Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 50069 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Offline Punterperson1971

External Link/Members Only
Brighton announce record profits for 22-23 season doesn’t include sales of Sanchez & Caicedo
Not bad considering other clubs are losing money left right and centre,shows a bit of stability and running it sensibly considering where they came from in 90’s and almost out of business,it shows you can enjoy success if managed right.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 04:35:04 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline mr.bluesky

Brighton announce record profits for 22-23 season doesn’t include sales of Sanchez & Caicedo
Not bad considering other clubs are losing money left right and centre,shows a bit of stability and running it sensibly considering where they came from in 90’s and almost out of business,it shows you can enjoy success if managed right.

A well run club is Brighton the template for all clubs of a similar size. It wasn't so long ago they were a club without their own ground and nearly dropped out the football league.

Offline StingRay

That must have been quite some match up in jockland (I wonder why it was an early KO  ;)) I will search youtube for commentary, in English!

Offline mr.bluesky

That must have been quite some match up in jockland (I wonder why it was an early KO  ;)) I will search youtube for commentary, in English!

Probably because it was shown on Sky and they had to fit it in before the Wankchester Utd v Liverpool game  .
No away fans allowed in Ibrox today so it could not have been to stop fans getting pissed up before the game.
 :unknown:
If Rangers had lost today the title would have been as good as Celtic's as it is Rangers only 1point behind with a game in hand. Strange how it's Celtic and Rangers going toe to toe for the title, who da thought that :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 02:55:11 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

Talk is that Frank Lampard is the shock candidate to take over as coach of the Canadian National Football team.  :scare:
They'd be better off hiring the coach of the Canadian ice hockey team.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Talk is that Frank Lampard is the shock candidate to take over as coach of the Canadian National Football team.  :scare:
Puck me  :D

Offline ulstersubbie

Fat Frank will love it, plenty of moose burgers with extra ketchup!

Offline ulstersubbie

With Leeds aiming for the top spot it's going to be a tough game. I'd have been a lot happier to take 3 points off Cardiff and settle for a draw against Leeds but the Leeds game is a must win game for us now.  :scare:

Good result for you yesterday, bet you're buzzing mate!

Offline mr.bluesky

Yeah, we had our biggest ever attendance at the CBS arena for that game, one we had to win to stay in the play off race. Also an FA cup semi final at Wembley to look forward too. Manager Mark Robins is doing an incredible job this season on a shoestring budget. If we don't make the play offs and get beat in the Cup semi final it will still be a good season. The club are on an upwards trajectory.
If omens are anything to go by when Coventry won the FA Cup in 1987 they knocked out Sheffield Wednesday and Manchester Utd on the way to the final. This season we have already knocked out Sheffield Wednesday  so we hope history can repeat itself  ( not likely  but we can but dream) The Cup always throws up a good story. What better than an ex Man Utd player Robins knocking out his old club.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 08:38:29 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

I see your boys are in the play off places in the Scottish championship table. Hopefully we will both have something to celebrate at the end of the season  :drinks:

Offline webpunter

Cov one the strongest oppo in Leeds remaining fixtures, i'm pleased a Sat 3pm KO coz lunchtime matches Leeds seem to take a while to get going
I'll take the draw

:rolleyes: :dash:

Offline webpunter

Brodgers on Sky Sports post match interview after the match
He's going on like its a real important footy match  :rolleyes:
Its not far off wendy ball when it comes to credibility & relevance
He's laarfin all the way to the bank on £3m a year to have two [ooops four] important matches a year
A part time job 

Offline mr.bluesky

:rolleyes: :dash:

Sorry webbie  :D but hopefully we will do your lot a favour in a couple of weeks time by beating Ipswich. Anything to stop the nearby East Midlands inbreds ( Leicester City) getting promotion

Offline radioman33

Sorry webbie  :D but hopefully we will do your lot a favour in a couple of weeks time by beating Ipswich. Anything to stop the nearby East Midlands inbreds ( Leicester City) getting promotion

Cov play Southampton away next so difficult game.If you reach the fa cup final and playoff finals you got to play games 0n the 25th and 26th May.The fa cup is on the 25th.

