Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How do we feel about car recognition cameras at hotels?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline MrMatrix

Well today I parked up at a regular hotel I've been to several times. But not since Covid lockdowns started. In that time 6 car recognition cameras have popped up.
Now I was once caught out 6 years ago where I received a parking ticket form a similar situation, so I personnally dont feel too good about these cameras. No good comes of them from a punters point of view as I want to keep a lower profile as possible. Admin errors do happen as well. It would be tough to account to your partner as to why you were at, say the Village Inn for 2 hours.

These days if I see the cameras I will still try and park out ofthe way and walk in, which is what I will do next time here.

O and my parking ticket. I paid it straight away as I was home alone when the letter arrived.  :hi:

Offline RedKettle

It is but one more risk! There are plenty of cameras on the roads that might catch you and indeed if not very careful some camera car from the council might get your car parked on the road if you have misunderstood local rules.

It would also be ironic if in parking your car on a backstreet to avoid a hotel camera you then had to explain how it got nicked in that area!

So yes I agree it is another thing to be careful about but if worried about discovery by OH you really need to always have a reason to be in the general area at that time.

Offline Slaveofnature

I would definitely do what you did and find somewhere else to park. The other point about getting a ticket from the council is also a good one. As I have a bus pass that could be solved by taking the bus to a punt which I used to do before I bought a second car.  Being anonymous is getting harder and harder.

Offline Slowjoe

Agree OP that they aren't welcome but there is no escape, they seem everywhere. Another risk. Where I am, you can't even park in a supermarket or council car park without a camera recording you. And some of the road parking you can only pay for with your phone, no cash option. I could bullshit why in a hotel car park but  CCTV in hotels corridors recording me coming out of a room would be tougher to explain  :scare:

Offline PaulRuff

Just wait until facial recognition cameras become more widespread... :D

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
A few years ago  I went to see a SP who was staying at Days Inn Hotel on the M1 Leicester Forest East Service Station. Normal free parking for people stopping at the services is 1 hour only. I ended up paying £12.00 in order to park over 1 hour.

Offline blend57

This is why I punt at weekends and in London and other big cities where I can take the train in and travel on foot.

Until there are face recognition systems and you receive a fine for jay walking or not putting your crisp packet in the correct litter bin.

Offline MrMatrix

Just wait until facial recognition cameras become more widespread... :D
O that doesnt bare thinking about. It all does seem to be a another risk we have to accept.
If you are forced to park in a hotel then its probably prudent to inform reception as they log your number and then parking in the hotel is allowed. I got an enforcement letter as the SP had buggered me about to the point I'd stayed pass the hour.

Its only going to get more difficult. :hi:

Offline lillythesavage

It is but one more risk! There are plenty of cameras on the roads that might catch you and indeed if not very careful some camera car from the council might get your car parked on the road if you have misunderstood local rules.

It would also be ironic if in parking your car on a backstreet to avoid a hotel camera you then had to explain how it got nicked in that area!

So yes I agree it is another thing to be careful about but if worried about discovery by OH you really need to always have a reason to be in the general area at that time.

Camera cars are now illegal, not the cars, they can no longer issue tickets from them, or from any cctv for parking offences. Private parking is a different matter and still issue camera generated fines. There is no legal requirement to pay them, most do, but if you have balls there is no way to force you.

They rely on your good nature or the OH lol. My son has a draw full of them from forgetting to put the single permit on different vehicles, from the Complex where he lives, never paid a single one and not hard to find, he uses a numbered bay that matches his door number.

Offline lillythesavage

This is why I punt at weekends and in London and other big cities where I can take the train in and travel on foot.

Until there are face recognition systems and you receive a fine for jay walking or not putting your crisp packet in the correct litter bin.

Kahn will soon fix that for you if he gets back in, got to find a way to refill those empty bank accounts, the pedestrian and cyclist are all he has left. While he swans about in his 70k bullet proof car and the barely moving traffic chokes them.

Offline contentguy

.....There is no legal requirement to pay them, most do, but if you have balls there is no way to force you.

They rely on your good nature or the OH lol. My son has a draw full of them from forgetting to put the single permit on different vehicles, from the Complex where he lives, never paid a single one and not hard to find, he uses a numbered bay that matches his door number.

Without going into detail, it’s a lot more complicated than that.
Many enforcement companies do take action in the county court.

