Author Topic: 30/12/2022 experience of Rio’s Naturist Spa, Kentish Town, London  (Read 13018 times)

Offline markmamailrk20

Not sure where to post this review, so placed it here.

30/12/2022 experience of Rio’s Naturist Spa, Kentish Town, London

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

**This review is not aimed at running the place down, but is a fair reflection of my experience when I went**

I woke up. This was the first mistake of the day. It was dark. Not dark enough for it to be nigh time, but dark because its winter and its dim. I was in my worn-out bed, whose sheets I don’t change nearly often enough, in my stale, dank bedsit, alone. How the fuck was I going to make it through another weird, between Christmas and New Year day? I needed to do something sleazy, but something that would kill a decent amount of time. I was tired of quickies in Soho Walk ups. I fancied a punt with a high end transexual, but I didn’t have the money and that would not eat up enough time anyway. What about a dirty strip pub? A waste of time. Fuck. I had an uninspiring breakfast while gazing out of the condensation packed window. Fuck this, I decided to have a wank over tranny porn (second mistake of the day) and went back to sleep.

Woke up again far too quickly. But this time I had a flash of inspiration – Rio’s Kentish Town! The place of legend and subject of many hushed conversations in my local leisure centre steam room. I had never quite made my way around to going, but today would be that day it was decided. I range them to check they were open and to confirm the price. Good God the bird sounded rough “yer rios. yer wer open til midnight, yeerrr its £32 quid entry”. No pleasantries no bullshit. I gingerly packed my bag – they supply towels (generously – they change them whenever you want with no questions, which is nice) and give out free water. All you need is shower gel and sliders. I was good to go.

I came out of Kentish Town tube and immediately felt ill at ease. Arsenal is a fucking religion in this part of town, its gooner country. I was deep behind enemy lines. I stopped and tightened my belt an extra notch otherwise these bastards would have had my pants down. Rio’s is a couple of minutes walk from the station and it is NOT discreet – it is brightly coloured, with “Rio’s relaxation spa” in big letters. You can probably see this place from space. Added to this, the door is clear glass, so once you dive inside you have to spend a few minutes fucking around at reception paying etc and everyone can see you standing there. Not that i) I am anyone nor ii) have anything left to loose since I was caught fucking around and then rinsed out with a messy divorce. But still. While Kentish Town is a pretty degenerate place, but the few civilians scuttling past gave the place suitably disdainful looks. An old lady with her shopping trolly even stopped to look the place up and down and tut.

I went inside. The woman on reception was suitably non-plussed I couldn’t have given a fuck if I was dead or alive. Relieved me of fore-mentioned 32 quid and buzzed me in, barely a word spoken. Found a locker, derobed, glad I bought sliders. Two very decent couples in the locker room, wow my expectations were already exceeded. However, neither of these couples stayed long nor played nor spoke to anyone.

I walked into the fray and fuck me. Old Motown on the sound system, some junk game show on the TV, the bar women looked and sounded like Soho walk up maids. There were guys with electronic tags on their ankles skulking around – one guy even had TWO tags on! There were limping old blokes with tiny dicks. In the pool with a mug of tea was a 20 stone young bird that looked like Jade Goody, with an Arsenal tattoo (fucking everywhere) who later would be seen at the bar eating two portions of nandoos chicken with a mountain of fries working her way through 2 litres of Diet Coke. A couple of gay blokes gave me the eye. This place was full of degenerates. I felt instantly at home.

I noticed a lot of people had swim wear on which shocked me given its naturist credentials. Luckily I had bought some shorts, so I scurried back to the changing room to put mine on so not to intimidate the other punters with my 3 inches of love muscle.

There are some “rooms” at the back for “play” which I regularly went for a doss at, but the area was freezing cold and dead. I saw one older Latin American woman have some action with a young guy, and a gay guy going in with lube and condoms but that’s it.

Back in the steam/sauna and these were decent, with a cold pool to plunge in between cycles. This is where things felt a little strange. There is genuinely a community here of mainly working class Londoners of all racial backgrounds who, after some wild nights in the 1990s (which they freely told me about), come for steam, to massage each other and scrub their feet. They were catching up on who had passed away, who had ended up in a care home, who had moved on or had simply gone AWOL. This was really not sexy but was nice, welcoming and they were very sweet, even if they are probably Arsenal fans.