Offline ulstersubbie

I see your boys are in the play off places in the Scottish championship table. Hopefully we will both have something to celebrate at the end of the season  :drinks:

They are, but I can't see us going up, it's been an inconsistent season for the mighty Jags so far.     :(

Offline WARSZAWA16

Everton have just been deducted a further 2 points. This could leave The Toffees in a sticky situation. Seriously though, it's beginning to look like the relegation places will be decided around a table in the summer:

Offline StingRay

Everton have just been deducted a further 2 points. This could leave The Toffees in a sticky situation. Seriously though, it's beginning to look like the relegation places will be decided around a table in the summer:

The whole situation is totally fucked up - I've said it before, but this is looking like another Colin situation!

Offline sir wanksalot

This is crazy. Any sanctions should be announced in the summer i.e. the close season.

Doing it mid-season is lunacy. All the teams around Everton might well be adjusting their tactics and strategy based on where they are in the table

Offline mr.bluesky

Cov play Southampton away next so difficult game.If you reach the fa cup final and playoff finals you got to play games 0n the 25th and 26th May.The fa cup is on the 25th.

Yes  that's crazy having the championship play off final the day after the Cup final. Not likely  we're going to qualify for both but if by some miracle we do they will have to re schedule  the play off final to a later date .
We also have Ipswich at home in a few weeks time another tough game . No easy games in the Championship.
As regards the close dates the FA cup is run by the Football Association whereas the championship is run by the football league.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:01:45 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

They are 'cheating' inbreds
My preferred teams for promotion
My lot
Ipswich
Your lot

Offline webpunter

Sticky, very good
Two points is a waste of time
Penalties should be at a level where its curtains for teams re relegation
The higher up the league they are when the punishment is dished out the greater the deduction
The piss poor penalties are an encouragement to break the 'crystal' rules

Offline webpunter

FFP luxury tax  :rolleyes:

The more you breach the more you pay *
Distributed to other teams, we'll see
After the PL hoover up a large wedge of the 'tax'

Citeh must be smiling
Tho a whopping tax surcharge will be due

I cant but help think that the PL are thinking that they aint up to challenging City & Chelsea with their armies of lawyers
Give em an easy out
Boehly has spunked the best part of £5bn, they'll pay
City too
Qatar will send a bank transfer, no worries phew TFFT
Tho Chelsea's US hedge fund investors are gonna be even more fucked off than they already are  :lol:

* a bit like paying more for anal

Offline mr.bluesky

They are 'cheating' inbreds
My preferred teams for promotion
My lot
Ipswich
Your lot

:drinks: I'll drink to that.
As regards the Everton/ Nottingham Forest points deduction situation it is ridiculous that both clubs could finish outside the relegation zone at the end of the season yet be relegated due to further points deductions by a behind closed doors meeting after the season has ended. Get it sorted ASAP. Manchester City's situation also needs sorting out now. With a very tight title race going on what if Manchester City finish top then have a points deduction ( unlikely I know) which gives the title to Arsenal or Liverpool via the outcome of another post season behind closed doors meeting,  its crazy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:00:49 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

Sticky, very good
Two points is a waste of time
Penalties should be at a level where its curtains for teams re relegation
The higher up the league they are when the punishment is dished out the greater the deduction
The piss poor penalties are an encouragement to break the 'crystal' rules

It all reminds me of Saracens Rugby Union team's situation a couple of years ago. They were found guilty of breaking Rugby's salary cap ( many times over a four year period) so we're given a meagre points deduction so they would finish bottom of the league and hence relegated to the Championship.  Unfortunately Saracens were still too good and pissing all over the opposition and would still have been safe so they hit them with an even bigger points deduction ensuring they did finish  bottom of the league and hence relegated. Not that it did them much harm because all they did was loan out all their top earners for one season to other clubs whilst in the championship ( 2nd tier of Rugby) then won the league by a country mile and got promoted back after just one season. No punishment at all in the long run. :unknown:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:17:14 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline nwluvit

It all reminds me of Saracens Rugby Union team's situation a couple of years ago. They were found guilty of breaking Rugby's salary cap ( many times over a four year period) so we're given a meagre points deduction so they would finish bottom of the league and hence relegated to the Championship.  Unfortunately Saracens were still too good and pissing all over the opposition and would still have been safe so they hit them with an even bigger points deduction ensuring they did finish  bottom of the league and hence relegated. Not that it did them much harm because all they did was loan out all their top earners for one season to other clubs whilst in the championship ( 2nd tier of Rugby) then won the league by a country mile and got promoted back after just one season. No punishment at all in the long run. :unknown:

What would you have rather done. Just put them out of business!!
Glasgow Rangers got demoted to the bottom division in Scottish Football. Will Citeh end up in League 2 or level below?

Imagine home gates of 40000+ vs Crewe or Southend

Offline StingRay

What would you have rather done. Just put them out of business!!
Glasgow Rangers got demoted to the bottom division in Scottish Football. Will Citeh end up in League 2 or level below?

Imagine home gates of 40000+ vs Crewe or Southend

citeh will be in the northern division and also play in the LDV Vans Cup - looks a good bet for a double!  :lol:

Offline badsin

Doubt anything will happen to city, to big to go down. I'd like to see it, but doubt it will happen.
Aren't the rules changing in the summer anyway? So Everton and forest have deductions, whilst city and Chelsea get away with it

Offline radioman33

Leeds only had 1 shot on target,really struggling now,Southampton looking good after beating cov that’s them done for the playoffs.I reckon it’s Ipswich(big game tonight) and Leicester now for auto promotion,Leeds had to win a home game against Sunderland last night?.Teams with nothing to play for seem to play well.

Offline mr.bluesky

Leeds only had 1 shot on target,really struggling now,Southampton looking good after beating cov that’s them done for the playoffs.I reckon it’s Ipswich(big game tonight) and Leicester now for auto promotion,Leeds had to win a home game against Sunderland last night?.Teams with nothing to play for seem to play well.

Disappointing result for the sky blues last night. We have never won at St Mary's stadium.  Listening to the game on local radio we had plenty of chances. Haji Wright missed a penalty at 0-0 that could have put a different perspective on the game. Still we have a game in hand over Norwich which we must win. We play Ipswich at home soon so another must win game. Oh well if we don't make the play offs we'll just have to settle on winning the FA cup  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 10:51:20 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

So the latest thing on clubs breaking the financial fair play ruling in the future is for clubs not to get points deductions but instead have to pay a fine or levy which would then be shared out to clubs who don't break the ruling. Ridiculous as the big clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea will go ahead and keep breaking the rules whilst happily paying meagre fines. A massive points deduction and a fine is the only way to stop clubs breaching the rules .

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
So the latest thing on clubs breaking the financial fair play ruling in the future is for clubs not to get points deductions but instead have to pay a fine or levy which would then be shared out to clubs who don't break the ruling. Ridiculous as the big clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea will go ahead and keep breaking the rules whilst happily paying meagre fines.
I quite like that idea.   :thumbsup:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I quite like that idea.   :thumbsup:
Only because your backers have the deepest pockets  :unknown:  :D

Offline pegman8

Doubt anything will happen to city, to big to go down. I'd like to see it, but doubt it will happen.
Aren't the rules changing in the summer anyway? So Everton and forest have deductions, whilst city and Chelsea get away with it

I agree Forest have one infringement and get 4 points deducted City have 115 or so and as yet have got nothing.
The rules might be changing in the summer but that should only be for infringements committed after they have been introduced.

Money talks and City and Chelsea will bribe  their way out like City did last time.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Only because your backers have the deepest pockets  :unknown:  :D
Yeah, we've stuck rigidly to the FFP rules despite being the richest club in world football while others totally ignore them then whinge when they get caught out.

We even sold fan's favourite Saint-Maximin to help balance the books, though as it was Newcastle the sale was scrutinised despite the fee being slightly less than market value.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I agree Forest have one infringement and get 4 points deducted City have 115 or so and as yet have got nothing.
The rules might be changing in the summer but that should only be for infringements committed after they have been introduced.

Money talks and City and Chelsea will bribe  their way out like City did last time.

Unfortunately it’s not as straightforward as that. The charges against Manchester City and Chelsea are completely different to the charges and guilty verdicts against Everton and Forest.

Offline mr.bluesky

Unfortunately it’s not as straightforward as that. The charges against Manchester City and Chelsea are completely different to the charges and guilty verdicts against Everton and Forest.

Leicester City could get promoted to the Premier  league and start the new season back in the top flight  with a points deduction, crazy ( mind you they deserve it  the cheating inbreds  :D)

Leicester City could get promoted to the Premier  league and start the new season back in the top flight  with a points deduction, crazy ( mind you they deserve it  the cheating inbreds  :D)

Speaking of inbreds I hope you hammer several more nails into the Blose relegation coffin on Saturday. Hopefully your players won’t have one eye on the semi final!

Offline Blackpool Rock

So the latest thing on clubs breaking the financial fair play ruling in the future is for clubs not to get points deductions but instead have to pay a fine or levy which would then be shared out to clubs who don't break the ruling. Ridiculous as the big clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea will go ahead and keep breaking the rules whilst happily paying meagre fines. A massive points deduction and a fine is the only way to stop clubs breaching the rules .
Perhaps they need to stop clubs from signing any new players including taking players on loan or they could reduce the size of their squad as punishment

Offline nwluvit

Yeah, we've stuck rigidly to the FFP rules despite being the richest club in world football while others totally ignore them then whinge when they get caught out.

We even sold fan's favourite Saint-Maximin to help balance the books, though as it was Newcastle the sale was scrutinised despite the fee being slightly less than market value.

That was the bit that really irritated me. We got a lot less for Saint Maximin than we should have.

Offline mr.bluesky

Speaking of inbreds I hope you hammer several more nails into the Blose relegation coffin on Saturday. Hopefully your players won’t have one eye on the semi final!

:thumbsup: we'll do our best, they deserve to go down after the way they treated John Eustace.  We need maximum points or as near as damn it if we are to make the play offs. Trouble is Coventry have a bit of a soft spot for the bluenoses  after ground sharing with them when we were homeless.

:thumbsup: we'll do our best, they deserve to go down after the way they treated John Eustace.  We need maximum points or as near as damn it if we are to make the play offs. Trouble is Coventry have a bit of a soft spot for the bluenoses  after ground sharing with them when we were homeless.

There is nothing remotely likeable about those knuckledraggers. A stain on my home city.

Offline Punterperson1971

Sheffield united will have 2 points deducted next season once they are back in the EFL as they can’t give them the deduction while they are still in premier league,it’s due to them missing payments while in the championship

Offline mr.bluesky

There is nothing remotely likeable about those knuckledraggers. A stain on my home city.

Must be tough following Villa with the Dingles to the west of you and the knucledraggers to the east of you.  :D

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
That was the bit that really irritated me. We got a lot less for Saint Maximin than we should have.
I think it was about £10m below what he was worth.

On a better note Joelinton has just signed a new long term deal.   :yahoo:

Offline southcoastpunter

blimey - Liverpool in real trouble - lost 3-0 at home and looked very poor and tired!!

Must be tough following Villa with the Dingles to the west of you and the knucledraggers to the east of you.  :D

You forgot the Tesco bags too  :lol:

Offline nwluvit

I think it was about £10m below what he was worth.

On a better note Joelinton has just signed a new long term deal.   :yahoo:

That is great news. Finally got a ticket in the ballot so driving from North Manchester to Newcastlle to see the Lsds play spurs on Saturday.

Offline nwluvit

Liverpool and West ham had a tough night.  Villa just about squeaked it.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
That is great news. Finally got a ticket in the ballot so driving from North Manchester to Newcastlle to see the Lsds play spurs on Saturday.
Like gold dust tickets these days. Early KO as well.

Rumour has it he's going to play Gordon, Isak and Barnes as a front 3.