as England manager after the world cup
Initially they felt that Ferguson was too late to change his mind however after Ferguson made it clear that he wanted 2 more years preferably at ManU but if not then elsewhere
So hours before Eriksson was due to hand in his resignation to the FA ManU told him he wasnt wanted anymore

Offline Thephoenix

Aaaaaahhhh!

What a perfect set of results at the top of the premier league  :dance:

Offline mr.bluesky

Aaaaaahhhh!

What a perfect set of results at the top of the premier league  :dance:

Leicester and Leeds did us a great favour today beating Norwich and Hull City respectively
 Keeps the play off race wide open. Unfortunately my Sky Blues lost at home to Cardiff so couldn't take advantage of it. Bugger  :dash:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:20:28 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator

Online webpunter

Leicester and Leeds did us a great favour today beating Norwich and Hull City respectively
 Keeps the play off race wide open. Unfortunately my Sky Blues lost at home to Cardiff so couldn't take advantage of it. Bugger  :dash:

It was squeaky time @ Bell End @ 1-1, thought a defeat was gonna be on the cards 
Ipswich scoring the winner with 30 secs to go
A late pen phew TFFT & then Dan James knocked it in from just over the half way line WTF  :yahoo:

Offline radioman33

Cov had a nightmare 2 own goals,you have to beat Leeds on Saturday which is realistic as they got lucky over Easter,both games,maybe the international break hasn’t helped Leeds.Cov are 12/1 for promotion.

Offline mr.bluesky

Cov had a nightmare 2 own goals,you have to beat Leeds on Saturday which is realistic as they got lucky over Easter,both games,maybe the international break hasn’t helped Leeds.Cov are 12/1 for promotion.

With Leeds aiming for the top spot it's going to be a tough game. I'd have been a lot happier to take 3 points off Cardiff and settle for a draw against Leeds but the Leeds game is a must win game for us now.  :scare:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Everton had been having a reasonably good season then they got docked 10 points but given their form everyone was saying how this was the season to get docked as they were obviously still going to be safe, the 10 points was then reduced to 6 so happy days  :unknown:

Apart from their form has taken a horrendous dive and they are now on their joint longest run of games in the Prem without a win (12), it will become their longest tonight if they fail to beat Newcastle

Just wondering why their form has turned to rat shit  :unknown:

Online webpunter

The break wasnt good for continuity
Some injuries picked up with numerous players on international duty / fatigue which meant some switches on the pitch
Watford a bogey team away, so a draw was welcome

The 1st half against Hull it was like Leeds picked up where they left off @ Watford
A game of two halves with leeds getting their act together in the 2nd half
3-1 was flattering, 2-1 was more of what i was expecting [settle for this yep], though Dan James scoring from just over the half way line & down the side was impressive
Not playing very well & still getting 3 points, yes please

There'll be some more twists & turns
For quite some time i've been following the other matches
Leicester @ Bristol City was turned on its head after Vardy missed a sitter then City go up the other end & score

Cov one the strongest oppo in Leeds remaining fixtures, i'm pleased a Sat 3pm KO coz lunchtime matches Leeds seem to take a while to get going
I'll take the draw

Online mikecee

Everton had been having a reasonably good season then they got docked 10 points but given their form everyone was saying how this was the season to get docked as they were obviously still going to be safe, the 10 points was then reduced to 6 so happy days  :unknown:

Apart from their form has taken a horrendous dive and they are now on their joint longest run of games in the Prem without a win (12), it will become their longest tonight if they fail to beat Newcastle

Just wondering why their form has turned to rat shit  :unknown:

I remember a few seasons back when Dyche was manager of Burnley.  They played Everton in a late season relegation six-pointer at Turf Moor.  Everton led 2-1 at half time.  Dyche told his team 'they've forgotten how to win '. Burnley won 3-2.  We've forgotten how to win.  We've got a point tonight against a severely depleted Newcastle side.  It might be a turning point but in the next few days I expect this point and several more to be taken off us  due to FFP.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator

I remember a few seasons back when Dyche was manager of Burnley.  They played Everton in a late season relegation six-pointer at Turf Moor.  Everton led 2-1 at half time.  Dyche told his team 'they've forgotten how to win '. Burnley won 3-2.  We've forgotten how to win.  We've got a point tonight against a severely depleted Newcastle side.  It might be a turning point but in the next few days I expect this point and several more to be taken off us  due to FFP.
All I can say is thank the lord Dummett's contract's up at the end of the season.

