Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Late night evening prostitute  (Read 939 times)

Offline Marmalade

For a period in my younger days I used to drink in a bar called the Hailes Hotel. I think there was a hotel attached, but it wasn’t a very posh bar, quite the opposite, but the staff were friendly, the beer was cheap, and you could have a good evening if you didn’t start a fight. There was a discreet, reasonably attractive young lady there most evenings by the name of Carol.

I was listening to this beautiful song by Tom Waites and tried to imagine if every bar had a young lady like Carol. She didn’t bother anyone. But she was available, if you were sober, polite, able to do the short walk to her apartment and pay her five pounds. Looking back, it all seems rather civilised by the standards of the day.

Well I got here at eight and I'll be here till two
I'll try my best to entertain you and
Please don't mind me if I get a bit crude
I'm your late night evening prostitute
So drink your martinis and stare at the moon
Don't mind me I'll continue to croon
Don't mind me if I get a bit loon

And dance, have a good time
I'll continue to shine
Yes Dance, have a good time
Don't mind me if I slip upon a rhyme

Well I got here at eight and I'll be here till two
I'll try my best to entertain you and
Please don't mind me if I get a bit crude

External Link/Members Only

There are certainly enough women in the profession. How many bars do you know where you could find such a ‘companion’ for the evening? I doubt if there’s that many but there must be a few. Properly conducted it would be quite a civilised answer to the problem of a young man going home with his balls full.

As far as I know the place was demolished to build a shopping centre, and Carol retired.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

In my student days whilst in Leeds - there used to be a reasonably attractive middle aged woman in the Hyde Park Pub most nights. Didn't give off druggie or psycho vibes and was there most weeknights when Champions League was on etc. Spoke to her several times nothing out of the ordinary just pleasentries.

After 2 or 3 years - a new bartender told us she was a working girl and would sort out any young horny students for £40 I think it was can't remember. This was verified by some other staff we'd known longer but they were happy to keep it quiet and it was just a known thing.

I remember being amused at the time and it had never crossed my mind she could be a WG (pre Punting). Wonder if it's worth the trip back to Leeds now but she'd be at least 60 now... lol

There must be boozers up and down the country that had or still has someone like this.  Guess with pub's shutting, more people drinking at home and COVID it will be much less of a thing now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:54:16 pm by The0neAnd0nly »

Offline lillythesavage

In my student days whilst in Leeds - there used to be a reasonably attractive middle aged woman in the Hyde Park Pub most nights. Didn't give off druggie or psycho vibes and was there most weeknights when Champions League was on etc. Spoke to her several times nothing out of the ordinary just pleasentries.

After 2 or 3 years - a new bartender told us she was a working girl and would sort out any young horny students for £40 I think it was can't remember. This was verified by some other staff we'd known longer but they were happy to keep it quiet and it was just a known thing.

I remember being amused at the time and it had never crossed my mind she could be a WG (pre Punting). Wonder if it's worth the trip back to Leeds now but she'd be at least 60 now... lol

There must be boozers up and down the country that had or still has someone like this.  Guess with pub's shutting, more people drinking at home and COVID it will be much less of a thing now.

There was a very different acceptance of woman earning a few quid on the bash back in the day, either on the street, in pubs or turning tricks at home. Everyone knew but it was no big deal as long as everyone behaved.
Most of North London was an RLD, From Paddington/Bayswater to Tottenham/Hackney.

Online Squire Haggard

I was listening to this beautiful song by Tom Waites and tried to imagine if every bar had a young lady like Carol. She didn’t bother anyone. But she was available, if you were sober, polite, able to do the short walk to her apartment and pay her five pounds. Looking back, it all seems rather civilised by the standards of the day.

£5 was pretty cheap. My first punts in 1980 were £10, when I was emitting greenhouse gases driving up Douglas St, turn right at Blythswood Square, right again down Blythswood St then down as far as Cadogan Street, and then repeat the same route, until you saw one you fancied. Maybe a song could be written about that.  :rolleyes:

External Link/Members Only

Online Thephoenix

The Strip in Kings Cross in Sydney in the 60s was full of topless bars, strip clubs, brothels and plenty of WGs and WBs not only hanging around in bars but even in the shadows of shop doorways.
A stroll along after dark and whispers from shop doorways of "Are you looking for business?' and it wasn't too difficult to spot the hookers and transexuals touting for business in the many bars.
A little further along the ladies would beckon from the verandas of the Victorian terraces.
And these were all mainly good looking women, lured to The Cross initially when The Yanks came to the area regularly for R&R during the Vietnam war.

A bit further along was the infamous Les Girls drag queens. Possibly one of the first of its kind.
In fact the area had a very high percentage of gays and transexuals which was very much at odds with the wider Australian society's views on gender and sexualities

One of my most memorable nights was a tour of the strip clubs with two much older ex servicemen followed by a pub crawl with an ex RAAF rear gunner and a RN 2 badge killick stoker who set a challenge of sampling over proof rum at every bar we passed.  :wacko:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:49:14 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline Bonker

A night out with a rear gunner and a stoker.
Blimey! No wonder you need a walking stick.

Online Thephoenix

A night out with a rear gunner and a stoker.
Blimey! No wonder you need a walking stick.
:lol:

Ah!....the good ol' daze!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 05:33:12 am by Thephoenix »

Offline DastardlyDick

Used to be common practice in Russian Hotel bars after the USSR had gone tits up - the girls used to pay management off to keep other girls out of "their" area.