Generally, it felt safe, with one notable exception. A guy was in attendance who you could tell was aggressive as he aggressively interrogated a girl in the sauna, telling her he was “real” etc. she gave as good as she got, but still. Later in one of the steam rooms he was parroting anti-Semitic conspiracies, shadow boxing and stopping people entering the steam room to “keep the heat in” screaming at the guys trying to come in “theres no gyal in here” or “its full” which it wasn’t. He told a guy he was “buzzing on white rum” and that “real N-words do real N-word shit” and that “when you don’t chase bitches they come to you”. I detest Greta Thurnburg, but this really was “small dick energy” from a quite well hung guy. Even when security opened the steam room door to do a routine check he was aggressive and they said nothing. Something should have been done here without a doubt as this guy was on one and visibly made the customers uncomfortable.

Now to the part you have all been waiting for – an assessment of the talent and the action. There seem to be some rules in place to getting some action. You have to be in decent shape. Not shredded, but just in decent shape. Also, you have to have an above average phallus and be willing and able for it to be and stay erect and to show it off. And finally, most annoyingly, you have to be willing to fucking GRAFT. Fuck me the work I saw guys putting in for a speculative beat was shocking. Rendering this even more grim was the level of talent. 90% of the women had the erotic allure of a 1980s school dinner lady. 40/50s, paunchy, red faced with tits down to their knees. Some Polish, some English, some South American milfs, but all of the same level of munterdom. I saw one of the electronic tagged guys, in his early 20s with a massive cock being led astray by a 60 year old chubby English GILF and it felt a bit wrong. He was being led away to copulate with a woman old enough to be his granny on a cold, grubby plastic mattress. This summed up the vibe and it was strange.

So let me get this straight. I am supposed to stay in shape, be hung like Red Rum and graft my nuts off to possibly get some action with an aging munter?! It could be that being able to bang a stunner off adultwork for £80-£100 in London has ruined me, but why would you waste £32 to have to grind for possibly nothing, or possibly a munter? I am the wrong side of middle age, not in great shape nor crowded in my crotch area so in Rio’s if I am lucky I could be a cucold or gay. Another aspect is that there is a fair amount of bi- gay activity, including a guy wanking at me in one of the steam rooms. No problem for me but worth noting all the same.

I arrived at 4pm and was out back out into the Socialist Republic of Gooner by 8:30-9 in time for a quick kebab. One redeeming feature of Norf is the Turkish food. A good amount of street prostitutes about surprisingly including a very attractive black girl that gave me the come on.

Would I go back? All said and done, yes I would. But not with any sexual activity in mind because its just too much hassle for women that do not excite me in the slightest. However, the facilities are generally good, the customers are generally friendly and it’s a decent place to kill a few hours in a sleazy atmosphere.


Offline flouch

Very much enjoyed reading that! Good work!

Offline JackSaint

Brilliant writing, I can smell and taste the sleaze, bravo.

Offline hendrix

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,669
  • Likes: 580
  •  
  • Reviews: 63
Excellent writing! And very much in line with my own experiences at Rio's, some amazing times and some very, very.. Not :D

Offline Silencio

A good amount of street prostitutes about surprisingly including a very attractive black girl that gave me the come on

Where?!

Offline Cullen

I've had a pretty vanilla sex life until relatively recently, but I'm still surprised that, as a Londoner, I've never heard of this place! Sounds like somewhere I might check out next year.

Anyone know of any other 'spas' that offer a similar experience in London? Or does a thread already exist for these dens of iniquity?


Offline markmamailrk20

I've had a pretty vanilla sex life until relatively recently, but I'm still surprised that, as a Londoner, I've never heard of this place! Sounds like somewhere I might check out next year.

Anyone know of any other 'spas' that offer a similar experience in London? Or does a thread already exist for these dens of iniquity?

Likewise until about 6 years ago when I got fucked off by the ex-misses and since then I have gone hell for leather.

Welcome to the dark side mate!

