Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 28559 times)

Offline 8MillionDollarMan

I think reporting every death in the US might become a bit boring and long winded.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:15:02 pm by 8MillionDollarMan »

Offline Ghost89

Richard Lewis.

Comedian and actor probably best known here for Curb your Enthusiasm. Very funny on that show. Suffered from Parkinson’s disease and had several surgeries for various things but passed away from a heart attack.

Online mills_and_bhuna

I think reporting every death in the US might become a bit boring and long winded.
I agree. I'm just not sure what the relevance is to the thread. Has there been a glut of unremarkable, obscure deaths being marked with a post?

Online finn5555

Dave Myers, one half of TV cooking duo The Hairy Bikers, has died at the age of 66 from cancer RIP

Offline Dickled

Dave Myers, one half of TV cooking duo The Hairy Bikers, has died at the age of 66 from cancer RIP
Sad to read this.
I found them a bit silly at times, but they came across as genuinely nice blokes, good at interacting with people of all cultures and nationalities while engaged in their culinary adventures.
RIP.

Offline george r

only just seen this very sad , he had looked very thin since his comeback

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

Very sad news, he was a big personality, they made cooking so obtainable for many, just last week I was watching his series after he came back, he looked very poorly, bless him and his family, a big loss RIP

Offline puntingking

very sad.

Rip Dave Myers :hi:

Offline EUGENE TACKLEBERRY

Just seen on the news, very sad, loved watching those 2

RiP Dave Myers

Offline 8MillionDollarMan

R.I.P been through the ringer and didn't look long for this world lately,he seemed like the nice one of the bikers.

Offline StingRay

Just seen on the news, very sad, loved watching those 2

RiP Dave Myers

Same here, great programs by 2 entertaining unpretentious guys! RIP Dave!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:37:41 pm by StingRay »

Offline chrishornx

great guys  he will be  missed  but not convinced about comments that he looked like the 'nice one'  - to me they both seemed like nice guys

Offline Blackpool Rock

great guys  he will be  missed  but not convinced about comments that he looked like the 'nice one'  - to me they both seemed like nice guys
Yeah strange comment, I remember when Eric Morecambe died and a few people said they wished it had been Ernie Wise instead as Eric was the better / funnier one of the two  :thumbsdown:
I took exception to one person who said it as it's effectively wishing someone dead or saying that their life and existence is worth less than someone else's  :unknown: 

Offline petermisc

Two nice guys going round eating stuff - never really saw what all the fuss was about. Nice, uncontentious, feelgood pap, maybe, but hardly great programs.

Offline alabama1

R.I.P been through the ringer and didn't look long for this world lately,he seemed like the nice one of the bikers.
And what facts do you base that on  :unknown:

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Yeah strange comment, I remember when Eric Morecambe died and a few people said they wished it had been Ernie Wise instead as Eric was the better / funnier one of the two  :thumbsdown:
I took exception to one person who said it as it's effectively wishing someone dead or saying that their life and existence is worth less than someone else's  :unknown:
"I'm a cross between Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise - I'm dead boring" Jerry Sadowitz (said in 1988)

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Richard Lewis.

Comedian and actor probably best known here for Curb your Enthusiasm. Very funny on that show. Suffered from Parkinson’s disease and had several surgeries for various things but passed away from a heart attack.
A really established stand up comedian in the US and as mentioned a good actor as well, but less well known here. He claimed to have made the phrase "from hell" popular as in "the neighbour from hell" "the wife from hell" etc.

Offline myothernameis

Nick Sheridan BBC Scotland presenter has passed away at 32 yrs old, that's shocking, and the circumstances.   Seemingly the journalist was said to be out running when he collapsed after suffering a suspected aneurysm

R.I.P Nick

External Link/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Blackpool Rock

Nick Sheridan BBC Scotland presenter has passed away at 32 yrs old, that's shocking, and the circumstances.   Seemingly the journalist was said to be out running when he collapsed after suffering a suspected aneurysm

R.I.P Nick

Always a shock when an apparently fit; healthy & young person suddenly dies, we've seen a couple of high profile cases in the last few years with footballers collapsing on the pitch who would have died if there hadn't been immediate medical support

This kind of thing just reinforces how you should try to live life to the full while you still can as none of us know when our time may be up  :thumbsdown:

Offline MrMatrix

R.I.P Nick

O my word, poor bloke and poor family. Such events for a family are hard to come to terms with. My friends 22 year old son collapsed off a cycle training machine in his kitchen. yes just awful

Online MrBamboo

Eric Carmen who wrote "All by Myself" has passed away aged 74.. RIP

Offline lostandfound

Eric Carmen who wrote "All by Myself" has passed away aged 74.. RIP

Ripped off Rachmaninoff but did it well.

Online mr.bluesky

Another musician has passed away recently, Karl Wallinger best remembered as a member of the groups The Waterboys (The whole of the moon) and World Party (ship of fools) also wrote " she's the one" which was a big hit for Robbie Williams.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 08:02:25 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline badsin

Steve Harley, cockney rebel, after a short battle with cancer.

Offline Private Parts

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Steve Harley, cockney rebel, after a short battle with cancer.

Awww that is sad  :( RIP

Offline alabama1

Loved Cockney Rebel in the 70's . Such an original/quirky band, and Steve Harley was an all round good egg by the sound of it. Sad news indeed  :( But lets remember all of the good memories that he and his band gave to a lot of people. They can't be taken from us.  :drinks:

Online mr.bluesky

Loved Cockney Rebel in the 70's . Such an original/quirky band, and Steve Harley was an all round good egg by the sound of it. Sad news indeed  :( But lets remember all of the good memories that he and his band gave to a lot of people. They can't be taken from us.  :drinks:

Yeah came out with some great songs .