Offline smilealltheway

Scary stuff for people who are married or in relationship, imagine trying to get out of that and trying to explain it,

Offline MrMatrix

Scary stuff for people who are married or in relationship, imagine trying to get out of that and trying to explain it,
Exactly. I've come close once as I said above. But even the most diligent of punters is going to get videod some where. We all have to be a lot more savvy :hi:

Offline MrMatrix

Without going into detail, it’s a lot more complicated than that.
Many enforcement companies do take action in the county court.
So is Lillythesavage right or are you right or is it some where inbetween. Lillys son seems to have got away with it.
If I got an enforcement notice whilst punting I'd just pay it as I did the last time. I also try and avoid hotel car parks now as they all seem to have recognition cameras. I also stick to speed limits on motorways etc. I cant think of any excuse of being on the M25 travelling to Dartford.

Offline Baxter63

In London some councils make CCTV a condition of licences. It used to be for trouble pubs, etc., but now it includes massage shops, in some Boroughs.
Banned reason: Anti UKP wanker Kelvin on another forum
Banned by: 90125

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
In London some councils make CCTV a condition of licences. It used to be for trouble pubs, etc., but now it includes massage shops, in some Boroughs.

External Link/Members Only

This restaurant owner was lucky to keep his licence.

Offline contentguy

So is Lillythesavage right or are you right or is it some where inbetween. Lillys son seems to have got away with it.
If I got an enforcement notice whilst punting I'd just pay it as I did the last time. I also try and avoid hotel car parks now as they all seem to have recognition cameras. I also stick to speed limits on motorways etc. I cant think of any excuse of being on the M25 travelling to Dartford.

It's somewhere in between.  Lilly's son may have "got away with it", though he may get some nasty surprises through the mailbox.  Alternatively, perhaps the parking company uses some common sense and doesn't pursue his son as they realise he lives at the premises they're monitoring.  There are lots of resources on-line about mounting a defence against these charges.

If you Google: Court / Summons and one of the parking companies.
Britannia Parking Group, Euro Car Parks, National Car Parks (NCP), ParkingEye.
There are plenty of examples of people with a county court summons for a failing to respond to a parking notice issued by these companies. 

Here's a couple of examples:

Also the ParkingEye vs Beavis Supreme Court case allows parking companies to charge an extra fee when the issue ends up in court.  External Link/Members Only
If these tickets could be ignored Mr Beavis wouldn't have had his day in court.

It's just not right to say "They rely on your good nature or the OH lol".  It's a civil matter, the parking companies can and do take action in court for breach of contract.  And can add another £100 for their inconvenience.

Offline MrMatrix

It's somewhere in between.  Lilly's son may have "got away with it", though he may get some nasty surprises through the mailbox.  Alternatively, perhaps the parking company uses some common sense and doesn't pursue his son as they realise he lives at the premises they're monitoring.  There are lots of resources on-line about mounting a defence against these charges.

If you Google: Court / Summons and one of the parking companies.
Britannia Parking Group, Euro Car Parks, National Car Parks (NCP), ParkingEye.
There are plenty of examples of people with a county court summons for a failing to respond to a parking notice issued by these companies. 

Here's a couple of examples:

Also the ParkingEye vs Beavis Supreme Court case allows parking companies to charge an extra fee when the issue ends up in court.  External Link/Members Only
If these tickets could be ignored Mr Beavis wouldn't have had his day in court.

It's just not right to say "They rely on your good nature or the OH lol".  It's a civil matter, the parking companies can and do take action in court for breach of contract.  And can add another £100 for their inconvenience.
Thanks for that most informative reply. Dont think I will be taking such chances then :hi:

Offline Baxter63

A lot of Scots think or did think, that an earlier case gave them the absolute right to park on private land but it wasn't so - just the usual newspapers getting it wrong again.

There have been cases taken by the pursuers - here's one and a costly debt of more than £24,000 + to the bad parker (stroppy & entitled by the sound of it).

External Link/Members Only[/url][/url]
Banned reason: Anti UKP wanker Kelvin on another forum
Banned by: 90125

Offline dkn

I'm happy as long as it's clear and as long as I can easily register my car.

Got caught out once without realising there was a parking time limit over which you needed to be registered or pay.  Thankfully had a good cover story to that, and made damn sure I registered my car on future visits.

Not too worried about the privacy issues of my car being registered with a hotel - it was the parking ticket through the post which posed the much higher risk!

Offline bigboy96

You have to be careful about leaving cars in some supermarket car parks now. Although most are free for 2-3 hours with no problem, in some you have to purchase something, then scan your receipt for the free parking. Best to check, especially if it's in the town centre.

Offline lamboman

Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Arnav09

dude just redirect all your mail to a pobox costs like £30 a year, best thing to do
Banned reason: Posting fake review - potential threats
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline Home Alone

Use a punting car.

Brilliant idea, lamboman!

I can hear it now, "I'm just nipping into town, love; I'll take your car!" :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline advent2016

I drive rentals all the time. It can be a double edged sword. A local girl I see for a car meet who isn't too bright but gives a cracking BJ commented that I'm often in a different car although I try and make it easy by driving the same model and colour when I pick her up.