There some other place I will try and find the deets for you

Offline markmamailrk20

Brilliant writing, I can smell and taste the sleaze, bravo.

Thank you sir

Offline Bigjimmyjones

Thank you sir

Can always talk to the Samritans if things get really bad mate. Some of your sentences seemed a bit dark!

Offline akauya

I've been to Rio's several times. Pretty much like the OP's experience if you go alone during the week.

I prefer to go on Saturday nights (couples only) with my lover. We usually make use of the private rooms after a good soak in the jacuzzis or a sweat in the sauna. If you're lucky you will find a willing couple to join you in the private rooms. The private rooms need upgrading though, those mats have seen better days.

Afterwards, if you're into Japanese food, I recommend the Tonkotsu Ramen Bar near Kentish Town Tube station.

Offline markmamailrk20

Can always talk to the Samritans if things get really bad mate. Some of your sentences seemed a bit dark!

Thanks mate appriciate your kindness

Offline markmamailrk20

I've been to Rio's several times. Pretty much like the OP's experience if you go alone during the week.

I prefer to go on Saturday nights (couples only) with my lover. We usually make use of the private rooms after a good soak in the jacuzzis or a sweat in the sauna. If you're lucky you will find a willing couple to join you in the private rooms. The private rooms need upgrading though, those mats have seen better days.

Afterwards, if you're into Japanese food, I recommend the Tonkotsu Ramen Bar near Kentish Town Tube station.

Yes that sounds like the way forward I did think taking an escort would be a good, if expensive, option.

Offline akauya

Yes that sounds like the way forward I did think taking an escort would be a good, if expensive, option.

Yes, it's definitely a better experience with a partner. You can always join swinging sites and invite a friend along - however that's not guaranteed to work. Also for swingers you need to spend a long long time cultivating friendships (both online and IRL) attend munches, events, before you even consider asking one out etc.

Ultimately, timewise, it  maybe cheaper to take an escort, if only to tick that experience off the bucket list.

Lastly having a lover is not cheap either, you tend to pay for everything (I'm always calculating how much would this would have cost me if I had booked an escort instead  :D)

Offline markmamailrk20

Yes, it's definitely a better experience with a partner. You can always join swinging sites and invite a friend along - however that's not guaranteed to work. Also for swingers you need to spend a long long time cultivating friendships (both online and IRL) attend munches, events, before you even consider asking one out etc.

Ultimately, timewise, it  maybe cheaper to take an escort, if only to tick that experience off the bucket list.

Lastly having a lover is not cheap either, you tend to pay for everything (I'm always calculating how much would this would have cost me if I had booked an escort instead  :D)

hahahaha that sounds logical - an expensive but enviable position ;-)

Offline markmamailrk20

After the recommendation of a the guy furiously scrubbing his feet in the steam room I decided to give Sunday (New Years Day) a go in Rio's. He assured me that on Sunday it was "full of birds at the back there (in the play rooms) and they are well up for it". Added to that it was another dank day and the thought of a warm sauna was too much to resist, even if it was in Goonerville.

It is important to note that again New Year's day might not be a typical day - there were clearly lots of people there hanging and full of regret from the night before, trying to "sweat out" or "detox" before going back to jobs that obviously drug test in a couple of days. Ouch.

This time was slightly different, but with some similarities to last time:

Similar to last time: 1) the facilitates were good 2) lots of older, friendly, regulars - one discussing various deaths and cancer diagnosis in family and friends. Again, not the most sexy. 3) a selection of miserable munters enjoying making fit young men graft for nothing - one in the sauna - who had spent the rest of the afternoon with a paper face mask on drinking tea at the bar - was being massaged by a young man while telling him she was the most boring person in the place and does not play. She mugged him off after a bit, insulting him under her breath as he left. Fuck that. 4) Nearly zero action in the play rooms, with a group of guys there waiting to be mobilised for combat, who did not move the entire night. I felt for them, just before closing time I walked past and heard them talking saying "there still time, theres still time". Again just fucked. 5) A good amount of gay/bi- action, including a guy in one of the play rooms bent over wanking himself ready to be penetrated by anyone. This was a shock, given that I had noticed the door ajar and thought I might get to at least watch some action.

