Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Tube strike FFS  (Read 6529 times)

Offline arrow0404

Very frustrated about this tube strike, where currently time is more precious then money in my punting world. (You can always find money somewhere if  In need of punt )

What a ball ache getting time off work.
Then telling  the OH your going into the office, only for them to pull a tube strike!

Can’t drive as to a punt as ‘supposed to be working’

Sometimes this punting game can be hard work !

Anybody else going to be affected by it?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 07:25:59 pm by arrow0404 »

Offline MLawro93

You can still use a bus or an uber if you still want to go ahead with the punt.  :)

Offline The_Don

Very frustrated about this tube strike, where currently time is more precious then money in my punting world. (You can always find money somewhere if  In need of punt )

What a ball ache getting time off work.
Then telling  the OH your going into the office, only for them to pull a tube strike!

Can’t drive as to a punt as ‘supposed to be working’

Sometimes this punting game can be hard work !

Anybody else going to be affected by it?

Frustration, over money vs time lost, also gets me :angry: 

I drive to most of my punts, but some times have to use public transport due to the London CC (£15) and parking charges (£xx). As its some times cheaper and just as fast via a bus and tube. Than driving, parking and paying, depending on the time of day and location. 

Tube strikes can cause problems, the over ground and buses are still running. These will be more rammed and may take longer for point A to B, journey.

A car is the best option for most of, my transport needs currently. As a motorist it can be costly to drive, but can also save time.

As for using public transport most of my daily/weekly travel, could be 2+ hours longer, for some journeys (car vs public transport).

Offline lillythesavage

Is it over the night tube again?

It worked fine when those that wanted to work nights, worked nights, but the twats in suits decided to break the Status quo and make everyone work some nights.  :angry:

Just said on news it is possible there will be no service at all  :hi:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:43:04 pm by lillythesavage »

Offline sparkus

Work have said they'll understand if we're late as the buses will be full, though I can walk to work in about an hour.  Might get up late and see what 'route' I can take in.

Offline lillythesavage

Work have said they'll understand if we're late as the buses will be full, though I can walk to work in about an hour.  Might get up late and see what 'route' I can take in.

I was told it will be pissing down in the morning  :D

Offline Plan R

Bollox, was hoping to punt a fave of mine on Wed in Ealing
bloody roads will be choca all day so I'll prob best wait a few more days  :angry:

Offline kaj314

bloody roads will be choca all day so I'll prob best wait a few more days  :angry:

wednesday should be fine, its only tuesday and thursday which has service suspended.

Offline StingRay

wednesday should be fine, its only tuesday and thursday which has service suspended.

TFL is advising not to travel too early on Wednesday (or Friday) as the service may still be a bit f*cked.  :hi:

Online Fuzzyduck

I had to bail on a punt this week too. For the more determined punter some of the normally booked out SPs may have some short notice availability, though that's assuming they can get to their place of work.

Offline Surrey1974

Is the full and part suspensions on each line today be exactly the same for Thursday? I had a look on TFL website but does not indicate unless anyone else knows.  I want to punt along the Central Line in Central/West London.

Offline lillythesavage

Is the full and part suspensions on each line today be exactly the same for Thursday? I had a look on TFL website but does not indicate unless anyone else knows.  I want to punt along the Central Line in Central/West London.

The roads have been chaos, the strike is the same Thursday as it is today, any skeleton service will only be known on the day, they will not know themselves until they see who turns up where.  :hi:

Offline lillythesavage

The council my friend works for had a strike meeting today over pay. Greedy fuckers only work half the hours they are paid for.  :dash:

Offline SamOmar

I don't understand your problem OP? Is your office within walking distance so you don't normally drive there? Or surely if your taking the car to the office you can drive to your punt? Or as others have said why not get an uber if you are not living ridiculously far from your punting location?
Banned reason: Undesirable, convicted sex trafficker / pimp
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lillythesavage

I don't understand your problem OP? Is your office within walking distance so you don't normally drive there? Or surely if your taking the car to the office you can drive to your punt? Or as others have said why not get an uber if you are not living ridiculously far from your punting location?

Mate, driving anywhere is a waste of time, fuel and energy, so many tried today, with all the side roads off limits, if they are not closed they have started turning them pedestrian only or permit holders between 8-9.30 am and 2.30-4 pm.

You just queue on main roads.

Offline sparkus

I was told it will be pissing down in the morning  :D

Perhaps I got wet indoors :cool:

Offline lillythesavage

Perhaps I got wet indoors :cool:

i do hope so, it was mayhem on the streets :hi:

Offline davidgood

I was well pissed off when I heard about the strike at the end of last week as it was going to muck up my plans to attend a party in SW London I had been looking forward to as there was to be some new girls playing.

After a bit of thought I worked out an alternative route which used main line trains rather than the Tube so got there and had a very enjoyable time.

