Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting Talk in Civvy Life  (Read 4611 times)

Online threechilliman

Before I started punting in March, I wouldn't have recognised any 'punting talk' as I wouldn't have been aware of it. Now I find myself amused whenever I hear someone come out with a punting term in general conversation - and wonder if they're punters and if they realise they're doing it.

Examples have been a commentator in the World Cup coming out with 'they need a Plan B', a colleague referring to his 'Other Half' and so on - you hear them all the time. The best example was very early in my punting career when an acquaintance, who'd pointed out a delightful young lady to me, uttered 'I wouldn't mind an hour with her'. I immediately thought 'PUNTER!!'

Anybody else got any gems?

tcm

Offline akauya

I once saw a 'l'oreal facials' advert on a bus shelter with the picture of a pretty woman spreading some white gooey liquid on her face... made me chuckle  :)

Rochdull lad

I know what you're saying, tcm; but quite a lot of the phrases to which we give our particular meaning are current in other [more innocent? ;)] circles.

In my early days of punting 8 or 9 years ago, there used to be a contributor on another forum who was a punter's wife.  She once made the point, which has been echoed on here from time to time, that many women we see on the bus, in the street, wherever, could easily be WGs.

Offline Lilywhite

• Service Provider
I laugh everytime I see 'BB' cream.

It's some sort of make up product for us women.

pleasure

I'm afraid the denizens of this site aren't quite as creative as you're giving them credit for TCM. "Plan B" and "other half" are common everyday phrases, and I've heard plenty of people comment that they "wouldn't mind an hour with" some girl they fancy.

On the other hand, I've never heard the term "fluffy" outside of the punting context, and for that matter I don't recall ever seeing it outside of this forum. Can anyone confirm or deny that this particular usage was coined here? And can anyone think of any other phrases used on UKP which are uncommon/unknown elsewhere?

pleasure

I once saw a 'l'oreal facials' advert on a bus shelter with the picture of a pretty woman spreading some white gooey liquid on her face... made me chuckle  :)

That always gives me a giggle too. Another one is CBT, which can have very different meanings depending on whether you're in a sexual or non-sexual context. :)

yorkshire123

Mrs Y always says "do you want any thing out when I'm at the ATM", she still hasn't realised why i start laughing bless her  :D

Rochdull lad

That always gives me a giggle too. Another one is CBT, which can have very different meanings depending on whether you're in a sexual or non-sexual context. :)

Of course.  As a punter who's involved in mental health matters, then CBT has too many meanings!!

Online threechilliman

The point I was making was not the obvious one's that are everyday terms (even though they make me smile), but odd one's that people come out with that make you pause for thought. Is he or isn't he?

tcm

k

In the old days, just the mention of Shepherds Market would be enough to label you as a potential punter.

These days Chelsea Cloisters and Nell Gwyn House hold similar connotation.

k

I laugh everytime I see 'BB' cream.

It's some sort of make up product for us women.
One place where you won't see the claim "Hand Made" on the container.

Offline Steely Dan

...and when A levels are in the news...

Rochdull lad

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
At their peak Blackberry Mobile Handsets were very popular and they called BB for short. No wonder their popularity didn't last!!

Offline YouOnlyLiveOnce

...and when A levels are in the news...
Indeed.  I remember last summer,  when a TV news piece showed some very happy and very photogenic teenage girls, delighted at having passed their A-level exams.

I had a funny turn and needed to sit down for awhile.

Then there was the "Tesco price guarantee" issue.  An eight-foot-tall marketing display advertising that if you could buy Tesco products locally for less, they would refund the difference.  In front of it stood a very cute blonde with a clipboard.  If she really was tbe cheapest in the area, she would have blown away the competition.

Rochdull lad

Going back to tcm's OP, one that's just occurred to me is "vanilla".

As pleasure noted about "fluffy", that would surely mark out as a punter anyone who used the word to refer to anything other than ice cream.  Wouldn't it?