Differences:

1) much more chilled and kind vibe. Less jail birds and plastic gangster. Some regulars, who spoke to me out of the blue like old friends, told me Sunday was more welcoming, and Saturdays, which is couples only, was where the action happened, as OP Akauya stated earlier in the thread. This was a nicer vibe. As one regular told me, action on other days is not a given, and if you want it being able to talk to the women sets you apart from the many guys who just stare at them mute. I noticed at least 70% of the guys were like robots, circulating, staring at anything with a gash like they had never seen a nipple before. However, back to my original point, given the general level of the talent, why would you both?

2) There were some decent couples in attendance - who were not part of the community of regular older couples from the 1990s hay day. I will give some details on these as its interesting: couple 1 - heavily tattooed, hanging, friendly, but not there for play. couple 2 - milf and her hubby. She had one of the best bodies I've seen, wanked him off in the pool, but weirdly seemed shy in the saunas and ended with him just railing her senseless in a play room just to the two of them. Enjoyed her moans and gasps, she was horny as fuck. couple 3 - a naughty light skinned black girl, with a non-uk accent with pierced nipples with her BF who seemed quite bi. He was shy, she was fucking naughty, very horny and they seemed to play with a guy in the pool. The same guy who had been frankly degraded by the munter in the sauna. Good on him, the graft paid off it seems.

At this point, circa 20:45, I fucked off and so I didnt see how this ended. They close on Sundays at 22:00, and start "encouraging" people to go at 21:00 and I wanted to miss the rush.

A few of the regulars, some of whom have moved onto other saunas because of the decline at Rio's, and were back because most were closed around London because of the holidays, told me that in the 1990s/2000s it was open 24 hours, or until 5am, and plenty of girls were in attendance, according to one "plenty of Polish and Bulgarian girls at the bar, you could flirt, and they were up for it".

Whats happened? Dating apps? A generation of girls who grew up under communism and came to London to experiment and live a wild life? The indoor smoking ban? Is it the creeping social changes that have made sex "dirty" again? As a society this seems to be the way its going with the constant clamp downs on heterosexual sleaze and sex venues.

In any rate, for £32 its not cheap for a sauna, but its a decent sauna, some funny characters and has a vintage sleazy vibe. Listening to the old Motown echo around the place combined the rumble of the jacuzzis I could imagine that, in the hayday, if there indeed was one and it is just the ramblings of nostalgic middle aged men, Rio's would have been fucking hopping. Had I found this place, and indeed my sleazy side in my early 20s, I probably would have done nothing more with my life than Rio's sauna and Soho Walk ups ;-)

Offline DoorDash

Good hilarious reviews, thanks.
Nutter.

Quoted like a true Londoner:

Had I found this place, and indeed my sleazy side in my early 20s, I probably would have done nothing more with my life than Rio's sauna and Soho Walk ups ;-)
Banned reason: Moron who doesn't like it here.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline MCullen71

Briliant reviews - very entertaining. 

Offline Bigjimmyjones


A few of the regulars, some of whom have moved onto other saunas because of the decline at Rio's, and were back because most were closed around London because of the holidays


What are these other Saunas around London?

Offline drwho

Thanks for both of the reports Markmamailr
Very entertaining. Haven't been but it confirmed what I suspected, though you added so much more colour.
Kind of shocking seeing the guys in ankle tags.

After all that I would have been seriously interested in taking up the offer from the black women in the street near the station... But who knows what that might have lead to and at what cost.

Fair play for giving it a second go.
I would only consider it as couple with someone off fabswingers.
Easier said than done and even when that's been set up I would still feel it's risky compared to a hotel

Offline char45

I haven't been for years but it was just the same then. Loads of men chasing very few and not very attractive women. The pools were disgusting but you could get a decent massage without extras.

Surprised there were street girls outside Kentish Town not seen thay before although there are some decent places to go for an oitdoor quicky

Offline joshwinkers

A mate of mine told me he went to Rio's yesterday, and said it was a bit of a laugh. He wasn't expecting any action as he'd read about it online, but he said some of the women were pretty hot, and one woman was clearly jerking off her bloke in the jacuzzi. I'm thinking of going now though I gotta say I'm a bit body conscious (ironic really as he's a massive bloke, and I'm about half his size these days) just to see what it's like, but I don't like the idea of being in a jacuzzi and being covered in another bloke's jizz. So what's the score on that side of things, are people allowed to cum wherever they like, or should they keep it in the private rooms?

Offline dross

Fucking love this.  Pretty spot on, have some some dead nights and some very live nights there, especially when it used to open all night or till 6am whatever people would come in after xmas parties and it would go wild! Then other nights it's just the wanking dead lol.  Used to be £21 IIRC, £32 is a bit mental for less hours but fuck, their heating bill must suck so I guess that drives it up.  Shame no nude night anymore either.  Can't wait to read your next visit fella  :cool: :hi:

Offline dross

A mate of mine told me he went to Rio's yesterday, and said it was a bit of a laugh. He wasn't expecting any action as he'd read about it online, but he said some of the women were pretty hot, and one woman was clearly jerking off her bloke in the jacuzzi. I'm thinking of going now though I gotta say I'm a bit body conscious (ironic really as he's a massive bloke, and I'm about half his size these days) just to see what it's like, but I don't like the idea of being in a jacuzzi and being covered in another bloke's jizz. So what's the score on that side of things, are people allowed to cum wherever they like, or should they keep it in the private rooms?

If they see you on the cameras playing anywhere outside the play rooms you'll have a big bald yellow security guy shouting at you within minutes lol, it happens though for sure, it's just whether the guy is a minute man or not  :lol:

Offline joshwinkers

If they see you on the cameras playing anywhere outside the play rooms you'll have a big bald yellow security guy shouting at you within minutes lol, it happens though for sure, it's just whether the guy is a minute man or not  :lol:

Cheers for that, I'm not sure if it's my kind of scene or not but thirty quid isn't a lot so I might give it a go at some point.

Offline v54

Cheers for that, I'm not sure if it's my kind of scene or not but thirty quid isn't a lot so I might give it a go at some point.
Were you talking about cumming wherever you want, or just visiting Rios in general?

Offline Tomcat

I go there at least twice a month just to chill and not go round looking for a free shag, the steam room is the best and yeah it does piss you off when guys keep opening the door to see if any women are in there fucking muppets, you will always get pervs there regardless, few times went there with a female friend of mine steam room became packed within minutes and all you can see are dick heads playing with their knobs get a fucking life guys.

Offline fredhiggins

£32 for the hour of intrigue is good value.

Offline Handel2020

all you can see are dick heads playing with their knobs get a fucking life guys.

This is consistent with reviews I read in the past. In one review a woman who went with her partner described being followed around by a few guys who were playing with themselves. I guess the problem with the place is if any decent women start going there will be reviews to say so and then four times the number of blokes will turn up. It's a shame. I'd like to try the place, but group situations / parties have always been at the edge of my comfort zone and the dick swinging part of it as described in the OPs review doesn't sound like a good idea.

Offline pilsnerdrinker

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 35
  • Likes: 1
  •  
  • Reviews: 1
Been to Rios a few times and it's a nice place to relax. Just sit in Sauna, Steam room or Jacuzzi. More men than women when I've been. The women tended to be with a friend or partner. Don't go expecting action as you'll be disappointed. If you can find a women to go on a Saturday evening (couples night). It's a bit more relaxed then. 
Banned reason: Punts but no reviews in 5 years.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline joshwinkers

Were you talking about cumming wherever you want, or just visiting Rios in general?

Visiting in general.

Offline joshwinkers

Meant to add "I'm not Louis *fucking* CK" to the above comment but my mate came back from the bar so I hit post and closed it down in case he asked what I was doing!

Offline elnukky

Meant to add "I'm not Louis *fucking* CK" to the above comment but my mate came back from the bar so I hit post and closed it down in case he asked what I was doing!

You should have been honest with him. Perhaps he is also a member. It could have deepened your friendship.

Offline jimmypoo

Hadn't been in a few months.

Thought Bank Holiday may be an interesting time to go - it wasn't!

Arrived around 4pm.