Offline silverspoon

Larry Lloyd (75) ex Liverpool and Forest defender,RIP

Online mr.bluesky

Great defender , also had a couple of seasons at Coventry City.

Offline badsin

Used to drink in a pub near me. Nice chap. One of the few that got away with some back chat to old big head.
RIP

Online mr.bluesky

RIP to American actor Louis Gossett jr probably best remembered for playing gunnery sergeant Emil Folley in the film An Officer and a Gentleman. He won an Oscar as best supporting actor in this role.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:51:09 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline WDFORTE

R.I.P Nick

On first glance I thought that was a pic of Limmy..

Offline myothernameis

Chris Cross, real name Chris Allen and founding member of Ultravox, and co-wrote Vienna has passed away at 71 years old

Offline Blackpool Rock

Chris Cross, real name Chris Allen and founding member of Ultravox, and co-wrote Vienna has passed away at 71 years old
I believe that song has been voted the best ever song not to reach No.1 and the ultimate travesty is the load of shite that kept it off the top spot  :dash:

Offline silverspoon

I believe that song has been voted the best ever song not to reach No.1 and the ultimate travesty is the load of shite that kept it off the top spot  :dash:

aagh shaddup your face :unknown:

Criminal

Online mr.bluesky

aagh shaddup your face :unknown:

Criminal

A travesty that song  never made No1 in the charts. When you look back over chart history there's been a lot of crap songs that get to the top of the charts . An awful lot of people have poor taste in music  :dash:

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Joe Flaherty - comedian famous for writing and acting on SNL during its early days.

Offline chrishornx

A travesty that song  never made No1 in the charts. When you look back over chart history there's been a lot of crap songs that get to the top of the charts . An awful lot of people have poor taste in music  :dash:

very often just 'different taste' rather than 'poor'. No justification for assuming anybody's particular taste in music is better than somebody else. I can't warm to rap but millions love it

Online mr.bluesky

very often just 'different taste' rather than 'poor'. No justification for assuming anybody's particular taste in music is better than somebody else. I can't warm to rap but millions love it

Chart history is full of one hit wonders, novelty records by groups/ acts that get to the top of the charts then are never seen or heard of again. "Grandad" by St Winifreds school choir, The birdie song by the tweets and add many more to the list.

Offline Bertiebeenthere

Sorry to be pedantic, but "Granddad" was by Clive Dunn, "Grandma" was the school choir.

Online mr.bluesky

Sorry to be pedantic, but "Granddad" was by Clive Dunn, "Grandma" was the school choir.

Yes, How on earth could I have got those two classic songs mixed up  :sarcastic:
Both utter shite
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:30:36 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

Yes, How on earth could I have got those two classic songs mixed up  :sarcastic:
Both utter shite

but that does not change the fact that you may find them "shite' but others loved them both

your taste doesn't 'rule the roost'

Online mr.bluesky

but that does not change the fact that you may find them "shite' but others loved them both

your taste doesn't 'rule the roost'

Not saying it does  I bet you have them in your record collection  :D
The original point being that Joe Dolce's shaddup your face stopped Vienna by Ultravox from getting to number one. Everyone's taste in music is different. It doesn't alter the fact that it is still an awful record.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 12:15:06 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline bbwandy72

St Winifreds school choir
Random anecdote. I met one of them in later life. She'd grown up into an incredibly sexy alternative goth girl. I fancied her a lot - sadly that's all I did, though.

Online mr.bluesky

Random anecdote. I met one of them in later life. She'd grown up into an incredibly sexy alternative goth girl. I fancied her a lot - sadly that's all I did, though.

Did you know Sally Lindsey actress of Coronation Street fame and big pal of comedian Peter Kay was a member of St Winifreds school choir .

Online mr.bluesky

RIP John " Tiger" Louis former Ipswich Witches and England International speedway rider . Former British Champion and World team cup winner . As a kid growing up I was massively into speedway ( still am today)
His son Chris was also a successful speedway rider and is promoter of the Ipswich Witches speedway club today.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 06:48:45 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline DastardlyDick

The
The original point being that Joe Dolce's shaddup your face stopped Vienna by Ultravox from getting to number one

I never had "Grandad" or "Grandma" in my collection, but I did have both "Shadduppa your face" and "Vienna".    :crazy:

Offline Private Parts

I never had "Grandad" or "Grandma" in my collection, but I did have both "Shadduppa your face" and "Vienna".    :crazy:

It’s all about balance!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Not saying it does  I bet you have them in your record collection  :D
The original point being that Joe Dolce's shaddup your face stopped Vienna by Ultravox from getting to number one. Everyone's taste in music is different. It doesn't alter the fact that it is still an awful record.  :crazy:
Let's face it Shaddap you face was a novelty type record and would have been bought mainly by kids and fuckwits (Sorry DD i'm sure you were young and still learning  :rolleyes::wacko:
The other thing to consider is that years ago you didn't necessarily have to sell the most records nationwide to be No.1 as only record sales from some shops were included to compile the chart
I remember being told this at school by a maths teacher who said his son was in the industry and he reckoned that people were sometimes sent into specific record shops to bulk buy certain records, who would have thought that the music industry had corruption  :D

I know it's going OT but perhaps we should all ask ourselves which one would you still listen to  :unknown:

The artistic classic Vienna complete with a great video which i'm sure people still give a whirl  :drinks:

Or this total fucking crap, I only made it to about 30 seconds before my ears started bleeding  :dash:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:05:54 am by Blackpool Rock »