Online threechilliman

As pleasure noted about "fluffy", that would surely mark out as a punter anyone who used the word to refer to anything other than ice cream.  Wouldn't it?

Almost certainly. I can't think I've heard this one outside of punting forums.

tcm

Offline superchamp

I've definitely heard "vanilla" mentioned to describe something as rather plain before I saw it on UKP.

A few years ago I was out for a drink with my sister and her husband (or OH?) and while he was at the bar she took great delight in telling me that she was off to Boots to have a "facial" with a  gift voucher that she'd been given. Of course, I just cracked up and said something like "it's amazing what you can get in Boots these days". When he came back with the drinks she's saying "what?, what did I say?" and I'm still laughing and saying "no, no, nothing". Bro in law says "what did you say to him?", she says "I just said I'm getting a facial at Boots". He then proceeded to spray the both of us with the mouthful of beer that he'd just supped.  :D

k

The old name for a facial used to be "string of pearls"

rogerc23

A while back at work a customer by the name of mr cim popped up,had me chuckling!

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Car Registration Plates that have OWO on them.

dilettante

Yes I would have cited that too in response to pleasure's question above.  'Fluffy' is hardly used to refer to anything and must be punting's equivalent of a 'cuddly toy' - unless it means 'inexperienced with WGs' like a half-fledged chick (and in Shakespeare's day "fledge" actually referred to the down, too).

Offline akauya

Ah yes but you have to be careful with the word "vanilla" as swingers use that word to describe non-swingers. So if you hear someone talking about vanilla people they could be swingers or punters ;)

Rochdull lad

Ah yes but you have to be careful with the word "vanilla" as swingers use that word to describe non-swingers. So if you hear someone talking about vanilla people they could be swingers or punters ;)

You [I!] learn something every day!  :hi:

pleasure

I wasn't aware of the swinging connection, but in the BDSM community it's used to mean sex of the normal everyday variety, in contrast to all the kinky stuff.

pleasure

The old name for a facial used to be "string of pearls"

Never heard that one before. The term I'd heard was "pearl necklace", which I understand refers specifically to shooting your load over the neck or upper breast area.  :)

k

In my line of work the phrase "fully-functional" sometimes arises.  I tend to use alternatives to prevent the outside possibility of unfortunate images from forming in my client's head.

Pleaseure: yes, my memory deceived me, you are quite correct.

Offline CBPaul

Never heard that one before. The term I'd heard was "pearl necklace", which I understand refers specifically to shooting your load over the neck or upper breast area.  :)

That's the one I remember too.

Anyway, being in the Cambridge area the obvious one for me has to be punting itself.

Now the decent weather is here I quite often hear 'I went punting at the weekend' or some such like. Always makes me chuckle.

Best of all is walking though the town, getting approached by a tasty young student and being asked if I'm interested in punting. If only! But I fear they mean I am interested in sitting in a silly little raft whilst they propel it very slowly up and down the river using a long stick.  :(

Online threechilliman

That's the one I remember too.

Anyway, being in the Cambridge area the obvious one for me has to be punting itself.

Now the decent weather is here I quite often hear 'I went punting at the weekend' or some such like. Always makes me chuckle.

Best of all is walking though the town, getting approached by a tasty young student and being asked if I'm interested in punting. If only! But I fear they mean I am interested in sitting in a silly little raft whilst they propel it very slowly up and down the river using a long stick.  :(

My answer would have to be 'yes, in your bedroom'

tcm

Offline CBPaul

My answer would have to be 'yes, in your bedroom'

tcm

Funnily enough that's what goes through my head. That and asking if they room nearby.  :D

a10

Back home there is a "beauty salon" (not to be known by the monsters going in and out of it!) that offers facials, pedicures and manicures. A friend's mother visited a while ago and partook of their services. Being of the age where "foreign" words are to be avoided, she announced upon returning home that she'd had a facial and a foot job.