Full of Guys and 2 middle aged women.

Both Jacuzzi's and both Saunas were full of Gents.

There was a little space in one of the Steam rooms.

Swimming and plunge pool empty.

Unfortunately the large Jacuzzi and one of the steam rooms were not in use - I really think they should have made this clear before I entered as I probably would've walked as I only like the large Jacuzzi - the smaller ones can get a little too close for comfort.

Within my time there, 2 couples arrived and kept to themselves.

Guys were well behaved, only 2 were constantly doing the rounds but then this could be down to the fact that they all knew that no women were around and couldn't be bothered to go on the hunt. 

Atmosphere very very subdued.

Spent about 2 hours there, managed to use all the facilities - not worth £32.

As someone mentioned - at it's current price, it's only really worth going if you have a lady friend to accompany you.

Offline joshwinkers

I went yesterday, got there about half six and stayed for three hours. The first two hours were fairly grim, there was a cute enough ginger BBW with her boyfriend, and a couple of other couples including one guy in his fifties (and maybe sixties?) with a hot 30 something brunette, but the couples were not interested in chatting to anyone else, and otherwise it was a pretty major sausage fest.

Did discover that I don't mind wandering a place like this naked (unlike a fair amount of the men who were wearing shorts), my body's not in great shape but I was far from the only one on that front. I enjoyed the sauna and Jacuzzis a lot as well, but while I wasn't expecting any action I was hoping to see at least a few attractive women strolling around nude, and there were only about four in those first two hours. It did pick up a bit at around half eight, I'd thought about leaving at that point but a few cute black women in their late twenties (at a guess) arrived, and only one seemed to have a boyfriend, though all were wearing swimwear. A couple of other couples arrived later on as well, but there was no action taking place, and they seemed to be here just for the facilities.

There were about (roughly) five to six blokes at any one time on the hunt for female flesh and I have to admit finding their constant walking around, opening steam room doors and then walking away disappointed, pretty funny. Fair enough that they're so optimistic, but constantly wandering around and looking abjectly miserable became increasingly amusing in a strange way.

I'm quite shy and didn't really chat to anyone, and given that there are a lot of blokes who were gym fit and about twenty years younger than me I know I'm never going to score in there, and sadly I don't know any women who would be up for joining me on a Saturday night. Still, I don't regret going, I really did enjoy the facilities in there, and I'll probably go back every couple of months, though next time I'll probably turn up around 8pm when it's a bit busier and there are at least some good looking women to discreetly perv over!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 08:39:20 am by joshwinkers »

Offline Jonestown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,830
  • Likes: 144
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Anyone sampled the Sunday mixed sessions at The Porchester Spa at the bottom of Queensway ?

Although I do believe blokes have to be accompanied by a female to get in.

External Link/Members Only

Offline joshwinkers

Has anyone been to External Link/Members Only ? My mate that I mentioned above is planning to go, and even suggested I could go with him as he's heard it's a bit nicer than Rios, and there's a higher chance of getting some action if you go on a Friday night.

Offline dross

Anyone sampled the Sunday mixed sessions at The Porchester Spa at the bottom of Queensway ?

Although I do believe blokes have to be accompanied by a female to get in.

External Link/Members Only

I've been to men only sessions here, nice place to chill nude, beautiful building though needs some TLC here and there.  Not been on mixed day (swimsuit required sadly) but thought it was just open to everyone, doubt you have to be a couple to go... they'll throw you out for having the slightest boner so I doubt they restrict guys to only coming in with women.