Offline David1970

Car recognition camera companies provide the equipment and install it for free to the company who owns the car park, they make their money out of fines. The company that owns the car park make money out of the parking charges also stops people parking all day for free. It’s a great system for the company who owns the car park, income without cost.
If you pay the parking charge can’t see what you have to worry about.

Offline tynetunnel

Brilliant idea, lamboman!

I can hear it now, "I'm just nipping into town, love; I'll take your car!" :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I did a car meet once with a girl on SA in the wife’s car. She had taken mine as it was a long trip she was making and my car was better/newer/more reliable. It did add an extra dimension, not least as it was the first time I’d ever been in the back seats of her motor!  :D

Offline contentguy

Thanks for that most informative reply. Dont think I will be taking such chances then :hi:

No problem.

Link to the story about £24k in fines as the above doesn’t work.

It’s so easy to say that private parking contracts are unenforceable.  I hope Lilly’s son doesn’t get a nasty surprise, though that may be the parking mgmt company’s strategy.  Perhaps they realise they’ve got a repeat offender and let the charges roll up to make going to court pay a serious bonus :rolleyes:

Offline Home Alone

I did a car meet once with a girl on SA in the wife’s car. She had taken mine as it was a long trip she was making and my car was better/newer/more reliable. It did add an extra dimension, not least as it was the first time I’d ever been in the back seats of her motor!  :D

I'm tempted to ask if you had the car valeted before Mrs tt got home?? "Just a little gesture for you, my lurve!"😉

You can tell I've been home alone for a very long time, can't you?! 😉😂

Offline rubric

O that doesnt bare thinking about. It all does seem to be a another risk we have to accept.

I think the larger change will be reverse searching programs getting better on the back of this, imagine tineye/google/yandex but with the ability to adjust for age/posture/match on partial faces etc.

Offline tynetunnel

I'm tempted to ask if you had the car valeted before Mrs tt got home?? "Just a little gesture for you, my lurve!"😉

You can tell I've been home alone for a very long time, can't you?! 😉😂
Tempted HA, or actually asking?  :unknown: :D

The answer is: no, I didn’t valet her car, although the vinyl in the back did get a bit of a polish!  :hi: :lol:

Offline Home Alone

Offline JammyD

Once went to a punt in the wife’s car (swapped cars). A few weeks later she messaged saying wtf just received this parking fine. At that point felt like the world was caving in i’ve been rumbled  :scare: fortunately was away on business at the time so time to think of legit excuse. Said just said I had pulled over was feeling tired so took a nap in said hotel car park. She was happy that I offered to pay. WIN WIN situation  :yahoo: Warning out there for you fellas… it’s a dangerous game   :D

Offline MrMatrix

Once went to a punt in the wife’s car (swapped cars). A few weeks later she messaged saying wtf just received this parking fine. At that point felt like the world was caving in i’ve been rumbled  :scare: fortunately was away on business at the time so time to think of legit excuse. Said just said I had pulled over was feeling tired so took a nap in said hotel car park. She was happy that I offered to pay. WIN WIN situation  :yahoo: Warning out there for you fellas… it’s a dangerous game   :D
Quick thinking JD. I'll remember that one.
When I got photoed I was lucky enough that the enforcement notice arrive when the OH was out. Paid it straight away. I wouldnt have got the ticket had I not been buggered about by the SP as well. Still lesson learned. :hi:

Offline Gordon Bennett

The ladies don't help... I visited a lady who told me there was plenty of space to park at her flats and it was a free for all so I could park in any numbered bay I want.
I thought to myself fuck that and jumped on Google Satellite and Google Street View. I immediately saw that the flats were very central and near the train station so parking almost certainly had to be controlled. I used street view to virtually drive towards the flats and lo and behold it was residents parking permit only. I continued my virtual drive around the locale and identified a stretch of road with free parking for 2hrs 150yds away.
If I'd have taken her at face value I'd have been in a right pickle and faced the stress of finding somewhere legal to park at the 11th hour. This is always my approach.... I always assume parking will be problematic or restricted and I use Google to identify potential parking spaces that are 100% legal before I set off. I NEVER assume that any car park is free: my starting point is that there must be restrictions or terms and conditions to adhere to.

Offline curry

Its the same in some parts of the Midlands especially Bham. Its an easy way for them to get us to do the work of the police. The Police often visit parlours with mugshots of people they are looking for or who are wanted etc.

In bham they are introducing a "clean air charge" so if you are in the zone you pay if your car is old. Now as much as the £9 or so possibly wont bother any punter ready to rock his socks. The issue may be for some is that it can only be paid on line etc so will show on statements etc.

Have you London boys got any great tips on how to camouflage this?