Regards,

davidgood

Offline RobinBrod

I had a meet arranged last week on Monday and of course, Storm Eunice cancelled all the trains, even though the storm had finished 48 hours earlier! Cancelled the meet or rather postponed it until this Tuesday. What do I discover, but the tube is on strike - bloody drivers wanting more money!! Don't worry, I'll get a taxi. Arrive at Paddington and the queue for taxis is over 300 yeards long! Actually it moved quite fast, great camaraderie in the queue, and I shared a cab, me to South Ken, and the other 3 to Victoria. Arrived only 30 minutes late - pissing rain!!! 2 1/2 hours later I left to get back to Paddington and the Uber worked, but I missed my first train! The meet between taxi rides was worth all of the disytractions.

Offline Markus

Without getting in to politics the Mayor really needs to do something about the way TfL if funded.  I imagine all those gold plated pensions are putting them deeper in debt with no money to invest in services.  It took me double the time to get back from my destination today.  Absolute waste of time and money. 

Another £200 million bailout been provided and he will be around the table cap in and when the current money runs out in 3 months. 

Offline arrow0404

I normally WFH, ( I have the option to work from the office also).
Arranged to myself I would have a punt before the strike was announced, so told my OH I would be going in on the tube. (Like always)

The strike has meant I can’t really travel on public transport and where I don’t drive to work I can’t take the car as the OH would question this.

Had to cancel my day off work also.

Offline Youngmale1967

London Underground on strike due to job cuts on station & the real threat to pensions.
Final report of pension review due end of the month but a pre-report late last year shows worrying signals.
As to pay it’s on final 4 year deal based on RPI +0.2% so the drivers & station staff be get close to around 8%.

As for strikes don’t hold much running today odd train here & there (central west of white city & district Wimbledon to High Street & West Ham to Upminster)

Tomorrow morning will also be cr@p service as night staff will still be out, so until the early turn arrives (no trains) it be around midday before service will get back to some kind of normality

Offline lillythesavage

Without getting in to politics the Mayor really needs to do something about the way TfL if funded.  I imagine all those gold plated pensions are putting them deeper in debt with no money to invest in services.  It took me double the time to get back from my destination today.  Absolute waste of time and money. 

Another £200 million bailout been provided and he will be around the table cap in and when the current money runs out in 3 months.

Funding has nothing to do with travel times, other than the money spent trying to force people off the road with pricing, reducing the available road space and closing many roads to through traffic, all on the back of green lobby and failing on pollution levels and reducing traffic outside of the central zone, that was a pandemic fluke though, with less people working in town requiring less deliveries.

Now he is blaming the rail companies for not running a full timetable for London being deserted, he has not got a clue. Those that want or need to get in are doing so.

On a positive point, it is very pleasant spending some time in town at the moment, no choking traffic, no crowded pavements, bars, cafes, shops and restaurants are doing a trade but rarely any waiting for a table or finding a seat in a pub, and the streets are much cleaner than I have seen them for years.

Maybe not today though  :D

Offline lillythesavage

London Underground on strike due to job cuts on station & the real threat to pensions.
Final report of pension review due end of the month but a pre-report late last year shows worrying signals.
As to pay it’s on final 4 year deal based on RPI +0.2% so the drivers & station staff be get close to around 8%.

As for strikes don’t hold much running today odd train here & there (central west of white city & district Wimbledon to High Street & West Ham to Upminster)

Tomorrow morning will also be cr@p service as night staff will still be out, so until the early turn arrives (no trains) it be around midday before service will get back to some kind of normality

They are restricted on a skeleton service to points where they can turn trains around and switch lines, running the full length with a few trains would give no service at all, hence the short runs between turn around points.

Offline sparkus

Nothing is very satisfactory about the current way London works (or doesn't work).  The Met, for one, needed chopping in half to put street policing under the Mayor alone and the national/CT side under the Home Office.  Neither will happen though.

Offline lillythesavage

Nothing is very satisfactory about the current way London works (or doesn't work).  The Met, for one, needed chopping in half to put street policing under the Mayor alone and the national/CT side under the Home Office.  Neither will happen though.

You have great faith in a numpty Mayor, he has not got a clue, staff are robbing TFL blind and he is in ignorant bliss, or is he?

Offline MLawro93

You have great faith in a numpty Mayor, he has not got a clue, staff are robbing TFL blind and he is in ignorant bliss, or is he?

He can't do anything though, blame it on the numpty who changed the TFL funding model before he jumped ship

Offline lillythesavage

He can't do anything though, blame it on the numpty who changed the TFL funding model before he jumped ship

Do you really think Labour would not have done the same?

Leave it there, straying into politics  :D

Offline MLawro93

Do you really think Labour would not have done the same?

Leave it there, straying into politics  :D

You can't possibly know that, so its a moot point. But definitely, consign politics to the bin on here.  :D

Offline lillythesavage

You can't possibly know that, so its a moot point. But definitely, consign politics to the bin on here.  :D

I could tell you the reasons he is a dumbass, but I cannot post the info just yet and this is not the place for it, believe me, he has no clue of the fraud going on at TFL, either that or he does and is in on it  :lol:

Offline Markus

Apparently for every £1 a worker puts in to the pension plan, the TfL puts in £6.  Now that is what you call a gold plated pension.

I should chuck my job in and work for the TfL.   Today the TfL said that driverless trains are the biggest priority.  Of course they aren’t,  if they were it would give the union another reason to strike. 

Offline lillythesavage

Apparently for every £1 a worker puts in to the pension plan, the TfL puts in £6.  Now that is what you call a gold plated pension.

I should chuck my job in and work for the TfL.   Today the TfL said that driverless trains are the biggest priority.  Of course they aren’t,  if they were it would give the union another reason to strike.

Every driver less DLR train now has a driver, has done since the start of the pandemic, they might be a priority to the press and public, but the first system with them now has drivers, PR rubbish.

Offline RMwonderer

This is an unconventional method but...depending what area you're in you may be able to take the uber boat. My mate did it from greenwich to westminster. Took him 20 mins but like I mentioned. Unconventional.

Also if you've got thalasaphobia this isn't for you

Offline king tarzan

Good food outlets outside the station 👍👍
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Kevin Boss

Seems like its that great day again  :lol: :lol:

Offline sparkus

I can walk to work but it's not exactly the weather for it.

Offline Bangman

Offline Kevin Boss

I can walk to work but it's not exactly the weather for it.

Gotta use the lizzy line for me. Hour or two ago so much confusion as the trains were skipping all the central stations right to paddington

Offline Mr Sinister

Yeah real annoying, was planning on going into the office today plus had a meeting in the far reaches of NW London which gave me the perfect excuse to have a gander at 1 or 2 wg that have been on my list for time, stuck at home so won't bother now

Online stayer

The Elizabeth line will help some punters because if you can get to a main line station such as Paddington or Liverpool Street there are trains runing to zone 1 stations Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon and Bond Street (due to open later this year). This is in addition to loads of national rail routes, London Overground and DLR.

Offline sparkus

Yeah real annoying, was planning on going into the office today plus had a meeting in the far reaches of NW London which gave me the perfect excuse to have a gander at 1 or 2 wg that have been on my list for time, stuck at home so won't bother now

I walked in but was so pushed for time I didn't get to punt en route like last time.  Plus the centre of town is now heaving with tourists so went home with seriously blue balls at all those shapely midriffs and pert chests on show :dash:

Offline Kevin Boss

Yeh I almost made the mistake at Stratford and took the central trying to get to Leyton. Thankfully because I was early for the punt I took the bus and it saved me watching the train fly past Leyton  :lol: Thank God however for the delayed but now here and clearly useful purple Lizzy Line

Offline petermisc

The Elizabeth line will help some punters because if you can get to a main line station such as Paddington or Liverpool Street there are trains runing to zone 1 stations Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon and Bond Street (due to open later this year). This is in addition to loads of national rail routes, London Overground and DLR.
As noted by KB above, Lizzy Line trains were skipping central stops.  It shares stations with the tube, so if the station closes, it closes to Lizzy Line trains too.

Online LLPunting

I walked in but was so pushed for time I didn't get to punt en route like last time.  Plus the centre of town is now heaving with tourists so went home with seriously blue balls at all those shapely midriffs and pert chests on show :dash:

Should've cycled.  I dropped in on one establishment though sadly the SP I might've stayed for was having a 'mare with her commute across London  :dash:
The other lady there was booked solid for her shift.  Other ladies I got replies from on my return journey turned out to be miles off course so sadly no new Latinas or Hungarians to review.   :dash:

Offline sparkus

Still, one of them has a decent pair on her:

External Link/Members Only

They look quite well supported to me etc.
:D

Offline lillythesavage

Still, one of them has a decent pair on her:

External Link/Members Only

They look quite well supported to me etc.
:D

Be careful if you join, you might get sacked  :D

Offline Mr Sinister

Bumping this as there's a major tube strike next week so get your punts in this week and hope nothing special pops up on AW/VS next week

Offline Bangman

Yeap..so annoying...Mr Sadiq Khans poor train/tube management of London..
FYI- he is in charge of TFL
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 09:28:38 am by Bangman »

Offline theeaglekid

Yeap..so annoying...Mr Sadiq Khans poor train/tube management of London..
FYI- he is in charge of TFL

Dislike Mr Khan a lot... however this particular strike is about pensions.

TfL employees enjoy some of the best pensions in the country. its about 6-6.6 multiple of what the employee puts and works out about 27-33% of the the monthly salary...

Not sure how that is reasonably sustainable in the long run. about 400M a year to run.

TfL received gov funding, of which one of the conditions condition they reduce the pension pot.