Offline Captain Voss

This is not really a review but an update and my opinion on Rios where I went for the first time during the middle of last week.
I was taken by a friend who is keen on saunas/steam baths and wanted someone to accompany her. I was a bit reluctant having never been to such a place before and from reading some of the many reviews about the place.
I was pleasantly surprised. The place was a lot less sleazy than I had anticipated. For starters the place was clean and looked relatively recently decorated. Everything seemed to be working bar the smallest jacuzzi which was out of action. The staff were helpful and friendly and were regularly checking things were ok, customers were not getting too out of hand (!) and clearing away used towels, cups etc. Drinks and replacement towels are all free.
The ladies behind the bar were all ‘of a certain age’ and all dressed albeit in ‘beachy type’ costumes – thankfully no breasts on display here.
As for the customers they were a mixed bunch. Certainly some sad single men who mostly just hung out and watched the females and a few old pervy types but with the exception of one who wanted to give my girlfriend a massage (and probably more) we weren’t bothered. In fact most of the customers were very friendly and happy to chat. There was no pressure to be naked – a couple of the women had boobs on show but only one went naked in the jacuzzi and she had a towel wrapped around her at all other times so little to get excited about.
As it was mid week the place but not crowded with probably 20-25 people at any one time. All the girls there seemed to have a partner with them. I guess it could be a different mix/more crowded at the weekends.
There are no massages available these days and I didn’t see anyone use the private rooms. There was a bit of friendly banter when we were in one of the saunas but no noticeable action. At one point my friend and I got a bit frisky in the jacuzzi which must have been noticeable to the other occupants but they didn’t turn a hair nor did any staff walking past.
We were there for pretty much the entire evening. It’s a good place to chill out if you like that sort of thing but unless it is a lot different on other days there’s no point is expecting any action and I certainly wouldn’t go alone.
So although I said this wasn’t a review I would give it a ‘positive’ and we will almost certainly return.

Offline joshwinkers

I've been about 5 or 6 times since my last post, I like it there but I don't go in the hope of getting a free shag, and just enjoy the jacuzzis, saunas and swimming pool. Most of the time I've been there it's been a lot of men and four or five couples, and maybe a few single women on their own, but they've made it clear they're not looking for company.

The only downside is that some of the behaviour of the men has crossed the line from creepy to criminal, one time I was in the jacuzzi where a young (and really hot) couple were clearly in to each other and not speaking to anyone else, when suddenly she screamed, stood up and rushed out of the jacuzzi, and soon after security came rushing round trying to find the bloke who had been opposite her and who had thought it acceptable to put his toe in her cunt. On another visit some guy was talking to a woman and weirdly bit her ear, and that led to security once again being involved, and it's all a bit horrible.

Otherwise I only have good things to say about the place, the staff really are friendly and the facilities are great, it's just a shame that there's a small element of men who really have no idea how to behave at such a place.

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,783
  • Likes: 548
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
with Kentish Town station closed for the next six months or so, what's the nearest tube or rail station?
Kentish Town West on the North London line?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 12:15:04 pm by scutty brown »

Offline joshwinkers

with Kentish Town station closed for the next six months or so, what's the nearest tube or rail station?
Kentish Town West on the North London line?

I think so, though normally I just get off the northern line at Camden and catch either the 88, 134 or 214 bus, and that's out of laziness really as I don't think it'd take more than 10 - 15 minutes on foot.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 01:22:47 pm by joshwinkers »

Offline misterg

I think to my regret I have wasted about 25 years of trips to London in this cess pit. 
A few things have changed both since lockdown and more recently
Over lockdown they remodelled the front half of the place - from the entrance to the bar area meaning that they've stopped access to downstairs where the massages used to take place. 
The grumpy old hag who was systematically vile to everyone wasn't rehired after lockdown (hurrah) and whereas the staff used to be topless, they are now wearing swimwear or bras on top.  They've also generally got older.  There is now a much more visible presence of male members of staff with security inside and out during some evenings.
The naked evening has now gone
They've extended opening hours and now on a Friday and Saturday they are open overnight until 7am.  They used to have these hours but they stopped them as people were using the place as a doss house. At a tenth of the price of a hotel who can blame them.  Shit shower and shave at 6am and out with a jaunty step to work
The price, when I first went was £8, it's now £32

The absolute state of the customers remains at best a mixed and exotically eccentric mix.  Until the day I die, etched on my brain will be the image of a charming 70 something lady lathering her topless body with marmalade (yes, I said that) in the sauna, caked it dry then washing it off in the shower, clogging it up.  Bless her she said it made her skin look youthful and to her credit she didn't look a day older than the 70 something she was.

The crowd is eclectic, diverse, multi cultural, generally over 40.  It's 80% blokes, 15% couples and 5% single women who are usually regulars, huge, old and will sometimes play with guys they know.