I nearly spat my tea across the living room and had to pretend I was choking on a bourbon.

touch.and.go

I find it amusing when beach hotels offer "watersports included FOC but charge for motorized watersports" :lol:

Jim Panzee

Back home there is a "beauty salon" (not to be known by the monsters going in and out of it!) that offers facials, pedicures and manicures. A friend's mother visited a while ago and partook of their services. Being of the age where "foreign" words are to be avoided, she announced upon returning home that she'd had a facial and a foot job.

I nearly spat my tea across the living room and had to pretend I was choking on a bourbon.

I genuinely laughed out loud when I read this. :D

Offline Markus

I don't know if this counts but on Channel 4 news the reporter said he following:

It's something that hasn't been seen for centuries, beavers living in the wild in England!

I almost spilt my tea. Brilliant.

Offline Markus

He just bettered that comment by saying:

This previously unseen footage sees beavers doing the things they should, like careful grooming.

Hahahahaha.

rogerc23

I genuinely laughed out loud when I read this. :D

ditto, facials in that context always raises a chuckle as does any mention of watersports!

k

He just bettered that comment by saying:

This previously unseen footage sees beavers doing the things they should, like careful grooming.

Hahahahaha.
When disturbed from their natural habitat will we see them migrating to a landing strip?

Offline Stoking

On the other hand, I've never heard the term "fluffy" outside of the punting context, and for that matter I don't recall ever seeing it outside of this forum. Can anyone confirm or deny that this particular usage was coined here? And can anyone think of any other phrases used on UKP which are uncommon/unknown elsewhere?

The term fluffy and fluff is used in certain tabletop miniture game circles to describe people who like the backstory/universe etc more than playing the game itself. Weirdly similar huh? Maybe they borrowed the term unwittingly?

Anyone else they're a punter..... mind I wouldn't be suprised if tabletop gamers are punters too....  :sarcastic:

I went boxing the other night and got chatting to a bloke that who has mutual friends with myself. Got chatting in the pub and turn out he's a copper, he got talking to my mate concerning helping prossies out who've been robbed by punters etc and where the local brothels are. Halfway through the conversation it was obvious we both knew the other was a punter. My mate who by this point was almost a third wheel in the conversation was oblivious.... but was very interested on where these so called brothels were.... potential future punter perhaps? :drinks:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:31:23 pm by Stoking »

Offline Captain Fuzzyduck

I kid you not, but when standing in the queue at the minibank  waiting to withdraw funds for my last punt, a male voice called out my name from across the street, asked if I enjoyed our blow the previous evening, and would I be going for another one next week. I had to agree, as we did have a great blow together ...........along with  the other 23 players in our brass band ......who get all hot and sweaty together in rehearsal once a week.
If you look on forums such as 4bars rest or Trumpetmaster you will find lots of gear fetishists comparing the sizes and shapes of their mouthpiece rims, cups, throats, backbores and shanks, but even those of us with other interests like to work on our advanced tonguing techniques, we have our favourite slide lubricants, and we are so very careful not to bend our delicate bell ends.

yorkshire123

Not really punting talk but it made me nearly piss my pants.....

I was off to the shop this morning & asked Mrs Y if she wanted anything, her response was "Pineapple juice please, i don't know why but i have a craving for the stuff"  :cool:

So the question is, which one of you dirty fuckers has been feeding my wife pineapple juice flavoured jizz?  :angry:

Online threechilliman

Not really punting talk but it made me nearly piss my pants.....

I was off to the shop this morning & asked Mrs Y if she wanted anything, her response was "Pineapple juice please, i don't know why but i have a craving for the stuff"  :cool:

So the question is, which one of you dirty fuckers has been feeding my wife pineapple juice flavoured jizz?  :angry:

In prep for my next punt, I consumed a tin of pineapple yesterday and have another in my desk which will be eaten shortly. Now, who should be the lucky lady?

tcm

Offline Spanish Lad

:D

a10

Sky's latest broadband offer has a web address for "unlimitedbb"  :vomit: Must admit I thought of this site the moment I saw that  :sarcastic: