Oh dear. Kemi has now further blotted her copybook. The main headline on the front page of today’s Times is, “Badenoch to pledge bonfire of green laws”.
I can’t go along with a rabidly “anti-environmental” agenda. In addition, bonfires release CO₂ into the atmosphere, contributing to climate change.
This follows Kemi’s shameful determination to keep the triple lock. So I’m afraid that it’s “two strikes and she’s out” – I’ve kicked Kemi out of the list of party leaders who may get my vote in the next election.
Kemi goes from bad to worse:
External Link/Members OnlyThis Iron Dome concept is pie in the sky. It’ll never happen.
Quite apart from anything else, the cost would be closer to £100 million than £10 million, according to a retired general (or similar) who was interviewed on last night’s
Newsnight.
I thought Kemi was going to be a new kind of “realistic” politician?
Oh well. Back to Count Binface. Except even he’s letting us down, by not standing in the Holborn & St Pancras by-election. Which, incidentally, Labour is going to win comfortably.
Perhaps the Polanski bubble has burst, just as the Farage balloon is gently deflating? A new Britain-wide YouGov poll published yesterday gives these figures:
Labour 27% (+3)
Reform 22% (-3)
Conservatives 20% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 11% (-1)
Greens 11% (no change)