Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Postcodes in AW profiles  (Read 1421 times)

Offline dobob

I often want to find out the (short) postcode that must be stored somewhere in each AW profile. The only way I can see for finding it out is by using the option to view a map. Does anyone know if there's a way of just seeing the postcode without bothering with the map.

Apologies for the boring question!

Cheers!

Offline Moby Dick

You could always use the search function - proximity tab.
Set distance within a postcode that is of interest.

Offline dobob

Thanks. I am aware of that search function, but it isn't what I am looking for. When I have found a profile I'm interested in, I often want to see the postcode to tell whether it's near a station or whether I need to drive. As I know the postcodes of my local stations, I just want to see the postcode.

Cheers!

Offline Moby Dick

Thanks. I am aware of that search function, but it isn't what I am looking for. When I have found a profile I'm interested in, I often want to see the postcode to tell whether it's near a station or whether I need to drive. As I know the postcodes of my local stations, I just want to see the postcode.

Cheers!
Put the postcode of the station in, distance you are happy to walk and see if she comes up.
Otherwise send her a text since what she puts in AW may not be up to date.

Offline scutty brown

AW postcodes aren't accurate  enough to be used like that

only the first part of the code is used - not the full code, and mapped locations approximate to the centre of the short code. So both the station and the destination could be several miles out

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Cheers!
You are also relying on the SP putting the right postcode in, I've seen loads in my area put NE1 when in fact they are based in NE28 about 6 miles away. Plus from the one edge of my postcode to the other is a minimum of a 10 minute drive in any direction.

As it happens you are the second person today who find 2 clicks of a mouse such a major hardship.   :unknown:

Offline dobob

As it happens you are the second person today who find 2 clicks of a mouse such a major hardship.   :unknown:

It's actually usually more like 3 or 4 clicks, because of the stuff that Google maps want you to do before you see the map. It isn't a major hardship and I didn't say it was. I'm just surprised that it isn't just displayed somewhere (e.g., on the menu item that gets you to the map) and wondered if I was missing something - apparently I'm not. As for the other comments, just knowing the short postcode is often very useful to me, specifically in Reading and Slough: in other cases and other places YMMV.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:23:15 pm by dobob »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
It's actually usually more like 3 or 4 clicks, because of the stuff that Google maps want you to do before you see the map. It isn't a major hardship and I didn't say it was. I'm just surprised that it isn't just displayed somewhere (e.g., on the menu item that gets you to the map) and wondered if I was missing something - apparently I'm not. As for the other comments, just knowing the short postcode is often very useful to me, specifically in Reading and Slough: in other cases and other places YMMV.

Cheers!
It's enough of an issue for you to have started a thread about it.   :unknown: But never mind if you can't manage 4 clicks take it up with AW.   :hi:

Offline dobob

One of those clicks involves Google taking an eye on what I'm doing.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
One of those clicks involves Google taking an eye on what I'm doing.
What did AdultWork say when you contacted them about it.   :unknown:

Offline bops909

I often want to find out the (short) postcode that must be stored somewhere in each AW profile. The only way I can see for finding it out is by using the option to view a map. Does anyone know if there's a way of just seeing the postcode without bothering with the map.

Cheers!

It's in the url which appears when you click the "see a map" option. You don't have to proceed to Google Maps.

But also, it's well established best practice to get a punting phone that's 100% separate from anything else.

Offline contentguy

As Scutty pointed out above, AW postcodes aren’t accurate enough to identify proximity to a station.

And the proximity search can help you identify the postcode area.
E.g. if you search for 10 miles from RG40:
- RG1 shows as 6.8 miles away.
- GU14 shows as 8.3 miles away
- SL6 shows as 9.6 miles away
- RG12 shows as 3.7

But as suggested by Moby Dick above.  Why doesn’t the proximity search solve your problem with an additional click and using Google?

Or are you just being awkward?

Guy

Offline pilgrim

The AW map system is flawed. Some of the Manchester profiles use a M3 postcode, when you select the map option it shows the M3 motorway!!

Offline geostorm1

I do agree with the general point of this post, which is that is can be difficult to know where a girl is located, relative to public transport or work commutes etc.

Obviously I always end up messaging the girl "where abouts in Nottingham are you based please?" because Nottingham is a pretty big bloody place and is far too vague to plan a meet.

It would be nice if all the profiles were on a Google map, with accurate ish locations of their incall venue. I can understand issues with privacy and safety but what's to stop some schmuck coming on a forum like this one (or any other site online with less rules) and sharing the exact address of the WG?

I'll continue with my current routine but one can hope for better solutions in the future, otherwise I fire off 20 text messages asking where in Birmingham they're based and is it close to my hotel, it must surely get boring for the girl to keep responding to these messages too.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
but what's to stop some schmuck coming on a forum like this one (or any other site online with less rules) and sharing the exact address of the WG?
The rules on here, the mods who remove them and the ban hammer for those who persist.

Offline nuckingfuts

Cheers!

The most accurate way, (not fool proof, evidently) is to ask.

Use a VPN if google is that much of a concern, although “they” probably aren’t too concerned that you’re looking for a person for gratification unless there’s more sinister motives.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk

Offline ilovekungfu

You can search AW using the first part of the postcode. Those for which the distance is 0.0miles are in that exact area, assuming what they entered is correct.

Not really sure it is fair to AW or WGs to expect anything more granular. If you put the same first part of a postcode into Google maps it gives you a shaded area on the map which can be useful for getting a feel for your travel plan, particularly if you know the WG is working out of a hotel.

Offline jonnw16

The AW map system is flawed. Some of the Manchester profiles use a M3 postcode, when you select the map option it shows the M3 motorway!!
That's not a flaw with AW, that's Google Maps interpretation of the parameter being passed ('M1', M3', whatever).

Offline jonnw16

Cheers!
When on the profile in question, open developer tools (usually F12), search for the string "External Link/Members Only" and on that line you can see the postcode.