Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Trying to calculate an angle  (Read 569 times)

Offline donnybob

Hi all.
I hated this kind of stuff at school but I need to calculate an angle.
It's for a slide, I'm building it into a tree but I'm worried that it's too steep
It's 62 inches high and the bottom part is 88 inches away from the ground point that I measured the height from.
The actual slide length is 105 inches, it just looks too steep to me..
Anyone help with what the angle actually is ?

Offline Doc Holliday

Online RandomGuy99

It appears that they recommend that the angle of a slide should be no more than 30 degrees

External Link/Members Only

Offline Blackpool Rock

It's around 35 degrees

From the measurement he gave it looks fairly close to being a "345" triangle, see I wasn't just pissing around all of the time in Maths  :P  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

It appears that they recommend that the angle of a slide should be no more than 30 degrees

It's about right then but I guess it depends what material the slide is therefore how "Slidey" it is, also need to factor in the age of the kids who will be using it as don't want really little ones shooting off the end and hurting themselves, if they are teens then fuck em they're old enough to sort themselves out and do the risk assessment  :drinks:

Logically if this is a purchased slide then it should state the angle etc, i'm guessing it something knocked up at home in the shed  :unknown:

Offline Podger

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:04:40 pm by Podger »

Offline donnybob

It's about right then but I guess it depends what material the slide is therefore how "Slidey" it is, also need to factor in the age of the kids who will be using it as don't want really little ones shooting off the end and hurting themselves, if they are teens then fuck em they're old enough to sort themselves out and do the risk assessment  :drinks:

Logically if this is a purchased slide then it should state the angle etc, i'm guessing it something knocked up at home in the shed  :unknown:

It is a purchased slide but it doesn't come with the frame its plastic built onto a metal frame but the height part just has an angle type bracket to affix it to something in this case a tree and branches

Offline mr.bluesky

Build a swing it will be easier  :D dangle two ropes from a branch with a plank of wood in the middle to sit on.

Offline donnybob

Build a swing it will be easier  :D dangle two ropes from a branch with a plank of wood in the middle to sit on.

The swung is coming after the slide but as the slide is the largest component I needed to build that first.
Rope ladder on one side to climb up and a cargo net on the other side

Offline petermisc

I may be missing something here, but most slides don't go straight down - they usually incorporate a run off at the bottom where the angle steadily decreases.  Otherwise coming down at something like 30 degrees, you would hit the floor very hard.

If the OP's dimensions for his purchased slide include this run off, then the angle of the straight bit will be much greater.

Online RandomGuy99

The guidance is 30 degrees or less, so I suggest you follow the guidance

Online timsussex

from nearly 60 years ago I remember OHMS - Opposite over Hypotenuse Means Sine and the sine of 30 degrees is 0.5
So if the slide is the hypotenuse you need half the length to be the start height

Online StingRay

Why was the hypotenuse so bad in bed? He couldn't find the right angle!

OK, yes I see it, my coat is over there!  :hi:

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Oh well you all beat me to it  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

The swung is coming after the slide but as the slide is the largest component I needed to build that first.
Rope ladder on one side to climb up and a cargo net on the other side

When you've finished all that can you come round to my place and put up a new fence  :D

Online StingRay

When you've finished all that can you come round to my place and put up a new fence  :D

What angle would you like the fence at?
  ;)