Online mikecee

All I can say is thank the lord Dummett's contract's up at the end of the season.

All l can say is that if it wasn't for your injury problems he probably wouldn't have made the bench.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
All l can say is that if it wasn't for your injury problems he probably wouldn't have made the bench.
Very true, we had 2 goalkeepers and 4 teenagers on the bench, he should have put Matt Ritchie on instead of Dummett though, he's left footed and has played leftback before and he's experienced enough not to think you can get away with wrestling in the box.

Online webpunter

Of the the teams at the bottom my picks for survival would be Luton & Burnley
See the FFP cheats Everton & the spend like there is no tomorrow Forest go down
Both would implode especially Everton who have the new stadium to pay for, as they are long term serial cheaters

All this reducing 10 points to 6 points mullarkey  :rolleyes:
As for supporting the womens team yeah right
& building a new stadium with the costs = you didnt have to when clearly you cant afford it

The whole point of FFP is that there is the potential of a huge cost if clubs break the 'crystal' rules
The biggest one being relegation

Bollocks to Everton getting let off for a 2nd offence
They deserve another 6 points as the pending loss looks like its on the increase

A few points here & there is the square root of FA as a deterrent
Its a few places down the table with maybe a difference of £2m per place at the end of the season

Looks like its gonna be only 3-4 points
Fat Frank got a £7m pay-off !
From Sky:
Everton have sacked manager Frank Lampard after he was in the job for less than a year
The club have suffered a poor run of form and are second from bottom of the Premier League, with no wins in their last 10 games in all competitions

And being supported by dodgy ruskies cost em £20m

Offline nwluvit

Very true, we had 2 goalkeepers and 4 teenagers on the bench, he should have put Matt Ritchie on instead of Dummett though, he's left footed and has played leftback before and he's experienced enough not to think you can get away with wrestling in the box.

Having watched the game. If the goal ruled out for offside had been given Everton would hsve been down and out. It seemed to lift them. Isak should have scored a 2nd, but hey ho, off to Fulham next. Wont be easy.

Offline mr.bluesky

There must be something in the air over East Midlands way, not only are the football team being investigated  for breaking the FFP rules but the Rugby team Leicester Tigers have also been found guilty of breaking Rugby's salary cap rules so both Foxes and Tigers are a bunch of cheating cunts. Tigers should be relegated to Rugby's second  tier like Saracens were and Leicester City should have a thirty point deduction to drop them out of the promotion race  :thumbsdown:

Offline Stevelondon

Agree with Davie. Poor decision by the manager to send on Dumbass. Getting involved with an experienced pro like Young. Never going to look good.
I can’t see a new contract being offered.

Offline toon972

I think Howe was giving Dummett some match time because of the injury to Lascelles but I agree it backfired on him.

Offline Stevelondon

What a match the Chelsea v Man U was.      Just finished.
A cracker of a game for the neutral

Online webpunter

What a match the Chelsea v Man U was.      Just finished.
A cracker of a game for the neutral

Not much, banging

As for the neutrals celebrations north east south & west  :yahoo:

@shed, what positives can you take from the match ?

Offline Blackpool Rock

Not much, banging

As for the neutrals celebrations north east south & west  :yahoo:

@shed, what positives can you take from the match ?
Spare a thought for Londoners Webby  :rolleyes:

Anyway shouldn't this be on the Happy old men thread  :drinks:

Online webpunter

Spare a thought for Londoners Webby  :rolleyes:

Anyway shouldn't this be on the Happy old men thread  :drinks:

Good call on the cockneys  :thumbsup:

It can be indeed be [also] on the HOM thread

Thankfully i'm not quite qualifying just yet [for HOM], though it is on the distant horizon

The curvature of the earth keeping most of it obscured for now, phew TFFT

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Good call on the cockneys  :thumbsup:

It can be indeed be [also] on the HOM thread

Thankfully i'm not quite qualifying just yet [for HOM], though it is on the distant horizon

The curvature of the earth keeping most of it obscured for now, phew TFFT

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I’m enjoying the new version of Fergie Time!