Although I've been going forever, I'm an occasional visitor so certainly not recognised as a regular and those who are regulars can be quite a clique.

If you are going looking for sex, then sir, I wish you luck and if you'd like to give me your bets for the horses, then I am all ears. If you are a chap after a wank or BJ from another chap, you should do OK and the steam rooms can be quite shameless.  The saunas less so.

People ask, when is a good time to go, and to be honest it can be crazy busy one Monday night and nothing the next and this is applicable at all times and days.  It's just totally hit and miss.  Now Saturday night is no longer couples there are still a far higher proportion of couples than other times, but if they are playing they will tend to play with other couples.  Also with it being an all nighter, the frantic rush to get laid at 10pm before they hurl you out at midnight means things are more drawn out and relaxed.

It remains a good sauna, the place is mostly clean, though recently I've thought they could do more to keep the place tidy, but for people watching it's the best £32 you can spend anywhere on the planet.

Offline joshwinkers

Ha, I think we met last night as I was told the marmalade story in one of the steam rooms. Otherwise I'd agree with everything you say there, I had an alright time and I chatted to a few women (including a really hot dominatrix, though she left fairly early on) but the couples largely kept to themselves, and I didn't see anything in any of the other areas. Like you say it's an interesting place and I enjoyed the facilities, but I wouldn't recommend anyone go hoping to fuck someone, you might get lucky (and I did see a super fit young guy heading off with an elderly lady in to one of the playrooms who then went their separate ways afterwards) but it seems rare.

Offline misterg


Offline joshwinkers

Likewise! I felt last night was the friendliest it's been since I've started going, though that may be because I felt more confident starting conversations. Can't say I've the urge to rush back, but will probably visit every 4 - 6 weeks or so just for the jacuzzi and steam rooms.

Offline TallAndFriendly

I've been a few times and most of the above sums it up quite well, but never say never - things DO occasionally get interesting.
I once wandered round the private area on a Saturday afternoon, and one of the doors was slightly ajar. A very gorgeous European woman in her late 20s was giving a guy a very decent blowjob and I asked if they'd mind me watching, which they didn't. She let me feel her breasts as she was doing so, and the guy asked me to fondle his balls as she sucked. They weren't into anything more but didn't mind me playing with myself while getting a lovely close-up of her lovely mouth working away until he came.

On another occasion a quite fit middle-aged Irish lady started sucking various guys off in one of the saunas, then invited three of us to join her in a private room for a very memorable gang-bang and sucking session. She swallowed every last drop of mine.

This was two separate visits in the last year, out of maybe a total of 8 or 9 visits in all over that time.

So def best to go without expectations, other than a bit of bi fiddling normally available in a sauna if that's your thing, but just now and then, it comes up trumps.

Offline joshwinkers

This might be a bit unfair as it was a Saturday afternoon, but I went yesterday and it was really, really quiet. Spotted four women in the three hours I spent there, but only one seemed to be looking for male company, and I only saw her chatting with guys her age. Which is more than fair enough, but what disappointed me about the whole affair was how dull it was, I've been going about once every two months or so but since the smoking ban it seems to be getting quieter and quieter, and even in the saunas and steam rooms people were silent and looking miserable. I'm sure it perks up in the evening, but I'm surprised they can pay the bills at this point, and I wonder how much longer it might last for.

Offline Jordanstar7520

This might be a bit unfair as it was a Saturday afternoon, but I went yesterday and it was really, really quiet. Spotted four women in the three hours I spent there, but only one seemed to be looking for male company, and I only saw her chatting with guys her age. Which is more than fair enough, but what disappointed me about the whole affair was how dull it was, I've been going about once every two months or so but since the smoking ban it seems to be getting quieter and quieter, and even in the saunas and steam rooms people were silent and looking miserable. I'm sure it perks up in the evening, but I'm surprised they can pay the bills at this point, and I wonder how much longer it might last for.

So there’s no chance of any action?

Offline joshwinkers

Not on this particular day. Probably a higher chance if you go late, but judging what I've read on here you need to be either super confident, lucky or very good looking to have any real chance.